Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4136 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 2A373:

All those that are doubled and triple packed to a spot are definitely not operational airframes. Operational aircraft do not get parked like that even in peace time. You need room around them so you service and maintained them.

Look close in this picture and you will see at least 24 places where operational aircraft would be parked.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54089/Ukraine2_JPG-2833376_jpg-2834884.JPG
View Quote

Still don't know why they would be parked like that. At a minimum they just lost a lot of spare parts that could be used to keep the operational planes flying.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Dollar store mathematician doing the firing solution again?
View Quote

When I was in an artillery regiment I wasn’t good at math so they put me in the engineering section
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
I had the most deranged conversation with a Russian friend today.  Admittedly one always given to conspiracy theories; but the new theme being sold is the Ukrainians, and West generally, are satanists, complete with satanic temples in Ukraine, etc.  Western mercenaries are paying to hunt and kill Russians like safari animals and Sen. Graham's edited speech was featured prominently.  It was pretty
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

Still don't know why they would be parked like that. At a minimum they just lost a lot of spare parts that could be used to keep the operational planes flying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

All those that are doubled and triple packed to a spot are definitely not operational airframes. Operational aircraft do not get parked like that even in peace time. You need room around them so you service and maintained them.

Look close in this picture and you will see at least 24 places where operational aircraft would be parked.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54089/Ukraine2_JPG-2833376_jpg-2834884.JPG

Look at the different pictures posted by myself and AlmightyTallest of the same area. They are moving airframes around, probably to confuse the overheads. There's no guarantee that the few parked on the tarmac are actually flyable.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

"The Russian propagandist Solovyov seems to be upset that the majority of Russians were glad that the drone strike on Moscow today targeted homes of high-ranking officials and upper-class cronies that live inf the exclusive suburb of Rublyovka."

Yeah. The people who launched the drones knew exactly what they were doing.
View Quote

Now we know where dissidents will continue to target… lol
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Little Kimmies missile came up flaccid. I hear they got pills for that now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Little Kimmies missile came up flaccid. I hear they got pills for that now.
https://i.imgflip.com/1negqu.jpg
View Quote

Another "No Dong"?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Is UXO the concern with DPICM?
View Quote

Yes, but it's probably less of a concern than being occupied/overrun by orcs.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I had the most deranged conversation with a Russian friend today.  Admittedly one always given to conspiracy theories; but the new theme being sold is the Ukrainians, and West generally, are satanists, complete with satanic temples in Ukraine, etc.  Western mercenaries are paying to hunt and kill Russians like safari animals and Sen. Graham's edited speech was featured prominently.  It was pretty
View Quote

LOL,

The "Westworld" of Eastern Europe!
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#11]

All those that are doubled and triple packed to a spot are definitely not operational airframes. Operational aircraft do not get parked like that even in peace time. You need room around them so you can service and maintained them.

View Quote

Does Russia have a dedicated HAS/PAS munition, let alone one that can be employed accurately?

It amazes me the air bases are in the shape they are in, all over the country.

I assume day 1, we would hammer them no?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

Is UXO the concern with DPICM?

Agree completely, this checks the box on "break glass" IMO. If not employed now, when?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Pull up Starokostiantyniv Air Base on Google maps and look around. There isn't a lot of open space to park a bunch of SU-24s spaced far apart without them being in way during flight operations.

Now consider how even a near miss on an open concrete aircraft parking ramp is going to send shrapnel a long distance and damage aircraft vs putting 2 -3 aircraft into a single aircraft revetment where it would take a direct hit to the revetment or a close one directly in front of it to damage the aircraft inside.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:30:43 PM EDT
[#14]

"The Russian propagandist Solovyov seems to be upset that the majority of Russians were glad that the drone strike on Moscow today targeted homes of high-ranking officials and upper-class cronies that live inf the exclusive suburb of Rublyovka."

