Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5464 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

We could do a 100:1 replacement for the original 31 donated. And imagine the skill of the crew that had their tank destroyed but they survived and were in a new tank days later...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Assuming the US has tons and tons of Abrams that can be re-furbished or brought out of storage, it would be hilarious if the US publicly stated that for each Abrams destroyed/captured by the Russians, five more will be given to Ukraine.  

We could do a 100:1 replacement for the original 31 donated. And imagine the skill of the crew that had their tank destroyed but they survived and were in a new tank days later...

After concussion protocol, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By swede1986:
I'm drinking Champagne tonight.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#3]

We had a combined B52/B1/Gripen overflight of Stockholm today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/135411/nato6_png-3151215.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/135411/nato5_jpg-3151216.JPG
View Quote

Look's like the great Russian strategist never anticipated Sweden and Finland joining NATO when he started his Special Military Operation; one he thought would be over in 30 days.

The Baltic and Gulf of Finland just became a bit less hospitable for Russian vessels.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
The Russian POV of the Ukrainian USV attack, now with some audio.

View Quote

I'll bet they're not big on setting condition Zebra or whatever they call it when they get called to general quarters. That being said, I doubt compartmentalization on a ship that small would have helped that much. Maybe would have floated longer.

https://navyadvancement.tpub.com/14325/css/Material-Conditions-Of-Readiness-341.htm
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:
Realistically, it’s going to have to be countries like Poland, Finland & Sweden that provide NATO leadership, moving forward.  

Germany is politically compromised and completely checked out.

France is France.

The US position sways with the wind, unfortunately.
View Quote

We've casually talked about value in a pact between eastern Euro nations that have more direct and active threat from Russia. Given the new fragility of NATO, maybe this has value. Finland, Poland, Czechia, Slovakia, Romania, Hungary, Sweden, and Denmark could be the first bulwark to defend the Baltics.

Like every bully, Putin will continue pushing until someone pushes back hard enough to force a stop. The jingoistic, militaristic, and nationalistic rhetoric coming out of Moscow these days is more like Berlin 1930s than anything I could name.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Maybe add some AR500 plates.
View Quote

Kontact armor
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

ATACMS is heavier.

But the length thing is a killer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

It’s a meter and change too long but you can launch them from fixed mounts and moving launchers are in the works.

Looking up Wiki they are 3500 pounds which coupled with the pressure from launching probably puts a lot of stress on the 5 ton FMTV or 2.5 ton LMTV chassis.

ATACMS is heavier.

But the length thing is a killer.

Bet somebody could fab up something for those Tochka TELs that are sitting around outta bullets.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By METT-T:

Bet somebody could fab up something for those Tochka TELs that are sitting around outta bullets.
View Quote

I like the way you think.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

Fighting
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Most SMEs are saying it's going to take until 2025 for the increase in European production capacity to be felt by the Ukrainians. So, this should provide a halfway decent backstop. More can and should be done, though.

I agree, as said before, we and NATO need to give from stockpiles now so that later in the year we catch up on production of new rounds.  Then we can start shipping older rounds while replenishing our stockpiles with the newest production.

GD will say we need our arty with a 50 mile range to fight china Lol

That gets me everytime.

South Korea has HUGE stockpiles because of their neighbors, and Taiwan has a lot of artillery to keep the Chinese off their beaches.

Long range systems are going to be the big players in that scenario.

Chinese and U.S. troops won’t be 500 miles from each other, let alone 50, before Nukes are used.

There's US troops within 500 miles of China right now, in Okinawa and S. Korea.

Fighting

So your contention is that China immediately goes nuclear if/when they invade Taiwan?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
Sweden NATO accession documents have made their way to the US Department of State and its the official depository of NATO protocols.

This is the last step of the process of a country’s NATO membership application

Welcome to NATO Viking warriors!

🇸🇪

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH-VRpiWEAAc7sG?format=jpg&name=large

Skál!
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Scouts destroyed the Russian complex "Murom-P":

The Russian storage facility for towed artillery in Omsk, which was completely depleted throughout the war.
Satellite images from May 2021 to May 2023.

