Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3998 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
Don't look at me i been at work all day

but i did smile when i saw it on the news
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
get bof

Did ARFCOM infiltrate the UK defense ministry?  Love them!

Don't look at me i been at work all day

but i did smile when i saw it on the news

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By QUACK32:

Get both!
Drop the bridge where the ships pass under it.
View Quote
Sounds great
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Ukraine promised not to use them on Russian territory, Rostov is out as well as any ports not in Ukraine. So Crimea is in as well as Mariupol, but Rostov is out.
View Quote
You harsh my dreams
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
Well it looks like my productivity is shot to hell for the foreseeable future(F5,F5,F5) like it was during the summer/fall when Russia was getting its shit pushed in.
View Quote

Broken Arrow! Say again, Broken Arrow!
“ARFCOM Keyboard Brigade is being overwhelmed. We need resupply ASAP! Running out of coffee, need more wrist splints, and for God’s sake send more F5 keys!!!”
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AuNate:

I have noticed on other websites, they usually hit the hardest before bad news comes out. Maybe the counteroffensive really has begun, as stated in the post above yours?
View Quote
Can you send me links.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Time, once again, to stay in the boat?
View Quote
Yes it's a good idea. Every thread does not have to be Bakmut.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:40:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#7]
Originally Posted By FriskyDillo:

Bahkmut Bob: EVERYTHING IS FINE NO NEED TO PANIC
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FriskyDillo:

Bahkmut Bob: EVERYTHING IS FINE NO NEED TO PANIC

That guy really deserved some sort of medal for being able to stand up there delivering that crap in the face of shock and awe.

We’re fine!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
You harsh my dreams
View All Quotes

Ukraine promised not to use them on Russian territory, Rostov is out as well as any ports not in Ukraine. So Crimea is in as well as Mariupol, but Rostov is out.
You harsh my dreams

I know!  Every instinct is to strike at the targets in Russia which would have ten times the effect of reducing pressure in Ukraine. For now they have to restrict themselves to occupied areas. But they eventually should sever every bridge and road at the borders.

Any big target in occupied zone is definitely up for grabs!  Woo hoo!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Russian TG

The Ukrainian army has launched local offensive operations in the Bakhmut direction. This is evidenced by the messages of military officers Yarem, Simonov and Poddubny, as well as statements by Yevgeny Prigozhin.

Thus, the enemy, taking advantage of the low readiness and motivation of the units of the Ministry of Defense that held the flank of the Bakhmut group, was able to recapture several positions near the key supply roads for the units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine near the villages of Khromovo and Ivanovskoye and continues attacks in the direction of Kleshcheevka.

It is also reported that the Armed Forces of Ukraine attempted a breakthrough using tanks in the direction of Soledar and are trying to gain a foothold in new positions.

@milinfolive

https://t.me/milinfolive/100508

🇬🇧🇺🇦 The Russian Ministry of Defense denied all data about the escalation in the sectors of the front (finally, live reports of events on the fronts!).

And they confirmed the local offensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine "in the direction of the settlement of Maloilinovka."

📌 Malo-Ilyinovka is located on the old maps of the General Staff 1 km north-east of Yagodnoye on the northern outskirts of Bakhmut. From the outskirts of Bogdanovka, where there was a breakthrough of the Armed Forces of Ukraine according to the Wagner PMC, to Malo-Ilyinovka - over 6 km.

Thus, the Russian Ministry of Defense confirmed, at a minimum, the fact of active hostilities and a strike on the flank of the group in the place that the Wagner PMC military correspondents spoke about.
#Bakhmut #Russia #Ukraine
@rybar

Support us

https://t.me/milinfolive/100512

About the counteroffensive. None of the military correspondents did stuffing. The guys wrote the absolute truth that the equipment is on the way, that the fields are being cleared, the contingent is being increased in all directions, that they are tearing the flanks in Artemovsk. And all along the front, boys are dying every day.

This does not mean that everything is on fire in all directions, and thousands of kilometers are on fire. This means that the front begins to noticeably move.

