Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4968 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh. I thought Slovakia just a couple days ago gave Ukraine the finger and was buddy buddy with Hungary’s position??!

I hope this is the true direction for Slovakia.

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 12:40:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _disconnector_] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

I am pro Ukrainian.

I want the Ukrainian nation to exist after this conflicts ends.

I am tired of watching young men die, needlessly.

If in some alternate timeline, Mexico armed itself to the teeth and invaded what would your response be?  Would you give up Texas, Arizona, and the most productive part of California just so you weren't "tired of watching young men die, needlessly".

They aren't dying needlessly.  They are protecting their loved ones from rape and genocide - the presence of which has been proven by everyone from the news media to the UN itself.  Dying in that way is **NEVER** needless.  Would you take a bullet for your family?  That's what these men are doing.

In fact, saying those words devalues the death of most Americans that have ever died in a conflict.  Were they all "needless"?  Some surely (ME wars) but was it a waste to die on Okinawa or on Wake island?  Did those men die "needlessly"?  We had *zero* knowledge of ultimate victory at those times - did those men die "needlessly"?

This is actually pissing me off now.  If you pay ANY attention to ANYTHING you know your statements are false.  I also know that you're a long time resident here and unless your account has been hacked you're not a Russian bot.  How can you possibly maintain this chain of self-contradictory logic?  You seem like a honest dude - but this just reeks of ignorance on conditions of the war itself.

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#3]

I am pro Ukrainian.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Spare me the patronage, pro-Russian.  

Was the balance in Ukraine's favor on 2-24-22 when the entire stack was against them? What about now?

What about in November of 2022 with the liberation of Kherson?

What about October of 2022 with the liberation of Kharkiv?

Ukraine can win this and is winning this. Your boys with the tricolor from Moscow are on day 589 of a 2 day war they still haven't won.

"Our friends"?

"Our friends"?

WTF does that mean

https://i.postimg.cc/brvsTj15/bucha-2.webp

Oh yes, abandon "our friends, family, and our allies" to a fate like that. Truly so noble of you to abandon and leave people behind who are asking for help. Truly heroic, just like Neville chamberlain

Yes it does. Russia should withdraw to the internationally recognized borders of Ukraine that they signed a memorandum about. Agreed?

It only took 200 and some odd years before the "peace at any price" crowd reared it's ugly head.

@sheltiepimp

I am pro Ukrainian.

Oh please, you are not pro Ukrainian.

Laying down ones life to protect family, fellow countrymen and women, and their nation is the greatest sacrifice that a person can make.

Anyone who claims that those things are needless deserves nothing but scorn and contempt.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Logcutter:

If they stop fighting, they'll still die.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Logcutter:

I am pro Ukrainian.

If they stop fighting, they'll still die.

.... but.... but... but it will be a mostly peaceful death, and they'll be at peace after they are murdered.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Were  Gepards still in front line service in Germany and other countries before the Russo-Ukrainian war? For some reason I thought they’d been mothballed.
View Quote

I think they were considered obsolete by the 2000's (maybe the 90's) with all the modern missiles etc. I dont think anyone envisioned a WWII V1 "buzzbomb" type attack or drones until 2022 that apparently the Gep. is perfect for. I'm still waiting for barrage balloons and maybe manned torpedo's to reappear.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Supposed to be better than THADD but isn’t. That is assuming the claims are more believable than the S-400 claims. Although supposed to have gone into production in 2019 there is little evidence they are in use.

Defense News- Where is Russia’s S-500 air defense system?

According to Michael Jerdev, a Russia military expert, international sanctions levied against the country may be negatively impacting work on the air defense system.
“Russia can multiply the production of air defense missiles, primarily missiles of the 48N6 family, as they are technological products with minimal dependence on foreign components,” said Jerdev, referring to the primary missile series for the S-400. “As for the production of anti-aircraft complexes and radars themselves, their production has a long cycle and depends on the supply of foreign electronic components, which obviously does not allow them to be produced around the clock.”
Furthermore, an Almaz-Antey employee said, the company is experiencing “problems with machine tools and a shortage of components.”
“The enterprise’s [production rate] has increased,” the source told Defense News on the condition of anonymity to speak freely, but “there are not enough workers.”

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

Finland seems a far stretch given their WW2 accord and Poland seems a stretch as it was Warsaw Pact not USSR
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
FILE:  Russia Will Never Attack a NATO Country Because Russia is Totally Afraid of NATO Everyone Knows That!

