Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5058 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Hope Putin died
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Video from the new Lancet budget replacement drones in video.

View Quote

Unit looked woefully under powered at launch, too. They either need a better launcher or better propulsion system. If it's that marginal at test weight, with a real payload, they'll probably have more that a few nose in at launch. Hopefully take out a few of their own in the process.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Once Atacms is in enough numbers and GLSDB gets on scene, you can wipe out a lot of the large and medium range air defense systems that might clear the way for higher quality drones to fly closer to the front.  I think we might see the Bayraktar's show up again, which would be a good sign that something has changed.
View Quote
Predators can carry stingers. That gives potential to assist in some airborne problems.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 11:21:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#4]

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-AK-dRXoAAbS6M?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

There's an implication in that last item. Let's say that somehow Ukraine was able to achieve air and EW superiority, and the ability to break through the extensive mines of the Surovikin line, and was successful in pushing south toward the Azov. Let's say that somehow they did managed to cut that land bridge. That means the line of contact just got a whole lot longer.

They're barely able to defend the current line. It's unclear what might happen if the lines suddenly expanded. I don't know if it would be more likely to break Russia or Ukraine.
View Quote

Cut the supply lines, and those cut off will be throwing rocks at you and eating rats.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Fund_GARISSON:
We get a lot of feedback from around the world that Ukraine has been forgotten.
View Quote

You aren’t forgotten bud.

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By yekimak:

Glad you were not in the bullseye. Be safe and keep your men safe.

Hopefully nothing showed up in your area when they were buzzing that would make you show up as a brighter target.

Maybe don't hang out in a hospital or school or orphanage for a while.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Exactly. I expect incoming in the next day or two.

Listening to those drones flying overhead is nerve wracking. It was not fun being an actual target this time.

Hopefully nothing showed up in your area when they were buzzing that would make you show up as a brighter target.

Yeah well we had one building destroyed 100 meters from us. We literally came outside, after I woke everyone, to see it get hit. Several other hits around us after we bugged out. Too close for comfort.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Well, we're still here monitoring, and helping where we can.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#10]
1 minute ago, another assault currently.

View Quote

Insanity is doing the same thing over
and over and expecting different results.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 12:39:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sawgunner73] [#11]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:
1 minute ago, another assault currently.

That's how they eventually took Bakmut. If they can encircle and capture Avdivka using the same tactic, that will be a huge blow to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:

That's how they eventually took Bakmut. If they can encircle and capture Avdivka using the same tactic, that will be a huge blow to Ukraine.
View Quote

Let's hope the Russians dont have the artillery to do much this time
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#13]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F9_4QkjXMAAMML2?format=jpg&name=large

https://absurdink.com/cdn/shop/products/Archer-Danger-Zone_2048x_57c4da81-dbfc-4ce2-9835-3a24ada04e1a_600x.jpg?v=1611860891
View Quote

I wanna see some shoot n scoots.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Germany is running out of money fast, in 2032 they need Ukraine assistance.

The GDP is shrinking and the companies are fleeing the country because the German Gov. is fucking everything up.

View All Quotes

One thing is clear: military support for Ukraine is a task until the end of the decade and beyond. Our budget planning already provides funds until 2032, which shows our determination," said the general.

The GDP is shrinking and the companies are fleeing the country because the German Gov. is fucking everything up.

Quoting myself here.

They can't even feed their soldier anymore.

https://www.topagrar.com/panorama/news/bundeswehr-streicht-2024-rindfleisch-von-speiseplan-13518499.html

Bundeswehr will remove beef from its menu in 2024
The current food for the Bundeswehr is too expensive and not “sustainable” enough. Starting next year, beef will be replaced by poultry and pork.

Fri, November 3, 2023, 7:52 a.m

The Bundeswehr catering office will change the troop menus from January 1, 2024. The Bild newspaper has an internal email that says food is becoming too expensive for the troops.

“In order to take the price dynamics of the market into account, but also for reasons of sustainability, we are aiming for a conceptual reduction in our shopping basket. This particularly applies to the procurement of beef products, fresh fruit and frozen fish,” the letter says.