There was preparation before that, but now it's a more active phase. The fights don't stop. Ukraine shells every day (they have enough shells, there is no limit on the number of shots). Ukraine is looking for where we are bursting at the seams. And a row of generals' stripes are bursting at the seams.

And you should not panic, and scratch your belly too, otherwise I remember how they reassured me about Raisins, and about Balakleya, and about Liman. Mouths were shut, they say, do not sow panic. Nobody sows. Learn to work with information without adding your schizoidness to it. And it is also not necessary to report where and where our fighters flew from. And then they themselves raised a panic, perverting Kots, Pegov and Poddubny, and then they also laid out all the cards on the table. You have to be smarter and smarter. Fools, damn it.

https://t.me/NeoficialniyBeZsonoV/25267

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#11]
“The Russians are actively leaving a significant amount of ammunition in the direction of Bakhmut.”

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Can you send me links.
View Quote

Mostly on pol, and the hide. Front page covered in slide threads, war thread inundated with stuff about da joos , 87th mobilisation by UK,a million dead soldiers, etc .
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:01:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#13]
The islands have often been dismissed as inmaterial because Russia is supposedly entrenched on the left bank or the left bank is swampy and not suitable for landings. But they start to add up and this is a big one. Every inch closer make the job easier and brings more RuAF targets within range.
https://twitter.com/pstyle0ne1/status/1656420325913944076
‼️ Potemkinsky Island Island is  reportedly completely under the control of ZSU

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:02:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Prime:
“The Russians are actively leaving a significant amount of ammunition in the direction of Bakhmut.”

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/08942593-D19B-44D3-AED0-DA6DB27D47C7-2813425.jpg
View Quote

Nice! Less anti-armor rockets to worry about and more to turn against them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder if the possible flank collapse is literally just the flanks collapsing to small, 'normal', local counterattacks
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
I wonder if the possible flank collapse is literally just the flanks collapsing to small, 'normal', local counterattacks
View Quote

That’s where I’m leaning. Though Zelensky saying “we need more time” makes me wonder.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#18]
As always, Prigorzhin distorts the facts to fit his purposes. There is 10% truth to what he says. It is always worse for Wagner than he reports.
https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-05-11-23/h_f1a2bb71dbe8d6be583188a22505f70c

Ukrainian commander says Wagner fighters "ran away" from Bakhmut first, countering claims made by mercenary chief

The Ukrainian commander of a battalion involved in the country's attack on Russian positions near Bakhmut this week has told CNN the first Russians to abandon the area were Wagner fighters, contradicting claims by the mercenary group's chief that regular Russian troops initially fled the battleground in eastern Ukraine.

The commander of the First Battalion of the 3rd Assault Brigade, whose call-sign is Rollo, told a CNN team in eastern Ukraine that while Wagner units left their station southwest of the city of Bakhmut, the troops of the Russian army’s 72nd Brigade stayed and fought.

His remarks contradict those of Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin, who accused the 72nd Brigade of deserting their positions.

At one point, Rollo said, Kyiv's forces used powerful HIMARS rockets against Russian infantry, who were gathering to reinforce positions. HIMARS rockets, provided by the United States, are normally used on more long-range targets such as ammunition depots and have a reputation for pinpoint accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#19]
As always, Prigorzhin distorts the facts to fit his purposes. There is 10% truth to what he says. It is always worse for Wagner than he reports.
https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-05-11-23/h_f1a2bb71dbe8d6be583188a22505f70c

Ukrainian commander says Wagner fighters "ran away" from Bakhmut first, countering claims made by mercenary chief

The Ukrainian commander of a battalion involved in the country's attack on Russian positions near Bakhmut this week has told CNN the first Russians to abandon the area were Wagner fighters, contradicting claims by the mercenary group's chief that regular Russian troops initially fled the battleground in eastern Ukraine.

The commander of the First Battalion of the 3rd Assault Brigade, whose call-sign is Rollo, told a CNN team in eastern Ukraine that while Wagner units left their station southwest of the city of Bakhmut, the troops of the Russian army’s 72nd Brigade stayed and fought.

His remarks contradict those of Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin, who accused the 72nd Brigade of deserting their positions.

