Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4150 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:31:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Fact. Some exposure to living in other places would change that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m24shooter:
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
We Americans, in general, have no idea how good we have it.

Fact. Some exposure to living in other places would change that.

It's one of my fears in a war with china and how many attacks would happen on the.mainland with infrastructure and plants.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:45:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
Whatever happened to all the Baykar drones Ukraine was using?

Have not seen them mentioned for awhile
View Quote

A lot got shot down
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

A lot got shot down
View All Quotes

A lot got shot down

They still have quite a few, they dont use them for the cool strikes anymore due to the russian EW and anti air they now have in place... used for border security and stuff up north and west.  boring stuff.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:53:49 AM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

Too dangerous to use them near the front.  Supposedly they’re still in use over the black sea where the threat environment is lower.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:15:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By strykr:

I think Russia just assumed Ukraine wouldn't dare attack them within their borders due to their nuclear deterrent. Same reason why China is not taking a chunk of Siberia right now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By strykr:
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Originally Posted By yekimak:
I'm pretty sure that a good amount of my impression of Russian incompetence is due to Uke propaganda but still.......who leaves their border with a country they are invading unprotected like that?

Someone who thought they owned the US President who promised to keep Ukraine out of Russia? Said President using "escalation" as a cover?

Just a WAG.

I think Russia just assumed Ukraine wouldn't dare attack them within their borders due to their nuclear deterrent. Same reason why China is not taking a chunk of Siberia right now.

Russia isn't shelling China from Siberia. If they were PLA would be in Siberia.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:39:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Big day.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 3:01:59 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Wow!  Big numbers all around, even TANKS today!  Most excellent!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 3:19:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#9]
Just in case Stumblin’ Joe or Chamberlain Macron read this thread:

https://twitter.com/dylanburns1776/status/166451301099868569

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:01:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Baron von Skeletor emerged from hiding and said “watch your fucking tone, we like to take things outside, and we’ve done it in Chechnya”.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
Originally Posted By Croak:
Yeah, about 3900 pages ago, and several times after.  :)

Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Yeah, it's been floating around for a while. It's one of many reasons why their "denazification" narrative regarding Ukraine is so hilarious. We'll just conveniently ignore Wagner and other far right formations that have been fighting for Russia in the Donbas since 2014, such as Varyag, Rusych, Imperial Legion, Russian Orthodox Army, Vostok, Sparta, Viking, etc. We'll also ignore the fact that Girkin, Gubarev, etc. have ties to far right groups in Russia.

Baron von Skeletor emerged from hiding and said “watch your fucking tone, we like to take things outside, and we’ve done it in Chechnya”.

lololol thats a great title
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:18:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AuNate:

You stated no corruption. Just pointing out we have/had it as well
View Quote

There has always been corruption (in the USA and every other human society or organization) and always will be.

My point is that Ukraine is not unique in corruption and may even be better than the USA is some regards. The USA has really worked 24/7 to catch up to and surpass the 2nd world countries like Ukraine in regards to corruption.

Putting corruption on a scale from 1 to 10 (silly I know) and we say Ukraine was at 8 at 2014 (before Maidan and arguably the birth of the new Ukraine) and they are now at 6 while the USA was at 1 in 1776 and is at 5 now in 2023 I dont think we should be celebrating ourselves or condemning Ukraine.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:04:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#12]
Oh my!  He is so concerned over a Ukrainian lives!!  I can tell he is super duper wow sincere. Orban quit digging his diplomatic hole with a shovel and has brought in a 10 yd excavator!  Double nut guzzler.

The comments on this tweet are hilarious!!

More details:
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/06/2/7404956/

And in a country whose population is only a small part of the population of the opposing side, to launch a major military offensive in such conditions means staging a bloody war. We must do everything possible, even before the counter-offensive, to convince the parties of the need for a ceasefire and peace negotiations," said the head of the Hungarian government.
In addition, as is his wont, Orbán complained that it is difficult for him to be the only prime minister in the EU who stands for peace, but he said, "If you are Hungarian, you have to stand up for what is right".
Orbán also said that as long as he is in power, Hungary will not go to war with Russia.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:21:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Capta:

It would be achievable for us but no one else.  Combination of operational stealth and SEAD capability would ultimately grind down the Russian GBAD.  But it would take a while and the expenditure of a lot of ordnance.  IMO.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Birddog15:
Is "air superiority" really achievable in a war like this?  And with countless MANPADS around, can either side provide good support at the front line?

Wouldn't the aircraft have to be used as mostly missile trucks to try to hit stuff further back, like artillery and command and control targets?  The types of things that are in semi-fixed positions.  I'm not saying that using their air assets like that is useless, but I don't think it will diminish the slug fest at the front all that much, especially in the beginning.

Once Ukraine busts through, Russia is going to have to do a mad dash of men and machines to that area.  That will mean a whole lot of moving targets that would be ripe for the picking for Ukrainian aircraft doing bomb runs with appropriate ordinance.  But how to you attack them without getting shot down?

Missile carrying planes are nice for a sneak hit or two on Russian ships or important targets waaaay back from the front, but I don't see how they can directly help the grunts doing the fighting and dying, as much as I hate to say it.

