Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4950 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#1]
4950 - Victory For Ukraine!
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Call me crazy but after Kherson when the Ukranians had momentum it seems to me that was the time to bury Ukraine in much needed equipment so they could keep pushing forward. Instead of our leaders wringing their hands over fear of making putin angry.
Of course I also think there was a strategic mistake when wagner was pulling out and actively fighting with the russian military, that was the time to go for it. The russians in bakhmut never had the time to build massive defensive positions as they were pushing forward up to that point. Oh well, 20/20 hindsight in war.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Not much change in the lines. Big news is the Ukraine defense industry forum was a success. Many companies are setting up armament factories in Ukraine in the next 2-5 years. Drones, armor, munitions, rifles, etc.

UA is still taking out about 38 artillery tubes per day. Some Republicans tried to derail funding for Ukraine but a separate funding package is expected to be easily passed next week.

Sorry to hear about the disruption in your life. I hope it gets sorted to the good for you soon.

Oh yeah, UK sending trainers into Ukraine. 😁

Call me crazy but after Kherson when the Ukranians had momentum it seems to me that was the time to bury Ukraine in much needed equipment so they could keep pushing forward. Instead of our leaders wringing their hands over fear of making putin angry.
Of course I also think there was a strategic mistake when wagner was pulling out and actively fighting with the russian military, that was the time to go for it. The russians in bakhmut never had the time to build massive defensive positions as they were pushing forward up to that point. Oh well, 20/20 hindsight in war.

All very true. I can imagine the Ukrainian leaders were beside themselves seeing the opportunity and getting dismissive condescension from Biden. And Milley promising it will be a very long war.

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#3]
ISW supplemental.

WEAKNESS IS LETHAL: WHY PUTIN INVADED UKRAINE AND HOW THE WAR MUST END  
View Quote

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/weakness-lethal-why-putin-invaded-ukraine-and-how-war-must-end
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

Geez. That #3 guy takes it in the back and is writhing in pain and the other guy strolls by nonchalantly ignoring him not even trying to give aid or pull him into the dugout.

Must be damn lonely on the front knowing nobody to your left or right gives a damn if you are wounded or need aid and literally won’t lift a finger to help.

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#5]
FILE: Russia Will Never Attack a NATO Country, Trust Me Bro

EXHIBIT:  87+2

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

At least the Russians are smart enough not to have outsourced their tech service to India!
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Disinfo War heats up! Is Spiderman a good guy, or a an evil degenerate??

This important a d timely controversy was put before the Grand Council of Esteemed Florks for judgement.

NOT FOR THE QUEASY!
Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is a very interesting analysis of some Pentagon actions within the existing budget to fund various ‘buys’ that largely support Ukraine.

This activity is called reprogramming where DOD can, with relatively minimal fuss, move money among enacted budget accounts to get shit done.

This is only a partial analysis of the reprogramming actions taken in the last month of FY23 (September).

It is fairly clear that Ukraine will be getting hundreds of ATACMS shots based on this reprogramming analysis.

Click and read. I posted the unrolled thread in the spoiler tags below.

https://twitter.com/noclador/status/1708504111149162643

I am in Warsaw and was quite busy the last two weeks with the preparation for and then networking at the Heart of Europe International TV Festival... so I only found the time to work through two #Pentagon Ukraine Realignment papers.

So many new weapons for 🇺🇦 Ukraine 😃😃
1/14

https://x.com/noclador/status/1708504113296580796

So let's begin with the coolest stuff - there is a classified Army emergency missile procurement for $187.4m... which it seems isn't GMLRS, as that is under another classified section: $71.3m of GMLRS are being acquired. So: if it isn't GMLRS... what could it be 😉
2/n

Unrolled thread here. Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

That's quite a haul. I am sure Ukraine will put every bit of it to good use.

Now let's keep it coming!
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#9]
That would also take much of the burden for international security off the struggling US budget.

According to the WSJ, "Sen. Jim Risch of Idaho, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said Ukraine’s allies in the U.S. need to make a better case to the American people, starting by reminding them that America gave Ukraine security assurances in 1994 in exchange for Ukraine giving up its nuclear arsenal. 'If indeed we breached that agreement with Ukraine, what do you think every one of our enemies—and more importantly, our allies—are going to say about America? ‘We can’t count on America,'' Risch said. 'That has a domino effect. It is greatly debilitating to the national security of the United States, not the least of which it’s going to set off a view by many countries that, 'We can’t count on the United States. We need nuclear weapons.'"

@SenatorRisch is mostly right, except that strong democratic allies with nuclear weapons - like the UK and France - actually increase US national security. They are nuclear stumbling blocks that enemies must overcome prior to invading our shores.  wsj.com/politics/polic…
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Geez. That #3 guy takes it in the back and is writhing in pain and the other guy strolls by nonchalantly ignoring him not even trying to give aid or pull him into the dugout.

Must be damn lonely on the front knowing nobody to your left or right gives a damn if you are wounded or need aid and literally won’t lift a finger to help.

View Quote

this seems better than finishing them off. can only carry so much ammo and they're useless with shrapnel
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

I like this, thanks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

"Marxism can be summed up in one way: hate the man who is better off than you are.".