At the newspaper's request, a spokesman for the Federal Office for Infrastructure, Environmental Protection and Services of the Bundeswehr confirmed that the menus had been checked and adjusted. In addition to the cost of goods sold of €62 million in the last 12 months, “changing eating habits” would also lead to changes in the troop kitchen, it is said. As of next year, beef roulades, meatballs (made from beef), hamburger meat, zander, salmon and cod fillets, as well as cherries, peaches, strawberries, oranges and watermelons will be deleted. In addition, fish dishes should only be offered once a week. Beef is being replaced in particular by poultry and pork, as well as vegetarian and vegan meat substitutes.

Criticism comes from Union defense expert Florian Hahn (49, CSU): “If it actually turns out to be true that our soldiers' food should now be saved, this would be another slap in the face of our troops,” he told Bild. The Bundeswehr's assets can no longer cope with further savings - especially not when it comes to nutrition and health. “This doesn’t make the Bundeswehr more attractive and it doesn’t attract more young talent.”

Fucking disband this clown Army and give everything to Ukraine.

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Yeah well we had one building destroyed 100 meters from us. We literally came outside, after I woke everyone, to see it get hit. Several other hits around us after we bugged out. Too close for comfort.
View All Quotes

Exactly. I expect incoming in the next day or two.

Listening to those drones flying overhead is nerve wracking. It was not fun being an actual target this time.

Holy sheet...too close.

Any way to check if you were painted somehow? Got anything that can read thermal or IR?
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoting myself here.

https://www.topagrar.com/panorama/news/bundeswehr-streicht-2024-rindfleisch-von-speiseplan-13518499.html

View Quote

What's the food like in Ukrainian military these days?
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#17]

I saw it posted somewhere that the average Ukrainian soldier is about 41 or something.

It always jars me when I see man-on-the-street interviews in Ukraine and a young man in street clothes responds. I know they're forbidden to leave the country, but they're still there, and not all mobilized or volunteered.
View Quote

Agreed. Maybe the UA recruiting has slots, based on limited equipment, for only so many men. But there should be huge lines and even angry demonstrations (in Itchy's naive mind) of young men demanding to be trained up and equipped to fight for their country. It's not like Ukraine is fighting some far-off war for treaty obligations, like US in Vietnam. Even if this wasn't a war for survival, the thought of some assholes like the Russians coming in telling people they own them, bombing them...fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Holy sheet...too close.

Any way to check if you were painted somehow? Got anything that can read thermal or IR?
View Quote

Russia was using ir flashing beacons early on. No reason to think they still aren't, though that would probably get whoever was placing them deaded toot sweet.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:16:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yekimak] [#19]

https://absurdink.com/cdn/shop/products/Archer-Danger-Zone_2048x_57c4da81-dbfc-4ce2-9835-3a24ada04e1a_600x.jpg?v=1611860891
View Quote

I hope these are as much fun to watch work as the Caesars are.

Caesar at work.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Agreed. Maybe the UA recruiting has slots, based on limited equipment, for only so many men. But there should be huge lines and even angry demonstrations (in Itchy's naive mind) of young men demanding to be trained up and equipped to fight for their country. It's not like Ukraine is fighting some far-off war for treaty obligations, like US in Vietnam. Even if this wasn't a war for survival, the thought of some assholes like the Russians coming in telling people they own them, bombing them...fuck that noise.
View All Quotes

I saw it posted somewhere that the average Ukrainian soldier is about 41 or something.

It always jars me when I see man-on-the-street interviews in Ukraine and a young man in street clothes responds. I know they're forbidden to leave the country, but they're still there, and not all mobilized or volunteered.

Just based on our experiences with training. Every man is not necessarily soldier material. There is a lot happening with the training of cadets, conscripts, older vets, and foreigners. If the system gets clogged up with dead weight it can become a nightmare. We have enough people in this system that cause hindrances as it is.

Many of the brigades are advertising for roles based on different skill sets. It's more like a job fair if a person voluntarily enlists. We have more freedom as foreigners to pick and choose where we want to go as well. Many things are changing for the better based on how it was at the beginning. Now that I got my foot in the door I was able to pick where I wanted to go, rather than being told where I could go.