I hope I am completely wrong on this and Ukraine has enough tricks up their sleeves that they can dominate the air and really knock the ever living crap out of the Orcs once they bust through.

It would be achievable for us but no one else.  Combination of operational stealth and SEAD capability would ultimately grind down the Russian GBAD.  But it would take a while and the expenditure of a lot of ordnance.  IMO.

That makes me feel good about us, but I sure hope we don't witness a blood bath in the skies for Ukrainian pilots.  They've been super smart up to this point, so hopefully they can maximize their advantages without too many losses.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:24:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Oh my!  He is so concerned over a Ukrainian lives!!  I can tell he is super duper wow sincere. Orban quit digging his diplomatic hole with a shovel and has brought in a 10 yd excavator!  Double nut guzzler.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1190-2837392.jpg

More details:

View All Quotes

More details:

And in a country whose population is only a small part of the population of the opposing side, to launch a major military offensive in such conditions means staging a bloody war. We must do everything possible, even before the counter-offensive, to convince the parties of the need for a ceasefire and peace negotiations," said the head of the Hungarian government.
In addition, as is his wont, Orbán complained that it is difficult for him to be the only prime minister in the EU who stands for peace, but he said, "If you are Hungarian, you have to stand up for what is right".
Orbán also said that as long as he is in power, Hungary will not go to war with Russia.

Europe needs to do a deep dive into Orban’s finances.  His loyalty to Putin probably isn’t just ideological.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:24:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#15]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:30:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Europe needs to do a deep dive into Orban’s finances.  His loyalty to Putin probably isn’t just ideological.
View All Quotes

More details:

surely orban is not corrupted....
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:07:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheLurker] [#17]

Longish range strike in the south. Hitting port facilities it seems.

Edit to add more angles

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:11:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Swiss block sale of Leopard tanks to the Netherlands.

In short NL was trying to buy tanks to send to Ukraine but that transaction has been blocked. Apparently by the Green party and a right wing party citing concerns about neutrality.

Dutch news but just posted for reference

View Quote
Damn it
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#20]

More details:

View Quote

"How to Create a Hostile Neighbor for Dummies!"
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:38:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#21]
Needs a new “contested area”.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:47:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#22]
Pro-Russian source.

🇷🇺🇺🇦 Ukrainian formations throughout the night and morning continue not only to shell the border regions of Russia, but also tried to attack rear facilities with drones. The media reported on strikes in several federal districts of the Russian Federation at once.

In the Smolensk region, in the village of Peresna, Pochinkovsky district, the UAV attacked an oil refinery, and in the village of Divasy, Smolensk district, a gas distribution station. The air defense system shot down all the targets, according to preliminary data, one of the administrative buildings received minor damage, there were no casualties.

In the Kirovsky district of the Kaluga region, an unidentified drone fell in the forest: there were no casualties or damage, an investigation is underway.

In Kursk, the air defense system intercepted eight UAVs of the AFU. The wreckage of the downed UAVs damaged three residential buildings, there were no casualties among the population. According to Mash, Ukrainian militants later shelled the village of Tetkino - the consequences of the strike are unknown.

In the Bryansk region, the AFU shelled the village of Lomakovka in the Starodub district, one house was damaged, no one was injured. Later, Ukrainian formations attacked the village of Novaya Pogoshch in the Suzemsky district, no one was injured, one residential building was damaged.

According to Mash, the enemy fired at least 10 shells at Sushans, previously without casualties. At least five times the enemy shelled the village of Brovnichi, and also dropped a projectile from a UAV on the village of Churovnichi: there is no information about casualties and destruction.

In the Belgorod region, the enemy continues to inflict massive artillery strikes on the border area: Shebekino, Shchetinovka, Kozinka and Dronovka were hit, among other things. In the village of Tishanka, shelling damaged two residential buildings, a gas pipeline and a power line, no one was injured.

In the village of Maslova Pristan, two women died as a result of a shell explosion near a car, two more people were taken to the hospital in serious condition. In the village of Leonovka, the AFU damaged a granary, there were no casualties.

#Belgorod #Kaluga #Kursk #Russia #Smolensk #Ukraine

https://t.me/rybar_in_english/4195

🇷🇺🇺🇦 The AFU attacked the territory of the seaport in Berdyansk.

According to preliminary information, three to six Storm Shadow missiles hit the city. According to some reports, four people were injured as a result of the strike, but damage was avoided. The air defense system worked.

Judging by the footage that appeared on the network, a rocket or its fragments fell on a construction site on the territory of the port, 150 meters from the Grain Terminal of the Berdyansk Sea Port.