EXHIBIT:  87+7

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4116-2978634.jpg

Video with English subtitles
The head of the Russian occupation administration of Zaporizhia, Yevgeny Balitsky

Finland seems a far stretch given their WW2 accord and Poland seems a stretch as it was Warsaw Pact not USSR

Russia ruled over both until 1917….the clowns really do want to bring back the Empire as it was under the Romanovs. Alaska was sold to us by the Russians as well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4122-2979004.jpg

View Quote

And tomorrow Scholz can't remember anything.

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

The Brits should be proud. Yanks should feel shame...
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I couldn’t resist - let’s touch on a topic that is not very right to touch on publicly. But there is a limit to everything.

S.K. Shoigu said there are no plans for additional mobilization. The rationale sounds nice, but I’m talking about something else now.

The bureaucracy is tearing us apart far and wide, but at the same time it provides some bureaucratic things that are quite good for the army. Here's a simple example: when I was still a young lieutenant, one of our surrogates was the son of a politically extremely influential man. I dreamed of becoming a general, I knew little about service, but! When he arrived at the training ground, he simply opened the book “Shooting from small arms” and simply began to follow the points written there. And he didn’t seem to have much understanding of the service, but with this approach, he looked more than worthy during the shooting, and even demolished the officer who came to hand quite essentially. So, sometimes bureaucracy is very useful when it allows you to use a decision template in typical situations.

What does this mean in practice? This means that the military CANNOT not have a plan for one or another operational situation. An operation plan, an escape route, an evacuation plan, an evacuation plan and a bunch of other plans - this is bureaucracy, but without this there is absolutely no way. If an officer gives instructions that “go to this point along this path, do everything and go back the same way, this is the only way to act” - he is an asshole and a corpsman with stars, not an officer.

And I would believe that the pranks save our psyche from the already boring rumors about mobilization, but I don’t believe it, because I remember something.

What I remember is that before the cherished date of 02/24/22, many people became our chief military officers who had about the same relationship to the army as a deputy’s traveling secretary has to state politics. And they said the right things, that “we need to follow the example of business in matters of efficiency,” and that “we need to instill positive thinking and an attitude exclusively towards positive results.”

But we are not a business here, well, somehow at all. And positive thinking didn’t matter to us, because 02.24.22 THERE WAS NO plan in case suddenly boom - and it doesn’t work out as we wanted. Because they thought in such a way that positivity could make you crap. "I see a purpose, but I do not see obstacles". And bang - it didn’t work. It's a shame, right? Well, it’s insulting to the sneers, but those who didn’t “calculate” you felt it the hard way - well, there are completely different expressions, which are difficult to describe in words even through obscenities.

Yes, there can be no mobilization until the conscription ends, until the recruited young people have at least completed training. Because it simply cannot be carried out physically, and it is impossible not to understand this. There will be mobilizations, and there will be many of them, but it will definitely not be now. And they will be precisely because a plan for the case of “well, it didn’t work out” was somehow not prescribed initially. Because positive thinking.

But the fact that such plans are no longer being developed is an indicator that a downtrodden dick is not a guarantee of success, as conscripts like to joke in their training, but a road straight to the ass. Plans must be developed both in the event of a siege of Washington and in the event of a retreat beyond Siberia. Non-military people probably won’t understand this, but this is not required of them.

And sometimes you can also lie, and even if you crap yourself, you need to convince them to the last opportunity that this is not so. But standing with your pants down over a warm, steaming pile of soft power and saying that “this is definitely not me” is not worth it. Because you need to pretend to be weak or stupid when you have a deck of aces up your sleeve and there is nowhere to hide Armata. And in our case, this is not a pretense, this is a direct surrender of state secrets.

I may have said a little too much, so I’ll add: I respect (our leadership), I believe in all the reports, I will write beautiful reports.

But fuck...

https://t.me/shouvalov/125

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
If in some alternate timeline, Mexico armed itself to the teeth and invaded what would your response be?  Would you give up Texas, Arizona, and the most productive part of California just so you weren't "tired of watching young men die, needlessly".

They aren't dying needlessly.  They are protecting their loved ones from rape and genocide - the presence of which has been proven by everyone from the news media to the UN itself.  Dying in that way is **NEVER** needless.  Would you take a bullet for your family?  That's what these men are doing.

In fact, saying those words devalues the death of most Americans that have ever died in a conflict.  Were they all "needless"?  Some surely (ME wars) but was it a waste to die on Okinawa or on Wake island?  Did those men die "needlessly"?  We had *zero* knowledge of ultimate victory at those times - did those men die "needlessly"?

