Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4135 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Another Lol
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
Who cares if it is loud. Bombing the Russians with a modern reincarnation of the V1?

https://i.imgur.com/56BPxhr.gif

View Quote

Imagine knowing a V1 is overhead and not being afraid.... until it stops buzzing.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
These can be had for under 100 bucks. Looks handy for checking buildings.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Another Lol
View Quote

lol, I like him, he was on a rant yesterday about cheap drones.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Well, if they do that, it will have some serious 2nd- and 3rd Order negative effects for the REST of the Russian economy.  I'm not sure how long Russia can sustain a total mobilization, but it is not a long time.
View Quote
It's exactly why Zelensky didn't fully mobilize until the invasion started. If I was Putin, and Ukraine fully mobilized say Dec 2021, I would have delayed invasion as their economy tanked without costing me anything.

Thats why I don't take seriously the criticism of Zelensky for his prewar preparations. I think what he knew and what he said were two different things. That's fine, and in hindsight, it seems he took the right path pre invasion.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Atsabadaboom

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Another Lol
View Quote

Lol@ditching the F-35.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
It's exactly why Zelensky didn't fully mobilize until the invasion started. If I was Putin, and Ukraine fully mobilized say Dec 2021, I would have delayed invasion as their economy tanked without costing me anything.

Thats why I don't take seriously the criticism of Zelensky for his prewar preparations. I think what he knew and what he said were two different things. That's fine, and in hindsight, it seems he took the right path pre invasion.
View Quote

Wasn't there quite a long period of Russian "maneuvers" and "Exercises" prior to the start of the operation?  This thread started in October of 2021.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Warmate HUD footage.

View Quote

Must have missed. .vid conveniently ended before the hit
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Wasn't there quite a long period of Russian "maneuvers" and "Exercises" prior to the start of the operation?  This thread started in October of 2021.
View Quote
If I remember right, it was roughly April of 2021 when the first reports of a build up was happening. There was the other thread that was started and moved to the Mil forum.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:38:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#13]
《Information on civil protection (J-ALERT)》
missile launch. missile launch. The missile is believed to have been launched from North Korea. Evacuate inside a building or underground.
[Target area]
Okinawa Prefecture

Seoul

I got a text this morning telling me to prepare for evacuation ,,

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Yeah, the targeting doesn't make sense for it to be UA. If they could get that deep inside Russia undetected, they'd be far better off going to where the long range bomber bases are and take out a few. The amateurish nature points me to think false flag op. It could have been opposition Russians tipping their hand and announcing they exist in a very public way. Not enough information to know one way or the other.
View Quote

Can you imagine the chaos in all the various situation type facilities around the world.

“Who just did that!”

It would be grand if it was a grassroots droning by Russians.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Arfcom under attack?? It's acting strange
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#16]
If I remember right, it was roughly April of 2021 when the first reports of a build up was happening. There was the other thread that was started and moved to the Mil forum.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I believe it was February/March. We were watching the news about it then, and I am glad to not be in Berdyansk now. That would have been a bad situation for us. A lot of people there weren't really concerned about it either. COVID was the pain in the ass then.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:47:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#17]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Lol@ditching the F-35.
View All Quotes
Another Lol

Lol@ditching the F-35.

He is making fun of others that think toy drones will defeat higher priced weapons.  I recommend following him if you want the latest updates on the defense industry.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

There was a similar mobilization at the border a year prior. Eventually most of the Russian soldiers pulled back. Some folks theorized that the previous mobilization was practice, working out the bugs and checking routes and reactions. Also giving Ukraine and the world the illusion of "they are playing again, they wont invade"...

I remember the early days of this thread when we were debating whether or not Russia would invade. I remember when I heard about the RU blood banks being set up near the border, I thought it was 50:50. I also remember the Olympics in China and the look on Putin's face when the Ukrainian athletes came out. It gave me an uneasy feeling. Some of us were saying that IF Russia invades, it will be after the Olympics in deference to Xi. Many thousands of innocent (and evil) people were still alive then.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Almost certainly, but it's a stupid concern at this point, IMO. The Donbas had already been a warzone for eight years before the invasion in February 2022, and since then, both sides have been launching copious amounts of artillery and mortar rounds at each other. There's already going to be large problems with UXO, and the Russians and to a much lesser extent the Ukrainians are already using cluster munitions. The need to stack Russians like cordwood outweighs UXO concerns at this point. Ukraine wants them, and we've got a ton that we're just waiting to destroy. Sending them DPICM would also conserve more of our stocks of regular artillery ammo and give us time to really crank production there up into the next gear. It's a no brainer.
View Quote

No it’s more important for the US to pay a contractor to demilitarize them. More important than their original purpose to kill soviet hordes. Preference will be give to women and minority owned businesses.