At one point, Rollo said, Kyiv's forces used powerful HIMARS rockets against Russian infantry, who were gathering to reinforce positions. HIMARS rockets, provided by the United States, are normally used on more long-range targets such as ammunition depots and have a reputation for pinpoint accuracy.
View Quote

Thus begins Prigorzhin's Prolapse
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#20]

That’s where I’m leaning. Though Zelensky saying “we need more time” makes me wonder.

View All Quotes

I tend to agree. I think it's just a localized counter attack, and the Russians are exhausted enough that they're being forced to cede ground.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

Look at the respect they showed that man. Most of the people there probably hardly knew him, yet the town gave him the same funeral they would give to their own sons. Ukraine is very worthy of our support. If the South Vietnamese, Afghans and Iraqis had fought half as hard as Ukrainians have, perhaps their stories would be drastically different today.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

Look at the respect they showed that man. Most of the people there probably hardly knew him, yet the town gave him the same funeral they would give to their own sons. Ukraine is very worthy of our support. If the South Vietnamese, Afghans and Iraqis had fought half as hard as Ukrainians have, perhaps their stories would be drastically different today.

I noticed the same, not just for this Soldier but others also. He gave his all for a worthy cause.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Zelensky being a leader…
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
12 min ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv3uBDQWcAwHNjn?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

LOL! The Orcs have lost in one day what probably took them a month and a thousand casualties to capture. That HAS to totally be fucking with their psyche.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#25]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/08942593-D19B-44D3-AED0-DA6DB27D47C7-2813425.jpg
View Quote

A bunch of Kornets and an AT4? The UA should send them all back ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:34:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#26]
Every bit helps. Especially now that these are Storm Shadow capable!

Oof!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#27]
This guy is on the front near Bakhmut.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Oof!
View Quote

I want them to get Western aircraft, but I can at least sort of understand the rationale behind why it hasn't happened yet. There's only a certain amount of funds allocated for Ukraine, and getting more passed with the GOP controlled house might prove to be difficult. Thus, it's smart to supply the most in demand stuff, and I think decision makers may have come to the conclusion that a handful of F16s aren't going to be a significant addition. I think they'd rather continue supplying, say, 155mm instead, because that's much more important for keeping Ukraine alive.

Refusing to send long range munitions is purely cowardice, though. There's valid concerns about our own stockpiles of ATACMS, but I don't think that's what's motivating the Biden Administration not to send them. I think it's just fear of escalation and Biden being the dove that he is (this is the same guy who argued against the Bin Laden raid). It's the same thing with cluster munitions. Ukraine wants them, we have large stockpiles, and we can't use them ourselves. Not sending them is solely due to political concerns and concerns about optics.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AuNate:

Mostly on pol, and the hide. Front page covered in slide threads, war thread inundated with stuff about da joos , 87th mobilisation by UK,a million dead soldiers, etc .
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

I suggested this a few hundred pages ago!!! I hope its true and they encircle the whole fucking lot of them!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#31]
everybody so excited to see the ruZZians get their asses kicked to kingdom come.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

I think we can expect to see a lot more localized counter offensives like this, especially once the big one kicks off. They'll likely be used as a means to fix Russian units in place, and who knows, they might turn into larger scale breakthroughs if they find a weak spot in the Russian line.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I hope it's dipped in hot glue and rolled in sand
View Quote

Ohhhh, the Karma!!! Russia needs to STFU about anything England does.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Biden is such a spineless pussy. Perhaps the brave example the Brits and Poles are setting will finally shame him into doing more.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I think we are seeing the beginning of some pushes, but not the promised counter offensive yet, Ukraine has been shaping the battlefield for awhile now. Great to instill panic and fear in your enemy, then when and where he doesnt expect it you push and divide. I dont think the ground and mud has subsided enough for the whole push yet. Everyone should watch President Zelenskys speech today.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:
I think we are seeing the beginning of some pushes, but not the promised counter offensive yet, Ukraine has been shaping the battlefield for awhile now. Great to instill panic and fear in your enemy, then when and where he doesnt expect it you push and divide. I dont think the ground and mud has subsided enough for the whole push yet. Everyone should watch President Zelenskys speech today.
View Quote
If Ukraine is taking ground without it being an offensive then the offensive may be nuts.  None of us really know though right now
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Bold text is painful truth. We’ve been stomping around the ME doing Saudi bidding for peoples who hate us, and revert to what they have been since 630AD the minute we depart. Anything we do there should be quick punitive strike and nothing more. Let them kill each other.

