Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5154 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Capta:

One of the Su-35s shot down months ago was filmed falling in a stalled but stable attitude, both engines running, but everything gone forward of the intakes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By CMOS:
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

If it was a Patriot shoot down there is no crew. The Patriot attacks the cockpit.

Please explain.

CMOS

I can explain, the Patriot missiles are steered to an aircraft target in such a way that they attempt to hit the cockpit area of the plane, rather than the rear, or center sections.  If the Patriot round connects well enough, it will shear the cockpit section off from the rest of the aircraft.  The PAC-3 round has some very high resoluton fidelity because of it's role as anti-missile defense, so it's very good at biasing toward a certain part of an aircraft for best effect.

You end up with a multi million dollar aircraft that will not make it back for repairs, and there will be a dead pilot that cannot go get another aircraft to fly missions.

This site has ads, but some insight on what happened to an F-18 that was shot down by the system.
https://web.archive.org/web/20231026023919/https://theaviationgeekclub.com/blue-blue-story-u-s-navy-f-18-shot-u-s-army-pac-3-patriot-missile-battery-oif/amp/

Habitual Linecrosser that Patriot instructor mentions this as well in his funny comments here:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eJNw1BN5kcI

Older system, but same idea, watch the target drone getting hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zOUDvbPI1c

One of the Su-35s shot down months ago was filmed falling in a stalled but stable attitude, both engines running, but everything gone forward of the intakes.

That was the footage that told me something new had been added to Ukrainian air defense.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

YOU'VE BEEN TUNGSDENSTRUCK!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]

I bet every one of those dudes just collapsed exactly where they were standing.  If there’s a spotter view I’d like to see it.
View All Quotes

The results are within specifications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5h7BkCj5rI

I bet every one of those dudes just collapsed exactly where they were standing.  If there’s a spotter view I’d like to see it.

I believe it was this attack as seen from a drone.

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By lycurgus:

(and European) right wing has gone totally insane...
View Quote

Most of the European right wing and far right parties are financed and supported by Russia.

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
I suppose those concave copper plates are lil bitty explosively formed penetrators?
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAmYfycW0AAvpHZ?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_hGdrjWEAAauoT?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_hGcQhWgAAl2if?format=jpg&name=large
I suppose those concave copper plates are lil bitty explosively formed penetrators?

It seems that is the idea, it looks like a miniature version of the Shahed warheads.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Disgusting to think there's people that call themselves Republican (at least I assume they do) with this mindset.

I was just posting in another thread that after this election, if the primary goes poorly, I may be changing my registration from Republican to Independent (we only have 3 options in Ohio).

I've been a registered Republican since I turned 18 but the party has done nothing but become more of an unserious disappointment. I won't continue to associate with it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Ditto what Ben said. The shills and haters are out and proud the last couple days in particular. And they really are haters in the literal sense of the word. I don't get it.

Anyway, I'm really glad to hear that you're feeling better. Don't push it too hard, but get better.

I've said to myself that we will soon hear the argument from the Pro-Russian side that promoting and facilitating Ukrainian resistance against Russian aggression will in fact encourage more Russian aggression against other E. European countries. And low and behold, there is a well known poster in one of the "US troops in Europe" threads that suggests this very thing.

We now have people arguing that in order to stop Russian aggression, we (US/Europe) need to get on our knees and give Russia what they want.
This is the same argument that a woman resisting being raped is just making things worse for herself.

Truly, part of the American (and European) right wing has gone totally insane...

Disgusting to think there's people that call themselves Republican (at least I assume they do) with this mindset.

I was just posting in another thread that after this election, if the primary goes poorly, I may be changing my registration from Republican to Independent (we only have 3 options in Ohio).

I've been a registered Republican since I turned 18 but the party has done nothing but become more of an unserious disappointment. I won't continue to associate with it.

Go back and read archived Syrian Civil War threads here. You'll find plenty of members seriously arguing that Obama was intentionally funding ISIS, that Putin and Assad were actually the good guys, that we needed to slaughter innocent women and children en masse in order to beat ISIS, that Putin was cleaning up Obama's mess, etc. There has always been a section of the right that has been obsessed with conspiracies and has possessed the most derptastic opinions possible regarding foreign policy. They've been elevated heavily and gained a lot of influence in the last few years, but they've always been there. We totally failed at gatekeeping, and this is now the result.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dorobuta:

Well there are seemingly perks to worshiping Satan - you get to postpone karma until your death. Then you get eternal torture.
View Quote

No but karma isn't coma.