This is actually pissing me off now.  If you pay ANY attention to ANYTHING you know your statements are false.  I also know that you're a long time resident here and unless your account has been hacked you're not a Russian bot.  How can you possibly maintain this chain of self-contradictory logic?  You seem like a honest dude - but this just reeks of ignorance on conditions of the war itself.

View Quote

Thanks for no quote.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

View Quote

So much this. They're standing tall while
we play political games. I'm embarrassed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote
he's just gone
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#16]

I think they were considered obsolete by the 2000's (maybe the 90's) with all the modern missiles etc. I dont think anyone envisioned a WWII V1 "buzzbomb" type attack or drones until 2022 that apparently the Gep. is perfect for. I'm still waiting for barrage balloons and maybe manned torpedo's to reappear.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Were  Gepards still in front line service in Germany and other countries before the Russo-Ukrainian war? For some reason I thought they’d been mothballed.

The German (and the Swiss) industry envisioned the huge threat from drones and Shaheds. The Gepards got upgraded for Quatar around 2016-2018 and were delivered 2020 to protect the Soccer World Cup in 2022 from drone or Shahed attacks.  

BTW, the German industry predicted the widespread use of drones in a war as early as 2010, but nobody listened until the Second Nagorno-Karabakh War 2020.

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 2:49:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stone-age] [#17]
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
he's just gone
View Quote

The way the dirt is dug up I'm guessing land mine. Maybe he somehow managed to step on a tank mine and set it off? Or maybe I'm just wrong.

I stand corrected, something came flying in from the left side. Maybe a tank missile or something.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Huh. I thought Slovakia just a couple days ago gave Ukraine the finger and was buddy buddy with Hungary’s position??!

I hope this is the true direction for Slovakia.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4125-2979041.jpg

View Quote

Slovakias new leader got only 24% of the vote and has to form a coalition government. He may be anti-Ukraine and “leader” but he is t in charge by a long shot.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:00:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JTF] [#19]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

The way the dirt is dug up I'm guessing land mine. Maybe he somehow managed to step on a tank mine and set it off? Or maybe I'm just wrong.
View Quote

The shell is visible, when the video is stepped:

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

I am pro Ukrainian.

100% this.

I am sure i have seen posters in gd say they would let Cali burn so who knows

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#21]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4120-2978997.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4119-2978999.jpg

View Quote
good good...now we need drones carrying mine clearing bangalore torpedos.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
Good , i was not sure about Sunak when he got in , he was an unknown to me and thought he might undo the work Boris put in .
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

Thanks for no quote.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

Thanks for no quote.
Sigh . . . the quote function went weird.  Hit the button to see the quote.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Well that certainly explains it!

Note to self:  After visiting Mad Vlad, do NOT play with gift basket hand grenades on the flight  home.

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Biden could do more yes , but shame , no my friend not that , think how many tanks got stopped with a javelin ,they blunted many attacks
and that is just one system.

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Note to self:  After visiting Mad Vlad, do NOT play with gift basket hand grenades on the flight  home.

View Quote
Ahhhhh . . . so *that* explains all of the shrapnel in the corpses.  Not from the expanding rod warhead of the R77 that took it down . . .
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Good , i was not sure about Sunak when he got in , he was an unknown to me and thought he might undo the work Boris put in .
View All Quotes

He has been unequivocal in speaking out for support of Ukraine and finding ways to help them. I have no idea if his domestic policy is good for you guys but he has the UK standing tall against Russia.

Now if he would only bitch slap Biden and drag his ass around the room until he approves Tomahawks…

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7sl-KUWUAAl6iT?format=png&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7sl3UsWoAAimsJ?format=png&name=small
View Quote

It would be shame if somebody bombed it again.

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#30]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7sl-KUWUAAl6iT?format=png&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7sl3UsWoAAimsJ?format=png&name=small
View Quote

Hans Gruber : Hit it, again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:40:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#31]
Today, our main message to the world is that evil has no right to prevail. And only now, only in Ukraine, this principled moral position can be maintained. But all together!

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Hans Gruber : Hit it, again.
View Quote

Beat me like a rented mule . . . .

CMOS  
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I would like to see one of those HAWK museum pieces shooting down something.

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#34]

He has been unequivocal in speaking out for support of Ukraine and finding ways to help them. I have no idea if his domestic policy is good for you guys but he has the UK standing tall against Russia.

