Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1648 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

My criticism of the 113 is that it's sort of a worst of both worlds option between tracked and wheeled vehicles. It offers protection equal to or even less than armored wheeled vehicles while having a logistics appetite closer to other tracked vehicles.

Still, the price is right, beggars can't be choosers, and sending them to ride into Europe to make Russia's life harder is better than scrapping them.
View Quote

All I can say is after having driven a 113, I say congratulations and enjoy the ride. I'd rather ride in a 113 than a BMP death trap (unless we are talking about actual combat between BMP (30mm auto) and a M113 with a 50cal.)
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
How long has Mariupul held on?  Heroes in my book.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By sq40:

A real life version of this seems perfect for modern combat,

https://starcitizen.tools/images/e/ee/Cyclone-MT_Concept_Driving.jpg?version=965beb4d241fff4866e697eac1d49114
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Unrolled tweet thread above ^

That's another good thread.

Here's a non-Twitter link to the thread reader: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1514645271493459970.html

Based on previous discussions, I think it's worth highlighting this part:

I agree with that.

Dudes rolling around the battlefield in HMMWVs or Toyotas or whatever with a pile of ATGMs and Stingers are going to be much more responsive and have a much smaller support requirement than massed groups of tracked vehicles like MBTs and IFVs.

MBTs still have a role in defending key points, but the less you have to move them, the better.

A real life version of this seems perfect for modern combat,

https://starcitizen.tools/images/e/ee/Cyclone-MT_Concept_Driving.jpg?version=965beb4d241fff4866e697eac1d49114

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Intersting. Also, in 2005 then Sen. Obama (Marxist)  and RINO and Moscow frequent flyer Sen. Dick Lugar traveled to Ukraine and paid them off to destroy over a million surplus small arms, billions of rounds of ammo, and artillery shells. This was a step in a long term plan to take Ukraine starting with lifelong Soviet sympathizer Bill Clinton and Budapest Memerandom.
View Quote

Coup or no coup, Obama and other dem and rino assholes had designs on Ukraine. McCain was up in their ass also. Maybe it was just to antagonize Russia or maybe they it became a key intersection of corruption, Western aid kickbacks, and dem money laundering.

Irregardless, the Ukrainian people truly wanted to reject Russia and move toward EU.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:
View Quote

Do or die amphibious landing?   They can't be that retar... oh who am I kidding?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

They're already at war with Ukraine. One they started. So if they do declare war, I suspect it will be Poland, but not directly named, but those that are fighting with Ukraine by supplying weapons.

Russia shot its wad with Ukraine and therefore is in no shape to fight Poland. So the declaration is just another baseless threat from them.  If they want a naval battle with the USA, it's quite clear the USA will work over the russian surface navy in short order.  However, submarine battles would be different.  I suspect USA would get some blood on the chin, but work their sub fleet over as well.
View Quote

If Russia keeps running their cock-holster, they will convince Poland to make a move and Russia, already with shit pushed in by UA, should want to avoid a pile-on.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Pictured: Wife who was recorded 'ordering her Russian soldier husband to rape Ukrainian women' as it emerges he was wounded in fighting

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/15/19/56661717-0-image-a-27_1650047026377.jpg

A wife who was recorded giving her Russian soldier husband permission to rape Ukrainian women during Vladimir Putin's invasion has been pictured, as it emerged the man has been wounded in the fighting.

Earlier this week, Kyiv's security forces released an audio clip of a conversation between a couple, who have now been identified as Roman Bykovsky and his wife Olga Bykovskaya by Radio Liberty.

In the recording, the woman - allegedly Bykovskaya - is heard telling the man that he has her permission to rape Ukrainian women while he is serving in Russia's invading forces, so long as he does not tell her and uses contraception.

The shocking 30-second clip was released on April 12 as Ukraine's president Volodymyr Zelensky accused Russian troops of carrying out 'hundreds of rapes' including sexual assaults of small children in his country

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/15/18/56659429-10722417-image-a-24_1650042647682.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/15/18/56659921-10722417-image-a-23_1650042639217.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/15/18/56659925-10722417-image-a-25_1650042650602.jpg

They also learned that the couple had moved to the Russian occupied Crimean peninsula, approximately around 2018.

