Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4869 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/15/2023 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

I was looking into Lada. It got its first boost by Fiat in the late 60s. WTF?? Then Renault helped modernize it again in like 2018. WTF?? Can’t we just let barbarians wallow in their own shit without constantly bailing them out???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Really unbelievable. Maybe a potato hold some deep spiritual meaning for Russians. But in the US such a poverty gift fir a soldiers death would be devastatingly insulting.
Well hey! $15 in potatoes is $15

But where's the Lada?

I was looking into Lada. It got its first boost by Fiat in the late 60s. WTF?? Then Renault helped modernize it again in like 2018. WTF?? Can’t we just let barbarians wallow in their own shit without constantly bailing them out???

If Fiat and Renault provided technical help, the resulting products aren't all that surprising.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]

But where's the Lada?
View Quote
Lada owners are an interesting bunch back in the Soviet Union days.  I remember the first time I saw an owner park his Lada, get out and remove the wipers and mirrors. Then lock them in the trunk. The KGB agent that was my guide stated that parts are hard to get, and they remove those to prevent theft.

The other interesting aspect I observed was the highways linking towns had concrete ramps install in rest areas. That was to allow Lada owners to repair their cars on the road.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

That would be awesome if it turns out to be true.  That would be a great defensive assist for those tanks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
There is a rumor I heard from a Hungarian army friend that Israel sent the new Raphael Trophy system to Ukraine for install on Leppards and possibly Abrams.

https://www.rafael.co.il/worlds/land/trophy-aps/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=trophy_gsn&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=gsn&gclid=CjwKCAjwgZCoBhBnEiwAz35RwuDUxkgYtMz0rfLgOz_b4L94LSe4QeAQvFFTxEsuV5oYSPfGmcjNpBoChJ8QAvD_BwE

His source is one of the IDF attaches for NATO.

That would be awesome if it turns out to be true.  That would be a great defensive assist for those tanks.

Real world data also.   Interested to see if they respond to all the little drone attacks and air dropped drone munitions.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:04:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DonKey153] [#4]

all that cowbell, they still got fucked off by a jon boat with delusions of grandeur
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Lada owners are an interesting bunch back in the Soviet Union days.  I remember the first time I saw an owner park his Lada, get out and remove the wipers and mirrors. Then lock them in the trunk. The KGB agent that was my guide stated that parts are hard to get, and they remove those to prevent theft.

The other interesting aspect I observed was the highways linking towns had concrete ramps install in rest areas. That was to allow Lada owners to repair their cars on the road.
View Quote
Mr. Bean would frequently remove the steering wheel from his Mini and take it with him. It thwarted a car thief in one episode.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:18:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#6]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
Mr. Bean would frequently remove the steering wheel from his Mini and take it with him. It thwarted a car thief in one episode.
View All Quotes

lol, I liked when the tank drove over his car.

Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Confirmed.

Hehe
View Quote

Really “neat” seeing the historical Russian power consolidation moves in these modern times.

Another crossed off the list. Who’s next?
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:27:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#8]
Nobody stops to check on her or to move her off the street.

NSFW, Russian fuel truck hit a woman in the crosswalk.

Another fatal road accident caused by a katsapna: in Luhansk, at the Shcherbakov intersection, a gasoline truck ran a red light and crushed a woman.

For Russians, Lugandon has become something like a Wild Field, where laws are not necessarily obeyed and human life is not even worth considering
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Wow, not a single fuck given.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#11]
High resolution images from yesterday's S-400 destruction.  May not have gotten the radar, but reports of multiple explosions in the area.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5_95g5WkAAtMOe?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5_-puoW4AEEJPl?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

If the radar unit was present it sure wasn’t very effective. It seems low level cruise missiles is not its forte, if it has one at all.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6DjwzLbIAA6HfC?format=jpg&name=large

Only about 200 missiles are made, with a 14km range.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/LMUR_305.jpg/640px-LMUR_305.jpg

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/is-russia-using-its-advanced-new-anti-armor-missile-in-ukraine

https://www.thedrive.com/uploads/2022/07/28/Russian-Missile-Ukraine.jpg?auto=webp&crop=16%3A9&auto=webp&optimize=high&quality=70&width=1920

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMUR

The LMUR's maximum range is 14.5 km, which is superior to that of the other Russian helicopter-launched ATGMs.[1] It has an optical/thermal imaging seeker.[7] It can be used in two different modes. In the first one, the target is marked by the operator before launch, and the carrier helicopter can turn away directly after the missile launch. In the second mode, the missile is launched without it being locked on a target. It first flies in its direction, using inertial guidance with satellite navigation providing corrections.