It got other family members, the Kennedy curse got them in many ways.

John Kennedy Jr. And many other members were effected.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Go back and read archived Syrian Civil War threads here. You'll find plenty of members seriously arguing that Obama was intentionally funding ISIS, that Putin and Assad were actually the good guys, that we needed to slaughter innocent women and children en masse in order to beat ISIS, that Putin was cleaning up Obama's mess, etc. There has always been a section of the right that has been obsessed with conspiracies and has possessed the most derptastic opinions possible regarding foreign policy. They've been elevated heavily and gained a lot of influence in the last few years, but they've always been there. We totally failed at gatekeeping, and this is now the result.
View Quote

Good God. I'm glad I dipped out of that thread pretty early.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

That Leopard was eating the Russian armor for breakfast!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Will they try another crossing next time, or will they pile up another unit right there?

It's a useless Leopard 2A6 in the area, they will try another day.

That Leopard was eating the Russian armor for breakfast!

And this wasn't the first time. Some maintenance guy from **** stated if the Leopard crews would mark their barrels with the traditionel white ring kill mark for every destroyed enemy vehicle, the barrels would be white on some tanks.

But they need more and they need them now before the Leopards become an endangered species in Ukraine.

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#10]
20 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Posted before.
Freedom of Russia Legion posting it again, saying it did delay equipment heading for the front.
??????????? ???????????????? ?????????? | ?. ??????

Destruction of a transformer substation   Tyumen 841

UA GRU says they’re not tired.
I would be tired.

December 6th is “Day of the Armed Forces”
6-?? ?????? - ???? ???????? ??? ??????? ? ?? ???, ???? ?????? ????? ?????????? ????? ??????????

???????. ?????. ???? 651. ?????????????
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

People don’t think PATRIOT be like it be, but it do.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Holy cannoli

Avdiyiv direction, Stepove village district, Donetsk region
The FPV drone of the 47th brigade hits the TM-62, which was spotted by the operator on board the Russian BTR-82A

View Quote
There was a mine under all the crap on top
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Our Best Look At A VAMPIRE Counter Drone System For Ukraine

This is the first time we have seen the actual configuration of VAMPIRE, which was rushed to Ukraine to swat drones out of the sky.

What appears to be the first definitive picture of a U.S.-supplied VAMPIRE counter-drone system for Ukraine has emerged. The last of a batch of 14 of these systems, which use laser-guided 70mm rockets as effectors and are now known to be mounted on Humvees, are set to be delivered to the Ukrainian military before the end of the year. Lower-quality imagery has previously been seen of Humvees armed with 70mm laser-guided rockets engaging targets on the ground.

The U.S. Navy's Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) released a picture, seen at the top of this story, of one of the Humvee-mounted VAMPIREs being loaded onto a U.S. Air Force C-17A Globemaster III cargo aircraft earlier today. The picture was taken in September at an unspecified location.

NAVAIR's Direct and Time Sensitive Strike program office, or PMA-242, has been managing the delivery of the VAMPIRE systems to Ukraine. The Pentagon first announced that it would buy examples of VAMPIRE (an acronym that stands for Vehicle-Agnostic Modular Palletized ISR Rocket Equipment) on Ukraine's behalf using Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI) funding back in August 2022. A total of 14 of these systems were subsequently purchased for Ukraine.

"We delivered the first four systems in only six months by leveraging an innovative contracting strategy and working diligently to keep pace with the system’s rapid development," Navy Cmdr. Kevin Raspet, the Foreign Military Sales deputy program manager within PMA-242, said in a statement today. The Navy says it expects the last of these systems to arrive in Ukraine by the end of this month.

The Pentagon previously confirmed that VAMPIRE was in operational use in Ukraine in August.
The complete VAMPIRE system, for which L3Harris is the prime contractor, consists of three main components. These are a turreted four-round LAND-LGR4 70mm launcher loaded with laser-guided Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System II (APKWS II) rockets, a sensor turret (typically seen in the marketing literature mounted on an extendable mast to give it a better line-of-sight), and a fire control system. VAMPIRE is also designed to be readily integrated onto any suitably sized vehicle. You can read more about the core system in this past War Zone story.

