Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4132 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

There were solutions created many years ago because of Poland and other Eastern European NATO countries that had legacy Russian SAM units that needed integration with Western systems.  To not know that if you are in that field is a red flag to me.  There is public info available now that proves that statement on the document false.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

Again the reason I did not trust or believe the information in those leaks was real.

That would be dumb even for them.
If we assume the leaks date to prior to Patriot, SAMPT, and most NASAMS, it would really only apply to Soviet gear like S300 and BUK.  They're perfectly aware that western systems are present in numbers now, but they're still flinging LR PGMs like it was the start of the war.
I think it's either a political demand (from Putin) to show results against western systems, or they're desperate enough to use anything and everything while it can do them some good.

See the leaked document below, it mentions Patriot lol.  Also says the systems cannot be "layered"  It is pure disinformation in my opinion to lure the Russians to waste precious missile resources.

Anyone worried about their clearance, please don't click the link.

Click To View Spoiler

From reading through it may mean that western SAMs can't be layered with Soviet SAMs.
I know we were supposed to be working on that solution and it may be mentioned in the paper as "FrankenSAM."

There were solutions created many years ago because of Poland and other Eastern European NATO countries that had legacy Russian SAM units that needed integration with Western systems.  To not know that if you are in that field is a red flag to me.  There is public info available now that proves that statement on the document false.

Just 2 more weeks and Ukraines SAMs will be depleted!

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

August 6 - Hiroshima
August 7 - Russia declares war on Japan
August 9 - Nagasaki
August 9 - Red Army offensive in Manchuria surprises Japan who thought they needed rail
August 10-14 Japan suffers numerous defeats in Manchuria as soviets rapidly advance
August 15 - Japan surrenders

The realization that they would not be able to hold on to their colonies in Asia factored at least as much into the Japanese surrender as the bombs.

By that point in the war they knew they were going to lose but had been holding out for a negotiated peace that left them in control of some of their conquered territory.

The Russian success in Manchuria took that off the table and added to the atomic bombs meant there was little left to negotiate for in the face of large ongoing losses
View Quote

That's a revisionist viewpoint that I've seen heavily pushed by Russians in recent years. Its part of their IO campaign narrative that the USSR entirely won WW2 all by themselves, without any assistance from Allies and also that lend-lease was inconsequential.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:01:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#3]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:03:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blueballs] [#4]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Russia desperately doesn't want to admit that

A) They were partners with their good friend Hitler, when they attacked/invaded Poland in 1939.

B) When their Nazi friends turned on them, they became exactly what Ukraine is today:  A nation entirely dependent on the charity and aid from the West to defend itself from other fascists.
View Quote

Minor point but there was little difference between Stalinist Russia and Fascist Germany.  Slightly different flavors of the same authoritarian sandwich.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Certainly some of them. But Trumpsters pushing hyper sensitive political correct speech? Then again 2023 is the world upside-down...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

You're wrong.  They're against Ukraine simply because the Biden admin is providing limited support to Ukraine.  If the Trump administration was still in power and providing 10 times the current levels of support, they would support it 100% and clamor for more.

Certainly some of them. But Trumpsters pushing hyper sensitive political correct speech? Then again 2023 is the world upside-down...

They are adopting the tactics of the Enemy…like the liberals they are copying it’s all about silencing dissent by any means necessary.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxUWlVpWwA8XsvY.jpg
Russian fuckery at work in Kosovo.

The "They dun stole our 'lection!!" theme seems familiar.
View Quote

It is,kinda…. In GA Trump surrogates told people not to vote in the runoffs for the Senate seats, enabling the Dems to pick up both. Vukic told Serbs not to vote in the elections so the non-Serbs won everything.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Put more Polish NATO troops in there and let them fight back.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxUk8_eWwAk7-3_?format=jpg&name=large

Put more Polish NATO troops in there and let them fight back.

Send some commandos as well to separate their leaders from the herd and bring them in.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

I've made the argument that Zelenskyy is a Slavic Donald Trump.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By thehun06:

He is a centrist ...

I've made the argument that Zelenskyy is a Slavic Donald Trump.

Zelenskyy was what Trump tried and failed to be.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been wondering what Burt Rutan has been up to lately.
Those UAV's appearing to be flying backwards have his design signature all over them.

