Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4408 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 11:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

That proves they are concerned that Russia will blow the plant
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Constant Phoenix now forward in Europe. Reported yesterday.

That proves they are concerned that Russia will blow the plant

They fly to get baselines all the time.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:00:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Nooooooooo! Not the T V plaque!
View Quote
I figured you would get the joke
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:01:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By j_hooker:
I can’t put my finger on it, but I feel the air has changed in UA in regards to Russia’s occupation.  I sense that in the next month or this summer, Russia is going to start a withdrawal, except in Crimea.
View Quote

Legally, they can't do that. Russian law, that is, explicitly codified in their constitution. The annexed territories are now legally Russian Federation sovereign territory, as far as they're concerned. Militarily, I agree that they can't sustain their occupation in the face of continued effective Ukrainian counterattacks. But the first Russian leaders to publicly call for withdrawal are going to be crucified in Russian public opinion and media.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

https://i.postimg.cc/FzPxzFv6/flork-popcorn.png
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:25:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Legally, they can't do that. Russian law, that is, explicitly codified in their constitution. The annexed territories are now legally Russian Federation sovereign territory, as far as they're concerned. Militarily, I agree that they can't sustain their occupation in the face of continued effective Ukrainian counterattacks. But the first Russian leaders to publicly call for withdrawal are going to be crucified in Russian public opinion and media.
View All Quotes
I can’t put my finger on it, but I feel the air has changed in UA in regards to Russia’s occupation.  I sense that in the next month or this summer, Russia is going to start a withdrawal, except in Crimea.

Burning the ships only works if you win. If not, it’s into the soup for you!
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:29:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:34:09 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Legally PMCs are against their constitution, yet Wagner.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:44:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Can Russia even withdraw from Kherson and Zap without compromising their position in Crimea?
View Quote

All of those withdrawn troops manning a much shortened line in Crimea would make it very, very hard to penetrate. It would be a stalemate but a Ukrainian victory.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:45:17 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Tag me in that thread! I want to see it. I love the florks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:55:45 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:
If I were to start a flork thread would y'all post what you got? They are hilarious!

I wish you could filter a thread down to just the images. Sometimes I come to this thread just for the memes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:56:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1Andy2] [#11]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

All of those withdrawn troops manning a much shortened line in Crimea would make it very, very hard to penetrate. It would be a stalemate but a Ukrainian victory.
View Quote

Right but... all the men in the world won't matter if they can't get ammo, food, medicine, etc...

Russia can't protect the kerch strait connection.   If they lose the land bridge, Crimea loses logistical connection to the rest of Russia, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:09:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: j_hooker] [#12]

Right but... all the men in the world won't matter if they can't get ammo, food, medicine, etc...

Russia can't protect the kerch strait connection.   If they lose the land bridge, Crimea loses logistical connection to the rest of Russia, doesn't it?
View All Quotes

Good point. Could be done as a dreaded compromise on UA’s part.  
“Listen, withdraw to Crimea, let us in right now, and disarm the Nuke plant on good faith.”

It bothers me saying to give up Crimea, but the sooner UA can rebuild, save fighting men and civilian women and children, the better it can come back in strength.
A nuclear wasteland from the nuclear plant, the breadbasket of Europe contaminated, and more death is a terrible option when compared to the option above.

Just no easy terms in this shit show  
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:13:02 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
So theyd have JDAMs, MLRS, SRBM's, cruise missiles, 155mm, and just about everything else rained down on them in a VERY small area.  It would be like Verdun.. only the Russians wouldnt be saying 'they shall not pass' but 'wheres the vodka gone.'
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:23:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Good point. Could be done as a dreaded compromise on UA’d part.  
“Listen, withdraw to Crimea, let us in right now, and disarm the Nuke plant on good faith.”

It bothers me saying to give up Crimea, but the sooner UA can rebuild, save fighting men and civilian women and children, the better it can come back in strength.
A nuclear wasteland from the nuclear plant, the breadbasket of Europe contaminated, and more death is a terrible option when compared to the option above.

Just no easy terms in this shit show  
View Quote

Russia has shown Ukraine exactly why they can't end the war without retaking Crimea.   Russia is all too willing to use it both as a staging point for future invasions as well a means of isolating Ukraine from the sea.

Rather than negotiating away Crimea, we should be arming Ukraine with enough long range ASMs to start threatening the existence of the Russian black sea fleet.   Crimea won't do Russia too much good as leverage against Ukrainian sea commerce if Russia no longer possesses any ships in the Black Sea with which to threaten them.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:30:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
So theyd have JDAMs, MLRS, SRBM's, cruise missiles, 155mm, and just about everything else rained down on them in a VERY small area.  It would be like Verdun.. only the Russians wouldnt be saying 'they shall not pass' but 'wheres the vodka gone.'
View Quote

The amount of troops in the area would be a lot higher and the fortifications have been there since 2014.