The picture that NAVAIR has now released shows that Ukraine's VAMPIREs are integrated onto M1152A1 Humvees. The M1152A1 is a two-door up-armored Humvee type with a pickup truck-style rear end. The turreted LAND-LGR4 launcher is installed on the rear bed.
The system's sensor turret looks to be mounted on top of the cab. It is seen underneath a camouflage cover in the picture and it is unclear whether or not it is installed on a mast of some kind.

While we can't see the fire control system in the picture from NAVAIR, L3Harris' marketing literature has shown that it is small enough to be installed inside a typical truck cab.

There are also distinct differences between the known VAMPIRE-equipped Humvee we now have a picture of and those of M1152A1s armed with LAND-LGR4s that have been seen in service in Ukraine previously. Most notably, the latter vehicles did not appear to have a sensor turret of any kind installed. The mounts used to attach the LAND-LGR4 launchers to the earlier vehicles were also distinctly different from the type associated with the VAMPIRE system.

At the same time, NAVAIR's statement that it was able to deliver four VAMPIREs within six months of the project starting, at least on its end, raises the possibility that Ukraine may have received multiple variations of the system. The LAND-LGR4-armed vehicles seen in use in Ukraine earlier this year were also observed being used to attack targets on the ground. However, VAMPIRE has a latent ground attack capability on top of its primary surface-to-air functionality.

"Early reports indicate the weapon system is having an immediate impact in the ongoing Ukrainian wartime effort," Navy Capt. Alex Dutko, PMA-242 program manager, said in a statement about the VAMPIRES delivered to date. "This activity is another example of our team responding to urgent requirements with unprecedented speed and agility."
Even before the first VAMPIREs arrived in Ukraine, APKWS II rockets had demonstrated their capability to engage certain types of drones and cruise missiles when launched from ground-based platforms, as well as aircraft.

For the Ukrainian armed forces, VAMPIRE offers an important additional counter-drone tool. Russian forces make regular use of Iranian-designed kamikaze drones for strikes against targets deep inside Ukraine. This has only become more pronounced as Russia's stocks of long-range ballistic and cruise missiles have dwindled.

In addition, Russian forces have been making major use of domestically developed kamikaze drones closer to the front lines, including against Ukrainian aircraft parked at air bases, air defense assets, and other high-value targets.

At the same time, many of Ukraine's drone-hunting teams are equipped with a hodgepodge of older, if not thoroughly obsolete weapons. They also rely on a variety of improvised equipment, including high-power laser pointers and hand-held spotlights, to try to spot and track incoming threats, often at night. VAMPIRE offers a far more precise means of engaging enemy drones together with a very capable targeting system that works after dark and during the day.

'Shahed hunters': Air Force of Ukraine continue to shoot down Iranian drones launched by Russia

Ukrainian forces do use higher-end air defense assets to knock down incoming drones, but those systems are also in great demand to protect against higher-tier threats. Altogether, it is not surprising to hear from the Navy that units in Ukraine have been making good use of VAMPIRE.

As already noted, Ukrainian forces have shown the value of Humvees with LAND-LGR4 launchers as a means to engage targets on the ground, as well.

VAMPIRE use in Ukraine also provides additional validation of the general concept of using APKWS II rockets against aerial threats. The U.S. military is also working to acquire ground-based air systems that utilize APKWS II and the LAND-LGR4 launcher. This includes a containerized system that the U.S. Army has been evaluating and that you can read more about here.

Invariant''s C-UAS version of its Container Weapon System

The U.S. Air Force has also been exploring the use of APKWS II rockets as a lower-cost option for combat jets to use to engage cruise missiles and drones.

The U.S. military, and other armed forces around the world, are becoming more and more concerned about threats posed by cruise missiles and drones. Weaponized commercial drones have become a particular danger on and off conventional battlefields, and the barrier to entry to employing them is low.