Laminar flow wing, long skinny canard on the nose..
Welcome to the party Burt !
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Zelenskyy was what Trump tried and failed to be.
View Quote

More like Reagan given his background before politics.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:

That's a revisionist viewpoint that I've seen heavily pushed by Russians in recent years. Its part of their IO campaign narrative that the USSR entirely won WW2 all by themselves, without any assistance from Allies and also that lend-lease was inconsequential.
View Quote
Ditto, and they use the claim that more Germans died in the east than the west as proof. Nevermind that there were a lot more German POWs in the western AO which resulted in more German losses than in the east.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Things have gotten quiet lately in here.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Put them on trailers and drive to within range and have fun. Hell you probably convert some M113 mortar carriers to do the job. Then  again just for the troll I would have Stukas doing runs on trenches.
View Quote

Not to be argumentative, but at this point, I would say have all of that stuff hit moscow. The doodle-bug bombs, the screaming dive bombers, all at the same time. Maybe the powerful people there would decide putin had opened the gates of hell or something and it was past time to put a stop to this.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Have we done this one? Heckuva shot, is that a through-and-through of a tank??? Will not buff out.

View Quote

Did anybody else see that? The tracks in the dirt were clearly visible, the 2 tracks in the ground the tank was making. When the tank got hit those tracks became white and it was like smoke from the tank went shooting down those tracks in the dirt, then it dispersed. That was bizarre.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

calm before the storm?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

calm before the storm?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:55:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Did anybody else see that? The tracks in the dirt were clearly visible, the 2 tracks in the ground the tank was making. When the tank got hit those tracks became white and it was like smoke from the tank went shooting down those tracks in the dirt, then it dispersed. That was bizarre.
View All Quotes
Have we done this one? Heckuva shot, is that a through-and-through of a tank??? Will not buff out.

Was that a DU hit?
Any of the knowledgeable here explain?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Some Russian TG, so when you see this in GD you know where it came from.

"They provoke us to mirror actions. Let's see what to do with it"

Vladimir Putin on the morning drone attack on Moscow:

- The Moscow air defense system worked normally, satisfactorily, although there is something to work on;
- Ukraine is trying to intimidate Russian citizens - this is a sign of terrorist activity;
- Now we have reached the drone strikes, this is the way of intimidation;
- Citizens of Ukraine now do not have a word, because real terror is unleashed there;
“We didn’t unleash this war;
- The territory called Ukraine was controlled by people led by the West;
- Competition between the Russian Federation and Ukraine after the collapse of the USSR was inevitable, but it was assumed that it would go in a civilized way;
- In 2014, the West carried out a coup in Ukraine and began to destroy everyone who could build normal relations with Russia;
- From the very beginning, from the first step, Ukraine called itself a neutral state, but gradually embarked on the path of NATO, which is hostile to Russia;
- NATO deceived Russia, promising not to expand to the east, in addition, tried to attract Ukraine;
- The RF Armed Forces strike at the territory of Ukraine, but with high-precision weapons and at military facilities;

— Russia struck at the military intelligence headquarters of Ukraine.

😋 Follow Mash

https://t.me/breakingmash/44510

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Good stuff.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

If only I could figure out a construct for the acronym DERP to describe their lack of accurate assessment of reality

I'll be honest, I stood in my garage for a good 5 min staring at my phone trying to shoehorn DURR into one but I felt the moment passed before creativity struck

Demonstrate Utterly Retarded Responses
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#22]
On the way home yesterday I fell asleep in the van.  Found out later someone was on the Mississippi bridge holding a cross and a Soviet flag.

God damn was my family lucky they didn't seem my go apeshit over that.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By stgdz:
On the way home yesterday I fell asleep in the van.  Found out later someone was on the Mississippi bridge holding a cross and a Soviet flag.

God damn was my family lucky they didn't seem my go apeshit over that.
View Quote
Hope there was a call for a mentally ill person on the bridge.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Since all of the pictures/video we've seen so far looks like small, short range equipment (and likely no warheads), it can be inferred that either:

(a) Ukraine managed to smuggle an entire suite of systems, launchers, etc. deep into Russia without being detected and presumably managed to exfil undetected. Or,
(b) This is a false flag operation with cheap Chinese drones purchased by the FSB and launched at civilian targets to drum up support for the war.

I know which option I think it is.
View Quote

Or it was a russian organization performed by russians in russia who is against the putin government.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Russians still don’t know whether they’re allowed to say “Wagner” on TV, and are treating this like a test case.

