Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1203 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:33:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rpoL98:

might be worthwhile to get a "burner" twitter account just so you can see stuff.
View Quote
Most anything interesting shows up in other places.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:35:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iLiSMNFwxg
View Quote

I hope his analysis is correct about Ukraine making those huge pushbacks and cutting off rooskie supply lines.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:36:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Well woke up for an air raid alert this morning. Normally it is nothing I can see or hear. Lying in bed this time I hear something outside. Like a rubbernecker in a traffic jam, I crack open the window to listen  Yes, it was several rockets/missiles of some sort. Sounded like a jet, but more like a rocket on a straight trajectory. No sort of maneuvering could be heard by me.

The good news is there were no following explosions to be heard. Maybe a week ago we heard the same thing with follow up explosions. The next morning we had reports a missile was shot down. Currently hunkered down in the bathroom to avoid windows and exterior walls. Waiting not so patiently for the all clear alert. My stomach is in knots. Luckily the toilet is near.
View Quote
Well fuck
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:37:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Well woke up for an air raid alert this morning. Normally it is nothing I can see or hear. Lying in bed this time I hear something outside. Like a rubbernecker in a traffic jam, I crack open the window to listen  Yes, it was several rockets/missiles of some sort. Sounded like a jet, but more like a rocket on a straight trajectory. No sort of maneuvering could be heard by me.

The good news is there were no following explosions to be heard. Maybe a week ago we heard the same thing with follow up explosions. The next morning we had reports a missile was shot down. Currently hunkered down in the bathroom to avoid windows and exterior walls. Waiting not so patiently for the all clear alert. My stomach is in knots. Luckily the toilet is near.
View Quote

Good to hear from you. Thanks for checking in. Keep on hanging on.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:37:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

Huh? I don't get what you're asking?

If true it's a pretty big deal. If fake and I repeat it, it makes me sound foolish.
I saw people talking about it for multiple pages in here but I only saw the one tweet about it. Just looking for more info.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Forgive me if this has been already addressed, but is there any actual evidence of these mass shipping of civilians off to concentration camps or gulags? It's a pretty giant claim and I'd reeeeeeally like some hard evidence before I repeat it anywhere.

Then what's your point of fucking repeating it then?

If true it's a pretty big deal. If fake and I repeat it, it makes me sound foolish.
I saw people talking about it for multiple pages in here but I only saw the one tweet about it. Just looking for more info.

LOL, social media "influencers" using arfcom to source their information.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:39:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

Shitty equipment I get, but I still would have expected Russia wouldn't have a shortage of aks even if they were old 7.62s.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Circuits:
There is enough pics of mosins, that isn't the only one.  Must not be willing to pay for modern sniper rifles.

White armband indicates separatist militia, so they are not regular forces and get shitty, old equipment. I am surprised they haven't been able to arm up with battlefield pickups, though.

Shitty equipment I get, but I still would have expected Russia wouldn't have a shortage of aks even if they were old 7.62s.

I’m starting to think these guys are staged with the Mosins.  To project the illusion that these separatists are scrappy poorly equipped underdogs fighting the big Nazi war machine.  None of these guys have bandoliers to feed these things, but they all have new looking matching uniforms.  Russia is never going to run out of AKs, but these clowns happen to have rifles from 1930.  I’m calling propaganda.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:44:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MattyCR] [#7]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

I'm honestly surprised that it stopped the one round. I've shot a lot of shit with 5.45 and it's pretty good at punching through steel. I'm no metallurgist but spring steel must be significantly better than regular ol' mild steel plate.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stretchman:

Didn't watch the video, huh?

I had to go back and watch it again. I saw it stop the one round. I wonder if they should test it with m193, or whatever the Rus equivalent is. I guess something is better than nothing.

I'm honestly surprised that it stopped the one round. I've shot a lot of shit with 5.45 and it's pretty good at punching through steel. I'm no metallurgist but spring steel must be significantly better than regular ol' mild steel plate.

Spring steel is no better than mild at stopping rounds.  

Hardened Chromoly is what you want and that is the worst type of steel to use for springs.  

They should be cutting up bulldozer buckets and scrapers to make armor as thats the perfect material for plates.

Shit, theyd be better off hardfacing 3/8 1010 with strings of rod than wasting time cutting up springs.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:45:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I wish Hungary remembered Budapest 1956 better. It looks like Orban Viktor is trying to thread the needle between EU/NATO and Russia trying to stay neutral. But there is no staying neutral in something so aggressively barbaric and criminal.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Those SUVs were from Lithuania alone.