The image from the seeker is transmitted back to the helicopter via a datalink pod called the AS-BPLA (Аппаратура связи с беспилотным летательным аппаратом or communication equipment with an unmanned aerial vehicle). The operator can select the target and change it while the missile is flying towards its area. The LMUR is the first Russian ATGM capable of being used in this fashion.[1] This second mode of operation is the only one in which the missile can be used at its maximum range, due to the seeker's limitations. On the Mi-8MNP-2, the AS-BPLA datalink antenna is located in a fairing in the nose, which is also the case on a new variant of the Mi-28NE, shown at the 2021 Dubai Airshow (its location is used by the guidance antenna for the 9M120 Ataka missile on other Mi-28 versions). On the Ka-52M, it is situated under the left stub wing.[1]

Not to worry! Russia has top rocket scientists that can even reach the moon! Oh wait…he hasn’t answered any calls for the last few weeks…hello? Hello?
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
At this point, I have to regard the GLSDB as nothing more than vaporware. It was supposed to be ready a year ago. It still isn't ready. Will it ever be ready?
View Quote

GLSDB only existed on paper a year ago. It had never been put into production until it was ordered this spring. Not sure where you're imagining hearing it was "supposed" to have been ready before it was even ordered...
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:
WSJ article on hypersonic weapons.

Hypersonic Missiles Are Game-Changers, and America Doesn’t Have Them

Given how poorly Russian hypersonic missiles have performed in this war, I’m not sure how important they actually are.

Perhaps China actually has something that concerns us.
View Quote

Hypersonic missiles aren’t game changers.  If a missile can be seen on radar it can be shot down by modern systems.
Stealth is a game changer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

LoL

I still don't know how anyone on the right can support Russia with the list of countries that back them. Fricken mind boggling.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:10:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

LoL

I still don't know how anyone on the right can support Russia with the list of countries that back them. Fricken mind boggling.
View Quote

What, you mean to tell me North Korea, Iran, and Cuba aren't the good guys?

But they stand against the homoglobo and everything.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By GBTX01:

I am sure the RU is glad they have so many dry docks near by to make these annoying repairs...Oh wait...
View Quote

Welcome to Sevastopol Stronk Russian vessel. Please take a number and wait for you number to be called.

Hmmm number 12, not bad…

Attention, now serving number 843! 843 please proceed to dry dock.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#18]

I have no more excuses for them and will not vote in the next election for these fucktards.....I don't give two shits if my local representative is a hot shit in her 30's with nice titties.

It's over.

Fuck them....

View All Quotes
According to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Hungary, Péter Szijjártó, the whole world is suffering from the consequences of the war not because Russia attacked Ukraine, but because Europe globalized the conflict.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine believes that the EU should demand an explanation from Hungary why it spreads disinformation against the European Union in the interests of Russia.

I have no more excuses for them and will not vote in the next election for these fucktards.....I don't give two shits if my local representative is a hot shit in her 30's with nice titties.

It's over.

Fuck them....

Pics of your local representative?
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah it is amazing that Russia stubbornly sticks with using its best missiles against civilian targets. Can't imagine what the situation would be if those hundreds and thousands of missiles and larger drones had been focused on military targets.

As a recent article noted, wars are won by capturing cities. They are the economic, communications, political and transportation hubs. But you take them militarily not by attacking civilians in malls and apartments.
View Quote

I don't really know that russia has a choice.  Other than not attacking at all of course. Don't take this as me saying their attacking of civilian targets isn't evil.  It is.  It's evil.  