Olga's social media account meanwhile was open (until it was deleted on April 13). On her account, she was shown in pictures with the man identified as Roman Bykovsky. It also showed the pair share a 4-year-old child together.

Radio Liberty tried calling the couple using the numbers that were discovered.

Roman reportedly answered, and denied that he was still in the Kherson region, and once he learned that he was being contacted by reporters also denied he was the man in the audio recording. However, Radio Liberty said his voice was a match.

Olga Bykovska also answered, and confirmed to Radio Liberty that her husband was in Sevastopol being treated for an injury. After revealing that, she quickly cut the phone call off. Her social media account was deleted soon after that.

The 30-second audio clip of the conversation was posted to the telegram channel of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) on Tuesday.

'Wives of Russian aggressors call on their husbands to rape Ukrainian women,' the agency wrote on Telegram, along with the clip.

'This shocking interception by the SBU reflects the moral values ​​not only of the occupiers but also of their relatives, 80% of whom now support the war in Ukraine,' the agency claimed in its description of the recording.

Continued
View Quote

Nasty little bitch is just looking for a Jody pass.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

So a $375 grenade or two takes out a half million dollar tank.
Ukrainians are a frugal bunch.
View All Quotes

Another one bites the dust

Those looked like RPG7 warheads.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:44:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomislav] [#14]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Ukrainian TRACTOR BRIGADE strikes again, TOWING AWAY a 122mm 2S1 Gvozdika SPG from Russian forces

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Targeting is a challenge, and the Russians have more ships than the Ukranians have missiles. The remaining ships are smaller and less important than the Moscow, but they're still there.

The Ukrainians need to be selective when deciding which RU ship needs to go bye bye, and they need to make their shots count.
View Quote

Also, having been caught sleeping, I'm sure the Russian ships are being careful and staying out further now and taking whatever precautions. It would be 10X harder to catch another one.

But keeping them farther away and out of the game is probably good enough since this is not a naval war (yet).
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Schmigs:
View Quote

should have made him bite the curb
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Do or die amphibious landing?   They can't be that retar... oh who am I kidding?
View Quote

They have to commit those troops one way or another.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
Putin is going to have follow through on his escalation threats if he "declares war".

He has no intent of letting go of mariupol, and the Ukrainians have no intention of letting him keep it. They will have to launch a counter offensive to get it back and will need heavy weapons to do so.

As a side note we need to see some heavy bombers brought down.
View Quote

I'd pay real money to see WWII type footage of Bears and Blackjacks being brought down.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Since russia likes this kind of language, the US should respond with something like "Tell your military to stop committing war crimes immediately or this situation might get a lot bigger."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Since russia likes this kind of language, the US should respond with something like "Tell your military to stop committing war crimes immediately or this situation might get a lot bigger."
QFT

Their whole strategy of bluster deterrence is too obvious and yet people still fall for it. Instead of the West clutching pearls, paralyzed (not so much this time) wondering "OMG what if Russia mad, what might they do," we should have the Russians worried about what we might do if they piss us off.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Russian marine peeks over top of landing craft

See's oncoming neptune missile

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Cruel irony.

https://i.redd.it/n615iugr7qt81.jpg
View Quote

I would love to know if the Moskva's twin 130 mm turret blew off when its weapons magazine exploded.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Gonna go full Sherman?
View Quote

Russians will be doing it out of hateful spite because they know they can't win.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Appears to be a modified RPG round minus the booster. It worked!
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#29]
https://fb.watch/cpFgnSFrtX/

Nightforce, Vortex, and Elcan scopes spotted in Ukrainian supplies, among other things.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
https://i.redd.it/2uis23yiont81.png
View Quote

It was really embarrassing when he tried to phone a friend and Xi didn't even pick up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Seems rushed.

May the Ukrainians blast them out of the water.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Seems rushed.