Ukraine is a refreshing instance of civilization and honor combating barbarians, fighting their own fight that benefits the world. Well worth every billion of support.
View Quote

Sadly true. And when it came time to support people that were just like the people WE wanted to be, many of us were too stupid or sinical to realize the opportunity. "because goat herders in A-stan let us down we are going to abandon Ukraine"...
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

"Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition"....or that's exactly what I would say if I was conducting an offensive. Seriously though, I think this is like the tenticles on a catfish .....just feeling around to see what's ahead so you don't run face first into a log.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#41]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv3WoELWAAgtOPn?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv3Xy2kWAA0LP1O?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv3e0_vXoAAN-Wd?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

It would be hilarious if the UA offensive kicks off and kicks ass all without the Western tanks and equipment!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

It would be hilarious if the UA offensive kicks off and kicks ass all without the Western tanks and equipment!!
View Quote
55s through 72s are much lighter than many western MBT's.  Essentially, its a sort of return of the Heavy, Medium, Light, meta.  The Russkie stuff could exploit gaps created by the western MBT's,
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:34:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#43]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

I want them to get Western aircraft, but I can at least sort of understand the rationale behind why it hasn't happened yet. There's only a certain amount of funds allocated for Ukraine, and getting more passed with the GOP controlled house might prove to be difficult. Thus, it's smart to supply the most in demand stuff, and I think decision makers may have come to the conclusion that a handful of F16s aren't going to be a significant addition. I think they'd rather continue supplying, say, 155mm instead, because that's much more important for keeping Ukraine alive.

Refusing to send long range munitions is purely cowardice, though. There's valid concerns about our own stockpiles of ATACMS, but I don't think that's what's motivating the Biden Administration not to send them. I think it's just fear of escalation and Biden being the dove that he is (this is the same guy who argued against the Bin Laden raid). It's the same thing with cluster munitions. Ukraine wants them, we have large stockpiles, and we can't use them ourselves. Not sending them is solely due to political concerns and concerns about optics.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Oof!

Truth. To supply more would require POTUS leadership which we sorely lack. We should be supplying ATACMS with a balls to the wall production expedite. We should be allowing other countries to provide F16s. I think Poland has already offered to provide maintenance base for them.

Instead, drooling lost Biden is obstructing other countries and foot dragging US provisions.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#46]
lol.

The position of Z-military correspondents changed after the statement of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, in which the military department of the occupiers refuted statements about the breakthrough of defense in various parts of the line of contact with the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

The Ukrainian command does not comment on the situation.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#47]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv4BXUOWAAIaJKc?format=jpg&name=largeeverybody so excited to see the ruZZians get their asses kicked to kingdom come.
View Quote

Stop at Urals to reassess.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Helluva time to have my last day off and working the next 7 days, so much is happening but I think mainly its a huge psyop on the russkies, keep em guessing , instill as much panic as possible. Let the internet run wild and hopefully force all the russkie squatters out of their abodes. I wouldnt

blow the Kerch bridge until the last car of squatters has left Crimea and Mariupol and the other homes they have occupied. Then Boom!!!

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Ah yes the ole "we're not ready".....while absolutely being ready.

I bet the Storm Shadow's showed up a few weeks ago....
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
If they can hit two of big ones they could totally fuck that bridge.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/114465/2021-07-21_jpg-2813180.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Originally Posted By theskuh:
Originally Posted By kncook:

Blast the in-bound lane to prove a message.

Hit the rails leave the lanes tell them they are next
Hit the pilings and drop the spans. No need to waste breath or paper.
If they can hit two of big ones they could totally fuck that bridge.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/114465/2021-07-21_jpg-2813180.JPG

Just wondering outloud if the M- 77 Meteor mine clearing charge floats and how water resistant it might be.
One draped around a piling might cause some concern.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3998 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top