I can't really discuss numbers of young Ukrainian soldiers, but I promise you there are a lot of them in various stages of the system. In addition the older generations are receiving follow up training. The gears are turning quite well to bolster the ranks, and increase abilities of those with previous experience.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Notice how all the Swedish gear comes prep'd with multi spectral camouflage.. nice. I'm not even sure we're doing that for our own gear
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Ukraine hasn't been forgotten brother.

Pink Floyd - Hey Hey Rise Up (feat. Andriy Khlyvnyuk of Boombox)
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#23]

For non-Twits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuZP_7MfmnY
View All Quotes

two videos in tweet, both are longer segments of videos posted in the past few days.

Full 4 minute video here:

For non-Twits

At 1:14, are they driving over exposed mines? Those circle things look like a field of mines laying out in the open.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Just based on our experiences with training. Every man is not necessarily soldier material. There is a lot happening with the training of cadets, conscripts, older vets, and foreigners. If the system gets clogged up with dead weight it can become a nightmare. We have enough people in this system that cause hindrances as it is.

Many of the brigades are advertising for roles based on different skill sets. It's more like a job fair if a person voluntarily enlists. We have more freedom as foreigners to pick and choose where we want to go as well. Many things are changing for the better based on how it was at the beginning. Now that I got my foot in the door I was able to pick where I wanted to go, rather than being told where I could go.

I can't really discuss numbers of young Ukrainian soldiers, but I promise you there are a lot of them in various stages of the system. In addition the older generations are receiving follow up training. The gears are turning quite well to bolster the ranks, and increase abilities of those with previous experience.
View All Quotes

This is good to hear.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

Notice how all the Swedish gear comes prep'd with multi spectral camouflage.. nice. I'm not even sure we're doing that for our own gear
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

It is certainly the way to go for starters, we use a special paint.
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/27088/army-tanks-and-other-vehicles-get-new-paint-jobs-to-help-hide-from-thermal-optics

There are two M1 Abrams  in this thermal image, but this paint is from Greece and might give clues how ours works.

https://intermatdefense.com/anti-thermal

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 4:46:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#26]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

At 1:14, are they driving over exposed mines? Those circle things look like a field of mines laying out in the open.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

two videos in tweet, both are longer segments of videos posted in the past few days.

Full 4 minute video here:

For non-Twits

Yes, two interlinked minefields.

Then hilarity ensues.

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
I’m surprised by how many S-400s Russia has. Or claims to have. Roughly as many as we have Patriots.
View Quote

Russia has always had a hard-on for ADA
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Of course but I expected them to still be using a lot more S-300s still. Cause…they poor.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Of course but I expected them to still be using a lot more S-300s still. Cause…they poor.
View Quote

It would be interesting to see how many S-300 interceptors are in the tubes even it’s using a 400 radar and station.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 6:02:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yekimak] [#31]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Edit, alarms cleared at roughly 1815 EST.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 6:08:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#32]

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Excellent news and perspective. Thanks as always.

I can also appreciate that in 2023 recruiting is not like 1941 when any warm body was good for something. Now days, at least in the USA, only about 25% of the age-appropriate population can even qualify due to criminal records, drug use (illegal and prescription) and mental and physical fitness...and a very small fraction of those qualifies would ever consider joining up in peacetime much less a brutal industrial scale meatgrinder. God bless all those who step up.

Dont forget OpSec when correcting or informing us clowns on the internet. Dont get in trouble!
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Why Russian Forces Threw Everything at Avdiivka

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By dorobuta:
Russia has always had a hard-on for ADA
View Quote

Which makes sense, given how dependent the US is on air superiority.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Caesar at work.
View All Quotes

Caesar at work.

They're even more automatic and can do a 6 shot MRSI.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Since this is the Ukrainian propaganda thread, here's some coke-head, corrupt, globohomo, nazi jew Zelenski for you.

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

They're even more automatic and can do a 6 shot MRSI.
View Quote

Caesars are super expensive. Almost 6 million a pop.

For comparison the Susanna is around 2-3.

The pzh2000 is a lot more too
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

It would be interesting to see how many S-300 interceptors are in the tubes even it’s using a 400 radar and station.
View Quote

Good point. Not unlike us using PAC-2.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Caesars are super expensive. Almost 6 million a pop.