SEND THEM! Sheesh.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
Warmate HUD footage.

When you are shooting at targets that are far away, you can lose the video signal when the weapon dives down and more terrain/foliage starts blocking it.

A real weapon like that polish loitering munition will have image recognition and autopilot to guide itself the rest of the way to the aimpoint the operator sets before the signal is lost.

This is probably why we don't see alot of switch blade 600 videos.  They would have to film the terminal impact with a second drone watching from a distance.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Linked article has a good discussion of the Abrams M1A1SA being sent to Ukraine in totally refurbished condition (like new). 200 crews and 200 support personnel being trained in Germany right now. So potential to field 50 tanks rather than the 31 indicated.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I think Zelensky figured it was yet another russian border bluff. Ukraine can't mobilize everytime russia pulls this. But this time our intelligence told them it was not a bluff. When I saw russia putting up medical areas I figured it was for real. Zelensky went out in public doing normal recreational stuff to show there was nothing to worry about. In some ways it worked out better. As the military was not formed up, there were no troop concentrations to hit. it became little groups running around with a pile of anti-tank missiles just nailing stuff all over the place like they were hunting groundhogs.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Some excellent points, this will be something that develops over years, but interesting to see BAE open an office and be interested.  I'm sure others will come as well for the new market.

More info.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
BAE getting a plant in Ukraine.

Obtaining EU membership will require they break up a lot of state owned corporations. Their whole defense industry is state owned, the center of corruption in Ukraine, and a hotbed of support for Russia. IMO the smart move is for Ukraine to sell their defense industry to foreign operators, with mandates and incentives to keep production and design in Ukraine. BAE would quench most of the corruption in whichever operation they bought and would have cheap labor, and for political reasons it’s likely that western nations will allow Ukrainian manufacture of parts as support for rebuilding even if they would otherwise insist the parts be made in their own nation.

Some excellent points, this will be something that develops over years, but interesting to see BAE open an office and be interested.  I'm sure others will come as well for the new market.

More info.

I did not see that coming, but the Challenger II, if they can build/assemble most of the components domestically,  would actually be an excellent choice for the Ukrainian Army.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By woozman:

Idk. He might want to clarify his position because there are many here including myself who have voted for him in the past but are pretty concerned given some of his comments about where exactly he stands on Ukraine.
View Quote

Don Junior and other Trump surrogates like Tucker and Ted Nugent constantly bleat out and anti Ukraine narrative. I voted for Trump twice but I’m going to have a hard time supporting him if he doesn’t take a more anti Russian fascist position.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Failed launch.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Yes, absolutely. I'm of the opinion that DPICM would be far more of a Wunderwaffen than pretty much anything else we could send them. They would certainly impact the war more than 31 Abrams or even 100 Bradleys. They would be extremely useful for stopping Russian assaults dead in their tracks, suppressing objectives while Ukrainian armor advances, etc. Unfortunately, I doubt they're going to get them, almost exclusively due to political reasons. The Biden Administration likely doesn't want to send them due to UXO concerns, and if they did send them, I have no doubt that many on the right would jump at the opportunity to label Biden a baby killer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xd675:
Originally Posted By Prime:
I don’t agree with this, but here it is.

If they actually do go ahead with full scale mobilization, that should be all the justification needed to send massive quantities of DPICMs. Russian escalation should be met with escalation on our end. Plus, if the Russians go full retard like this, the Ukrainians are going to need to kill a lot of shit very quickly across the front.

We should have been sending DPICM ages ago.  There are literally hundreds of tons of cluster munitions in storage waiting for us to pay to destroy them.  Spend a bit of the cash destroying them to ship them to Ukraine.  It would likely save us a bunch of cash.