Separate from the effort to get the VAMPIRE systems to Ukraine, NAVAIR's PMA-242 has been working with defense contractor BAE Systems on a new proximity-fuze warhead for use with APKWS II that is optimized primarily for use against lower-tier drones. One of the key benefits of the APKWS II design, overall, is the ability for the laser guidance package to be readily combined with any one of a variety of standardized warheads and then be attached to a standard 70mm rocket motor.

APKWS, The Innovation Continues

The Navy expects the first examples of the counter-drone proximity warhead, which includes a radiofrequency sensor and also has the ability to engage targets in a point-detonating mode, to be available to U.S. forces soon.

When it comes to VAMPIRE, if nothing else, we have now gotten a conclusive look at one of these valuable systems as they have been provided to Ukraine.

Contact the author: [email protected]

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/our-best-look-at-a-vampire-counter-drone-system-for-ukraine

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 7:26:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#16]
Air defense works in Izmail. Stay in safe places
If it is not possible to go into the storage room - 2 walls from the window, bathroom, corridor, entrance, any recess (cellar or basement).
]
https://t.me/our_odessa/58105

Shahedy in Odesa - in the direction of Reni, the Air Force reports. Orlivka is also a threat
https://t.me/our_odessa/58107

Residents of the Khmelnitsky district could hear the sounds of explosions. Airborne Forces are working.
Remain under cover until the alarm is over.

Governor’s FB

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Yeah well they can have their freedom to spew nonsense again soon enough. I already got one "Why aren't you killin' Roosians?"

I'm not pushing it. Still feel wonky when I first stand up or lay down. I did some push ups and squats the other day and thought I was going to black out. You lose your fitness level quick when you just lay around. My girl is happy with the new physique, so I need to stay in shape which means moving around. Today was a good day. Hoping the good days keep coming.
View Quote

Tai Chi to help keep your looseness & mobility without physical stress?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/At3TsgU.png

MT-LB with S-60 57 mm Anti Aircraft Gun and cope cage.
View Quote

The book version of "armor & weapons systems of the Russo-Ukraine ware" is going to be huge. I mean, physically large.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#19]

The liquidator shot the fugitive traitor Ilya Kiva in the back, - RosSMI

It is reported that the first bullet hit the heart, the second was a “control” bullet in the head. He then fled the scene without being seen by anyone.

Professional 🫶

https://t.me/uniannet/119278

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Do you want to see some Russian cringe? I mean a LOT of cringe. Bringing back "Pioneer camps" for adult Russians, most of whom probably attended the originals during the Soviet era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsA9CGq7xjs

Now for the regular news talk show with Skabeeva featuring a dean from Moscow State University. First he talks about the need to punish Ukrainians after they inevitably defeat Ukraine in battle, punish them the old Russian way (whatever that is, it typically was pretty bad). Milley wants to slit all our throats. Then he talks about America being racist to everyone else, but gets hung up on the fact that SecDef Austin is a Negro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUMbC2gmyUA
View Quote

Man, that dude was hung up on “the negroes!”
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Ditto what Ben said. The shills and haters are out and proud the last couple days in particular. And they really are haters in the literal sense of the word. I don't get it.

Anyway, I'm really glad to hear that you're feeling better. Don't push it too hard, but get better.

I've said to myself that we will soon hear the argument from the Pro-Russian side that promoting and facilitating Ukrainian resistance against Russian aggression will in fact encourage more Russian aggression against other E. European countries. And low and behold, there is a well known poster in one of the "US troops in Europe" threads that suggests this very thing.

We now have people arguing that in order to stop Russian aggression, we (US/Europe) need to get on our knees and give Russia what they want.
This is the same argument that a woman resisting being raped is just making things worse for herself.

Truly, part of the American (and European) right wing has gone totally insane...

Same here.  Been a Republican since 18, though I voted independent in the last two Presidential elections.
If the only thing that will convince the conservative movement to move on from Trumpism is crushing defeat, so be it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes

They use a similar warhead (but a lot bigger) on Shaheds.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

I think you’re right.  Wasn’t that originally posted 2-3 weeks ago?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

That’s correct and Zerohedge was a big part of pushing that narrative along with their “Ukrainians are Nazis” narrative at the same time.  I know because I got sucked into that by, largely, Zerohedge.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Yeah, date of the attack was November 11th.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Suck it, commies

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Yeah well they can have their freedom to spew nonsense again soon enough. I already got one "Why aren't you killin' Roosians?"

