Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 276 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:18:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 4thbreak:
View Quote

Can we just pause for a second and acknowledge that Vitali FUCKING Klitschko is the mayor? Awesome
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:18:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

Lets hope its true.
View Quote
Pumpthosenumbersup.gif

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty sure that was a distant explosion on the live stream.  Daylight....so it begins
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:18:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Radio_Free_ARFCOM] [#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:18:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:19:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Being from Cincinnati, got to have a little hometown pride when I can. Genuinely didn't know our sister city was Kharkiv until now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/photo_2022-02-24_22-57-55_jpg-2292299.JPG
View Quote

Dallas is doing the same.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:19:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Lots of Ukrainian immigrants live in Cincinnati and the general Ohio area.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Being from Cincinnati, got to have a little hometown pride when I can. Genuinely didn't know our sister city was Kharkiv until now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/photo_2022-02-24_22-57-55_jpg-2292299.JPG

Lots of Ukrainian immigrants live in Cincinnati and the general Ohio area.

I knew we had some sizable Russian population areas but not Ukranian.

Then again, I try to avoid the city proper as much as possible.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:20:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jkitchen:

Besides the nukes I'm really overestimated Russia after seeing this. The US would have them beat in a couple weeks at most.
View Quote

I think after seeing this, in a conventional war the US would absolutely rape the Russians. Just the F-22 and F-35 alone along with our intelligence gathering capabilities would damn near win the war alone.

All of those tanks and IFVs are threatening if you don’t have much of an Air Force. With air superiority gained, they all become targets.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Thanks for posting this. Most on ARF love to keep saying how NATO is weak and Europe is weak when many of the top defense companies are in Europe: BAE, Airbus, Thales, Rheinmetall, Dassault, Naval Group,  Beretta Holding Group, Rolls Royce, Bofors/SAAB (Sweden, not a NATO country but Europe), etc. plus colossal U.S. defense companies: General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, etc.. But, people here think that all of Russia's military hardware cannot be challenged by the rest of the world - BULL F-ING SHIT. Work in the defense industry and you will see who has the best stuff.

NATO's population is about 950 million so yes very close to 1 billion. Canada's GDP is actually 2.2 trillion even it blows past Russia. We are watching the ONLY way Russia knows how to be great - act like a fucking mafia thug and gutter trash inner city robber.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cpermd:
Are these numbers correct?

NATO has 4.5 million troops vs 850,000 Russians
NATO has over 1 billion population vs 144 million Russia
NATO spends over $1 trillion per year on defense vs $62 billion for Russia
NATO has a GDP of over $44 trillion vs $1.4 trillion Russia
Russia's economy is smaller than Canada's $1.6 trillion

NATO and Russia both have nukes

Thanks for posting this. Most on ARF love to keep saying how NATO is weak and Europe is weak when many of the top defense companies are in Europe: BAE, Airbus, Thales, Rheinmetall, Dassault, Naval Group,  Beretta Holding Group, Rolls Royce, Bofors/SAAB (Sweden, not a NATO country but Europe), etc. plus colossal U.S. defense companies: General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, etc.. But, people here think that all of Russia's military hardware cannot be challenged by the rest of the world - BULL F-ING SHIT. Work in the defense industry and you will see who has the best stuff.

NATO's population is about 950 million so yes very close to 1 billion. Canada's GDP is actually 2.2 trillion even it blows past Russia. We are watching the ONLY way Russia knows how to be great - act like a fucking mafia thug and gutter trash inner city robber.

Russia isn't in a strong position. Population size dwindling rapidly, overall economy numbers not so good.  Putin needs a quick victory because he cannot afford a long war.

However, I don't think that Ukraine can either.

As far as NATO jumping in, this will likely take a very long time, like the last time they intervened (Yugoslavia?), but only after the whole world put enough pressure. People were dying in droves, but they did not care.   Also, how did Putin's "adventures" in Georgia play out?

No one wants accountability. It's a CYA, grandstanding and posturing kabuki theater.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Pumpthosenumbersup.gif

View All Quotes

Lets hope its true.
Pumpthosenumbersup.gif

If they're really heading into Kiev, where a whole bunch of civilians were just given rifles, I'm sure the blood will flow soon enough.  

