Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4137 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
I had the most deranged conversation with a Russian friend today.  Admittedly one always given to conspiracy theories; but the new theme being sold is the Ukrainians, and West generally, are satanists, complete with satanic temples in Ukraine, etc.  Western mercenaries are paying to hunt and kill Russians like safari animals and Sen. Graham's edited speech was featured prominently.  It was pretty
View Quote
Your friend must know my wife. She gets going with her Q-tard friends, and I just have to leave the room.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Babylon 5 quote?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

On the other hand, the leaders say the drone attacks were a good thing, because it rallies the people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQVTonHxnNM
Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package, how efficient of them.

Babylon 5 quote?
Yup. Been binging the series again and I love Londo quotes. Its a quote that applies to the Russian leaders and prominent figures quite well.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

The airfields are smaller than a city so a real challenge for Russia to hit!
View Quote
Put a playground in it, and it would get vaporized.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#5]
They're gonna need a bigger badminton racket to get that into orbit.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/zDOyrjX.jpg

Spent casings as additional armor on the T80

View Quote

Maybe it’s not add-on armor but tankage for vodka and/or brake fluid?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

On their next field trip into Belgorod the Russian Volunteer Corps needs to find the only indoor toilet in town and video themselves bringing it back to Ukraine strapped the the roof of a Humvee.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By Prime:
"ATESH" movement continues to conduct reconnaissance in Crimea

Our agent reports the presence of "dragon's teeth" and trenches near the village of Medvedevka, in front of Chongar.
We know many places of fortifications in the occupied territories, our intelligence works tirelessly. Soon we will be able to share new information... We are not only observing, but also working on the fortifications, so we know a lot

No matter how many of them are built, in the hour "H" all the fortifications will be destroyed, "ATESH" promises!

https://t.me/atesh_ua/908

Rashists leave their positions

An "ATESH" agent in the ranks of the RF Armed Forces reports that his unit is leaving the village of Samsonovo, Novoazovsky district, Donetsk region. The place of transfer is still unknown, presumably to the Zaporozhye region.

All this is accompanied by massive looting. The invaders take out everything they can from the houses, leaving only bare walls. Officers and higher authorities all this only encourages.

The well-known scorched earth tactics are used. They don't work like that on their own land. They probably know that they won't stay there for long...

https://t.me/atesh_ua/910

This scorched looting by russians is not going to be missed or forgotten by Ukranian citizens. And hopefully, other neighboring countries as well. What russians think of civilians in other countries is again being explained by their actions.

On their next field trip into Belgorod the Russian Volunteer Corps needs to find the only indoor toilet in town and video themselves bringing it back to Ukraine strapped the the roof of a Humvee.

Nah, other way around.  They need to haul as many toilets in as they can carry and leave them with notes saying, “you can have these for free, just stop fucking with us.”
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope Sunak bitch slaps him around the Oval Office and makes him call Austin to command him to everything RFN. 😂

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1123-2834713.jpg
View Quote

“And the Russians took our Storm Shadows in the ass and liked it.”
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't agree with this, but here it is.

View Quote
FSB blew up multiple Russian apartment buildings to start the Chechen war
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Interesting, Looks small in diameter to be a satellite delivery rocket.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Must have missed. .vid conveniently ended before the hit
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Warmate HUD footage.

Not necessarily.  If the drone dropped below the radio horizon to the controller it would lose the feed.  However the onboard computer keeps it locked on the cursor.  It’s a more high-tech solution compared to FPV quads, which probably just fly a straight path after LOS.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:27:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Nearly all of the Switchblade 300 footage I've seen cuts out before impact but almist certainly must have hit due to the speed/angle. Fot whatever reason the jury rigged attack drones see to cut out a bit nearer to target.
I explained to my self that the local improvised stuff needs to make contact with the target to detonate (you can see the almost litteral coat hanger poking out of the front to make contact) while the others have a poximaty fuse/stand off trigger. I know fuck all about anything drone realted but just the occams razor explanation for me.      
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:
Warmate HUD footage.

When you are shooting at targets that are far away, you can lose the video signal when the weapon dives down and more terrain/foliage starts blocking it.

A real weapon like that polish loitering munition will have image recognition and autopilot to guide itself the rest of the way to the aimpoint the operator sets before the signal is lost.

This is probably why we don't see alot of switch blade 600 videos.  They would have to film the terminal impact with a second drone watching from a distance.