I'm not pushing it. Still feel wonky when I first stand up or lay down. I did some push ups and squats the other day and thought I was going to black out. You lose your fitness level quick when you just lay around. My girl is happy with the new physique, so I need to stay in shape which means moving around. Today was a good day. Hoping the good days keep coming.

View Quote

Hey Easterner -- glad to hear you are feeling better !   wishing many blessings for you and your team --  

stay warm --
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#32]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-6jLIqXEAAnCgT?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_AsB8VawAAbzEj?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_AsB8WbMAA_tWj?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_AsB8Va0AAG5xF?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_AtX7pbcAAoyQO?format=jpg&name=large
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-6jLIqXEAAnCgT?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_AsB8VawAAbzEj?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_AsB8WbMAA_tWj?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_AsB8Va0AAG5xF?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_AtX7pbcAAoyQO?format=jpg&name=large

Well there you go.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#33]

When the initial PATRIOT version was fielded, it was primarily designed for Air-Breathing Threats (with some capability against MRBMs).  To greatly simplify things, since Air Breathers were the primary initial target set, the explosion was optimized to focus on the main body of the target, since on a jet that is where the engines, wing structure, fuel, and a large amount of other good 'splodey stuff is located.  Gulf War I, with the target set changed to primarily Ballistic Missiles, taught us that even if you blow up the airframe of a missile, the payload often survived.  That means that, say PATRIOT is defending an area target (such as an airbase, city, industrial area, seaport, etc), there was a good chance that the payload was still going to land and go Boom! somewhere where it was going to cause damage.  Therefore, PAC II was optimized to destroy the forward portion of a target, where the payload is located on a missile.  This had the unintended (but very welcome) consequence of making PAC II even MORE effective against air breathing threats, as shredding the cockpit to the point of structural collapse and converting the crew into diced long pork tends to stop the aircraft from flying RFN.  Therefore, when PAC III, which is a "Kinetic" (hit-to-kill) round came along, PAC II was retained as well and was upgraded, since transonic/supersonic cruise missiles were becoming a thing, as besides PAC-2's sterling capability to convert the front third of most existing aircraft into falling debris, it also does really "Old Testament" things to cruise missiles.  Therefore, the OP was stating that there was a high likelihood that you would need a state-of-the-art forensics lab to identify what ever was left of the crew once the missile went off.
View All Quotes

Please explain.

CMOS

When the initial PATRIOT version was fielded, it was primarily designed for Air-Breathing Threats (with some capability against MRBMs).  To greatly simplify things, since Air Breathers were the primary initial target set, the explosion was optimized to focus on the main body of the target, since on a jet that is where the engines, wing structure, fuel, and a large amount of other good 'splodey stuff is located.  Gulf War I, with the target set changed to primarily Ballistic Missiles, taught us that even if you blow up the airframe of a missile, the payload often survived.  That means that, say PATRIOT is defending an area target (such as an airbase, city, industrial area, seaport, etc), there was a good chance that the payload was still going to land and go Boom! somewhere where it was going to cause damage.  Therefore, PAC II was optimized to destroy the forward portion of a target, where the payload is located on a missile.  This had the unintended (but very welcome) consequence of making PAC II even MORE effective against air breathing threats, as shredding the cockpit to the point of structural collapse and converting the crew into diced long pork tends to stop the aircraft from flying RFN.  Therefore, when PAC III, which is a "Kinetic" (hit-to-kill) round came along, PAC II was retained as well and was upgraded, since transonic/supersonic cruise missiles were becoming a thing, as besides PAC-2's sterling capability to convert the front third of most existing aircraft into falling debris, it also does really "Old Testament" things to cruise missiles.  Therefore, the OP was stating that there was a high likelihood that you would need a state-of-the-art forensics lab to identify what ever was left of the crew once the missile went off.

I want to sign up for one of your history classes. 😁

I think your account of events are more memorable then the textbooks I’ve read.

“As I was saying about the Maxim machine gun and how it was first deployed in battle…”
😂

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:26:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#34]

"special CIA mice"
View All Quotes
They get the mice, but the idiots finish them off completely.