Indians were scammed and sent to fight in Ukraine
Seven Indian citizens recorded a video message in which they said that they were forced to participate in the war in Ukraine on the side of Russia.

According to the Indians, they were lured to Belarus by a certain “travel agent”. He extorted money from them and then disappeared.

“We didn’t know we needed a visa. When we arrived in Belarus, the agent asked us for money and then disappeared,” said one of the Indians. In Belarus they were arrested by Lukashists and deported to Russia. There they were forced to sign unknown documents, after which they were sent to military training and then to the front.

Massive drops on Russian camp near Krynki:

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:43:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#14]
20 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:56:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#15]
Posted days ago, but identified. NSFW Russian bled out.
https://x.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1765494301935476992

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

Soy based wiring insulation has been a problem for many people here in the USA when their autos wiring harness's have been chewed by squirrels. Wiring should not "taste good" to rodents.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K0UA:
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/22FV5Z0.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/HJRB3ve.jpeg

From topwar.ru

Soy based wiring insulation has been a problem for many people here in the USA when their autos wiring harness's have been chewed by squirrels. Wiring should not "taste good" to rodents.

Also happens with the rubber- and petroleum-based stuff in a lot of places.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#17]

So your contention is that China immediately goes nuclear if/when they invade Taiwan?
View All Quotes

Most SMEs are saying it's going to take until 2025 for the increase in European production capacity to be felt by the Ukrainians. So, this should provide a halfway decent backstop. More can and should be done, though.

I agree, as said before, we and NATO need to give from stockpiles now so that later in the year we catch up on production of new rounds.  Then we can start shipping older rounds while replenishing our stockpiles with the newest production.

That gets me everytime.

South Korea has HUGE stockpiles because of their neighbors, and Taiwan has a lot of artillery to keep the Chinese off their beaches.

Chinese and U.S. troops won’t be 500 miles from each other, let alone 50, before Nukes are used.

Fighting

If U.S. troops are in Taiwan?

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:58:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#18]
View Quote

I'm missing something.

I see what is apparently ACU/UCP pattern with a possible guy in Russian pattern off to our right his left?

I see now. Dang! Dude was just all walking by himself? A company commander, none the less?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#19]

I'm missing something.

I see what is apparently ACU/UCP pattern with a possible guy in Russian pattern off to our right his left?

I see now. Dang! Dude was just all walking by himself? A company commander, none the less?
View All Quotes

I'm missing something.

Yeah, some of you guys called it when you thought it was a higher ranking soldier, didn't know how to treat his wounds.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#20]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIBLlBXWwAAbmXU?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Says video doesn’t exist.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaehaerys] [#21]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

We've casually talked about value in a pact between eastern Euro nations that have more direct and active threat from Russia. Given the new fragility of NATO, maybe this has value. Finland, Poland, Czechia, Slovakia, Romania, Hungary, Sweden, and Denmark could be the first bulwark to defend the Baltics.

Like every bully, Putin will continue pushing until someone pushes back hard enough to force a stop. The jingoistic, militaristic, and nationalistic rhetoric coming out of Moscow these days is more like Berlin 1930s than anything I could name.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:
Realistically, it’s going to have to be countries like Poland, Finland & Sweden that provide NATO leadership, moving forward.  

Germany is politically compromised and completely checked out.

France is France.

The US position sways with the wind, unfortunately.

I think Germany is making some good progress in terms of its defense industry, but I don't have much faith in German politicians. When it comes to France, the way it lays out its security priorities fundamentally breeds distrust in the rest of Europe. France has historically been tolerant of Russia as a major or middle-sized power, while caring far more about power projection in distant places, like sub-Saharan Africa. Needless to say, that breeds distrust with Northern and Eastern Europeans, for whom Russia is the overwhelming national security threat. Plus, there's the fact that one Macron is gone, there's a very good chance that France ends with an actual Putin agent as a president.