Nearly all of the Switchblade 300 footage I've seen cuts out before impact but almist certainly must have hit due to the speed/angle. Fot whatever reason the jury rigged attack drones see to cut out a bit nearer to target.
I explained to my self that the local improvised stuff needs to make contact with the target to detonate (you can see the almost litteral coat hanger poking out of the front to make contact) while the others have a poximaty fuse/stand off trigger. I know fuck all about anything drone realted but just the occams razor explanation for me.      

The homebrew FPV drone video almost certainly cuts out lower to the ground because they don’t have any fancy targeting software for autonomous guidance to a point target.  Therefore they have to be nearer to the target where the radio horizon is lower, so that when LOS terminates control of the drone it’s close enough to hit or near-miss anyway.
The fancier systems like S300 can be used at much greater ranges because their software can stay on target after LOS.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#13]

And hopefully a pissing post in the figure of Biden.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

I think once the war is won, Ukraine will owe Sen Graham a rather large bronze statue in Kiev.

And hopefully a pissing post in the figure of Biden.

Won’t happen.
I look forward to the books written after the war which identify who were the real drivers behind the western response, as well as who were the pussies.
Graham has already been identified as a (likely) driver.  Going to be interesting to look into the motivations of the pussies.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

No thanks!
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:35:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Yup. Been binging the series again and I love Londo quotes. Its a quote that applies to the Russian leaders and prominent figures quite well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

On the other hand, the leaders say the drone attacks were a good thing, because it rallies the people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQVTonHxnNM
Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package, how efficient of them.

Babylon 5 quote?

Funny that I just watched that scene the other day. Here's the money quote:

“Ah! Arrogance and stupidity all in the same package.”
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:39:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I had the most deranged conversation with a Russian friend today.  Admittedly one always given to conspiracy theories; but the new theme being sold is the Ukrainians, and West generally, are satanists, complete with satanic temples in Ukraine, etc.  Western mercenaries are paying to hunt and kill Russians like safari animals and Sen. Graham's edited speech was featured prominently.  It was pretty
View Quote

“Satan/Satanism” in Russian parlance has always denoted the Jews.
If you happen to discuss it again, try to make some casual/low-key references to the Jews and see where he takes it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Look at the different pictures posted by myself and AlmightyTallest of the same area. They are moving airframes around, probably to confuse the overheads. There's no guarantee that the few parked on the tarmac are actually flyable.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:
Originally Posted By 2A373:

All those that are doubled and triple packed to a spot are definitely not operational airframes. Operational aircraft do not get parked like that even in peace time. You need room around them so you service and maintained them.

Look close in this picture and you will see at least 24 places where operational aircraft would be parked.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54089/Ukraine2_JPG-2833376_jpg-2834884.JPG

Still don't know why they would be parked like that. At a minimum they just lost a lot of spare parts that could be used to keep the operational planes flying.

Look at the different pictures posted by myself and AlmightyTallest of the same area. They are moving airframes around, probably to confuse the overheads. There's no guarantee that the few parked on the tarmac are actually flyable.

They could also pack a flyable AC in with two non-flyable, while having non-flyables in single revetments.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

I really disagree.

The dud rate aside, DPICM is a cluster of grenades that cover a wide area.  
Its excellent if you have a soft target, like a firing battery of artillery, and you want to drop a lot of grenades on them in one blast. Or alot of troops in the open.  But thats the least of the Ukrainian's concerns.
Its also excellent if you have an airplane going very fast and very low and see a large convoy of trucks or soft targets.  Pickle off one canister and it covers a lot of area.  But that's not really the situation the Ukrainians are in.

I would assume that Russian artillery isn't responsive and the Ukrainians will stay buttoned up and mounted. The primary targets will be C2, ATGMs, and armor.  The Ukrainaisn want to protect their queen, the tanks, and the biggest threats arent the sorts of things DPICM is good at killing.  Those threats are point targets that will be dug in, and need a smart munition and a lot of HE on a single point, not a scattering of grenade-like munitions.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CharlieR:
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Yes, absolutely. I'm of the opinion that DPICM would be far more of a Wunderwaffen than pretty much anything else we could send them. They would certainly impact the war more than 31 Abrams or even 100 Bradleys. They would be extremely useful for stopping Russian assaults dead in their tracks, suppressing objectives while Ukrainian armor advances, etc. Unfortunately, I doubt they're going to get them, almost exclusively due to political reasons. The Biden Administration likely doesn't want to send them due to UXO concerns, and if they did send them, I have no doubt that many on the right would jump at the opportunity to label Biden a baby killer.

I really disagree.

The dud rate aside, DPICM is a cluster of grenades that cover a wide area.  
Its excellent if you have a soft target, like a firing battery of artillery, and you want to drop a lot of grenades on them in one blast. Or alot of troops in the open.  But thats the least of the Ukrainian's concerns.
Its also excellent if you have an airplane going very fast and very low and see a large convoy of trucks or soft targets.  Pickle off one canister and it covers a lot of area.  But that's not really the situation the Ukrainians are in.