Nowadays, in the trenches and dugouts, talk about “biological sabotage” with mice, or at least the “conscious inaction” of those who were supposed to poison mice in the fields, has become popular. I don’t believe in the first at all, and the second - I don’t believe in “consciousness.” But I believe in mice - everything goes disastrously here with them.
Corroded materiel and personal belongings of fighters are the beginning of trouble.

Someone ends up in the hospital because of mouse bites - and this is no time for jokes, given the whole bouquet of surprises from the bites of these creatures.
And then come the idiots. And I'm afraid of them myself.

Taking a soldier's peacoat into which mice have crawled - and "shooting" him with an anti-drone gun at point-blank range right in the dugout - completed (-1 phone and -1 working laptop as a bonus)

Get rat poison and scatter it everywhere, including a food warehouse, then get a broken jaw after talking with annoyed officers - completed
Spraying a dugout with dichlorvos without calculating the consequences - completed

Throw the bag with the collected exterminated rodents behind the potbelly stove (you should brag to others), change your position yourself and forget about the bag - done (they stink worse than a corpse)

Not checking the supplies one more time (and here every extra one is not superfluous, but a spare one), losing as much mice in a day as we lose from shelling - accomplished

Telling soldiers' tales about the terrible biological consequences of bites from special CIA mice does not count; soldiers' tales are eternal and cannot be punished

Order “powerful mice repellents” to volunteers, get 10 mousetraps on 2.5 km of systems, several injured and one broken finger among the l/s arguing that the mousetrap “just hurts, but won’t break anything / will cut off a finger for the hell of it” " - done

And this is just a side issue that distracts from the actual fighting. And nothing more.

One of the definite advantages is that you can feel the replenishment of your l/s for the first time in a long time. We have reached the stage of dominance of manpower, now may God grant us the strength, intelligence and ability to manage this wisely.

https://t.me/shouvalov/164

"special CIA mice"

They probably have The Diabetes or other western bio toxins!

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Putin’s reception in UAE.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_3951-3051137.jpg

UAE. Arrival of the Supreme Commander at the Presidential Palace Qasr Al-Watan
Looks epic. They will discuss the oil issue and Russia's role in OPEC+. The topic of Israel's war will be touched upon.

Two majors

https://t.me/dva_majors/30308
View Quote

Was that the Su-24 streaming colored smoke as it crashed in the background?!

“I am sorry Vlad. I specifically asked that the ten Patriot batteries be turned OFF before your visit. Anyway, about that nasty crude you pump…”

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Oh yeah, hit that bad boy with a stick.

“Do something.”

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm feeling much better today. Talked to my team leader and he is anxious for my return.

Feeling froggy tonight. Guess I'll get out the boat and wade into the fishing waters of GD.
View Quote

No, you are obviously still delirious and your decision making is impaired. 😂😂😂 More bed rest!

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#38]

I've seen plenty of videos of that stuff coming down from a distance, but never from up close. That IS terrifying.
View All Quotes

I've seen plenty of videos of that stuff coming down from a distance, but never from up close. That IS terrifying.

The first time I threw an M49A1 I had a similar experience!  The bad thing is I was stupid enough to do it a 2nd time.    I was wearing the issue black leather glove shells.  When the sun came up, my right glove looked like I shook hands with the Devil.

There won't be a 3rd time!!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#39]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAqopn9WgAAdL9P?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GArZHH-XQAEDlOj?format=jpg&name=900x900
View All Quotes

The opening was attended by the mother of the fallen hero. The woman is proud of her son, who loved his country to the last and defended it from the invaders

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAqopn9WgAAdL9P?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GArZHH-XQAEDlOj?format=jpg&name=900x900

Wow. Very realistic. The eternal Fuck you Russia. Glory to Ukraine!

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Gudabeg:

Sounds great! Wish you all the best.

And, of course, if you tell them you are fighting on the front they’ll just call you a blood thirsty warmonger.

It’s ironic how closely their talking points mirror the gun grabbers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gudabeg:

Sounds great! Wish you all the best.

And, of course, if you tell them you are fighting on the front they’ll just call you a blood thirsty warmonger.

