Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5387 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:43:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#1]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:45:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#2]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:48:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#3]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure how much of a deterrent this is considering the range of artillery and rockets. But better to do something to slow down the savages than nothing at all.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Alrighty then. I'll adjust my posts accordingly.

In other news, Russia continues to lean on unwitting migrants to bolster its ranks and for 'reconstruction projects,' which are usually just a delivery mechanism for unscrupulous gains enjoyed by businessmen and officials. The BBC recently did a story about this, highlighting the language barrier that prevented some migrants from fully understanding the contracts they were signing with the MoD. According to the Russian Academy of Science's Institute for Economics, Russia was facing a labor shortage of almost five million workers as of the end of 2023. We now have a new report that marries the two stories, with the scheme being to lure migrants into Ukraine for high paying construction jobs in occupied territory, and then at times 'transfer them to the Army.

Russia Lures Migrant Workers Into Ukraine, Only to Put Many on the Front Line.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Question: this space threat, how likely is it directed specifically ally at the war in Ukraine versus a threat to Europe or US in general?

IOW, is this likely a weapon to use in the war or against the supporters of Ukraine. I’m an idiot regarding space weapons so talk slow when explaining.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
Alrighty then. I'll adjust my posts accordingly.

In other news, Russia continues to lean on unwitting migrants to bolster its ranks and for 'reconstruction projects,' which are usually just a delivery mechanism for unscrupulous gains enjoyed by businessmen and officials. The BBC recently did a story about this, highlighting the language barrier that prevented some migrants from fully understanding the contracts they were signing with the MoD. According to the Russian Academy of Science's Institute for Economics, Russia was facing a labor shortage of almost five million workers as of the end of 2023. We now have a new report that marries the two stories, with the scheme being to lure migrants into Ukraine for high paying construction jobs in occupied territory, and then at times 'transfer them to the Army.

Russia Lures Migrant Workers Into Ukraine, Only to Put Many on the Front Line.
View Quote

I can see that working for a while and then blowing up spectacularly in the long term.  A lot of these migrants come from places where life is cheap, including their lives.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Not sure how much of a deterrent this is considering the range of artillery and rockets. But better to do something to slow down the savages than nothing at all.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_5760-3129355.jpg

View Quote

I couldn't be militarizing fast enough were I the Baltics. They're the obvious next targets, and their militaries, while professional, are also small due to their population sizes. They're also geographically much smaller than Ukraine, meaning that they can't trade space for time like Ukraine did early on in the war.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Question: this space threat, how likely is it directed specifically ally at the war in Ukraine versus a threat to Europe or US in general?

IOW, is this likely a weapon to use in the war or against the supporters of Ukraine. I’m an idiot regarding space weapons so talk slow when explaining.

View Quote

No technical competence but it has to be directed at Europe and the US.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Waaaaa!

but in Russia they blocked all their money when they put it in Russian banks and they lost all their finances. Now they say that they do not like Russia and dream of leaving Russia. The Russians caught them and forced them to apologize on camera.

Nothing fixes vatniks like a trip to Russia. It is necessary to create a state program in each country, where the state will buy a ticket for Russia lovers to Russia. This will solve all problems)

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#11]
One of the questions that come to mind, is what height from the earth does a nuke have the capability for a large EMP kill. Maybe they just arent lookinmg at sattelites, but an EMP weapon that would fry electonics high and ground based.??????
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:29:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaehaerys] [#12]
Originally Posted By Capta:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

I think, more than anything, it's indicative of the fact that Russia is increasingly separating itself from the rest of the world in terms of treaties, international law, etc. It reinforces something that's been in my head for a long time. Namely, Russia is truly committing to the course that it's on, and this will only get worse. They'll continue to do things like this, they'll continue to dehumanize their geopolitical opponents in the minds of their population (e.g., rambling about the decadent west and referring to Ukrainians, Estonians, Latvians, etc. as "Nazis"), they'll continue to try to destabilize the west via hybrid war, etc. In other words, they're fixing to become a larger, more dangerous Iran/North Korea, in that their entire reason for existing is starting to boil down to opposing the west.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

Biden hasnt been tracking shit. I just hope someone in DC is awake, lucid, not in the ER with complications, or at some gay orgy and can react if needed...
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Waaaaa!

but in Russia they blocked all their money when they put it in Russian banks and they lost all their finances. Now they say that they do not like Russia and dream of leaving Russia. The Russians caught them and forced them to apologize on camera.