#Berdyansk #Russia #Ukraine

https://t.me/rybar_in_english/4198

UA TG
The Berdyansk MBA also informs that, according to preliminary data, ships that recently entered to steal Ukrainian grain and scrap metal are fleeing from the Berdyansk port.
https://t.me/operativnoZSU/99205

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#23]
A good video on the T55. A great laugh starting at 6:30

The Soviet Russian T-55 Main Battle Tank ☭

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Sure wish we could see the T-14 Armata used in combat before this is over.  Would be awesome to see one captured lol
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Sure wish we could see the T-14 Armata used in combat before this is over.  Would be awesome to see one captured lol
View Quote

Too bad that would involve them running long enough to make it to the front.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#26]

That has to be a unique pair of videos.  You can really hear the operator’s rising stress over several seconds.
On first watch I thought it was two kamikaze hits, but watching it again I think the first whoosh was a missile launch, then gunfire, then a hit.
Of course it also means there may be video from the kamikaze showing a missing launch and cannon fire both missing.  That would be epic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
From the earlier Pantsir video, this one includes the video of the operator firing on the drone before it hits the vehicle.

That has to be a unique pair of videos.  You can really hear the operator’s rising stress over several seconds.
On first watch I thought it was two kamikaze hits, but watching it again I think the first whoosh was a missile launch, then gunfire, then a hit.
Of course it also means there may be video from the kamikaze showing a missing launch and cannon fire both missing.  That would be epic.

I would like to see that drone video as well.  Someone synched the two videos up and the result was pretty funny.  Also, dispersion from that cannon is absolutely horrid, no wonder they can't hit anything.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Lol . Those 14 challenger 2 tanks are going to fucking lay waste on Russian armor! Man I can't wait to see that action! .. ibet the crews that got assigned to those are just itching to get some trigger time
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#29]

A lot got shot down
View All Quotes

A lot got shot down

Did it?

I didn't hear or see about it ...
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#30]

More details:

View All Quotes

More details:

I agree with Orban on so many things but what the heck is he still thinking ... my only bet is that he received a sweet deal on the backend of things from the Ruskies ... along with his closest admin officials like the FM ... or ... he is playing "a double agent" ... because anything else has 0% interest for the Hungarian people ...
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Or a video of its turret toss.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By birdbarian:

You have to pay a fixer to get stuff into 3rd world countries with some level of efficiency.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By birdbarian:
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
Originally Posted By Banditman:
Originally Posted By NE223:

According to that thread Ukraine is the MOST corrupt country on the planet. How pants on the head stupid do you have to be to make that statement when Russia exists? Russia, a country where corruption is so rampant that they can't supply their army with the basics, food and medical, let alone working weapons systems.

I bet we hold that title. It is harder to see due to our wealth. Look at the Biden cover up going on right now.

Not to thread derail, but while there's corruption in the US, it's not even remotely comparable to Russia, Latin America, Africa, etc. In the US, I've yet to have to carry around money to bribe the police.

When I was a kid our church had missionaries in the Philippines and we had a donation drive for supplies for them. It was enough to ship a pallet of stuff.  The pastor on the receiving end talked about the line of hands outstretched to receive cash just to get the pallet out of customs.

In America we watch the news, see things that smell bad and INFER corruption.  In other nations personal daily contact with corruption right in front of your face is the norm.  In places like russia EVERYONE is on the take.

You have to pay a fixer to get stuff into 3rd world countries with some level of efficiency.

Yes...I experienced it myself for a medical mission I helped in.

Sue hoy is what it is called in the Philippines.

It's pathetic and I understand why my mom never wants to go back.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#37]
From Capta's earlier post.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:14:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hate_Work] [#40]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Chicago enters the thread, along with boston, nyc, and philly.
View Quote

Not to go sideways, but cities have been corrupt forever. Grew up south of Baltimore. IF the name D'Alesandro doesn't ring a bell. It will. that is Nancy Pelosi's maiden name. Her Dad and brother mastered corruption in Baltimore. All you have to do is look at what Italian Tommy, Tommy Jr. and Nancy have stood for and who they stood with. That mess went back to the 1940's. Yes, corruption is nothing new in the US.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#42]

Cotton, baby.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:30:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#43]

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

There is no other logical explanation. Hungary was extensively abused by Russia in the last century and memories are long. There are folks in this thread like Joszi and myself that have had family members murdered by the Russians. My grandfather spent years in Siberia and walked home eating grass to survive. Another great-uncle was murdered after surrendering to Russian troops in our home town. We only know what happened to him because one of his friends managed to barely escape. Many, maybe most Hungarian families have stories like this. Yet now, as Russia is finally getting some very long overdue justice while trying to brutalize yet another neighbor, and Hungary is leading the defense of Russia??!! WTF Vic!
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:42:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#45]
Edit: Darth Putin…
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Did it?

I didn't hear or see about it ...
View Quote

Well there was that one that UA had to shoot down themselves over Kiev iirc that went haywire, lost its link or whatever.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:46:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

I agree with Orban on so many things but what the heck is he still thinking ... my only bet is that he received a sweet deal on the backend of things from the Ruskies ... along with his closest admin officials like the FM ... or ... he is playing "a double agent" ... because anything else has 0% interest for the Hungarian people ...
View Quote

Yup. A "deal" was made before the invasion and now, in typical KGB fashion, they have kompromat on him and telling him to support the losing team or else. Nothing else makes sense. (I too have been an Orban supporter for years in domestic Hungarian policies and with his stance on the EU bullying).
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

Group buy?

*just kidding all you 1811 types, no need to raid my house...
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:49:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#50]

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4150 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top