It’s ironic how closely their talking points mirror the gun grabbers.

A lot of their tripe is word for word from the peace movements of the 60s and 70s.

Quit listening to your inner Yoko Ono you dumb fucks!

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Redman556:

Let's not forget China when we list nations we shouldn't be buying from. We can't totally eliminate them initially, but we can wean ourselves off of them. I will only buy Chinese if there is no other option available at all, or in a dire emergency where getting another product means weeks to months, and it's needed that day or the next.

I've been doing fairly well with that over the past ten years. Less and less from China. I've bought three things made in China of any value in the last five years, and those Chinese products were bought used. Two cell phones and a laptop. The phones , I didn't spend money on. The phone company gave them to me for free because when they switched to 5G my old phones weren't compatible. The laptop I bought from a female friend used.

It can be done. It takes time to get new sources for things that are made there that are hard to find American or allied made replacements, but in the course of six months, you can almost be China free.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Redman556:
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Slovakia…another small country suckling on the Russian oil teat.

Man, Europe went all in with cheap Russian oil and gas and then blathers about climate change and clean energy. What could possibly go wrong becoming totally dependent on Russia for keeping your factories running and the cash registers on??!!

I’m am continually amazed Eastern Europe countries that suffered under Soviet attack and oppression jumped so easily into the lap of the tsar. I’ve seen street interviews asking similar question and the response is “It wasn’t so bad, we had lights and 2-3 meals a day. It could’ve been worse.”

To be fair, the US stayed but buddies with Saudi Arabia despite them being the real braintrust for international jihad through their network of religious indoctrination schools and financial backing to jihadists, even after 9/11.

Oil is something no society can do without, and the majority of it is produced by really repugnant countries.

Fair point, especially since the US can be energy dependent if we want to. But like Europe we swallowed the Russian narrative for green energy, our oil bad for Mother Earth  but Russian or Saudi oil good!

Europe had other options within Europe and ME or even US, but chose Russia for being cheaper. I don’t care how cheap something is we should not be buying it from vile barbarians like Russia. Especially if your country already suffered under decades of cruel oppression under them. There is always a choice. Walmart cheap is no excuse when it’s your former rapist.

And I wouldn’t mind seeing the ME sealed off and strangled economically back to their natural state of Stone Age.

Let's not forget China when we list nations we shouldn't be buying from. We can't totally eliminate them initially, but we can wean ourselves off of them. I will only buy Chinese if there is no other option available at all, or in a dire emergency where getting another product means weeks to months, and it's needed that day or the next.

I've been doing fairly well with that over the past ten years. Less and less from China. I've bought three things made in China of any value in the last five years, and those Chinese products were bought used. Two cell phones and a laptop. The phones , I didn't spend money on. The phone company gave them to me for free because when they switched to 5G my old phones weren't compatible. The laptop I bought from a female friend used.

It can be done. It takes time to get new sources for things that are made there that are hard to find American or allied made replacements, but in the course of six months, you can almost be China free.

Agree 100%. And more manufacturing is actually springing up around Asia so instead of every thing made in China you can now find boots or clothing made in Vietnam, Thailand or Philippines for example.

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Oh yeah that was totally fucked up. They arrived with no one to meet them. No commander. Left stranded so they stopped in that village to try to find out where to go. So they were stationary for some time and lighting up the airwaves. 😂

Doom on you.

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#43]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAtDgyJXAAA-Xu1?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAnhj0UWsAANHCw?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GApagPEboAAiBKj?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAq8wzDWcAAvc8S?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAsN5VIWwAA8CYV?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAr6pzQXEAAx4bR?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GArkaV6XwAAzSaW?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GArlJ_PXQAEhlSJ?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAr5HTyWoAAYNnW?format=jpg&name=900x900

Suck it, commies

View Quote

Ukrainian Railways strikes again!
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#44]

“As I was saying about the Maxim machine gun and how it was first deployed in battle…”
😂

View All Quotes

Please explain.