Yeah. The people who launched the drones knew exactly what they were doing.
View Quote

On the other hand, the leaders say the drone attacks were a good thing, because it rallies the people.
Russian expert says drones in Moscow are a good thing
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#15]

I think Zelensky figured it was yet another russian border bluff. Ukraine can't mobilize everytime russia pulls this. But this time our intelligence told them it was not a bluff. When I saw russia putting up medical areas I figured it was for real. Zelensky went out in public doing normal recreational stuff to show there was nothing to worry about. In some ways it worked out better. As the military was not formed up, there were no troop concentrations to hit. it became little groups running around with a pile of anti-tank missiles just nailing stuff all over the place like they were hunting groundhogs.
View Quote
Yup, in hindsight I don't think any different path he took pre invasion would have worked out better (or possibly even the same).

He could have enacted mobilization, and probably a large % of Ukrainians would have been angry at him.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#16]
1420 video asking what people think about the attacks on Belgorod. LOL at people saying "nyet, I wouldn't go defend Belgorod."  I live in Moscow, I won't be affected here, fuck Belgorod.

Russians: about attacks on Belgorod
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
Coming soon to a GD near you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxaebvgXwAMynhR?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

The is the BEST quote I’ve seen!!  Fantastic. Thank you for finding that.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Does Russia have a dedicated HAS/PAS munition, let alone one that can be employed accurately?

View All Quotes

All those that are doubled and triple packed to a spot are definitely not operational airframes. Operational aircraft do not get parked like that even in peace time. You need room around them so you can service and maintained them.

The airfields are smaller than a city so a real challenge for Russia to hit!
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Yes, absolutely. I'm of the opinion that DPICM would be far more of a Wunderwaffen than pretty much anything else we could send them. They would certainly impact the war more than 31 Abrams or even 100 Bradleys. They would be extremely useful for stopping Russian assaults dead in their tracks, suppressing objectives while Ukrainian armor advances, etc. Unfortunately, I doubt they're going to get them, almost exclusively due to political reasons. The Biden Administration likely doesn't want to send them due to UXO concerns, and if they did send them, I have no doubt that many on the right would jump at the opportunity to label Biden a baby killer.
View Quote

I really disagree.

The dud rate aside, DPICM is a cluster of grenades that cover a wide area.  
Its excellent if you have a soft target, like a firing battery of artillery, and you want to drop a lot of grenades on them in one blast. Or alot of troops in the open.  But thats the least of the Ukrainian's concerns.
Its also excellent if you have an airplane going very fast and very low and see a large convoy of trucks or soft targets.  Pickle off one canister and it covers a lot of area.  But that's not really the situation the Ukrainians are in.

I would assume that Russian artillery isn't responsive and the Ukrainians will stay buttoned up and mounted. The primary targets will be C2, ATGMs, and armor.  The Ukrainaisn want to protect their queen, the tanks, and the biggest threats arent the sorts of things DPICM is good at killing.  Those threats are point targets that will be dug in, and need a smart munition and a lot of HE on a single point, not a scattering of grenade-like munitions.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

I really disagree.

Its excellent if you have a soft target, like a firing battery of artillery, and you want to drop a lot of grenades on them in one blast. Or alot of troops in the open.  But thats the least of the Ukrainian's concerns.
Its also excellent if you have an airplane going very fast and very low and see a large convoy of trucks or soft targets.  Pickle off one canister and it covers a lot of area.  But that's not really the situation the Ukrainians are in.

I would assume that Russian artillery isn't responsive and the Ukrainians will stay buttoned up and mounted. The primary targets will be C2, ATGMs, and armor.  The Ukrainaisn want to protect their queen, the tanks, and the biggest threats arent the sorts of things DPICM is good at killing.  Those threats are point targets that will be dug in, and need a smart munition and a lot of HE on a single point, not a scattering of grenade-like munitions.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CharlieR:
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Yes, absolutely. I'm of the opinion that DPICM would be far more of a Wunderwaffen than pretty much anything else we could send them. They would certainly impact the war more than 31 Abrams or even 100 Bradleys. They would be extremely useful for stopping Russian assaults dead in their tracks, suppressing objectives while Ukrainian armor advances, etc. Unfortunately, I doubt they're going to get them, almost exclusively due to political reasons. The Biden Administration likely doesn't want to send them due to UXO concerns, and if they did send them, I have no doubt that many on the right would jump at the opportunity to label Biden a baby killer.