I'm saying just think of how many instances we have where russia has launched a major attack on an empty warehouse where Ukraine USED to store military equipment years ago.  russia had an old map that showed it as a military target so they hit it.  I think russian intelligence is blind.  Completely and totally blind. Ukraine rightly and properly repositioned and dispersed their military assets after the start of hostilities and russia doesn't have a clue how to find them. If they can't see them with an FPV drone or get coordinates from a traitor on the ground russia seems to have no way to locate and attack them.

So if you're evil enough you figure out that shopping malls, apartment complexes, hospitals and grade schools don't move and you have maps to locate them so you attack them instead.  I hope pooty boy burns in hell. Evil scum.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

GLSDB only existed on paper a year ago. It had never been put into production until it was ordered this spring. Not sure where you're imagining hearing it was "supposed" to have been ready before it was even ordered...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Circuits:
At this point, I have to regard the GLSDB as nothing more than vaporware. It was supposed to be ready a year ago. It still isn't ready. Will it ever be ready?

I am pretty sure it will arrive, Boeing and Saab said they would have put enough together  by fall this year, so October still seems reasonable for it to arrive.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#21]
A new report says Estonia gave Ukraine advanced warning of russia’s airborne assault on Hostomel airport last year.

The intelligence helped Ukraine reposition its defences in time and thwart russia’s ‘elite’ troops in the pivotal battle to prevent the fall of Kyiv.

Estonian military intelligence has a track record here. In 2014, it also picked up russia’s invasion of Crimea in advance to issue warnings. In Spring 2022, it was already noticing unusual movements of russian troops being prepared for an attack on Ukraine.

The airborne assault on Hostomel was launched from Pskov near the Estonian border using units whose primary role until then was to threaten the Baltic countries, hence it wouldn’t be a surprise that the Baltics had good eyes on them.

During those key hours early in russia’s full scale war, the report claims details of the airborne assault was briefed to Ukraine before the planes had taken off.

Had Hostomel fallen, the invaders could have established an air bridge to capture Kyiv. Had Kyiv fallen, Ukraine could have been rapidly decapitated and subjected to a far larger scale genocide before the country was consumed and weaponised by russia in a larger war against the world.

In this rare interview with Margo Grosberg, outgoing chief of Estonia’s military intelligence, he won’t confirm or deny the story but gives plenty of other valuable insights, while criticising the collective West for the slow pace of arms to help Ukraine. There are no red lines for which russia is waiting to escalate, he points out. Only responding with strength will de-escalate russian aggression.

Take note, Musk - and others with perpetually bad takes. These are the people who actually saw russia’s war coming and did prevent a major escalation of it.

Great reporting from
@holger_r
& Eero Epner.
https://vsquare.org/how-estonias-military-intelligence-secretly-helped-ukraine/

View Quote

Good info.

I think the whole “red lines” and nuclear escalation is one of Russia’s most successful and effective psyops. They literally have western leaders hobbling themselves over vapors.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

The drone dive bombing tactic seems to be rare but they can get results.  Pretty neat to watch.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#23]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6ERXNMXsAAAEj0?format=png&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6ERXbWWAAEBEGp?format=png&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6ERXxuWQAAuXBa?format=png&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6ESEtNWEAA4lh9?format=png&name=small
View All Quotes

We've actually heard these things many times before but it is curious to hear this from a top-level official who decided to share this over 3 months after the start of the CO, indicating that things are worsening.