I like this, thanks.

The quote is from Henry Hazlitt, and the article containing this quote is a good read.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#12]
approps have to be used for their specified purpose, within their established time of availability, and not to exceed the enacted amount by the relevant agency/department.

Purpose, time, amount.

This is a failure of the executive branch to aid Ukraine to decisively win instead of the drip, drip, drip approach Sullivan et al are taking.

ETA: if someone wanted to do something not above board… there are ways. However, this is a failing of the NSC and the west wing. I worked in the west wing and for the executive office of the president in addition to working at OSD, OUSD, AF, Navy, etc.
View Quote

Thank you. FJB!
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Those “true patriots” tend to hate America first and foremost and excuse the despots of the world.

Enlightening isn’t it?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By Prime:

Russia is rotten to the core, they destroy themselves more than any one else

This is something that triggers me. Because GD acts like the US is the most corrupt country ever..... at least when it's a Democrat in the WH. But corruption is far far far worse in much of the rest of the world.

I mean we need to fight corruption here. But we're still Mt Olympus compared to much of the rest of the world.

Those “true patriots” tend to hate America first and foremost and excuse the despots of the world.

Enlightening isn’t it?

That’s what it is.    Anger at what Our country has become.  It boils down to Self hatred.   They’re so frustrated, disappointed and angry at America’s decline, that they need to find scapegoats wherever they can.    

When someone tells you to hate those more inspired and courageous than yourself, that suggestion will find fertile ground, if you are profoundly and hopelessly angry with your own inaction.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Call me insane but a modern F-111 with some semi stealth characteristics, delta wings and a pair of F-22 engines for supercruising would be really slick. Using standoff munitions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlaskaJohn:

F-111s, radar bombing, and Pave Tack. So many memories. Beacon on, confirm offset mode.

Call me insane but a modern F-111 with some semi stealth characteristics, delta wings and a pair of F-22 engines for supercruising would be really slick. Using standoff munitions.
Call me nuts, but a modern F-4 with stealth characteristics and a smoke trail

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Here is a very interesting analysis of some Pentagon actions within the existing budget to fund various ‘buys’ that largely support Ukraine.

This activity is called reprogramming where DOD can, with relatively minimal fuss, move money among enacted budget accounts to get shit done.

This is only a partial analysis of the reprogramming actions taken in the last month of FY23 (September).

It is fairly clear that Ukraine will be getting hundreds of ATACMS shots based on this reprogramming analysis.

Click and read. I posted the unrolled thread in the spoiler tags below.

https://twitter.com/noclador/status/1708504111149162643

I am in Warsaw and was quite busy the last two weeks with the preparation for and then networking at the Heart of Europe International TV Festival... so I only found the time to work through two #Pentagon Ukraine Realignment papers.

So many new weapons for 🇺🇦 Ukraine 😃😃
1/14

https://x.com/noclador/status/1708504113296580796

So let's begin with the coolest stuff - there is a classified Army emergency missile procurement for $187.4m... which it seems isn't GMLRS, as that is under another classified section: $71.3m of GMLRS are being acquired. So: if it isn't GMLRS... what could it be 😉
2/n

Unrolled thread here. Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

That’s what it is.    Anger at what Our country has become.  It boils down to Self hatred.   They’re so frustrated, disappointed and angry at America’s decline, that they need to find scapegoats wherever they can.    

When someone tells you to hate those more inspired and courageous than yourself, that suggestion will find fertile ground, if you are profoundly and hopelessly angry with your own inaction.  

View Quote

Pretty much. Some are just fucking idiots tho MTG and Matt (Barbie Girl) (Sleazy used car salesman looking) Gaetz come to mind.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Have we done the "Exploding Putin Dildo of Consequences" thing?

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:41:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#18]

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Olena Tregub - Democratic Oversight for Defence Spending and Transparency have Never been More Vital
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

View Quote

Putin Putout Putin Putout
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Great posts today

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I would imagine walking past your CCP and seeing dudes with maggots lets you know where you fit in pretty quick.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Someone needs to help Elon unfuck himself most rikcy tick.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Videos-

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#27]
moar
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Someone needs to help Elon unfuck himself most rikcy tick.
View Quote

He's been down here dicking around with one of the RINOs on the border.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:26:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#29]
Related to the supply to Ukraine for rounds for the M1 Abrams.

Frag pattern in other scenarios:
XM1147 Advanced Multi Purpose AMP

Check out the frag pattern of the round in airburst around 1:20 seconds.
M1147 Advanced Multi-Purpose Round (AMP)
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#33]

That is a good and fair summary as far as it goes. But one of the quiet big achievements is the huge daily numbers of artillery being knocked out faster than Russia can replace, along with the quick wearing out of the tubes they do have. This is hugely significant and by the end of this year ought to be almost snowballing in failure.

View All Quotes

That is a good and fair summary as far as it goes. But one of the quiet big achievements is the huge daily numbers of artillery being knocked out faster than Russia can replace, along with the quick wearing out of the tubes they do have. This is hugely significant and by the end of this year ought to be almost snowballing in failure.