I really disagree.

Interesting. Thanks for the perspective.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Video in tweet.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#24]

He is making fun of others that think toy drones will defeat higher priced weapons.  I recommend following him if you want the latest updates on the defense industry.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Another Lol

Lol@ditching the F-35.

He is making fun of others that think toy drones will defeat higher priced weapons.  I recommend following him if you want the latest updates on the defense industry.

Lol ya I see that..
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Linked article has a good discussion of the Abrams M1A1SA being sent to Ukraine in totally refurbished condition (like new). 200 crews and 200 support personnel being trained in Germany right now. So potential to field 50 tanks rather than the 31 indicated.
View Quote

I believe they will only still get 31 M1A1 tanks, they always train more because crews will be swapped out from time to time.. people need rest breaks tanks do not lol
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Nearly all of the Switchblade 300 footage I've seen cuts out before impact but almist certainly must have hit due to the speed/angle. Fot whatever reason the jury rigged attack drones see to cut out a bit nearer to target.
I explained to my self that the local improvised stuff needs to make contact with the target to detonate (you can see the almost litteral coat hanger poking out of the front to make contact) while the others have a poximaty fuse/stand off trigger. I know fuck all about anything drone realted but just the occams razor explanation for me.      
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Warmate HUD footage.

Must have missed. .vid conveniently ended before the hit

When you are shooting at targets that are far away, you can lose the video signal when the weapon dives down and more terrain/foliage starts blocking it.

A real weapon like that polish loitering munition will have image recognition and autopilot to guide itself the rest of the way to the aimpoint the operator sets before the signal is lost.

This is probably why we don't see alot of switch blade 600 videos.  They would have to film the terminal impact with a second drone watching from a distance.

Nearly all of the Switchblade 300 footage I've seen cuts out before impact but almist certainly must have hit due to the speed/angle. Fot whatever reason the jury rigged attack drones see to cut out a bit nearer to target.
I explained to my self that the local improvised stuff needs to make contact with the target to detonate (you can see the almost litteral coat hanger poking out of the front to make contact) while the others have a poximaty fuse/stand off trigger. I know fuck all about anything drone realted but just the occams razor explanation for me.      

I know all that..lol. I meant the observation drone part. That they usually show the impact. This video ends before that happens
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Satanic Ukes with satanic Western mercenaries? Satanic temples and shit? Hunting Russians like a satanic safari...? Sounds like good reasons the GTFO of Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:58:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

A real old-timer just corrected the spelling of her name for you.
View Quote

Haa. Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
1420 video asking what people think about the attacks on Belgorod. LOL at people saying "nyet, I wouldn't go defend Belgorod."  I live in Moscow, I won't be affected here, fuck Belgorod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE_iuPLYDBY
View Quote

Interesting to see how much more willing they are to discuss their opinions on the “SMO” now as opposed to a year ago. Many openly calling it war, and some seem to have a decent idea of what’s going on.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:04:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Kim launches yet another ultra low orbiting/submersible satellite rocket!  Total success. The orbit was kept below radar detection levels and the rocket was able to hide under the waves before western assets could respond!!!  A decoy explosion was successfully executed to give appearance of retarded failure. “Success was 100% although there are still areas for improvement. We will reward our dedicated rocket scientists and their extended families and dogs with a ZSU-23-4 salute.”