For comparison the Susanna is around 2-3.

The pzh2000 is a lot more too
View Quote

Caesars would be cheap in quantity. PZH will always be expensive.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/captkirk_gif-1003.gif

View Quote

That's the system I've been most interested in, and it's also the closest thing to a "game changer" that I think exists at the moment. If the Ukrainians can get their own domestic SRBM production up and running, that will have a very large impact on the war, IMO. It'll render them less dependent upon the west for long range strike capability, which is something that the west has a very finite amount of.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Since we're on the subject of domestically produced Ukrainian weapons, Ukraine is expanding its artillery arsenal. They're working on developing a towed howitzer and increasing Bohdana production. According to the official cited in that article, they're also up to producing about 20% of their own ammo, and 50% when it comes to certain calibers.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#45]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-Bsu0LWoAA4Say?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Looks to me like they're using 3 different kinds of motors there. Most likely they're not interchangeable, either. Since they're one-way drones, maintenance probably isn't an issue.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

It’s really great to see them losing that much Arty.    And tanks and BMP’s.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoting myself here.

View All Quotes

One thing is clear: military support for Ukraine is a task until the end of the decade and beyond. Our budget planning already provides funds until 2032, which shows our determination," said the general.

Quoting myself here.

Bundeswehr will remove beef from its menu in 2024
The current food for the Bundeswehr is too expensive and not “sustainable” enough. Starting next year, beef will be replaced by poultry and pork.

Fri, November 3, 2023, 7:52 a.m

The Bundeswehr catering office will change the troop menus from January 1, 2024. The Bild newspaper has an internal email that says food is becoming too expensive for the troops.

“In order to take the price dynamics of the market into account, but also for reasons of sustainability, we are aiming for a conceptual reduction in our shopping basket. This particularly applies to the procurement of beef products, fresh fruit and frozen fish,” the letter says.

At the newspaper's request, a spokesman for the Federal Office for Infrastructure, Environmental Protection and Services of the Bundeswehr confirmed that the menus had been checked and adjusted. In addition to the cost of goods sold of €62 million in the last 12 months, “changing eating habits” would also lead to changes in the troop kitchen, it is said. As of next year, beef roulades, meatballs (made from beef), hamburger meat, zander, salmon and cod fillets, as well as cherries, peaches, strawberries, oranges and watermelons will be deleted. In addition, fish dishes should only be offered once a week. Beef is being replaced in particular by poultry and pork, as well as vegetarian and vegan meat substitutes.

Criticism comes from Union defense expert Florian Hahn (49, CSU): “If it actually turns out to be true that our soldiers' food should now be saved, this would be another slap in the face of our troops,” he told Bild. The Bundeswehr's assets can no longer cope with further savings - especially not when it comes to nutrition and health. “This doesn’t make the Bundeswehr more attractive and it doesn’t attract more young talent.”

They got through Both World Wars eating nothing but Cabbage Potatoes and Sawdust, soooo….    What’s old is New again!
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 8:48:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7mmStalker] [#49]
View Quote

Very cool graphic. Simple and illustrates several good points.
ETA:

(Ukraine is using the mixed bag of arms to make a strategic effort towards winning.
The bully relies on meat waves, the huge but dwindling hardware from USSR glory years, and an outdated supply of PGW.)

Namely AFU are kicking the shit out of the neighborhood bully.
Russian army seems to be a loose collection of knuckle dragging alcoholics and simple cretins that are provided a bunch of hardware by the FAS survivors in leadership and government.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 8:53:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher15] [#50]
Originally Posted By 7mmStalker:

Very cool graphic. Simple and illustrates several good points.

Namely AFU are kicking the shit out of the neighborhood bully.
Russian army seems to be a loose collection of knuckle dragging alcoholics and simple cretins that are provided a bunch of hardware by the FAS survivors in leadership and government.
View Quote
Russian army seems to be learning in some places but getting worse in others.  I wonder what their 'average experience' layour looks like throughout the RuArmy at the beginning of this whole thing vs now. And theres another ghost page.  Weird bug
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5058 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top