Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4151 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Cotton, baby. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxnJUkIaIAEP5CR?format=jpg&name=360x360
View Quote

"the target taking out the arrival still counts for our bonus, comrade colonel?"
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fxm7vv5WcAEKdcV?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

View Quote

WOW! That graphic really shows how desperate the UA is for longer ranged weapons. Thank GOD for the Brits and many curses on stumbling mumbling joe for withholding this aid.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Cotton, baby. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxnJUkIaIAEP5CR?format=jpg&name=360x360
View Quote

So, the stormshadow hit the intended target and detonated. But russia says it was intercepted by air defense. Maybe it was an imaginary air defense missile that intercepted it.

Can somebody explain to me what "cotton" means? I've seen it a few times.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

So, the stormshadow hit the intended target and detonated. But russia says it was intercepted by air defense. Maybe it was an imaginary air defense missile that intercepted it.

View Quote

Cotton is probably a direct translation for the Russian sland word for the post-explosion smoke cloud. "Arrival" is another strange word for "incoming".
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Cotton is sort of a code word used by the Ukrainians for explosions in Russian occupied territory.  

More info here:

https://ukrainian.stackexchange.com/questions/6983/what-is-the-meaning-of-%D0%B1%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BD%D0%B0-cotton-referring-to-explosions
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#6]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fxm7vv5WcAEKdcV?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

View Quote

Great map.
Though I would not put it past them to float something down the Dnipro
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#7]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxnTOrSXsAIpUAE?format=png&name=small
View Quote

Embarrassing is what that is. Goood
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:04:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stone-age] [#8]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

WOW! That graphic really shows how desperate the UA is for longer ranged weapons. Thank GOD for the Brits and many curses on stumbling mumbling joe for withholding this aid.
View Quote

I'd really like to know the particulars of how we decide what aid goes to Ukraine. Biden isn't a king, he can't just decide to start sending stuff on his own. Our country was set up specifically to prevent that. The process is supposed to be hard to get anything done. Lots of different people have to agree. And also beyond that, I'm sure there are people in governments in Europe who are either against us helping Ukraine because they are russian sympathizers, or they are still afraid of this turning into nuclear ww3.
Perhaps the process would go easier if it wasn't for people on the right screaming against helping Ukraine.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#9]
video in tweet.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#10]

I'm sorry about your dad. Mine is somewhat similar but in a different way...listening to Russian propaganda via Hungarian news outlets.

But I'm confused by your statement about "Trumpism". Trump wanted to control immigration and have our crooked NATO allies contribute their fare share and not suck Putin's cock for oil and gas. If that was "hyper-polarizing" you must really be pissed at Zelensky and Ukraine in general. This whole war has proven EVERYTHING Trump was saying as correct.

It was the commie asshole democrats that accused Trump of everything they were actively doing, fabricating fake dossiers and letters signed by 51 crooks, then destroyed the last semblance of a fair election with their covid fascism that turned America against itself. You are blaming Trump because the demo-commies destroyed America in their attempts to destroy Trump? Feel free to hate trump but dont blame him for all the shit the demo-commies did to America. And dont be too upset with your dad for being a little sinical.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