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Moscow drone attack was like ‘a horror film’
Raid on the capital shocked residents nearby. But will it change Russians’ views of the Ukraine war?

https://www.politico.eu/article/moscow-drone-attack-it-was-like-a-horror-film-putin-russia-ukraine-war-strike-explosion-kyiv/

Fifteen months into a war launched by their government against Ukraine, some Muscovites early morning on Tuesday for the first time woke up to explosions.

“It was like the sound of a short thunder strike,” a man called Andrei, who lives opposite one of the buildings which suffered damage, told the TV-channel Dozhd, an independent station working from exile in the Netherlands.

“For a moment it’s like you’re in a horror film, I ran to my relatives and yelled at them to get away from the window.”

He said the incident had left those living in his area feeling “shocked and confused.”

Although not entirely unexpected — Russian regions bordering Ukraine such as Belgorod suffer almost daily strikes, and an incident in early May in which two drones flew onto the Kremlin compound set the stage for further incursions — the drone raid marks a landmark moment as the biggest strike against Moscow since the beginning of the war.

Dmitry Oreshkin, an independent political analyst, said it heralded the end of a phase of complacency, in which Russians accept the war as something that does not threaten their own lives.

“The war is breaking into people’s minds and forcing itself to be talked about. That’s a bad sign for Putin,” he told Dozhd. “It is not as much a strike on Moscow as a strike on Russians’ minds.”

View Quote

I'd like to think if the typical Russian followed this thread or got some actual news about the last 15 months, they would rip their face off or attack the nearest gov't office. They have been fed bullshit their whole lives.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#33]

On the other hand, the leaders say the drone attacks were a good thing, because it rallies the people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQVTonHxnNM
View Quote
Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package, how efficient of them.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#34]

There were solutions created many years ago because of Poland and other Eastern European NATO countries that had legacy Russian SAM units that needed integration with Western systems.  To not know that if you are in that field is a red flag to me.  There is public info available now that proves that statement on the document false.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

Again the reason I did not trust or believe the information in those leaks was real.

That would be dumb even for them.
If we assume the leaks date to prior to Patriot, SAMPT, and most NASAMS, it would really only apply to Soviet gear like S300 and BUK.  They’re perfectly aware that western systems are present in numbers now, but they’re still flinging LR PGMs like it was the start of the war.
I think it’s either a political demand (from Putin) to show results against western systems, or they’re desperate enough to use anything and everything while it can do them some good.

See the leaked document below, it mentions Patriot lol.  Also says the systems cannot be "layered"  It is pure disinformation in my opinion to lure the Russians to waste precious missile resources.

Anyone worried about their clearance, please don't click the link.

Click To View Spoiler

From reading through it may mean that western SAMs can’t be layered with Soviet SAMs.
I know we were supposed to be working on that solution and it may be mentioned in the paper as “FrankenSAM.”

There were solutions created many years ago because of Poland and other Eastern European NATO countries that had legacy Russian SAM units that needed integration with Western systems.  To not know that if you are in that field is a red flag to me.  There is public info available now that proves that statement on the document false.

Thanks, very interesting.  So some or all of the leak is potentially *cough*.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Don Junior and other Trump surrogates like Tucker and Ted Nugent constantly bleat out and anti Ukraine narrative. I voted for Trump twice but I’m going to have a hard time supporting him if he doesn’t take a more anti Russian fascist position.
View Quote

Agreed. I have faith that whoever gets the nomination will be pro-Ukraine. No fucking way some Republican tries to be POTUS by being pro-Russia, pro-Putin, pro-murderous invasion. No way.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Satanic Ukes with satanic Western mercenaries? Satanic temples and shit? Hunting Russians like a satanic safari...? Sounds like good reasons the GTFO of Ukraine.
View Quote

You know, the ironic part is this person was born when Stalin was still in charge. Watched the Soviet Union persecute the Russian Orthodox Christians. Knows that Putin started his KGB career in the Second Directorate with that exact task. And now is full-in on Putin is saving us from satanists, or just knows better than to speak thoughts out loud after all that.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Since all of the pictures/video we've seen so far looks like small, short range equipment (and likely no warheads), it can be inferred that either:

(a) Ukraine managed to smuggle an entire suite of systems, launchers, etc. deep into Russia without being detected and presumably managed to exfil undetected. Or,
(b) This is a false flag operation with cheap Chinese drones purchased by the FSB and launched at civilian targets to drum up support for the war.