Yes, absolutely. I'm of the opinion that DPICM would be far more of a Wunderwaffen than pretty much anything else we could send them. They would certainly impact the war more than 31 Abrams or even 100 Bradleys. They would be extremely useful for stopping Russian assaults dead in their tracks, suppressing objectives while Ukrainian armor advances, etc. Unfortunately, I doubt they're going to get them, almost exclusively due to political reasons. The Biden Administration likely doesn't want to send them due to UXO concerns, and if they did send them, I have no doubt that many on the right would jump at the opportunity to label Biden a baby killer.

All of the contested areas are already covered in mines and boobytraps.  I’m fairly certain UXO is all over already too that will need cleaned up before rebuilding.  Beyond dumb to not send it but I suspect some family member is negotiating the demil contract right now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#28]

More info.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
BAE getting a plant in Ukraine.

Obtaining EU membership will require they break up a lot of state owned corporations. Their whole defense industry is state owned, the center of corruption in Ukraine, and a hotbed of support for Russia. IMO the smart move is for Ukraine to sell their defense industry to foreign operators, with mandates and incentives to keep production and design in Ukraine. BAE would quench most of the corruption in whichever operation they bought and would have cheap labor, and for political reasons it’s likely that western nations will allow Ukrainian manufacture of parts as support for rebuilding even if they would otherwise insist the parts be made in their own nation.

More info.

It would seem to me that the prudent thing to do is wait for the war with Russia to end first. As long as the west can continue providing these tools, Russia is at a disadvantage if they strike the western factories making the stuff. Factories in Ukraine would be targeted at will.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Failed launch.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Get bof. And the loyal wingman.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Russian source said 100 Shahed drones launched.

View Quote

Gotta say we need to be looking at ways to exact a cost from Iran.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

That’s a good point that since Patriot has knocked back the Russian CAP from Kiev, Ukrainian fighters likely have free reign around the capital right now.  Should be some good video coming out of this.  Maybe even some gun kills.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#33]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/simpsons_nelson_haha2-36.jpg
View All Quotes
Failed launch.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/simpsons_nelson_haha2-36.jpg

Still waiting for clarification on this.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

RIP Heroes.
View All Quotes
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxSLcGyWIAAoDN_?format=png&name=large

RIP Heroes.

Americans who know what being an American is all about.  Hats off to these men.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:33:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#35]

Blatant morale bombing.   Its all they have left.   They desperately need the Ukrainian people to give up before their counteroffensive makes Russian military prospects on the ground look even worse.
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxVmDYHWcAIyeyp?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxVytfHXoAIHBzO?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Blatant morale bombing.   Its all they have left.   They desperately need the Ukrainian people to give up before their counteroffensive makes Russian military prospects on the ground look even worse.

Terror bombing has never worked.  It only hardens civilian morale and in this case it only hardens the west’s will to support Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Oh yeah, looking good.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#37]

I think once the war is won, Ukraine will owe Sen Graham a rather large bronze statue in Kiev.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

LoL 😂 absolutely!

In fact we need a pyramid of drones from the cheap anti-personnel, shirt range drones by the thousands to medium range anti-tank/fortification, and relatively cheap long range 1000+km, but smaller than a cruise missile, for attacking air defense, communications, parked aircraft, and Putin’s dacha 🤣
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Oh yeah, looking good.

View Quote

Contracted Russian maintenance? 🤣
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Moscow drone attack was like ‘a horror film’
Raid on the capital shocked residents nearby. But will it change Russians’ views of the Ukraine war?

https://www.politico.eu/article/moscow-drone-attack-it-was-like-a-horror-film-putin-russia-ukraine-war-strike-explosion-kyiv/

Fifteen months into a war launched by their government against Ukraine, some Muscovites early morning on Tuesday for the first time woke up to explosions.

“It was like the sound of a short thunder strike,” a man called Andrei, who lives opposite one of the buildings which suffered damage, told the TV-channel Dozhd, an independent station working from exile in the Netherlands.

“For a moment it’s like you’re in a horror film, I ran to my relatives and yelled at them to get away from the window.”

He said the incident had left those living in his area feeling “shocked and confused.”

Although not entirely unexpected — Russian regions bordering Ukraine such as Belgorod suffer almost daily strikes, and an incident in early May in which two drones flew onto the Kremlin compound set the stage for further incursions — the drone raid marks a landmark moment as the biggest strike against Moscow since the beginning of the war.