I have said it many times in this thread: there is a feeling in nations subjugated by Russia that Ukrainians are fighting what is our war. We know that given the slightest opportunity Russia would have treated Warsaw,Riga,Vilnius and Tallinn the exact same as they are Mariupol.
 We have known Putin was going to do this eventually for decades,it was Western Europe and the US who foolishly thought he was some kind of peer that could be reasoned with.

I wish Hungary remembered Budapest 1956 better. It looks like Orban Viktor is trying to thread the needle between EU/NATO and Russia trying to stay neutral. But there is no staying neutral in something so aggressively barbaric and criminal.

I think Hungarians remember 1956 perfectly well. No one came to help Hungary shake off the Russian invasion.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:45:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Cure4commies556:

I’m starting to think these guys are staged with the Mosins.  To project the illusion that these separatists are scrappy poorly equipped underdogs fighting the big Nazi war machine.  None of these guys have bandoliers to feed these things, but they all have new looking matching uniforms.  Russia is never going to run out of AKs, but these clowns happen to have rifles from 1930.  I’m calling propaganda.
View All Quotes
There is enough pics of mosins, that isn't the only one.  Must not be willing to pay for modern sniper rifles.

White armband indicates separatist militia, so they are not regular forces and get shitty, old equipment. I am surprised they haven't been able to arm up with battlefield pickups, though.

If their logistics are as bad as we've heard, it may not be a matter of running out of AKs but rather the ability to distribute them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:46:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

I found the naval captain Interesting.

Where did they bag him I wonder?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Shitty robotranslate

Ukrainian warriors destroyed the deputy commander of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation on the military-political work of the captain of the first rank of Andrei Palia! The next senior officer of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation was liquidated during the demilitarization of the Russian army in Ukraine.
Brilliant success. And it is symbolic that the Paliy was just responsible for the ideology and the fooling of the gray soldiers' mass, it was he who was introduced into the rapid minds of citizens of the Russian Federation, a lie about the Ukrainian threat, the Nazis, the biolaboracy and other harmony to determine the Ukrainians and so that the Russian army kills easily and without remorse.
And here one of the ideologues of massacres received by merit. Interestingly, the direction where the path was destroyed. Subordinates of the Black Sea Fleet of Part 126th Color Defense Brigade are broken down by Nikolaev and fled to Kherson in a panic, and the 810th Marine Brigade carries large losses of the storming Mariupol.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:47:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Well fuck
View All Quotes

Well fuck

Да, очень пиздец.

All clear now. Yesterday I went to the park in the afternoon. Air raid sirens were wailing and I still enjoyed the moment. Fuck these cowards.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:49:10 AM EDT
[#12]

,  .

All clear now. Yesterday I went to the park in the afternoon. Air raid sirens were wailing and I still enjoyed the moment. Fuck these cowards.
View Quote
That's a life I can't wrap my head around.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:49:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: x248716x] [#13]
they're probably using electronic intelligence, signal intelligence to pinpoint the locations of the command posts, then passing the coordinates off to the Ukraine artillery or drone pilots.  DIA was recently bragging about how they have real-time actionable intel which they pass to the Ukranian military.
View Quote

them Baofengs are killing them.

ETA: and probably their cell phones also.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:50:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

Because we have been down this road before in coalitions against Russia.

We lost in 1848.....we lost in 1918 we lost in 1945 ...and we certainly LOST in 1956 when nobody wanted to support us except Franco in Spain who had several planes ready in Germany to drop supplies off to rebels..

In the end...history has shown Hungary MULTIPLE fucken times..that the West and all of its coochy momma alliances are JACK SHIT when it comes to the real fighting and shooting.

Before Hungary went into Russia in 1941,we asked for reassurances and other setups from the allies and we got nothing but blank stares and promises like before.

In the end...Hungary will remain neutral sadly until article 5 hits.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Those SUVs were from Lithuania alone.

I have said it many times in this thread: there is a feeling in nations subjugated by Russia that Ukrainians are fighting what is our war. We know that given the slightest opportunity Russia would have treated Warsaw,Riga,Vilnius and Tallinn the exact same as they are Mariupol.
 We have known Putin was going to do this eventually for decades,it was Western Europe and the US who foolishly thought he was some kind of peer that could be reasoned with.