I hope you are right!  I have not seen much info on the internet regarding how much artillery they have in reserve.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#34]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U61Hrn1JZWQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEAYNX_UCjw
View Quote

Unreal.

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#35]

My understanding is that the Rosgvardiya is not like our national guard but the internal Praetorian guard used to put down resurrections (LOL says hot dog man) and uprisings. This pilot might have some interesting takes to tell.

View Quote

I wouldn't rate Rosgvardia that high. Historically, Soviets/Russians have always had three independent of each other military structures with their own chains of command: the military wing of KGB/FSB, the military wing of the Ministry of Internal Affairs(Rosgvardiya), and conventional military subordinate to the Ministry of Defense.

Their mission statement doesn't include warfighting. I think they don't have any fighters, bombers or ground attack planes or helos, and this guy is a glorified bus driver.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Guard_of_Russia

Missions of the National Guard of Russia include joint[4] operations in securing borders (in assistance to the Border Service of the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation) fighting terrorism, organized crime, and to perform the functions which are currently carried out by riot police units (OMON, SOBR, etc.),[14] as well as prison police units.[3] However the National Guard does not perform field investigation activities.[citation needed] The Federal Service has powers in the sphere of weapons turnover and control of private security activities.

The National Guard also is to work to protect public safety and order along with the Ministry of Internal Affairs and guard important state facilities.[14]

According to President Vladimir Putin, a major area of responsibility of the National Guard is the overseeing the various kinds of security provisions and the authorization system of the right to possess firearms, the oversight of private security firms and the management of the interior troops proper
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

View Quote

I was going to post that but thought, Nah the UkeBros are much too refined for such ribald humor.

Wrong.

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

I would imagine walking past your CCP and seeing dudes with maggots lets you know where you fit in pretty quick.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:11:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#38]
A small sampling of Ukraine's incoming tonight.
Currently all clear in Kyiv, Cherkasy, Kirovohrad, Poltava, Chernihiv, Sumy, Mykoliav, Dnipropetrovsk, and Zaporizhzhia Oblasts despite earlier alerts.

Kherson shelled with MLRS.

Different TG post said "possible false targets".

Definitely sounds like more Shaheds were involved as well.
We'll see in the morning.

ETA-

More sirens, Donetsk and Kharkiv.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#39]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U61Hrn1JZWQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEAYNX_UCjw
View Quote

Wow.

Give them a whiff of the grape, eh?

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:18:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#40]
Originally Posted By coralreefer:

I hope you are right!  I have not seen much info on the internet regarding how much artillery they have in reserve.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By coralreefer:

There were some posts here a few days ago that people examining satellite imagery of storage areas are seeing much of the old artillery/SPG have already been canabilized
for their tubes. Not much left in storage. And like everyone else, very limited ability to manufacture new tubes.

If I was a wealthy warmonger capitalist, I would set up a mega mill/factory to produce the special steel alloys needed for artillery and tank barrels and become the go to source for the West. Stockpile the special metals needed for fast ramp up. Maybe start by buying up shot out barrels Ukrainian farmers have stashed in their barns. 😂
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:25:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#41]
The artillery of the group of troops "West" in the Kupyansk direction disrupted the rotation of the 32nd mechanized brigade of Ukraine in forward positions in the Stepovaya Novoselovka area in the Kharkov region, the Russian Ministry of Defense told RIA Novosti
https://t.me/rian_ru/216957

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#42]

There were some posts here a few days ago that people examining satellite imagery of storage areas are seeing much of the old artillery/SPG have already been canabilized
for their tubes. Not much left in storage. And like everyone else, very limited ability to manufacture new tubes.

View Quote

A Russian source posted that they were pulling every old arty barrel with more than half its life left and sending them to the front.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:56:12 PM EDT
[#43]
It's frustrating that the West hasn't developed a Shahed copy of its own to arm Ukraine with.. there should be 100s of these things launched at Russia in return every night to deplete their interceptors
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#47]

That guy's eyes..
View All Quotes
NSFW. Video of a few more on the same Russian soldier.

NSFW STILL FROM THE VIDEO
Click To View Spoiler

That guy's eyes..
I recall, reading years ago, a homeless person had wounds filled with maggots.  Docs said the person survived because the maggots ate the dead flesh

Still a nasty video.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#48]

How many attempts were there to cross the border from Belarus?
@Straz_Graniczna  emphasizes that the data published by "Gazeta Wyborcza" about 30,000 are "nonsense".
"Cross the border (not try)".

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
I recall, reading years ago, a homeless person had wounds filled with maggots.  Docs said the person survived because the maggots ate the dead flesh

Still a nasty video.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
NSFW. Video of a few more on the same Russian soldier.

NSFW STILL FROM THE VIDEO
Click To View Spoiler

That guy's eyes..

Still a nasty video.

Yeah, maggots can do a lot of good, but the fact that it's come to that for this guy says that's days of neglect. Guy should've been somewhere else three days ago, or at least had some bandages.

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#50]

A Russian source posted that they were pulling every old arty barrel with more than half its life left and sending them to the front.
View Quote

Covert Cabal showed Russian artillery yards in the far east being stripped bare.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4950 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top