My dad was one of the more unpleasant shocks I’ve had.  The subject of Ukraine kinda came up by accident a few months ago.  I expected his attitude to be basically “whatever, not our business.”  Which would be pretty much in keeping with his politics and at least understandable.
Instead, some things that stuck out:  “Zelensky’s an IDIOT.”  “He’s over here BEGGING.”  “Ukraine’s going to be destroyed!”  The most disturbing thing to me is that he sounded almost eager for the last statement to be true.
I was stunned.  He couldn't or wouldn't address why Zelensky was an idiot and was vague about why he believed the rest, except that, essentially, Ukraine had helped Biden/hurt Trump.  I told him that Ukraine wasn’t going to be destroyed and Russia had already taken massive losses and was headed for collapse.  I was pretty angry and figured it wasn’t a good idea to turn it into a long argument.
Where is it coming from?  Based on his history, Trump, and the political “in” that Trumpism gave to our foreign enemies.  Hyper-polarization (probably driven by foreign influencers) has convinced a chunk of Americans that other Americans are their literal enemies, and whoever is the enemy of our domestic political “enemies” is our friend.  My dad’s very intelligent, but IMO has wholeheartedly swallowed Trumpism and the influencers that surround it.  We’ve gotten into it a few times over that previously.  I couldn’t get out of him exactly where he was picking these things up.  I doubt anything will change for him at this point.
My mom and stepdad not nearly so much.  Both have to some degree swallowed Trumpism, and are still, IMO, somewhat ambiguous about Ukraine because of the perception “they helped Biden and hurt Trump.”  But they both remember Russia is the enemy and think the invasion is wrong, and hope Russia is defeated.

I'm sorry about your dad. Mine is somewhat similar but in a different way...listening to Russian propaganda via Hungarian news outlets.

But I'm confused by your statement about "Trumpism". Trump wanted to control immigration and have our crooked NATO allies contribute their fare share and not suck Putin's cock for oil and gas. If that was "hyper-polarizing" you must really be pissed at Zelensky and Ukraine in general. This whole war has proven EVERYTHING Trump was saying as correct.

It was the commie asshole democrats that accused Trump of everything they were actively doing, fabricating fake dossiers and letters signed by 51 crooks, then destroyed the last semblance of a fair election with their covid fascism that turned America against itself. You are blaming Trump because the demo-commies destroyed America in their attempts to destroy Trump? Feel free to hate trump but dont blame him for all the shit the demo-commies did to America. And dont be too upset with your dad for being a little sinical.

Great post but why do you spell "cynical" that way?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Did it?

I didn't hear or see about it ...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
Whatever happened to all the Baykar drones Ukraine was using?

Have not seen them mentioned for awhile

A lot got shot down

Did it?

I didn't hear or see about it ...

Oryx has documented 19 losses. They get posted here off and on.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#12]
In Shebekino "a blue fire swept" 😈

The video shows the result of the concentration of enemy troops in the city. We move on.
Russia will be free!

"L"
For Russia! For freedom!

https://t.me/legionoffreedom/840

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#14]

I'd really like to know the particulars of how we decide what aid goes to Ukraine. Biden isn't a king, he can't just decide to start sending stuff on his own. Our country was set up specifically to prevent that. The process is supposed to be hard to get anything done. Lots of different people have to agree. And also beyond that, I'm sure there are people in governments in Europe who are either against us helping Ukraine because they are russian sympathizers, or they are still afraid of this turning into nuclear ww3.
Perhaps the process would go easier if it wasn't for people on the right screaming against helping Ukraine.
View Quote

Lots of people do have to agree. Unfortunately the current group of people are a motley collection of pacifists, defeatists, anti-military activists, and anti-American revolutionaries, all "led" by a senile weakling whose claim to fame is being the only person against the Bin Ladin raid... I'm surprised they havnt tried to surrender to Russia yet. Probably the main motivation for sending any aid to Ukraine is their resentment of Russia for failing world communism and embracing fascism since Putin.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

Great post but why do you spell "cynical" that way?
View Quote

I cannot spell (or type) and I guess my spellcheck got too overworked.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:33:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#16]
Spook’s TG

Good morning all, @bigSAC10 has officially taken the reigns on this from me. It has been an absolute honor and I trust them fully with continuing this project. 1 year of this and I’ve officially retired. I’ll still sit back and enjoy a cold boy from time to time. Hope you all are well. 👻
https://t.me/spook_boys/4830

https://twitter.com/bigsac10/status/1664622254200705027
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Spook’s TG

Good morning all, @bigSAC10 has officially taken the reigns on this from me. It has been an absolute honor and I trust them fully with continuing this project. 1 year of this and I’ve officially retired. I’ll still sit back and enjoy a cold boy from time to time. Hope you all are well. 👻
https://t.me/spook_boys/4830

https://twitter.com/bigsac10/status/1664622254200705027
View Quote

I always thought bigSAC was the closest thing to spook on Twitter.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Yeah...now that the long range cherry has been broken, I don't understand why Biden is still reluctant to provide the U.S. version.