CMOS

😂

I would like to bring some of my equipment, weapons and other artifacts in when I lecture on certain eras (the Spanish/American War, WWI, WWII, the Cuban Revolution, etc), but I have not to date received permission from the administration for some reason.....
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Did the aid package get approved today?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Bring it to the floor for a bipartisan vote. It has the votes to pass, does it not? It's just a fringe group opposing. Remember Civil Rights? Dems had solid control of Congress, but they brought it to the floor to have Republicans vote for it with partial Democrat support.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Did the aid package get approved today?
View Quote

No, I don't believe so.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Bring it to the floor for a bipartisan vote. It has the votes to pass, does it not? It's just a fringe group opposing. Remember Civil Rights? Dems had solid control of Congress, but they brought it to the floor to have Republicans vote for it with partial Democrat support.
View Quote

At this point the GOP has committed to having border security in the Ukraine bill. Even Romney was asking the democrats why they value open borders over Ukraine.

The political malpractice by the Dems is astonishing. Just vote for the bill and tell your base the evil Republicans forced you to secure the border and you'll repeal it next time.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Almost 195,000 hectares of agricultural land were demined in Ukraine this year

Thanks to the Armed Forces of Ukraine, farmers in almost all regions have harvested crops, sown winter crops, and pyrotechnic units of state bodies and non-governmental operators are able to demine fertile Ukrainian lands.

This is reported in the press service of the Apparatus of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.

Thus, in November, more than 17,000 hectares of agricultural land were inspected. Since the beginning of the year, more than 257,000 hectares of land have been surveyed as part of the priority demining of agricultural lands.

Despite the worsening weather conditions, pyrotechnic units continue their work on surveying and demining the most valuable Ukrainian lands. In the last week of November, more than three thousand hectares were examined, more than fifteen thousand hectares were cleared or demined .

Since the beginning of the year, almost 195,000 hectares have been returned to farmers for economic exploitation. The government continues work on strengthening the capabilities of pyrotechnic units.

The largest areas were surveyed in November within the framework of the plan for the priority return of agricultural land to use in the Kherson region - 12.4 thousand hectares. In Kharkiv Oblast, pyrotechnicians surveyed more than 3.5 thousand hectares of agricultural land in a month. Even more than 1.3 thousand hectares were surveyed in the Mykolaiv region.

It is noted that on December 4, an Agreement was signed between the governments of Slovenia and Ukraine on the provision by Slovenia of €1.5 million in humanitarian aid on an irreversible basis for the purpose of humanitarian demining, which will be sent to provide the sappers of the State Emergency Service and the State Special Transport Service with the necessary individual protection, equipment and machinery for demining

Also in November, the American company Tetra Tech, which cooperates with the US State Department, started demining work in five regions of Ukraine. The Buffett Foundation provided mechanized demining machines to Ukraine. In November, Canada sent 6 DIGITAL VANGUARD-S robotic systems to Ukraine. Also, Azerbaijan handed over a demining machine to Ukraine, which went to Poltava Oblast. Germany provided Wisent 1 demining tanks and special materials for the disposal of explosive ordnance. Switzerland will send a total aid package of 1.2 million Swiss francs (+€1.3 million) for the Digger fund demining machine, trailer and spare parts. 144 groups of non-governmental organizations have already been involved in demining.

https://armyinform.com.ua/2023/12/07/v-ukrayini-czogorich-rozminuvaly-majzhe-195-tysyach-ga-silskogospodarskyh-zemel/

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III's Meeting With Ukrainian Minister of Defence Rustem Umerov
Dec. 6, 2023

Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III met today with Ukrainian Minister of Defence Umerov at the Pentagon to reaffirm continued U.S. support for Ukraine. Secretary Austin highlighted the Department's ongoing activities to meet Ukraine’s urgent requirements, including through the provision of air defense, artillery, and anti-armor capabilities as part of the fifty-second Presidential Drawdown package announced today. The two leaders discussed outcomes of the U.S.-Ukraine Defense Industrial Base Conference held earlier in the day, emphasizing the important role U.S. industry plays in supporting Ukraine's forces now and sustaining them into the future. Secretary Austin and Minister Umerov also discussed ongoing work to coordinate the support of some 50 Allies and partners that continue to provide Ukraine with the capabilities it needs to push back on Russia's aggression.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3609349/readout-of-secretary-of-defense-lloyd-j-austin-iiis-meeting-with-ukrainian-mini/

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5154 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top