Also frequent guest on Solovyov.
I wonder what he means when he says “created conditions that make it impossible to use our anti-tank helicopters.”
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:27:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#24]
View Quote

I agree with this and said so like a year ago.  Russian cruise missiles have been skirting or even overflying neutrals since the beginning.  It would be very easy, reasonable, and within the bounds of neutrality to say “we will shoot down missiles approaching within “x” of our border.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I hope this is really just playing head games, and stuff will just start exploding everywhere on the Russian lines.

https://www.wsj.com/world/europe/ukraine-closer-to-acquiring-atacms-long-range-missiles-from-u-s-this-fall-a2ea92b?st=otc83ht1mmdcebk

So ATACMS might be ready sooner:

View All Quotes
I hope this is really just playing head games, and stuff will just start exploding everywhere on the Russian lines.

https://www.wsj.com/world/europe/ukraine-closer-to-acquiring-atacms-long-range-missiles-from-u-s-this-fall-a2ea92b?st=otc83ht1mmdcebk

So ATACMS might be ready sooner:
Russia has also cautioned Washington that providing longer-range missiles could cross a “red line,” spurring fears in some quarters about the risk that the conflict in Ukraine could escalate into a clash between Moscow and Washington.

Yet several factors, U.S. officials say, have prompted the Biden administration to give fresh consideration to providing the missile.

Plans under review within the administration call for providing a limited number of the missiles, which could ease Pentagon concerns about eating deeply into U.S. stocks, officials said.

Another long-range system the U.S. has said it would provide, the ground-launched small-diameter bomb with a range of about 90 miles, is months away from being transferred, officials said.

Months away…

Just like the primaries and run up to election.

Somebody “grown up” needs to inform Jake Sullivan he does not have a control knob to fine tune the status of the war. Ukraine and other players with skin in the game can and will take action regardless of Jake’s tuning knob. This has all the rancid smell of the Afghanistan Run for Your Life strategy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Someone aught to let little Kim that his actions legitimatize unprovoked attacks on his own sovereign Country
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Things are hard..."because Europe globalized the conflict"....WTF does that mean? Sanctions? Scouring the globe looking for weapons and ammo for Ukraine? Coming to the aid of Ukraine? Any comment of fucking Russian invading neighbors again? Is that even just a little "bad"?

Should NATO just ignore this level of aggression and threat approaching from Russia? What should NATO have done in response? Harsh language? I'm very sorry that Hungary has high gas and oil prices but I will not let the world become a Russian dominated hellscape.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

It's over.

Fuck them....

Things are hard..."because Europe globalized the conflict"....WTF does that mean? Sanctions? Scouring the globe looking for weapons and ammo for Ukraine? Coming to the aid of Ukraine? Any comment of fucking Russian invading neighbors again? Is that even just a little "bad"?

Should NATO just ignore this level of aggression and threat approaching from Russia? What should NATO have done in response? Harsh language? I'm very sorry that Hungary has high gas and oil prices but I will not let the world become a Russian dominated hellscape.

So Russia has expanded the war to the Far East now with China and Norkia. Seems like ESCALATION. 😂
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

Nothing a little paint and duct tape won't fix.

"Minor damage"
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6EGR-0XYAAlRdL?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6EGR-zXQAEfoH7?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6Cy6pzXsAA7Yti?format=jpg&name=medium

Nothing a little paint and duct tape won't fix.

"Minor damage"

Maybe issue the crew dive masks and scuba tanks and it can be like a really big SEAL transport submersible?
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#30]

I really like that "coral reef" camo pattern. It will blend in well...
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Confirmed.

Hehe
View Quote

I guess all that gushing “I love Putin long time” right after Prigozhin’s March for Life didn’t phase Vlad the Bad.

He should have thrown in some Belarusian SF dance moves?
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Hypersonic missiles aren’t game changers.  If a missile can be seen on radar it can be shot down by modern systems.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:
WSJ article on hypersonic weapons.

Hypersonic Missiles Are Game-Changers, and America Doesn’t Have Them

Given how poorly Russian hypersonic missiles have performed in this war, I’m not sure how important they actually are.

Perhaps China actually has something that concerns us.

That article is hilarious and makes me think I could be a better journalist than that author.

There is a nuance, as they say.  

We have them, real ones, in multiple flavors.

https://www.sandboxx.us/news/us-announces-successful-test-of-its-first-fight-ready-hypersonic-missile/

America, however, has taken a different approach to hypersonics. Rather than fielding deterrent weapons meant to be leveraged primarily as a threat, the U.S. has made a commitment not to develop hypersonic nuclear weapons at all. Instead, America’s focus has been squarely on fielding conventional weapons that can be used in a wider variety of mission sets.