Dmitry Oreshkin, an independent political analyst, said it heralded the end of a phase of complacency, in which Russians accept the war as something that does not threaten their own lives.

“The war is breaking into people’s minds and forcing itself to be talked about. That’s a bad sign for Putin,” he told Dozhd. “It is not as much a strike on Moscow as a strike on Russians’ minds.”

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Capta:

I think once the war is won, Ukraine will owe Sen Graham a rather large bronze statue in Kiev.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

And hopefully a pissing post in the figure of Biden.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:57:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

"What air defence doing?"

Life/Memes. What's the difference lol
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#46]

They call it the "Dolly Parton" or "May Mae West" for the old timers?
View Quote

A real old-timer just corrected the spelling of her name for you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Dollar store mathematician doing the firing solution again?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#49]
I had the most deranged conversation with a Russian friend today.  Admittedly one always given to conspiracy theories; but the new theme being sold is the Ukrainians, and West generally, are satanists, complete with satanic temples in Ukraine, etc.  Western mercenaries are paying to hunt and kill Russians like safari animals and Sen. Graham's edited speech was featured prominently.  It was pretty
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:36:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2A373] [#50]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

I think its misdirection.

Ukraine inherited 120 Su-24s from the Soviet breakup. At the time of the 2014 invasion, they had about a dozen flyable. Two were claimed shot down. In 2019, they had also kicked off a rebuild/modernization program. When the 2022 invasion kicked off, they still, reportedly, had about a dozen flyable. The claims so far are 16 shot down and 6 destroyed on the ground. Obviously they had a few more flying than reported.

There's right around 90 Su-24 in these photos. I think the doubles and triples are probably unflyable parts-donor aircraft. The ones stacked on top of each other definitely aren't flying.

Starokonstantinov

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/Ukraine1_JPG-2833375.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/Ukraine2_JPG-2833376.JPG

Bila Tserkva
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/Ukraine3_JPG-2833377.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/Ukraine4_jpg-2833381.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/Ukraine5_JPG-2833383.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Very unfortunate. I guess the Russians got lucky? Falling debris or one of the Shitheads snuck through?

No other details, but this Russian report is all I have at the moment, and he has posted stuff that is very incorrect at times.

Don't know when the satellite photo was taken, but I would not be keeping the Su-24's packed together in revetments like that.

About the strike on the airfield near Starokonstantinov, Khmelnitsky region

The targets of today's nightly massive strike were many objects of the Ukrainian Air Force . At the moment, confirming data have been received about the hit of two cruise missiles and several attack drones "Geran-2" on the airfield near the town of Starokonstantinov.

Coordinates: 49.746721, 27.268683

According to reports, as a result of the strike, two Su-24M fighters, a maintenance hangar and a fuel depot were damaged / destroyed, and damage to the runway was also reported.

In addition, local residents report a strong fire at the airfield, which is still accompanied by smoldering fuel and lubricants, as well as multiple explosions that sounded after the impact

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxTENXAX0AAS9vK?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

I think its misdirection.

Ukraine inherited 120 Su-24s from the Soviet breakup. At the time of the 2014 invasion, they had about a dozen flyable. Two were claimed shot down. In 2019, they had also kicked off a rebuild/modernization program. When the 2022 invasion kicked off, they still, reportedly, had about a dozen flyable. The claims so far are 16 shot down and 6 destroyed on the ground. Obviously they had a few more flying than reported.

There's right around 90 Su-24 in these photos. I think the doubles and triples are probably unflyable parts-donor aircraft. The ones stacked on top of each other definitely aren't flying.

Starokonstantinov

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/Ukraine1_JPG-2833375.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/Ukraine2_JPG-2833376.JPG

Bila Tserkva
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/Ukraine3_JPG-2833377.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/Ukraine4_jpg-2833381.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/Ukraine5_JPG-2833383.JPG

All those that are doubled and triple packed to a spot are definitely not operational airframes. Operational aircraft do not get parked like that even in peace time. You need room around them so you can service and maintained them.

Look close in this picture and you will see at least 24 places where operational aircraft would be parked.

Attachment Attached File

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4135 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top