Now if he would only bitch slap Biden and drag his ass around the room until he approves Tomahawks

View Quote

Tomahawks that would be nice
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

The Hawk looks out of the Buck Rogers era. It would be perfect for some pulse jet doodlebug drone.

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Or...accept gifted boxes of wine.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#37]

The Hawk looks out of the Buck Rogers era. It would be perfect for some pulse jet doodlebug drone.

View All Quotes

I have not heard a peep about those that we sent prior. I can't help but think that they are modifying
them for use other than they were designed for.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

I have not heard a peep about those that we sent prior. I can't help but think that they are modifying
View Quote
Like 3 of them strapped to a propane tank, dipped in glue and rolled in broken glass , that kind of modifying

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Sigh . . . the quote function went weird.  Hit the button to see the quote.
View Quote

I don't want to see it hence, the thanks.
He's a troll.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

View Quote

I imagine the russians are getting a lot better at defending that bridge. It might require a soaking with projectiles to cause enough confusion of their air defense in order for a storm shadow to get through. We will find out soon enough.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

Can we make 300,000 by Christmas?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K0UA:

Can we make 300,000 by Christmas?

Why yes! Yes we can!
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By kncook:

This is like my 7yr old arguing with me.

Logical responses do nothing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
I am pro Ukrainian.

If you want a Ukrainian nation to exist, you support military aid to Ukraine. Lots of it. And you support lots of killing of Russian troops, because that's the only thing that can make them stop. Given all the things Russian leaders have said, given their consistent, repeated violations of their agreements and commitments, what other option is there?

Did you watch that Russian Media Monitor video posted above? And the other video where the Russian leader talks about taking back the Baltics? And the other quote that says Russian children must be taught that Estonia & Latvia do not exist so that there is no question when the time comes to invade them?

This is like my 7yr old arguing with me.

Logical responses do nothing.

Yep. I just put people like that on the Ignore List. I have no use for cowards or idiots in my life and trying to have a conversation with them is useless.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#43]

I imagine the russians are getting a lot better at defending that bridge. It might require a soaking with projectiles to cause enough confusion of their air defense in order for a storm shadow to get through. We will find out soon enough.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Russian forces struck from the southern direction (Cape Chauda in Russia-occupied Crimea), deploying a total of 29 attack drones, 24 of which were intercepted.

The UAVs strategically manoeuvred, avoiding populous areas and predominantly heading north. A concentrated group of drones attempted to approach Kryvyi Rih, while another significant group moved towards Kropyvnytskyi.

According to Yurii Ihnat, Ukraine Air Force spokesperson, the 29 attack drones were divided into 15 groups, flying in pairs.

In Myrhorod, Poltava region, an explosion was heard during an air raid. According to the monitoring channels on Telegram, the city was attacked most likely by an "Iskander-K" type cruise missile.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#45]

I am pro Ukrainian.

View Quote

So ceding some 20% of Ukraine to Russia (who, by the way, took it by force) will result in cake and ice cream for everyone?  Russia has all they want and they will play nice and be a good world citizen now?  Ukraine can go back to whatever they were doing before and it will all be sunflowers and pretty girls in traditional dress?  No worries about the neighbors?  

Lol.  Russia is ass hole. Allowing them to win even a small victory over Ukraine will only give them time to recover and ultimately move to finish the job.

Kill them now or kill them later, after they have re-armed, updated shit systems, and have the opportunity to legitimately train their armed forces.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 5:13:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bunn19] [#46]

View All Quotes

I am pro Ukrainian.

That's what really gets me.  You have the MAGA tards going on and on about how important it is to maintain the Southern border (which I agree with) and how we should deport all of these immigrants who don't speak English, but then they turn around and say how Eastern Ukraine really should belong to Russia since it's filled with many Russian speakers and ethnic Russians.  The cognitive dissonance is astounding.  By their logic on Ukraine much of the southwestern US rightfully belongs to Mexico, since it's filled with Spanish speakers and ethnic Mexicans.  

It just shows that they haven't done any real research on the subject of Ukraine (aside from reading RT and other Russian influenced sources) or they are too obtuse to apply the same logic across similar situations, and only listen to and parrot sound bites from their favorite talking heads......
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 5:26:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Like 3 of them strapped to a propane tank, dipped in glue and rolled in broken glass , that kind of modifying

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

No, something more like they are doing with the S-200
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I must say I like the way he thinks lol.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4968 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top