Because we have been down this road before in coalitions against Russia.

We lost in 1848.....we lost in 1918 we lost in 1945 ...and we certainly LOST in 1956 when nobody wanted to support us except Franco in Spain who had several planes ready in Germany to drop supplies off to rebels..

In the end...history has shown Hungary MULTIPLE fucken times..that the West and all of its coochy momma alliances are JACK SHIT when it comes to the real fighting and shooting.

Before Hungary went into Russia in 1941,we asked for reassurances and other setups from the allies and we got nothing but blank stares and promises like before.

In the end...Hungary will remain neutral sadly until article 5 hits.

Precisely.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:53:27 AM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes

,  .

Waiting is the worst part. More volunteers than weapons and gear. I can't fight a missile, but I would sure love to gut a pig.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:53:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

If their logistics are as bad as we've heard, it may not be a matter of running out of AKs but rather the ability to distribute them.
View All Quotes

No doubt the Russian logistics is full retard, but they’ve had since 2014 to get these clowns a AKM.  The Mosins are for show.  They could have at least made their uniforms look more ragtag.  This is memberberries for the Great Patriotic War, but poorly done.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:54:16 AM EDT
[#17]
 Russia is never going to run out of AKs
View Quote

Mhm.

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"

Milton Friedman

Maybe they did run out of them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:55:13 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Prayers and keep us posted
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:55:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#19]
Double tap. Fuck Russia
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:59:37 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

might be worthwhile to get a "burner" twitter account just so you can see stuff.

It's all on the various Telegram channels posted here. I have a few and see them there first.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:02:30 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Could be.

To be fair though, the old guy does have a pouch on the left side of his belt so I wouldn't say they don't have bandoliers or ammo.

If they had open sight Mosins I'd say you are probably right but the fact they are the sniper model with an optic makes you wonder if there is some sort of sniper or marksmans role for them to back up the AK's.

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By netstorm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5YevpOS7t4
View Quote

If that analysis is even half right, that would explain so much of the Russian Military's failures so far. That was astounding to me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Yes. And yes, there's places where survival will likely not be likely because we killed the civil defense program decades ago.
If they happen to live suburban and are deliberate and smart, survival is almost a given though.
It's far from a helpless situation.  
View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKrWT0R7u-0

I bought some Lugols solution yesterday.

And I can't believe I'm actually thinking about getting a suit and mask, as well.

There's a whole thought process that leads to the purchase of iosat not being ridiculous.
First you need a good alpha/beta/gamma meter
Then you need a dosimeter and charger
Then you need a hole in the ground with a good thick and dense roof
Then a least a couple weeks food
Then a place to put the food when it comes out the other end
Then some antibiotics and iron for when your blood counts get fubar. (yeah that's going to happen too)
... there's more that goes here ...
Way down at the bottom of the list
Then you worry about the distant as fuck chance of radioiodine fucking your thyroid  

"I'll just take some iodine and ward off the nuclear war" is altogether sad

It's cheap. It gives people a feeling of having at least done something to prepare for potential radiation exposure.

I live in a studio apartment 15 miles downwind of an Air Force Base. I have no delusion about what might happen.

I think the take away from that video is that this war has got a lot of people worried and thinking about the very real possibility of freaking nuclear bombs coming their way.

Probably even more so than during the Cold War.

Yes. And yes, there's places where survival will likely not be likely because we killed the civil defense program decades ago.
If they happen to live suburban and are deliberate and smart, survival is almost a given though.
It's far from a helpless situation.  

How do you figure its a given with radiation ? Just seal up the house as best as you can and wait it out ? Very possible you'd make it but I don't know its guaranteed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:08:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#24]

Could be.

To be fair though, the old guy does have a pouch on the left side of his belt so I wouldn't say they don't have bandoliers or ammo.

If they had open sight Mosins I'd say you are probably right but the fact they are the sniper model with an optic makes you wonder if there is some sort of sniper or marksmans role for them to back up the AK's.

View All Quotes

I'm starting to think these guys are staged with the Mosins.  To project the illusion that these separatists are scrappy poorly equipped underdogs fighting the big Nazi war machine.  None of these guys have bandoliers to feed these things, but they all have new looking matching uniforms.  Russia is never going to run out of AKs, but these clowns happen to have rifles from 1930.  I'm calling propaganda.

Could be.