I know which option I think it is.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
🇬🇧🇺🇦 Local residents also report several explosions and the operation of air defense systems in the Moscow region, including in the area of Istra and New Riga.

According to Baza, more than ten drones have been intercepted in the Moscow region so far.

In Moscow itself, special services are checking information about the collision of a drone with a third multi-storey residential building on Leninsky Prospekt.

The mayor of the capital, Sergei Sobyanin, confirmed the UAV attack, reporting that emergency services were at the scene of the incident and indicating that "no one was seriously injured."
#Moscow #Russia #Ukraine
@rybar

Support us

https://t.me/milinfolive/101415

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxWWoUjXoAI0YqV?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxWWoUeWYAEQHU5?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxWTc5CWIAMO1rv?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxWTlG2XoAUcMOF?format=jpg&name=large

Two videos appear to show this canard type design that looks like it’s flying backwards.

And then this, which might just be an actual aircraft 🤷‍♂️

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxWiTsraIAU7s64?format=jpg&name=large

Video

Just to note, there is an insane air defence network around Moscow.  Multiple S-400 systems on down to TOR units for short range defense with the best systems they have available.   Also note, clear and beautiful weather over the region, yet they can't hit some of these drones.

Since all of the pictures/video we've seen so far looks like small, short range equipment (and likely no warheads), it can be inferred that either:

(a) Ukraine managed to smuggle an entire suite of systems, launchers, etc. deep into Russia without being detected and presumably managed to exfil undetected. Or,
(b) This is a false flag operation with cheap Chinese drones purchased by the FSB and launched at civilian targets to drum up support for the war.

I know which option I think it is.

So far Ukraine’s deniable “strategic” drone strikes have been to achieve military effects.  They’ve brushed back Russian strategic aviation.  They’ve hit fuel logistics targets.  They’ve hit a substation or two.  They’ve done nuisance raids on the Black Sea Fleet.
The latest one appears to be an internal political target.   I think it’s a lot more likely to be a false flag to serve as a pretext for mobilization/escalation/nuke threats.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#38]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxaebvgXwAMynhR?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

I wish he and others lied and said the UA is not ready, no tanks arriving this year, etc etc. We would all be depressed but surprise is surprise...
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:15:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#39]
"Moscow Nightmare" or UJ-22 Airborne
It can fly up to 800 km. Such a drone lifts about 15-20 kilograms. This is 30 F1 grenades or 4 RPG-7 shots.

https://t.me/bochkala_war

One of the types of UAVs that attacked Moscow is the UJ-22 Airborne attack drone, which is made by Ukrjet.
It has a flight range of up to 800 kilometers. Similar drones have previously flown to Moscow.

UPD: the video most likely shows a Cessna 172 light aircraft, which from a distance resembles a Ukrainian UAV.

@milinfolive
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:17:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Agreed. I have faith that whoever gets the nomination will be pro-Ukraine. No fucking way some Republican tries to be POTUS by being pro-Russia, pro-Putin, pro-murderous invasion. No way.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Don Junior and other Trump surrogates like Tucker and Ted Nugent constantly bleat out and anti Ukraine narrative. I voted for Trump twice but I’m going to have a hard time supporting him if he doesn’t take a more anti Russian fascist position.

He did last time
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#41]
❗️Ukraine returned the bodies of another 79 fallen defenders

Today, it was possible to bring home the bodies of 79 dead Ukrainian defenders. The transfer of bodies from the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine took place with the assistance of the Office of the Commissioner for Missing Persons under the Ministry of Reintegration in cooperation with law enforcement agencies.