Finland, Poland, Sweden, Czechia, Slovakia, etc. do come to mind as potential members in an Eastern European pact to combat Russia. That being said, I think that the Russians are going to target as much information/hybrid warfare at these states as possible, to breed division. I've read that the Russians are targeting a shitload of disinformation at the Polish working class, where support for Ukraine has tanked relative to what it used to be. Hungary has Putin's butt buddy in charge, as does Slovakia (to a certain extent).

This is one of a few reasons why I think people who argue that Russia isn't a serious threat to Europe because it's bogged down in Eastern Ukraine are mistaken. At this point, I think that anyone who thinks we're going to see an all out war between Russia and NATO is mistaken, because I think the long term plans of the Kremlin are to fundamentally weaken Western democracies, the EU, and NATO, all of which it views as being inherently temporary phenomena doomed to failure. If, say, Le Pen gets elected in France, far right (i.e., AfD) and far left parties gain enough influence in Germany to paralyze its foreign policy towards Russia, the US continues to be skeptical towards security commitments to Europe, and more Putin puffers get into positions of power in Eastern Europe like they already have in Slovakia, Hungary, and Bulgaria, the Russians will likely do something to destroy faith in article 5. This could take the form of a hybrid invasion of, say, Estonia, for instance.

The chances of this happening are by no means zero. Right now, Russia just has to sit back, let the west grow tired of the war (that it's not even fighting), and let its disinformation do its work.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:33:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#22]

View All Quotes

Try this one.

https://x.com/Aerobomber_UA/status/1763854508147315135
It might be you aren't logged into Twitter.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:35:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#23]

Yeah, some of you guys called it when you thought it was a higher ranking soldier, didn't know how to treat his wounds.
View All Quotes

I'm missing something.

Good job, the 33rd Special Forces Detachment "Peresvet" is a part of Putins terror troops of the Russian Interior Ministry.

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Good job, the 33rd Special Forces Detachment "Peresvet" is a part of Putins terror troops of the Russian Interior Ministry.

View All Quotes

I'm missing something.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

What a historic photo. Can you imagine having a photo like that on your "I Love Me Wall"?

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

I'm missing something.

Interesting, thanks for that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By klinc:

They (Russia) had a few rocket launches several months back that they might have got something decent into space to monitor the area/theater.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By klinc:

There is a pattern I am seeing recently with Russian targeting.

They are consistently using the Iksander ballistic missiles to quickly get a weapon on targets they spot.  Like the Himars, like the S-300 site, like this attempt today.  They have shortened their time of spotting a target, and then using a very fast ballistic missile which has less than 5 minutes of flight time to hit any target in Ukraine.

They (Russia) had a few rocket launches several months back that they might have got something decent into space to monitor the area/theater.

Probably related, UA S-300 systems and long range radars have taken a bit of a beating over the last couple weeks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:51:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#28]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By METT-T:

I bet they're launching S-200s.

This is how we did it. I think we have a couple members here who were assigned to these.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Was he wearing American UCP? Didn’t work for him either. Never should have gotten off the couch.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#30]

That bridge is not long for this world.
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH-FscjW8AMTUiW?format=jpg&name=medium

One option.

IF Ukraine could have gotten Taurus, a single missile with a correct fuze setting could be made to go off inside the concrete pillar, it would not take the number of missiles in the leaked conversation to do this.

That bridge is not long for this world.

Just thinking out loud but I think the pilings driven in the seabed are the weak link.
I imagine a mine clearing charge draped across those pilings 30 feet below the surface would be the end of that bridge for a very long time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Says video doesn't exist.
View All Quotes

Says video doesn't exist.

Works for me when I paste the URL into twittervideodownloader.com .