Nothing fixes vatniks like a trip to Russia. It is necessary to create a state program in each country, where the state will buy a ticket for Russia lovers to Russia. This will solve all problems)

View Quote

Genuinely curious @The_Resurrector
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#15]
OK enough teasing, UA!!

I have seen several tweets about tail sections of GLSDB being in Luhansk and Crimea. But nothing about unusual long strikes?!  AD sites? Helicopter bases?  

C’mon man!!

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Using nukes in space to kill satellites is akin to taking a shit in the pool to get rid of one kid you don't like. Yeah, shitting in the pool will make him leave, but nobody else, including you, is going to be swimming any time soon. The fact that this idea is an extremely reckless, irresponsible, and stupid plan in which everyone loses, is precisely what leads me to believe that this could very well be a legitimate Russian strategy. This is the sort of stuff that makes Russia dangerous.
View Quote

True. But who is more dependent on space satellite's? And if Russia or China have been developing doctrine with the assumption that space will be a non factor for ALL sides, they would likely have prepped for this eventuality. Meanwhile, most of US strategy and systems assumed full access to space.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#18]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_5758-3129246.jpg

Certainly puts Elon’s nuts in a vise among other things.

View Quote

I wonder if this would explain his pacifism? In the post-apocalypse, he is just another asshole fighting for food/water. A billionaire playboy has more to lose than most anyone I guess...
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#19]

I couldn't be militarizing fast enough were I the Baltics. They're the obvious next targets, and their militaries, while professional, are also small due to their population sizes. They're also geographically much smaller than Ukraine, meaning that they can't trade space for time like Ukraine did early on in the war.
View Quote

I would invest in mostly shit that could make it to st petersburg from my western border, and have five or six thousand ready to go to overwhelm and destroy the city. If someone even farted at me from russia, I would let them fly.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:52:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#20]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:
One of the questions that come to mind, is what height from the earth does a nuke have the capability for a large EMP kill. Maybe they just arent lookinmg at sattelites, but an EMP weapon that would fry electonics high and ground based.??????
View Quote

Odds are, they didn't shield it properly, and the commercial chips will fail from radiation and the trip up there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Waaaaa!

View Quote
How could they have possibly known that something like that would happen? It's not like there is a historical precedent of this happening to westerners starting a new life in Russia....
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:55:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#23]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:58:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#24]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Odds are, they didn't shield it properly, and the commercial chips will fail from radiation and the trip up there.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:

The Russians have trouble getting payloads into orbit at times, imagine one of these nuke anti satellite systems having a failure after launch.

I don't think they could afford to risk it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#25]

I think, more than anything, it's indicative of the fact that Russia is increasingly separating itself from the rest of the world in terms of treaties, international law, etc. It reinforces something that's been in my head for a long time. Namely, Russia is truly committing to the course that it's on, and this will only get worse. They'll continue to do things like this, they'll continue to dehumanize their geopolitical opponents in the minds of their population (e.g., rambling about the decadent west and referring to Ukrainians, Estonians, Latvians, etc. as "Nazis"), they'll continue to try to destabilize the west via hybrid war, etc. In other words, they're fixing to become a larger, more dangerous Iran/North Korea, in that their entire reason for existing is starting to boil down to opposing the west.
View Quote

I think you are correct. It's looking more and more like Russia will be left with 2 main choices in the near future: utter humiliation and repudiation OR go for broke nuke war.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:03:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#27]
View Quote

History suggests that this is most likely

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View All Quotes

lol, it basically just boils down to yet another Russian nuke threat.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:06:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#29]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#30]

The Russians have trouble getting payloads into orbit at times, imagine one of these nuke anti satellite systems having a failure after launch.

I don't think they could afford to risk it.
View Quote

They can tell everyone they did. Seeing how their stuff performs, and the record of the latest icbm rocket I think they would be lucky to have something stay in orbit and remain functional. Lots of scientists were arrested recently, I wonder if that was to keep them quiet for multiple reasons.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Gingerbreadman:
How could they have possibly known that something like that would happen? It's not like there is a historical precedent of this happening to westerners starting a new life in Russia....
View All Quotes
Waaaaa!

There were a metric shitton of Spaniards, Americans of various descriptions, Germans, etc, that the few survivors of such could have clued them in.....
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Taiwan tangent- this used to be all air, seems like more naval integration lately.

"Real Time Military Updates", Taiwan Ministry of Defense.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Canada sending $60M more to Ukraine as U.S. aid remains gridlocked
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Taiwan tangent- this used to be all air, seems like more naval integration lately.
View Quote

Gonna repost this to the Solomon island thread
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#38]

It's not like they can't ELIMINATE the houthi threat. Damn.
View All Quotes

The navy seems to be having some effect, plus getting live training on hitting mobile launchers of cruise and ballistic missiles.  