Time for ATACMS and other weapons to help level the playing field.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
A good video on the T55. A great laugh starting at 6:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTIoqVjWIXc
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

Yeah...now that the long range cherry has been broken, I don't understand why Biden is still reluctant to provide the U.S. version.

View Quote

My thought is still that the primary goal of the US isn't Ukrainian defense but to 'boil the bear' and deplete Russia's conventional military.

Storm Shadow pushes Russia harder, but not a rapid end to the war due to limited numbers.

ATACMS in quantity would allow Ukraine to methodically dismantle Russia's entire combat support infrastructure to a depth that makes pushing things out of range completely impractical. It would break Russia's ability to defend the territory they occupy, which is why it hasn't happened yet.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#21]
As if it weren’t hard enough to figure out names of places, Dugin doesn’t care enough to learn the right name for Shebekino and the Ukrainians have hand waved a name change to commemorate it.

Will not help domestic perception.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

"Cotton" is a byproduct of robotranslation.

The Russians have(or had) a habit of using certain words to affect people's perception of certain events. Instead of saying detonation or explosion they'd say clap(as in thunderclap, not the STD) with smoke. In Russian language, clap and cotton are written identically but pronounced differently. A robotranslator would often translate clap as cotton, so it became common among Ukrainians to say jokingly,for example, there was a big cotton yesterday in Donetsk.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#23]
We can identify with this.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

The Russians have(or had) a habit of using certain words to affect people's perception of certain events. Instead of saying detonation or explosion they'd say clap(as in thunderclap, not the STD) with smoke. In Russian language, clap and cotton are written identically but pronounced differently. A robotranslator would often translate clap as cotton, so it became common among Ukrainians to say jokingly,for example, there was a big cotton yesterday in Donetsk.

View All Quotes

thank you
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
A good video on the T55. A great laugh starting at 6:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTIoqVjWIXc
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#26]

https://www.m24.ru/news/bezopasnost/02062023/584062
https://www.m24.ru/news/politika/21122022/534010
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#27]

"Now the Belarusian borscht resembles Russian borscht, you are in the captivity of a tyrant and a bunker grandfather," Ukrainian border guards answered the Belarusians.
WARSHALL

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Yesterday when talking to the press, Zelensky said there might be a “knockout” because of this.

In Kyiv, a decision was made on 24-hour access to shelters, Mayor Klitschko.

"1.2 billion hryvnias were allocated from the city budget for the construction of shelters. These funds, I emphasize, were and are being managed by the city's regional government. Heads of districts are responsible. To date, the implementation and use of funds is extremely unsatisfactory."

"This is absolutely no excuse for anyone. It is clear that the responsibility is shared. All services are mine as the mayor of the city.
But I also want to remind you that the heads of the capital's districts are appointed by the president at the request of the government. The mayor of the capital can not only fire the head of the district, but even reprimand him!"

"I want to appeal to the residents of the capital. The enemy is now shelling the capital with ballistic missiles. When the alarm can sound in a matter of minutes. If you understand that you will not reach shelter so quickly, follow the rule of two walls in the house."

"And a little information: out of 10 heads of districts, 9 of us have representatives from "Servant of the People". The head of the Kyiv City Military Administration is appointed by the Office of the President. This is about joint and fair responsibility."

https://t.me/thewarshal/15812
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#29]
lol, now the Russians want their own HIMARS.

▪️Apparently, the new MLRS will be developed on the basis of the "Kama" project (photo) . Its main advantages will be extremely high mobility, automation of the FCS, which will significantly shorten the process from obtaining data on the target to the moment of launch, increased armor protection and the effective range of the missile itself .