“Lockheed Martin, in partnership with the Government, is focused on developing intentionally complementary weapon system capabilities that, once deployed, will provide the U.S. with significant broadly-applicable hypersonic strike capability,” Dave Berganini, Vice President of hypersonic and strike systems at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, told Sandboxx News in January.

The United States has now seen success with at least three different boost-glide weapon systems and at least two different scramjet propulsion systems for cruise missiles — meaning it may not be the first nation to put these high-speed weapons into service, but the U.S. is rapidly developing the most diverse hypersonic portfolio of any nation.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/test-of-dark-eagle-hypersonic-missile-at-cape-canaveral-aborted

Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:44:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#33]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

I feel pretty confident, saying that kilo class submarine is effectively destroyed.

Mini years ago, I was a structural engineer, working for the Navy on submersible systems, including fast attack submarines.

This was at the beginning of my career, and I was a very Junior engineer, so I am definitely not a subject matter expert.  

However, based on my limited experience of the complexities of repairing pressure hulls, I would say that even if the damage is limited such that a repair is theoretically possible, I think the probability of it being able to be repaired to a seaworthy state and return to fight in this conflict is zero.

Most likely scenario, it sits there until it gets scrapped.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6EGR-0XYAAlRdL?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6EGR-zXQAEfoH7?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6Cy6pzXsAA7Yti?format=jpg&name=medium

I feel pretty confident, saying that kilo class submarine is effectively destroyed.

Mini years ago, I was a structural engineer, working for the Navy on submersible systems, including fast attack submarines.

This was at the beginning of my career, and I was a very Junior engineer, so I am definitely not a subject matter expert.  

However, based on my limited experience of the complexities of repairing pressure hulls, I would say that even if the damage is limited such that a repair is theoretically possible, I think the probability of it being able to be repaired to a seaworthy state and return to fight in this conflict is zero.

Most likely scenario, it sits there until it gets scrapped.

Cut off the nose and weld a huge end plate to seal it, add a harpoon to it ? 😂
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:46:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#34]

Upon hearing this news, goats everywhere are reported to have cheered.
View All Quotes
Confirmed.

Upon hearing this news, goats everywhere are reported to have cheered.

Baaaaaaa!

Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#35]

I wonder what he means when he says “created conditions that make it impossible to use our anti-tank helicopters.”
View All Quotes

We've actually heard these things many times before but it is curious to hear this from a top-level official who decided to share this over 3 months after the start of the CO, indicating that things are worsening.

Two pronged, setting up manpad traps to hit the helicopters, and using troops on foot for advances, instead of armored vehicles, negating the helicopters use of long range atgms.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

But where's the Lada?

That’s hilarious in a dystopian dog eat dog way. 😂
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes

That’s why I always carry a big pipe wrench with me. Just in case.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:54:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#38]
Confirmed.

Hehe
View Quote

Accountability awaits!
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Another fatal road accident caused by a katsapna: in Luhansk, at the Shcherbakov intersection, a gasoline truck ran a red light and crushed a woman.

For Russians, Lugandon has become something like a Wild Field, where laws are not necessarily obeyed and human life is not even worth considering

Damn, that’s sad indifference.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Anal bead intercept incoming.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

100 years from now one of the main entries in history books under the topic 2022 Invadion of Ukraine will be a transcript of that friendly fire rant. Totally epic.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

I don't really know that russia has a choice.  Other than not attacking at all of course. Don't take this as me saying their attacking of civilian targets isn't evil.  It is.  It's evil.  

I'm saying just think of how many instances we have where russia has launched a major attack on an empty warehouse where Ukraine USED to store military equipment years ago.  russia had an old map that showed it as a military target so they hit it.  I think russian intelligence is blind.  Completely and totally blind. Ukraine rightly and properly repositioned and dispersed their military assets after the start of hostilities and russia doesn't have a clue how to find them. If they can't see them with an FPV drone or get coordinates from a traitor on the ground russia seems to have no way to locate and attack them.