Who knew that the enemy runs out of weapons when you are allowed to strike them?

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

Link?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Someone wanted to know the effects of a nuke as an anti satellite weapon, this Russian report documents the effects, it translates to English.

https://pikabu.ru/story/yadernoe_oruzhie_v_kosmose__glupaya_zateya_9691112
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#41]

You are not wrong.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Has there been one case of the Russian using Close Air Support in coordination with their ground troops?   Has anyone seen one single case of that kind of combined arms coordination from the Russians?

I've looked and looked and when I seen reports of Russian air being used it does seem that they're basically flying under their own orders from high up and I get the impression they're not at all connected with their ground forces.  Am I wrong?

You are not wrong.

I believe initially there was a little of that. But Russians were loosing many planes so it more or less stopped after a month.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#42]

The navy seems to be having some effect, plus getting live training on hitting mobile launchers of cruise and ballistic missiles.  

Who knew that the enemy runs out of weapons when you are allowed to strike them?

View Quote

It's the article that is framing the houthi situation that will deplete our stockpile. I think we have stuff we can strap to invisible airplanes and make them go away pretty quickly if we desired.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By nraheston:
New Video of HIMARs Strikes:

Ukrainian Drones Pounding Russian Infantry:

Ukrainian Avenger SAM Barely Misses Russian Lancet:

Video from the Gunner of a Ukrainian Bradley:

Footage from Ukrainian 95th Artillery Brigade:

View Quote

First time I've seen a Bradley fire a TOW. Not sure what he was shooting at, hope the treeline was worth it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#44]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_5758-3129246.jpg

Certainly puts Elon’s nuts in a vise among other things.

View Quote

I.... I.... seriously question the particle physics of all that...
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#45]

It's the article that is framing the houthi situation that will deplete our stockpile. I think we have stuff we can strap to invisible airplanes and make them go away pretty quickly if we desired.
View All Quotes

lol, I was laughing at the article a bit as well, I didn't know they needed 155mm artillery to stop the Houthi threat.

It figures a Marine thinks the Navy goes around using SM-6's for everything as well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Yeah. All the lives extinguished for their idiotic war is just a "small sacrifice" to this asshole. Wait until they raise the conscription age to 80, then maybe he will change his mind.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Here's a Russian Media Monitor bit that's worth watching. Sergey Karagamov is a scholar and think tank guy in Russia, so he's clearly very literate even though he's a Nazi scum, not one of our regular guests. He talks about the western/US retreat from Ukraine and Russian ascendancy, and theorizes on the significance of Tucker Carlson's interview. It's a very clear message that the only interaction that Russia responds to is superior force. He also repeatedly calls for Russia to escalate conflict to assure western retreat and Russian victory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL4Y2yJg9GA

Yeah. All the lives extinguished for their idiotic war is just a "small sacrifice" to this asshole. Wait until they raise the conscription age to 80, then maybe he will change his mind.

Yeah, that was an eyebrow-raising moment. The lads are dying not only for the glory of Russia, but to save the whole world, so monuments will be erected to them in national capitals when this is over, and the cost is not merely bearable but a 'small sacrifice.'

Per historical norms, Russian society doesn't question if a war is maybe going badly until they hit a half-million casualties. That point is coming pretty soon, for good or ill.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#47]
this is going to jam some Kalashnikovs.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

From the very little I've read, it could wreck low earth orbit commercial satellites. That would take Starlink out completely, if I understand correctly. So while it is generally aimed at NATO, it is in particular a big hit against Musk & Ukraine's Starlink network that has been extremely valuable. We haven't talked about that much since Musk sent truckloads of receivers to Ukraine early on, but it was truly a game-changer for them. Russia still has shit-tier comms, and Ukraine is doing very well.

This new thing actually fits very well with that RMM video I posted earlier today where the guy is repeating that Russia should escalate and use nuclear weapons in new ways. It fits too well, in fact.

The important principle is that a nuke is a nuke. It shouldn't matter if it's used in space, in the annexed territories, or anywhere else. The western leaders must stand firm. They already see us as as weak and believe that knocking us down will help them accomplish their goals. That's dangerous.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Waaaaa!

Come to the Kleptocracy, they said.
We’ll be rich, they said.

Shoigu, Gerasmov, what savings doing?

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5387 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top