They captured one of the deep salt mine storage depots in 2014. It reportedly held everything from cavalry sabers to new crates of modern small arms. The inventory reportedly totaled a couple million of everything.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:13:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Waiting is the worst part. More volunteers than weapons and gear. I can't fight a missile, but I would sure love to gut a pig.
View Quote
I have no doubt
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:16:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By kncook:
I’m not joking.

What defense stocks should I be buying?
View Quote

avav
rtx
lmt
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:20:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By qcka:

Well, there's doubt about whether they were actually Slavs, they were wiped out almost a thousand years ago and the terratory has changed hands at least a dozen times since then.  Using this logic as a basis for who has a right to the territory, the Italians, Greeks, Germans, Turks, Russians and Chinese all have a similar claim.

ETA- I'm not disputing that Ukraine has the full right to Donbass, Luhansk, and Crimea....just that this story is a fairy tale used for propaganda purposes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
like the fairy tale of the Kyvian-Rus that someone bizarrely keeps spamming this thread with.

K, let’s here your evidence against this.

Well, there's doubt about whether they were actually Slavs, they were wiped out almost a thousand years ago and the terratory has changed hands at least a dozen times since then.  Using this logic as a basis for who has a right to the territory, the Italians, Greeks, Germans, Turks, Russians and Chinese all have a similar claim.

ETA- I'm not disputing that Ukraine has the full right to Donbass, Luhansk, and Crimea....just that this story is a fairy tale used for propaganda purposes.

Wait what? You’re saying Slavs were wiped out a thousand years ago? They may have been defeated in wars but not wiped out as a ethnicity. Nor were they completely expelled from Ukraine entirely.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:25:41 AM EDT
[#28]
First Time Ever Seeing This Happen #shorts #russia #ukraine
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:26:40 AM EDT
[#29]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hillaryNod-496.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Forgive me if this has been already addressed, but is there any actual evidence of these mass shipping of civilians off to concentration camps or gulags? It's a pretty giant claim and I'd reeeeeeally like some hard evidence before I repeat it anywhere.

Then what's your point of fucking repeating it then?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hillaryNod-496.gif

Yeah that's some shit. I have been getting information from friends in Lviv, Odessa, and Mykolaiv. My friend and her family from Kiev already left the country to an undisclosed location somewhere on this side the globe. I have pretty much stopped posting information on here because a few people are asking way to many questions about it and wanting way to many details. One person actually wanted a way to get in touch with someone I know in Ukraine, that's a giant no no with me. We have way to many people watching this thread for information, both members and guests of this site. We are getting to the point where a good house cleaning of trolls needs to happen.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:31:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Polish military flight about half way home from NY. Hmmm

Reg.:0111
Poland
DB flags:military
Type:B738
BOEING 737-800
Type Desc.:L2J
Squawk:0520

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:38:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Anyone that has read "The Liberators" by Suvorov probably isn't surprised there are troops with Mosins.  Granted, he was biased and obviously disillusioned.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:39:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Taiwan raises altert level after Ukraine invasion | DW News
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:47:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By triode:
Attachment Attached File

View Quote

Hopefully it becomes more like this:

bear gets hit in the nuts for messing with a bungee cord
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:52:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Is it just me, or does it seem the era of the tank and plane is coming to an end, with the proliferation of portable missiles and small drones?  The rifleman is becoming more and more essential too.  Shore to ship weapons need to evolve, but it seems like war is getting more mano a mano again, the individual to platoon are more deadly than ever.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:53:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By sq40:
Is it just me, or does it seem the era of the tank and plane is coming to an end, with the proliferation of portable missiles and small drones?  The rifleman is becoming more and more essential too.  Shore to ship weapons need to evolve, but it seems like war is getting more mano a mano again, the individual to platoon are more deadly than ever.
View Quote

Oh ya. Drone/unmanned warfare is really where it’s headed more and more.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:54:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:55:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By x248716x:
they're probably using electronic intelligence, signal intelligence to pinpoint the locations of the command posts, then passing the coordinates off to the Ukraine artillery or drone pilots.  DIA was recently bragging about how they have real-time actionable intel which they pass to the Ukranian military.

kill them all.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:57:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Sure is looking that way.
View All Quotes

Sure is looking that way.