I would assume that Russian artillery isn't responsive and the Ukrainians will stay buttoned up and mounted. The primary targets will be C2, ATGMs, and armor.  The Ukrainaisn want to protect their queen, the tanks, and the biggest threats arent the sorts of things DPICM is good at killing.  Those threats are point targets that will be dug in, and need a smart munition and a lot of HE on a single point, not a scattering of grenade-like munitions.

As a contrary anecdote, there were reports that Ukraine had received a quantity of DPICM from Turkey a couple of months ago, and that was what a Ukrainian source credited with that two or three week run of circa 1000 KIA per day.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I'd like to think if the typical Russian followed this thread or got some actual news about the last 15 months, they would rip their face off or attack the nearest gov't office. They have been fed bullshit their whole lives.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Moscow drone attack was like ‘a horror film’
Raid on the capital shocked residents nearby. But will it change Russians’ views of the Ukraine war?

https://www.politico.eu/article/moscow-drone-attack-it-was-like-a-horror-film-putin-russia-ukraine-war-strike-explosion-kyiv/

Fifteen months into a war launched by their government against Ukraine, some Muscovites early morning on Tuesday for the first time woke up to explosions.

“It was like the sound of a short thunder strike,” a man called Andrei, who lives opposite one of the buildings which suffered damage, told the TV-channel Dozhd, an independent station working from exile in the Netherlands.

“For a moment it’s like you’re in a horror film, I ran to my relatives and yelled at them to get away from the window.”

He said the incident had left those living in his area feeling “shocked and confused.”

Although not entirely unexpected — Russian regions bordering Ukraine such as Belgorod suffer almost daily strikes, and an incident in early May in which two drones flew onto the Kremlin compound set the stage for further incursions — the drone raid marks a landmark moment as the biggest strike against Moscow since the beginning of the war.

Dmitry Oreshkin, an independent political analyst, said it heralded the end of a phase of complacency, in which Russians accept the war as something that does not threaten their own lives.

“The war is breaking into people’s minds and forcing itself to be talked about. That’s a bad sign for Putin,” he told Dozhd. “It is not as much a strike on Moscow as a strike on Russians’ minds.”

I'd like to think if the typical Russian followed this thread or got some actual news about the last 15 months, they would rip their face off or attack the nearest gov't office. They have been fed bullshit their whole lives.

They simply wouldn’t believe it.  People have a boundless capacity to disbelieve what they don’t agree with.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Cool video that was shared in the "interesting Ruski stuff" thread.  Its a parade of pre WW 2, WW2 and alittle post WW2 armor.. very cool to see them running. id thought id share it here.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:04:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By twistedLV:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By twistedLV:

The airfields are smaller than a city so a real challenge for Russia to hit!

I look forward to digging through all the detailed accounts and investigations after this war. The war crime trials will likely uncover just how intentional the Russian hits on civilians are and specific hits on playgrounds, apartments and malls.  If those were actual targets chosen then I hope they wear out several gallows hanging the bastards.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:05:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I wasnt aware I dont believe that Ukraine recovered one of Russians most deadly air to air and most newest models, that they are sharing with the west. the R-37M.

https://www.hngn.com/articles/246753/20230218/ukraine-acquires-wreckage-r-37m-russian-missile-used-attack.htm
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:11:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Cool video that was shared in the "interesting Ruski stuff" thread.  Its a parade of pre WW 2, WW2 and alittle post WW2 armor.. very cool to see them running. id thought id share it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q8iqI53JzY
View Quote

We will see some of those in Ukraine before it’s all over.  Maybe not the T-34s, but the Su-100/152s and the IS-3, yep.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#24]
I wasnt aware I dont believe that Ukraine recovered one of Russians most deadly air to air and most newest models, that they are sharing with the west. the R-37M.

https://www.hngn.com/articles/246753/20230218/ukraine-acquires-wreckage-r-37m-russian-missile-used-attack.htm
View Quote

IIRC an R-37 was recovered last year sometime.  This could be a repeat article.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Video in tweet.

View Quote

That is way down there.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:24:03 AM EDT
[#26]

I wish he and others lied and said the UA is not ready, no tanks arriving this year, etc etc. We would all be depressed but surprise is surprise...
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxaebvgXwAMynhR?format=png&name=900x900

I wish he and others lied and said the UA is not ready, no tanks arriving this year, etc etc. We would all be depressed but surprise is surprise...