▪️ Russian experts believe that the prospective weapon will use projectiles that are being developed for the 300mm "Tornado-S" MLRS
These are projectiles that will be characterized by high precision. Ground targets will be guided by a combination of inertial and satellite guidance .
  The effective range of this system is kept as a military secret, but it is estimated that it will not be less than 150 km. The first prototype of the MLRS "Kama-M" (or as it is sometimes called "Sarma") can be expected by the end of this year
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#30]

"Now the Belarusian borscht resembles Russian borscht, you are in the captivity of a tyrant and a bunker grandfather," Ukrainian border guards answered the Belarusians.
WARSHALL

View Quote

10 years from now when this is all behind us they can have weekly borscht cookoffs at the border kinda like the bird dance at the Pakistan/Indian border.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Europe needs to do a deep dive into Orban’s finances.  His loyalty to Putin probably isn’t just ideological.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Oh my!  He is so concerned over a Ukrainian lives!!  I can tell he is super duper wow sincere. Orban quit digging his diplomatic hole with a shovel and has brought in a 10 yd excavator!  Double nut guzzler.

The comments on this tweet are hilarious!!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1190-2837392.jpg

More details:
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/06/2/7404956/

And in a country whose population is only a small part of the population of the opposing side, to launch a major military offensive in such conditions means staging a bloody war. We must do everything possible, even before the counter-offensive, to convince the parties of the need for a ceasefire and peace negotiations," said the head of the Hungarian government.
In addition, as is his wont, Orbán complained that it is difficult for him to be the only prime minister in the EU who stands for peace, but he said, "If you are Hungarian, you have to stand up for what is right".
Orbán also said that as long as he is in power, Hungary will not go to war with Russia.

Europe needs to do a deep dive into Orban’s finances.  His loyalty to Putin probably isn’t just ideological.

Yeah it seems to go way beyond nukes plants. This is falling on his sword loyalty.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#32]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_3135-2837632.jpg

View Quote

Sounds a whole lot like Hitler's paper divisions.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#33]
lol, now the Russians want their own HIMARS.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxjUaY7XwBMjtQ8?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxjUaY0WwAAJd9f?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

"High precision" meaning it hits the ground 100% of the time, hits the right oblast 100% of the time, hits any oblast 100%, other?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Too bad that would involve them running long enough to make it to the front.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Sure wish we could see the T-14 Armata used in combat before this is over.  Would be awesome to see one captured lol

Too bad that would involve them running long enough to make it to the front.

🤣 might need a farm tractor to pull it into position as fixed artillery! Stronk!
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#35]

I agree with Orban on so many things but what the heck is he still thinking ... my only bet is that he received a sweet deal on the backend of things from the Ruskies ... along with his closest admin officials like the FM ... or ... he is playing "a double agent" ... because anything else has 0% interest for the Hungarian people ...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Oh my!  He is so concerned over a Ukrainian lives!!  I can tell he is super duper wow sincere. Orban quit digging his diplomatic hole with a shovel and has brought in a 10 yd excavator!  Double nut guzzler.

The comments on this tweet are hilarious!!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1190-2837392.jpg

More details:
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/06/2/7404956/

And in a country whose population is only a small part of the population of the opposing side, to launch a major military offensive in such conditions means staging a bloody war. We must do everything possible, even before the counter-offensive, to convince the parties of the need for a ceasefire and peace negotiations," said the head of the Hungarian government.
In addition, as is his wont, Orbán complained that it is difficult for him to be the only prime minister in the EU who stands for peace, but he said, "If you are Hungarian, you have to stand up for what is right".
Orbán also said that as long as he is in power, Hungary will not go to war with Russia.

I agree with Orban on so many things but what the heck is he still thinking ... my only bet is that he received a sweet deal on the backend of things from the Ruskies ... along with his closest admin officials like the FM ... or ... he is playing "a double agent" ... because anything else has 0% interest for the Hungarian people ...