I don't want to imagine the human cost to liberate Crimea.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:39:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#16]

View All Quotes

Yep. If they can get to the Azov sea they control everything. They can lock Russia navy back into Rostov by commanding the entire Azov. They can also strike the Kerch straits and bridge. That would mean no ships to Crimea, no trains and no trucks. Mariupol would be a golden ticket to total victory. That’s why Russia spent 2-3 months obliterating any resistance there.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:44:19 AM EDT
[#17]

The amount of troops in the area would be a lot higher and the fortifications have been there since 2014.

View Quote

Starve their asses out. They will give up pretty quick.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:48:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Russia is weakening in its artillery. Even with reinforcements pulled from other areas it cannot hold back US around Bakhmut.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:51:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#19]

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:53:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:56:01 AM EDT
[#21]
While Milley sits on the pot “thinking about” ATACMS and cluster munitions, Russia continues to rain down burning magnesium or clusters at will.  
Milley at his Pentagon “think tank”

Russia being asshoe
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:56:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Shadyman:

If the US and NATO would give the Ukrainian military what it’s been asking for to hit way behind the Russian lines, this war will be over quite soon. But for some reason the Biden administration is scared.
View All Quotes

If the US and NATO would give the Ukrainian military what it’s been asking for to hit way behind the Russian lines, this war will be over quite soon. But for some reason the Biden administration is scared.

Scared or they don't care to have Ukraine really win.

I wouldn't doubt they have no interest in having it end, and they're slow walking the aid just to appear they're doing something.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:56:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:57:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:02:53 AM EDT
[#25]
The West should be warned: if UA loses, Russia will have all those Ukrainians added to their forces to be meat bags to Attack Moldova, Romania, Poland, Finland and the Baltics. For a start.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:05:35 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Seems like using men would be the bad way to do it.  Lets say they clear 'mainland' Ukraine and take all of that back: That would mean ADA could be moved up along with all sorts of other systems.
GMLRS would be able to hit basically anything in Crimea. Guided 155mm would be able to hit somewhere in the middle of it.  So on and so forth. The Kerch Straight Bridge would be in range from the whole Eastern coast.  

They wouldnt necessarily NEED to take Crimea by force.  They have much of the capability needed to make that high defensive concentration a veritable hell not seen the whole war. Imagine all that tube artillery, HIMARS, M270, etc spread out along the Donetsk, Zap, and Kherson line ALL concentrated yet constantly moving. It would be a return to the drum beat artillery but only really for one side.

With the systems the UKR has online, is going to have online shortly, Crimea can be made a horribly untenable position with no need to push the attack. Throw ordnance at them from range.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:07:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#27]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

I wouldn't doubt they have no interest in having it end, and they're slow walking the aid just to appear they're doing something.

View All Quotes

Biden for sure. Someone will have to kick that bastard in his tiny nuts to get him moving.

As a thought exercise it would be interesting for Zelensky to run a simulation of what happens if he just says Fuck it, If you guys in the west just want to watch us bleed slowly plugging the breach to Europe, let’s war game what happens if we call it a day, embrace our Russian overlords and get drafted into the RuAF.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:34:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:38:14 AM EDT
[#29]

The picture is in russian.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:40:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#30]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:44:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

I have a hammer and a few punches in there. I will pick up a socket set, torque wrench, and a few more things. They better have some tools! I'm on a budget as is. That and I need to be mobile. From what I was told it's a lot of maintenance, and some work on the turret systems. Dnipro isn't far if we need to get some things.
View Quote

Please let us know what we can send you  for tools.

I have quite a few, mostly quality American made and SAE, not metric.   I worked mostly on aircraft so my tools are small and precision made, not much help for working on tanks, if that is your job.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:48:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By GAU5-A-A:

Please let us know what we can send you  for tools.

I have quite a few, mostly quality American made and SAE, not metric.   I worked mostly on aircraft so my tools are small and precision made, not much help for working on tanks, if that is your job.
View Quote

I have stuff as well But probably cheaper to buy it there than to ship.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:10:24 AM EDT
[#33]
The problem today, thanks to the internet, is that it is all too easy to find confirming information on any theory idea or narrative one comes across. It’s nearly impossible to distinguish truth from propaganda if you don’t believe anything not coming from your preferred sources. Generally a belief is locked in early and only information enhancing that opinion is given weight. You can’t argue with someone that gets self validation from thinking they are in the know and everyone else is wrong.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:18:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#34]
Sure let’s watch this occupation and war drag on for “several years” Gen Milley you fucktard. Still “thinking about it” General?

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:26:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#35]
Continued progress in Bakhmut and the south but it ain’t easy. Hopefully those RuAF reserves moved to Bakhmut will create cracks or thin lines elsewhere for a breakthrough.

All those troops who died, were wounded or suffered through Bakhmut are doin the very dirty but necessary work of holding the bull by the nose so it can be bled out. Really an epic effort sustained for almost a year now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:32:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Good morning. Enjoy some Russian Media Monitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY-zTi_ZXtw

Simonyan says she suspected a plotted coup earlier this spring after a 40-minute conversation with Progozhin, so they shouldn't really have been surprised. She also says Russians are smarter and better educated than Americans. One guy says the big success from the thing was that Russians have rallied around their president and that Putin has widespread popular support. Somebody talks about striking western targets rather than waiting for us to deliver ATACMS or cluster munitions that Ukraine will use against Russia, and Simonyan points out that's a stupid idea that would cost them much of their remaining international support.
View Quote

These people really are retarded.