So if you're evil enough you figure out that shopping malls, apartment complexes, hospitals and grade schools don't move and you have maps to locate them so you attack them instead.  I hope pooty boy burns in hell. Evil scum.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:
Yeah it is amazing that Russia stubbornly sticks with using its best missiles against civilian targets. Can't imagine what the situation would be if those hundreds and thousands of missiles and larger drones had been focused on military targets.

As a recent article noted, wars are won by capturing cities. They are the economic, communications, political and transportation hubs. But you take them militarily not by attacking civilians in malls and apartments.

There may be some of that, however Syria proves otherwise.  They had total air supremacy over the country and CHOSE to bomb hospitals.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#43]

The drone dive bombing tactic seems to be rare but they can get results.  Pretty neat to watch.
View All Quotes

The key there is that the airframe flew 35 missions. If they can do that more (and more successfully), they won't have to scramble so hard to produce them as the ones they produce will last longer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Waiting for other reports and info.

Link Posted: 9/15/2023 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Geez.

Link Posted: 9/15/2023 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#46]

"❗️Mobilized people will not return home until the end of the Northern Military District, there will be no rotation - Kartapolov.

The mobilized Russians will leave the combat zone after the end of the special military operation (SVO) on the territory of Ukraine. Chairman of the State Duma Defense Committee Andrei Kartapolov stated this in a conversation with http://Lenta.ru.

“They will return home after the completion of a special military operation. No rotation is provided . They are entitled to leave for every six months of service, and they now go on these holidays,” the deputy stated the return date."  
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 3:20:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#47]
fucking ouch.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6DjwzLbIAA6HfC?format=jpg&name=large

Only about 200 missiles are made, with a 14km range.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/LMUR_305.jpg/640px-LMUR_305.jpg

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/is-russia-using-its-advanced-new-anti-armor-missile-in-ukraine

https://www.thedrive.com/uploads/2022/07/28/Russian-Missile-Ukraine.jpg?auto=webp&crop=16%3A9&auto=webp&optimize=high&quality=70&width=1920

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMUR

The LMUR's maximum range is 14.5 km, which is superior to that of the other Russian helicopter-launched ATGMs.[1] It has an optical/thermal imaging seeker.[7] It can be used in two different modes. In the first one, the target is marked by the operator before launch, and the carrier helicopter can turn away directly after the missile launch. In the second mode, the missile is launched without it being locked on a target. It first flies in its direction, using inertial guidance with satellite navigation providing corrections.

The image from the seeker is transmitted back to the helicopter via a datalink pod called the AS-BPLA (Аппаратура связи с беспилотным летательным аппаратом or communication equipment with an unmanned aerial vehicle). The operator can select the target and change it while the missile is flying towards its area. The LMUR is the first Russian ATGM capable of being used in this fashion.[1] This second mode of operation is the only one in which the missile can be used at its maximum range, due to the seeker's limitations. On the Mi-8MNP-2, the AS-BPLA datalink antenna is located in a fairing in the nose, which is also the case on a new variant of the Mi-28NE, shown at the 2021 Dubai Airshow (its location is used by the guidance antenna for the 9M120 Ataka missile on other Mi-28 versions). On the Ka-52M, it is situated under the left stub wing.[1]

Looks decent, but they're finally getting a proper Hellfire counter part a few decades later.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

But where's the Lada?

Oh but what fun they are. Buddy of mine just swapped the engine in this thing. Previously it had a permanent smoke screen feature due to pistons lacking rings. Oh the fun we had in this thing. I still prefer the older models. These suck. The gate guards are are always laughing at us and asking if we like driving it around.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/15/2023 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
According to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Hungary, Péter Szijjártó, the whole world is suffering from the consequences of the war not because Russia attacked Ukraine, but because Europe globalized the conflict.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine believes that the EU should demand an explanation from Hungary why it spreads disinformation against the European Union in the interests of Russia.

It's over.

Fuck them....

Attachment Attached File
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4869 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top