This is the case for all but the richest armies, I believe. The United States will develop technical solutions (unless the present j competence prevents it) and regain dominance.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:58:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By mancow:
Polish military flight about half way home from NY. Hmmm

Reg.:0111
Poland
DB flags:military
Type:B738
BOEING 737-800
Type Desc.:L2J
Squawk:0520

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168134/2022-03-20_00_30_56-ADS-B_Exchange_-_tra-2319771.JPG
View Quote

that's a little plane for that long hop.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:58:54 AM EDT
[#40]

He's a bit more optimistic in his appraisals of the logistics situation than am I, but we're trending in the same direction.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

An interesting thread. Any truck fleet/mil transport guys have a view what he says?

He's a bit more optimistic in his appraisals of the logistics situation than am I, but we're trending in the same direction.

Thanks elcope, it's useful to know that this is the likely trend. This whole conflict has been an eye opener about the critical importance of supply lines and infrastructure.  

Slightly terrifying though, as this must be apparent to Russia too. Their options to grind this out keep getting more limited.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:58:55 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:59:42 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Armor only works when it is supported by infantry ;)
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:59:57 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

arm everybody.  jail the criminals who abuse the rights.  hand out antitank and manpads to those willing to get training and securely store them.  

did I miss anything?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:05:52 AM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By netstorm:
https://i.ibb.co/c8MWy1n/dog.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/wgRZKfQ/dog2.jpg

Supposedly, the Marines have these.

This machine gun-wielding robot is controlled with just a tablet and joystick
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:06:36 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

tanks and aircraft are vulnerable at all times.  

Russians are being super stupid.  

flooding a combat zone with manpads makes anything flying under 15000ft a suicide mission given enough sorties.  

flooding a combat zone with antitank missiles makes anything less than a huge rolling combined arms overmatch a suicide mission.  

so long logistical lines supporting a few spearheads to try to take a few cities with no air support and just long range atg or guided missile support from the rear results in the massive clusterfuck.  

when the UN finally says "Russia stop or else" and we are the "or else" we get to see if all the money we've spent on weapons in the last 50 years has been worth it.  

if the world learns the lesson that insane dictators with nuclear weapons can't hold the world hostage, it's probably worth the price.  then we get another 40 years of Pax Americana if the Democrats don't fuck us all first.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:06:47 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I feel for the knees of the rifleman, imagine the usual load out plus atgm and manpad as standard issue!
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:08:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kagetora] [#47]

I have a set of leaf springs in my shop and this makes me want to go shoot them with several different flavors of 5.45 and 7.62x39 tomorrow.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By Kagetora:

Well...yeah. If it's 5160 (number right?) then it's tooling steel, far from mild steel. It's probably not as resilient as AR500 or something specifically designed for ballistics, but...it's also a 1/2" thick. LOL. That's why it weighs twice as much as a standard steel plate you'd shove in a vest, and barely fits in theirs.

It wouldn't be fun to wear, but I'd bet it'll stop most small arms fire.

It also makes great swords!

It’s not going to stop much.

I have a set of leaf springs in my shop and this makes me want to go shoot them with several different flavors of 5.45 and 7.62x39 tomorrow.

We await the results. My guess is that 5.56 isn't a laser beam or phaser, and can be stopped by 1/2" of 5160.

ETA: If it DOES go through, I guess wearing a 22 pound welded together leaf-spring plate on your chest isn't a great idea. I mean, if that's the case, just put some pages from whatever book you believe in in the plate carrier pocket and hope for the best. Maybe some voodoo, or a chest piece made of the enemy's bones. I dunno.

Or send them more real armor.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:09:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Timeflies] [#48]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

If that analysis is even half right, that would explain so much of the Russian Military's failures so far. That was astounding to me.
View Quote

astounding? You should raise your expectations.

Bug eyes lost me at about 10 minutes in.

Apparently a photo op of soldiers, and firearms, with people in attendance. The people in attendance were holding the firearm and looking through the site. Yet, this was being portrayed as the outsiders were threatening the guys in uniform and was a supposed piece of evidence that they were subjugates of crime leaders?

Lol at Aaron Rodgers cheap suit doppelganger

Edit: Yes, it is clear the Russian military is a few decades behind being a competent and effective force. AKA they suck. But these dudes start going off the deep end, connecting dots just to connect dots.  Youtube minimum video lengths do that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:12:55 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

IIRC in the book Starship Troopers the prevalence of man portable anti-armor weapons and the development of infantry power armor lead to the obsolescence of all armored fighting vehicles.

So, I guess in that regard Heinlein was prophetic.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:18:40 AM EDT
[#50]

Good doggie
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1203 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top