May the Ukrainians blast them out of the water.
Trying to get ashore before the UK Harpoons arrive perhaps.  I think that got announced 4-5 days ago, might be just long enough to herd the nearest conscripts onto the ships.  Doing so immediately after Moskva went down would be remarkably bold, but Putin is capable of accepting 50% hull losses now if waiting means being unable to use them at all later.  And it might be Putin succumbing to an angry ego thing, showing Ukraine their puny missiles can't stop mighty Russian Navy etc etc.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Playing armchair general, so feel free to laugh.

Ukraine could have tried this strategy to take out Moskva weeks ago. Why now?

My guess:

They had been holding their very limited supply of Neptune missiles in reserve in case of an attempted landing to take Odessa.

Britain promised antiship missiles.

Perhaps the Brit missiles have been delivered, giving Ukraine enough weapons of these types to feel comfortable taking a couple shots at Moskva?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Nuke retrieval?

If the Moscow went down with nukes on board.  I’m sure they’re going to send everything they have, as fast as they can, to retrieve them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

"Fucking Germans".
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

That few?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Probably still filling out the proper paperwork. .....germans.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

View All Quotes

How's does a rpg7 warhead arm itself ?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

All I can say is after having driven a 113, I say congratulations and enjoy the ride. I'd rather ride in a 113 than a BMP death trap (unless we are talking about actual combat between BMP (30mm auto) and a M113 with a 50cal.)
View All Quotes

My criticism of the 113 is that it's sort of a worst of both worlds option between tracked and wheeled vehicles. It offers protection equal to or even less than armored wheeled vehicles while having a logistics appetite closer to other tracked vehicles.

Still, the price is right, beggars can't be choosers, and sending them to ride into Europe to make Russia's life harder is better than scrapping them.

Hey its better than those MTLBs
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#41]

"Fucking Germans".
View All Quotes

"Fucking Germans".

Typical  ... For leftists across the political spectrum, misperceived social justice and environmentalism outweigh morality and common sense.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

What's he say?  Twitter wants me to have an account to read it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#44]

That few?
View All Quotes

That few?

Not clear if that includes territorial defense, partisan, police, and other non-traditional army force types. At first blush it seems like it could be low. Truth will prove it out.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:30:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#45]

View All Quotes

Standby 1

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By governmentman:
Playing armchair general, so feel free to laugh.

Ukraine could have tried this strategy to take out Moskva weeks ago. Why now?

My guess:

They had been holding their very limited supply of Neptune missiles in reserve in case of an attempted landing to take Odessa.

Britain promised antiship missiles.

Perhaps the Brit missiles have been delivered, giving Ukraine enough weapons of these types to feel comfortable taking a couple shots at Moskva?
View Quote

That is exactly my assessment as well, so I'm not laughing.    

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:31:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 45custom] [#47]

That few?
View Quote

Far more in reality. There was an official on the Ukrainian side who made a public statement a while back claiming they had the actual figures, but they wouldn't release them until the end of the war for opsec purposes. They said something to the effect that while their losses were lower than the Russians', they were still substantial.

In the past NATO sources have placed Ukrainian military casualties as being about 60% of Russian numbers, so if ~18k Russian soldiers have died then I'd estimate the real Ukrainian military losses are somewhere in the 10-12k range. Their death toll is probably higher than Russia's if you also include civilians.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

Skip to the 3:45 point...

RPG-7: How it Works and a Demo Shot
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 45custom:

Far more in reality. There was an official on the Ukrainian side who made a public statement a while back claiming they had the actual figures, but they wouldn't release them until the end of the war for opsec purposes. They said something to the effect that while their losses were lower than the Russians', they were still substantial.

In the past NATO sources have placed Ukrainian military casualties as being about 60% of Russian numbers, so if ~18k Russian soldiers have died then I'd estimate the real Ukrainian military losses are somewhere in the 10-12k range. The death toll is probably higher if you also include civilians.
View Quote

They've killed several thousand non-combatants, easily.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1648 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top