Suddenly, but in a report on May 21, Channel One did not blur, or remove the phrase PMC "Wagner".

The interview is given by the commander of the 1st assault detachment, Ratibor, who has already become quite famous. Hero of Russia, Hero of the LPR and DPR, holder of four Orders of Courage, as well as three medals "For Courage".

To the two captures of Palmyra, Ratibor's "penny" added the capture of Bakhmut.
Ratibor also presented Wagner gold coins to two fighters who especially distinguished themselves during the assault.
The commander of the detachment himself, following the results of the operation, will clearly be awarded another high state award.

https://t.me/ok_spn/24883
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

A fucking H&K G36  magazine? Really?

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#27]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxXdKOEWAAAcV27?format=png&name=large
View Quote

The distilled essence of Russian thinking:
It isn't fair. You aren't following the rules. We are supposed to bomb and burn and kill you. You aren't supposed to come into Russia and do it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By belted_guns:

Was that a DU hit?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By belted_guns:

Was that a DU hit?

No, you can see the ATGM coming in from the upper right. That's the HEAT jet blowing into and out of the tank
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Prime:

THIS is why I’m skeptical of the false flag. Though it’s not totally inconceivable that Russian leadership just orchestrated all of that, “Ukrainian” does not necessarily include “pro-Ukrainian affiliates”.

@AROKIE’s question about Ukrainian Shaheds last night got me thinking about all the different prototypes we’ve seen in the last year. Hell, there’s a unit listed as “Flight Club” west of Savatove

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxXEl6eX0AE5smH?format=jpg&name=large

I could see someone crowdfunding this, especially after the deniability of having a purported separatist group in western Russia.

View Quote

After seeing that poster, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you in understanding how or why this played out the way it did.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Again the reason I did not trust or believe the information in those leaks was real.

That would be dumb even for them.
If we assume the leaks date to prior to Patriot, SAMPT, and most NASAMS, it would really only apply to Soviet gear like S300 and BUK.  They're perfectly aware that western systems are present in numbers now, but they're still flinging LR PGMs like it was the start of the war.
I think it's either a political demand (from Putin) to show results against western systems, or they're desperate enough to use anything and everything while it can do them some good.

See the leaked document below, it mentions Patriot lol.  Also says the systems cannot be "layered"  It is pure disinformation in my opinion to lure the Russians to waste precious missile resources.

Anyone worried about their clearance, please don't click the link.

Click To View Spoiler

From reading through it may mean that western SAMs can't be layered with Soviet SAMs.
I know we were supposed to be working on that solution and it may be mentioned in the paper as "FrankenSAM."

lol, just one more strike and we'll have the Ukrainians on the ropes!!  
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:55:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: belted_guns] [#31]
Originally Posted By mcantu:

No, you can see the ATGM coming in from the upper right. That's the HEAT jet blowing into and out of the tank
View Quote

Wow, thanks.
On a related note, was watching Fury last night and the panzefaust(sp) kill was graphic.
Well, the whole final fight was intense.  F@@king nazis.
Good movie.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

They probably thought it looked cool.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

The white in the tanks tracks was dust being blown out from the the tracks in the dirt due to the concussion of the hit.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

August 6 - Hiroshima
August 7 - Russia declares war on Japan
August 9 - Nagasaki
August 9 - Red Army offensive in Manchuria surprises Japan who thought they needed rail
August 10-14 Japan suffers numerous defeats in Manchuria as soviets rapidly advance
August 15 - Japan surrenders

The realization that they would not be able to hold on to their colonies in Asia factored at least as much into the Japanese surrender as the bombs.

By that point in the war they knew they were going to lose but had been holding out for a negotiated peace that left them in control of some of their conquered territory.

The Russian success in Manchuria took that off the table and added to the atomic bombs meant there was little left to negotiate for in the face of large ongoing losses

There were other factors, such as the near-total isolation of Japan by US Submarines, the Appearance of the British Pacific fleet and it's rapid success in shutting down what was left of the Japanese Navy in the East Indies and the Malay Islands, Lack of fuel for naval operations, the destruction of the remaining Japanese carriers in the Philippines, as well as the destruction of many of the elite units of the Japanese Army in the Philippines, and the loss of Iwo Jima and Okinawa all factored in as well.  The point was that the Japanese were on the ropes and caught in a doom loop of cascading failure.  The Soviets were, in many ways, taking advantage of the fact that the Japanese had been using the Manchurian forces as a bill-payer for operations deeper in China, and the Indian Army had done a masterful job of grinding up a lot of the best Japanese forces in Burma by summer of 1945.  I just didn't think it was the time/place for a dissertation on the collapse of the Japanese strategic position during the Sprong/Summer of 1945!
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Reloads!