Warning:  that's a lot of blood.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:43:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ike838] [#32]
dupe
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:43:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaehaerys] [#33]
Revealed: how Putin plans to flood West with migrants. To be clear, I don't think that Russia caused the migration crisis Europe is experiencing, but they're certainly exacerbating it. The Russians don't necessarily create problems in the west, but they exploit them and dump gasoline on the fire. It'll also be interesting to see how the people who think Putin is fighting for White Christendom manage to spin this one...
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#34]
NSFW

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#35]
https://i.imgur.com/IPy3qSl.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/L8cEWlu.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/cTmqEkr.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/dpAoxjE.jpeg

Bulgarian deliveries to Ukraine.

It seems they are cleaning out some depots.
View Quote

They remind me me of playing with army men with those colors.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#36]
NSFW

View Quote

If we did an "I'm out" gif for when we are done with a thread, this would make a good one.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#38]
NSFW

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

That gets me everytime.

We have bases that are about 10 km from each other in Djibouti.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
NSFW

Turret vs Orc.

Who can travel highest?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#41]
NSFW

View Quote

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time
'Til touchdown brings me 'round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh, no, no, no
I'm a rocket man
Rocket man
Burning out his fuse up here alone
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#42]
NSFW

View Quote

Don't go riden golf carts down in Zaporizhzhia
and there ain't no good chain gangs
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

WOW

Thanks for that one. cant even fathom why a Russian private doesn't just gtf out of dodge.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
NSFW

WOW

Thanks for that one. cant even fathom why a Russian private doesn't just gtf out of dodge.  

The Russian invasion in one image.

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 3Florks:

That last paragraph.  You have my attention
View Quote

It was in jest but maybe if the Germans imagine themselves as Ukraine, fighting Russia in a meatgrinder, they make take things somewhat more seriously.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By birdbarian:

If we did an "I'm out" gif for when we are done with a thread, this would make a good one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#48]
More footage from a nearby ship.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIAa7dHWsAEHTQX?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Wow! Talk about front row seats. I would have been putting on a life jacket and hiding since either the RU strafe my deck with panicked machinegun fire or a drone hits me by mistake.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Originally Posted By birdbarian:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExMnJ2b3pxbThpdXphcXkwanl5aGRvNnJ0OWhjNXZmOHg2NmtlemR2cSZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/oJEM3L3KI6IwnpNNk9/giphy.gif

Epic.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#50]

The subject of Azov, Pravyy Sektor, and other Ukrainian ultranationalist formations is a complicated one. They use some symbolism that has some questionable meanings, such as Wolfsangels, Sonnenrads, and even just UPA flags. That being said, they aren't invading other countries and ethnically cleansing their populations. Additionally, Azov garrisoned Mariupol for eight years, and there wasn't a single anti-Semitic attack or hate crime in general linked to members of the regiment. Both Azov and Pravyy Sektor posses a number of Russian speakers, and I know Pravyy Sektor has a number of Jews in their ranks. The main conclusion I've come to is that they view the aforementioned symbols as just being a way to insult and piss off the Russians, more than anything.

Regardless, the Ukrainian far right has consistently done horrible at the ballot box. In 2019, when they presented a united front, they got 2.15% of the vote. The height of their popularity was during the reign of Yanukovych, whose pro-Russian policies sparked nationalist backlash. Even then, Svoboda only got 10% of the vote. It should also be noted that the Party of Regions deliberately promoted Svoboda and gave them TV time, as they made for a convenient sparring partner. I'd also point out that the people who complain about Ukrainian ultranationalist formations ignore the fact that a ton of far right formations have been fighting for Russia in the Donbas for a decade (Sparta, Rusich, Wagner, Russian Imperial Legion, etc.), and the fact that Russia supports most of Europe's neo-Nazi parties, the leadership of whom came to "observe" the referendums during the annexation of Crimea.
View Quote

For both Russia and Ukraine nazi symbols are generally anti-communist symbols and have little or nothing to do with antisemitism. To them, WWII was not about the holocaust or the Jews, as this was just some minor sideshow to them (more Russian/Ukrainian POW's starved to death in the war than Jews died in camps). Basically somewhat similar to the Confederate flag in the USA. 0.00% of folks flying a rebel flag want to own any slaves (or be around black people).
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5464 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top