This is why I think there must be backroom negotiations happening. The only way this rhetoric has any value to Ukraine is if it's pressuring Russia to make a deal
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:31:53 AM EDT
[#27]

This is why I think there must be backroom negotiations happening. The only way this rhetoric has any value to Ukraine is if it's pressuring Russia to make a deal
View All Quotes

I disagree. I think they're conducting shaping operations and waiting to strike until the Russians are weakened enough and the weather cooperates.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:52:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

LOL,

The "Westworld" of Eastern Europe!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kpacman:

LOL,

The "Westworld" of Eastern Europe!
Seems like a potential risk high dollar fundraiser.  The hunting for sport part anyhow.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:14:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Maybe it’s not add-on armor but tankage for vodka and/or brake fluid?
View Quote

You say that like those fluids are separate things in Russia...
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:37:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AROKIE] [#30]

View All Quotes

was last years the R-37M or the reg R-37? this article states in Feb of this year the R-37M was recovered

I am not locating any info or article of any being recovered last year

the earliest russia has ever used the R-37M was november of last year,

"the Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD) announced the first use of this missile in early November last year and said that a Su-35S had shot down a Ukrainian fighter jet by firing the R-37M missile."
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:39:05 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

This is Russia’s latest propaganda push:  Ukraine is Seeking a Deal.   A Negotiated settlement is close at hand!
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:10:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:11:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:37:52 AM EDT
[#34]

Did they run out of tanks?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:38:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

This is Russia’s latest propaganda push:  Ukraine is Seeking a Deal.   A Negotiated settlement is close at hand!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

Agree. Russia desperately wants the west to pressure Ukraine into a “land for vapor peace” deal.

Lots more within the tweet.

Ukraine is unequivocal and just yesterday reiterated its terms for negotiations. Step 1: Russia withdraws from every inch of Ukraine.

the president of the Russian Federation is currently unrealistically and inadequately assessing himself, Russia and his capabilities.

"That is, there is no point in wasting time on something that will not be implemented in reality," Podolyak emphasized.

OP added that the President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskyi, on the contrary, is very stable in this matter. The guarantor always emphasizes that there is a peace formula for us, the first point of which is that the Russians must withdraw all their troops from our territories. How exactly this happens - forced or voluntary - makes no difference.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:40:34 AM EDT
[#36]

lol have fun!
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:46:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#37]
In a major breach of military secrecy someone has leaked the detailed assault plan for the counter offensive!😲

More seriously, all the chatter about the offensive has Ru MoD confused. 👍
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:52:16 AM EDT
[#38]
With Erdogan re-elected, there is new pressure for him to OK Sweden.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:58:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#39]
Psyops has Russia trying to react!

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:07:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Cigarette aisle??
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:01:28 AM EDT
[#41]

But why
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:40:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

But why
View All Quotes

But why

She could have ran to Hungary or anywhere else just like that stupid American that fled to BelaOrckiland lite.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:42:04 AM EDT
[#43]

Gotta say we need to be looking at ways to exact a cost from Iran.
View All Quotes

Russian source said 100 Shahed drones launched.

Israel randomly flys into and bombs Iranian targets. Why not the next time some Iranian IL76 are loading up shaheeds they get eaten alive by F35s on the runway? I think the last shipments were Iranian IL76 and not Russian.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:54:07 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Wow
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:03:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#45]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Israel randomly flys into and bombs Iranian targets. Why not the next time some Iranian IL76 are loading up shaheeds they get eaten alive by F35s on the runway? I think the last shipments were Iranian IL76 and not Russian.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

Russian source said 100 Shahed drones launched.

Funnily enough Israel is about to start a major military exercise largely focused on war with Iran along with several other simultaneous fronts.  
The Jews and the Taliban tag teaming on Iran?!  Fits in perfectly with the crazy things in the past three years.

And then the are the Iranian women fed up with the mullahs!!!

I’ve worked with several Iranians and they are nothing like the Arabs. They value academic learning, especially medicine, engineering, teaching, and the sciences. And they enjoy doing good productive work. They value kids and their upbringing. Without the theocracy they can be incredibly smart and family oriented. I hope they can kick the ayatollah and mullah to the curb soon.

videos embedded

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:12:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#46]

For the most part, the Russian Federation is reacting to Kyiv's actions instead of "actively advancing towards its own military goals," the report says.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:12:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#47]
So the offensive is starting soon? Right timing? Good weather?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:17:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:33:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Smoking in a Russian base is not the best idea.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:59:38 AM EDT
[#50]
So the offensive is starting soon? Right timing? Good weather?
View Quote

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4137 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top