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:08:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#36]
An example of a single radar and it's imperfect detection capabilities.   Useful to understand SAM coverage is not a solid wall of 400km detection as insinuated by Russian S-400 crews.

Okay, now get a whole network of various radars and have them be able to talk to each other to provide much more coverage and fill in those gaps at the lower altitudes.  That is the advantage of a data linked network.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:32:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#39]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Until it goes 10 pages in 4 hours.

Patience grasshopper.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Reloads!

View Quote

I thought stingers were no longer in production and big army was pushing for a new updated manpads.

In all honesty seeing how stingers perform I don't buy it.  Granted the design could use some updating for new components but a complete and total redesign isn't necessary.  But revalidations would be necessary and I can see that's where they can argue if we are doing val testing we may as well get a new design.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:55:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroEngineer] [#42]
Reloads!

View Quote

Gonna be some angry posters in GD!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Since all of the pictures/video we've seen so far looks like small, short range equipment (and likely no warheads), it can be inferred that either:

(a) Ukraine managed to smuggle an entire suite of systems, launchers, etc. deep into Russia without being detected and presumably managed to exfil undetected. Or,
(b) This is a false flag operation with cheap Chinese drones purchased by the FSB and launched at civilian targets to drum up support for the war.

I know which option I think it is.
View Quote

It sounds like it was being done by the anti-Putin opposition group made up of Russians and operating inside Russia. Supposedly they did some assassinations too? The Dugin car bomb?

I'd sooner believe a Russian/FSB false flag OP to an actual GUR Ukrainian OP. It's too amateurish to be UA and targeting apartment buildings etc is stupid. They would have attacked oil/gas infrastructure on an airbase.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:02:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#44]
View Quote

I’ve been looking for that on Twitter, thanks.

Rough stuff.

RU TG narrative

Footage of the battle, which was filmed through a copter in the DPR.

The Ukrainian military are trying to take our trenches, trying to take the trench with two servicemen, they come up point blank. After that, our machine gunner cuts them off, and the soldiers in the trench finish them off with a grenade, despite the fact that they themselves are wounded.

@ok_spn

https://t.me/ok_spn/24885
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Very happy to see Italy stepping up. It was a legitimate fear they were going to lean pro Kremlin in their recent election. Glad those fears didn't come to reality.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Perhaps I am losing track, but don't these guys want to join NATO as well??

View Quote

I think they have been infiltrated and subverted by Russia. And/or pacifist elements have taken to politics and assume (like all the rest of the idiot experts around the globe) that fighting Russia is hopeless and suicidal. So they have politicians that are either terrified of Russia or actually paid agents of Russia.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#48]
"ATESH" movement continues to conduct reconnaissance in Crimea

Our agent reports the presence of "dragon's teeth" and trenches near the village of Medvedevka, in front of Chongar.
We know many places of fortifications in the occupied territories, our intelligence works tirelessly. Soon we will be able to share new information... We are not only observing, but also working on the fortifications, so we know a lot 😉

No matter how many of them are built, in the hour "H" all the fortifications will be destroyed, "ATESH" promises!

https://t.me/atesh_ua/908

❗️Rashists leave their positions

An "ATESH" agent in the ranks of the RF Armed Forces reports that his unit is leaving the village of Samsonovo, Novoazovsky district, Donetsk region. The place of transfer is still unknown, presumably to the Zaporozhye region.

All this is accompanied by massive looting. The invaders take out everything they can from the houses, leaving only bare walls. Officers and higher authorities all this only encourages.

The well-known scorched earth tactics are used. They don't work like that on their own land. They probably know that they won't stay there for long...

https://t.me/atesh_ua/910

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:13:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#49]

I think they have been infiltrated and subverted by Russia. And/or pacifist elements have taken to politics and assume (like all the rest of the idiot experts around the globe) that fighting Russia is hopeless and suicidal. So they have politicians that are either terrified of Russia or actually paid agents of Russia.
View Quote

Yeah, that’s an OLD problem.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Reloads!

View Quote

I wonder when we're going to see Patriot missile canisters rigged up to S-300 TELs. That would make some eyes go cross.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4132 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top