It should be noted that the transfer of bodies of fallen soldiers is carried out in accordance with the norms of the Geneva Conventions.

The bodies of our defenders will be handed over to their families for a dignified burial.

https://t.me/bochkala_war/13570
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

The distilled essence of Russian thinking:
It isn't fair. You aren't following the rules. We are supposed to bomb and burn and kill you. You aren't supposed to come into Russia and do it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxXdKOEWAAAcV27?format=png&name=large

The distilled essence of Russian thinking:
It isn't fair. You aren't following the rules. We are supposed to bomb and burn and kill you. You aren't supposed to come into Russia and do it.

Classic Imperial thinking vs the untermensch.  Killing you is fair and right and the way things should be.  Killing us is not allowed.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#43]

I'd like to think if the typical Russian followed this thread or got some actual news about the last 15 months, they would rip their face off or attack the nearest gov't office.
View Quote

No, they wouldn't. Their true believers and the indifferent masses are no different than Democrat voters or Joe Sixpack types who DGAF about anything besides food, booze and sportsball.
Nobody forces them to watch government TV or prevents them from browsing UA or Western Russian language news sites.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Very happy to see Italy stepping up. It was a legitimate fear they were going to lean pro Kremlin in their recent election. Glad those fears didn't come to reality.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Very happy to see Italy stepping up. It was a legitimate fear they were going to lean pro Kremlin in their recent election. Glad those fears didn't come to reality.

Italy has had the biggest percentage swing from pro-Russian to anti-Russian of any european country.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#45]

So far Ukraine’s deniable “strategic” drone strikes have been to achieve military effects.  They’ve brushed back Russian strategic aviation.  They’ve hit fuel logistics targets.  They’ve hit a substation or two.  They’ve done nuisance raids on the Black Sea Fleet.
The latest one appears to be an internal political target.   I think it’s a lot more likely to be a false flag to serve as a pretext for mobilization/escalation/nuke threats.
View Quote

So far, out of the two drone strikes on Moscow, what do we have?

1) In the Kremlin attack, you can see men standing on the cupola as a drone explodes above it.  Zero reported casualties.

2) Drones strike a residential apartment bloc, 2 people reported wounded, none seriously.

Both incidents are indicative of something other than a weapon.  At the same time, there is compelling historical evidence suggesting Vova is OK with murdering Russian citizens in a false flag setup. So, my take is the drones in both instances were probably Ukrainian and probably more aimed at psyops than actual damage on target.  Maybe one of those cardboard drones with some fireworks?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQVTonHxnNM

Babylon 5 quote?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Air alarm in Dnipropetrovsk region!
https://t.me/operativnoZSU/98769
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#48]

1) In the Kremlin attack, you can see men standing on the cupola as a drone explodes above it.  Zero reported casualties.

2) Drones strike a residential apartment bloc, 2 people reported wounded, none seriously.

Both incidents are indicative of something other than a weapon.  At the same time, there is compelling historical evidence suggesting Vova is OK with murdering Russian citizens in a false flag setup. So, my take is the drones in both instances were probably Ukrainian and probably more aimed at psyops than actual damage on target.  Maybe one of those cardboard drones with some fireworks?
View All Quotes

Since Ukraine has been very vocal about calling the orcs terrorists for targeting civilian targets, it's highly unlikely they would do the same. The attack seems to me to be a PR stunt either false flag or rebels. Either way, the rooskies are likely the ones responsible. Of course, if the rooskie rebels that waltz in and out of the Russian border with Ukraine provided equipment decided to make a road trip, I could see that happening. Would still be the Russians attacking the Russians that were attacking the Russians on the border that were attacking the Russians.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#49]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxZLcNxWAAYLuPs?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxZLcXXWABY8flg?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Italy has had the biggest percentage swing from pro-Russian to anti-Russian of any european country.
View Quote

Italy?  Changing sides?

Never been done befo'
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4136 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top