It is very sad to see. The v4 was gaining steam and Poland was copying much of Hungary’s domestic policy. But Orban’s enthusiastic, and lonely, allegiance to Putin has burnt that down. Probably salvageable if Orban would quit cheerleading.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#36]

https://twitter.com/FunkerActual/status/1664663235243409411
Vid, "Freedom of Russia Legion reportedly fighting in/near Novaya Tavolzhanka, Russia. Recent (early June, 2023)
"
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:29:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charging_Handle] [#37]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_3135-2837632.jpg

View Quote

L-O-fucking-L! They can't staff, equip or support their current formations. Now we are supposed to believe they are going to add entire armies to this force structure this year? C'mon Russia, at least try to make your bullshit seem within the realm of possible if you wish to be taken seriously.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Blinken stole the “2nd strongest IN UKRAINE” joke.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#39]

We publish a request from the editors of RIA "New Day" and the answer:
Dear Evgeny Viktorovich, Hello.
On May 20, you announced that Wagner PMC units were going to the rear areas. What is the situation on June 2? Did the units leave Artemovsk? Were there any incidents or provocations on the part of the Armed Forces of Ukraine? Thank you.

We publish a comment by Evgeny Prigozhin:
“At the moment, on June 2, almost all 99% of the Wagner PMC units left Bakhmut. All positions have been handed over to the Ministry of Defense in due course. No questions, no comments.
As for provocations. As of today, there are no provocations against us from the side of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, however, it should be noted that surprises were waiting for us from the other side. Shortly before our departure, we detected suspicious activity along our route. As part of the discovery of this suspicious activity, we called law enforcement and began to investigate our exit routes along the roads. We found about a dozen places where various explosive devices were placed, ranging from hundreds of anti-tank mines to tons of plastid - a charge from the so-called "Serpent Gorynych". All this was under control, while we carried out investigative actions, again together with law enforcement agencies, in order to document everything. Investigations and investigations are underway. Those who planted these charges were representatives of the Ministry of Defense. When asked why you did it, they point their fingers up. Questions are not yet answered. These charges did not need to be stacked in order to contain the enemy, since it is located in the rear zone. Therefore, it can be assumed that they wanted to meet the advancing units of the Wagner PMC with these charges, although we do not walk in columns.
As a matter of fact, that's it. Everything is safe and sound. No harm done. What was it? We assume that this was an attempt at public flogging.
Thank you".

https://t.me/Prigozhin_hat/3564

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

You're an invaluable asset to this thread.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

They intercepted the storm shadow with the target.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Azov on RHIBs

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:05:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#43]
Azov on RHIBs

View Quote

GD they’re awesome. They have our kinda taste.

Now go get some
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#44]

People brought flowers, toys, sweets and letters to the place of death of 3 people in Kyiv. On one sheet, a girl is drawn with a balloon in the form of the number 10.

"Vika, I know that this (10th anniversary) will not happen, but I believe that you will be happy there," the signed picture...

📷 Olena Lytvynenko

https://t.me/newspn/57466
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

View Quote

the US version of storm shadow is Jassam
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#46]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fxm4jCWWAAIz0wy?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fxm4QOBX0AEV0Qt?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fxm4EagXgAEwz5u?format=jpg&name=large

People brought flowers, toys, sweets and letters to the place of death of 3 people in Kyiv. On one sheet, a girl is drawn with a balloon in the form of the number 10.

"Vika, I know that this (10th anniversary) will not happen, but I believe that you will be happy there," the signed picture...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_3136-2837744.jpg

📷 Olena Lytvynenko

View Quote

Man that hit me in the gut. Someone is cutting onions in here...
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fxm4jCWWAAIz0wy?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fxm4QOBX0AEV0Qt?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fxm4EagXgAEwz5u?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_3136-2837744.jpg

📷 Olena Lytvynenko

+1, so very sad to see.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Putin''s Gamble: Why Russia Spent So Much on Bakhmut
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Twitter thread on DPR failing to compensate families of troops used as meat by the Russians.