On a side note she looks exactly like a girl name Carrie I wanted to do but she dicked around and I ended up doing her friend instead, much to her dismay.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:33:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GTLandser] [#37]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

These are all very nice, very thoughtful questions, most of which I think will be answered in a few short weeks.

Let's play some Jeopardy, shall we?: "This very dense metal, when delivered from GMLRS rockets, is said to to lose very little velocity except against the most heavily armored targets; ALSO if you are above a 6 on the hotness scale and voluntarily carry a Russian passport, and don't have any other sources of income, this phrase and metal describes where you'll be putting your tongue for NATO pure entertainment purposes for the next 20 years"?

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:37:00 AM EDT
[#38]
In most countries the heads of national security agencies are expected to speak cautiously, not stir up conflict in public, be somewhat reserved. Medvedev is like Florida Man on bath salts mumbling jibberish and chewing on everyone’s face.
The US walks on egg shells to not offend or escalate “tensions” with Russia. We’re are a nation of pussies at times.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:40:10 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

They want it to escalate and draw in China.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:43:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jozsi] [#40]
I'm seeing a gradual shift in the Hungarian right wing news talking about the war.
-Ukraine can win
-Navalny needs to be released
-Orcs can't hide from its incredible losses.
-The counter-offensive is working
-Orcs are losing a ton of equipment
-THE victims this and the victims that.
No more right wing bullshit conspiracy theories on NATO and biolabs.

I was curious if any other neutralish countries news organizations are saying the same thing.

Apparently reading the Swiss setups, they are also saying the same thing as the Hungarian news orgs.

My feelings is that during the NATO summit, something is going to happen.

Before all of this, it was a neutralish bullshit saying ohh Ukraine gained ..Orcs are stronger and canned sunshine is close.

Now it's all Ukraine strong ..Ape 💪 United...blah blah blah.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:02:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Attachment Attached File

On August 18, 1941, during the retreat of Soviet troops, the NKVD blew up the Dnieper dam. As a result, historians estimate that between 20,000 and 100,000 Soviet soldiers and civilians died

(German picture)
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:27:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:39:13 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher15:

At the siege of Sevastopol 1941/42 it took 8 month and hundreds of thousands tons of artillery shells and bombs to grind the Soviets down.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:11:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#44]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

Who could have imagined 15 months ago that the "second most powerful military in the world" would lose thousands of dead and wounded taking a small Ukrainian city, and now are struggling to dislodge a group of soldiers occupying a bridgehead!

View All Quotes

Who could have imagined 15 months ago that the "second most powerful military in the world" would lose thousands of dead and wounded taking a small Ukrainian city, and now are struggling to dislodge a group of soldiers occupying a bridgehead!

Too be fair, most observers knew that Russia faired badly against Afghanistan, the Chechens, Germans (round 1 and 2), Japanese, British, and French.     The Myth is that Russia sometimes fights back like Rocky, occasionally clawing a victory from the jaws of defeat.   The small nuance which Russia forgets, is that in Three World Wars they were literally Saved by, Great Britain (assisted by Father Winter),
Then, Great Britain, and France, Then Great Britain and America.  

Of all the arrogant, ungrateful Nations, Russia is clearly the worst and most treacherous.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:30:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

Too be fair, most observers knew that Russia faired badly against Afghanistan, the Chechens, Germans (round 1 and 2), Japanese, British, and French.     The Myth is that Russia always fights back like Rocky, and occasionally claws a victory from the jaws of defeat.   The small nuance which Russia forgets, is that in Three World Wars they were literally Saved by, Great Britain (assisted by Father Winter),

Of all the arrogant, ungrateful Nations, Russia is clearly the worst and most treacherous.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

Too be fair, most observers knew that Russia faired badly against Afghanistan, the Chechens, Germans (round 1 and 2), Japanese, British, and French.     The Myth is that Russia always fights back like Rocky, and occasionally claws a victory from the jaws of defeat.   The small nuance which Russia forgets, is that in Three World Wars they were literally Saved by, Great Britain (assisted by Father Winter),

Lend lease kept Orckia from falling.

In every Orckish fake history show, they keep saying the allies did nothing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:36:23 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:14:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Shitheads with Patriot missiles.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:45:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Give serious thought to getting yourself an impact gun, and a wrist-saver (electric ratchet) in 1/2 inch size along with normal and deep-reach sockets. Yes, they might be a bit gucci, but if speed is a consideration, they bring that to the party. If it was me, I'd also be looking at ratcheting spanners to make my life easier too...

Also a big pry-bar and a big hammer to persuade things to move into position

The hodge-podge of equipment over there will likely see you needing both imperial and metric sizes for everything
View Quote

Battery powered impact guns work great and are obviously portable
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 7:41:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4408 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top