Citizens of the puppet 'Donetsk People's Republic' (DNR) are complaining en masse that they are not being paid their promised compensation for deaths and injuries caused to local residents by the war. The DNR itself admits that it owes more than 38 billion rubles ($467m).

Relatives and soldiers of the DNR's armed forces – which have been decimated due to being used as so-called 'meat waves' against Ukrainian positions – have been posting numerous videos complaining about the lack of compensation payments and appealing to Putin for help.

In one video, a wife says: "Starting from September 2022, funding for lump-sum compensation for wounded and killed DNR servicemen for 2022 was terminated. We submitted documents to the commission of the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy of the DNR.

"There are a lot of us. We applied to all authorities. From the presidential administration to the Prosecutor General's Office of the Russian Federation.

"All our appeals are forwarded to the government of the DNR, which redirects them to the Ministry of Labour, and the answers come from there that there is no funding. We write to the deputies and there are no results."

According to the wife of one wounded soldier, his unit "collected all the necessary documents promptly, the medical examiner issued a conclusion of a severe injury.

"In November we submitted all the documents for payment, and for seven months there have been no payments, the allowance during treatment is 30,000 rubles ($371). The answer is the same, there is no funding."

People seeking compensation have complained to the DNR state prosecutor's office, which admitted that an audit had "established the fact of lack of funding for this type of payment, which requires an amount of more than 38 billion rubles."

It's very unlikely that the DNR will be able to pay the sums it owes, as its finances are precarious, its economy is a mess and it's kept afloat only by Russian government funding.

The Russian government has shown little concern previously for the welfare of DNR soldiers and their families, so there seems to be little likelihood that the relatives' video appeals will achieve much.
View Quote

Gee, it's almost as if Russia never actually gave a shit about the "DPR" and "LPR," and instead just viewed them as being tools to destabilize its neighbor.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
Twitter thread on DPR failing to compensate families of troops used as meat by the Russians.

Gee, it's almost as if Russia never actually gave a shit about the "DPR" and "LPR," and instead just viewed them as being tools to destabilize its neighbor.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Citizens of the puppet 'Donetsk People's Republic' (DNR) are complaining en masse that they are not being paid their promised compensation for deaths and injuries caused to local residents by the war. The DNR itself admits that it owes more than 38 billion rubles ($467m).

Relatives and soldiers of the DNR's armed forces   which have been decimated due to being used as so-called 'meat waves' against Ukrainian positions   have been posting numerous videos complaining about the lack of compensation payments and appealing to Putin for help.

In one video, a wife says: "Starting from September 2022, funding for lump-sum compensation for wounded and killed DNR servicemen for 2022 was terminated. We submitted documents to the commission of the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy of the DNR.

"There are a lot of us. We applied to all authorities. From the presidential administration to the Prosecutor General's Office of the Russian Federation.

"All our appeals are forwarded to the government of the DNR, which redirects them to the Ministry of Labour, and the answers come from there that there is no funding. We write to the deputies and there are no results."

According to the wife of one wounded soldier, his unit "collected all the necessary documents promptly, the medical examiner issued a conclusion of a severe injury.

"In November we submitted all the documents for payment, and for seven months there have been no payments, the allowance during treatment is 30,000 rubles ($371). The answer is the same, there is no funding."

People seeking compensation have complained to the DNR state prosecutor's office, which admitted that an audit had "established the fact of lack of funding for this type of payment, which requires an amount of more than 38 billion rubles."

It's very unlikely that the DNR will be able to pay the sums it owes, as its finances are precarious, its economy is a mess and it's kept afloat only by Russian government funding.

The Russian government has shown little concern previously for the welfare of DNR soldiers and their families, so there seems to be little likelihood that the relatives' video appeals will achieve much.

Why is it that if a country or area is labeled the "People's Republic of X" it's always shit?

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4151 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top