Now, the question is, if they start taking potshots from locals, how heavy handed do the Russians get in retaliation?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:20:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By realwar:
This is apparently the jet of the ace Ukraine pilot nicknamed "The Ghost of Kyiv" who downed SIX Russian aircraft during the first day of fighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjbr6qhGPA

https://preview.redd.it/o8op4t01mvj81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=c122974fec24735f70c89eca6f66dc925377ac3b

Video
View Quote

The Liberation of Gracemeria starting playing in my head when I watched that and I actually got a little choked up
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#13]
So when will Fo dog and or Fo rooster start up? It’s not real till one of them sounds off.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

Dallas did that too.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/D8F73367-543A-407F-BAE9-012BAF73D530_jpe-2292303.JPG

Very cool! A much more impressive cityscape.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:21:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

I bet more people get shot tonight in Ohio than Ukraine
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

I bet more people get shot tonight in Ohio than Ukraine

Not going to bet against that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:21:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Remember when we were all talking about how long it would take Russia to get to Kyiv and it's not happening, well that was 2 days ago.

Feels like a long time, but it's shocking how fast Russia has pulled this off.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:22:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:22:37 AM EDT
[#18]
"The Ghost of Kyiv" is going to be a bigger legend than the infamous Colonel Toom of North Vietnam's Air Force. He supposedly had 13 air to air victories over U.S. pilots, but was eventually shot down and killed by Duke Cunningham and Willie Driscoll on May 10, 1972. Most people now think "Toom" never existed and was actually a combination of several other pilots, who were also skilled, but probably a lesser rank than a colonel. Mythical stories like these have seemed to exist within every war that ever been fought. I think people have some sort of need to believe things like these, real or not. And I admit, it is a compelling story.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:23:23 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Parma has a huge Ukrainian population
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Fo Crows
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:24:03 AM EDT
[#21]

SWIFT cuts Russia out of the ability to transact in the international banking system. The impact would be felt at the business level, it would crush their GDP hard. We did this to Iran.
View Quote

Iran didn't have China backing them up. Russia can survive a LONG time with the support of Russia. If we sanction China, then we screw ourselves.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:24:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

If they're really heading into Kiev, where a whole bunch of civilians were just given rifles, I'm sure the blood will flow soon enough.  

Now, the question is, if they start taking potshots from locals, how heavy handed do the Russians get in retaliation?
View All Quotes

Lets hope its true.
Pumpthosenumbersup.gif

Cannot imagine being a local without any proper training in high stress situations.  Mag changes for a guy with average training becomes another beast when you have rounds overhead.  Bless every one of them!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:24:37 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
The problem is a lack of heavy divisions due to everyone deciding that the Russians would never do something like this, and we should turn every army into COIN.  

Germany: 266 active tanks
France: 222 active tanks
UK: 227 active tanks

USA: 2,500
Russia: 2,800

So it's not that NATO is weak per se, but that the Europeans have neglected to have any significant ground component that could challenge an invasion like Putin is doing in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:25:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Remember when we were all talking about how long it would take Russia to get to Kyiv and it's not happening, well that was 2 days ago.

View Quote
Getting to Kyiv, and controlling Kyiv are two different things.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:25:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By armoredsaint:
Why is the lights in the center of Kyiv still on, wouldn't you turn it off to make it harder for the enemy
View Quote

Well I guess it would also make it easier to shoot Russians
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#26]

Lets hope its true.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Interesting interview with a Ukrainian pastor:https://www.facebook.com/1170390209/videos/474112294351685/

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Depends how you look at it.  I'm shocked they aren't already there given what we know was sitting on the border weeks ago.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:26:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Action45:

Can we just pause for a second and acknowledge that Vitali FUCKING Klitschko is the mayor? Awesome
View Quote
Arnold seems to think so too.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Arty incomming
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:27:13 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

I bet there is a fuck ton of IED's waiting.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:27:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Plumber576:
Ghost of Kyiv...

https://i.imgur.com/pctNUF9.jpg
View Quote

That. Is. AWESOME!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Besides the nukes I'm really overestimated Russia after seeing this. The US would have them beat in a couple weeks at most.
View All Quotes

Several other invaders (Napoleon and Hitler come to mind) also thought the same.  No one wins a nuclear war, hence no one started one yet.  So, conventional war, I'd be very cautious about "easy victory" prognostics.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#34]
So ghost is now a real ghost?

Originally Posted By frankieb:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:28:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:
So when will Fo dog and or Fo rooster start up? It’s not real till one of them sounds off.
View Quote

All I hear in the live video feeds are Fo Crows.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:28:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CTAC:
Pretty sure that was a distant explosion on the live stream.  Daylight....so it begins
View Quote

Sounded like a few 8:26 - 8:27 pst

Sometimes livestreams like that create ominous sounding audio though, but it's just random noises. *Experience: week of watching that volcano live stream.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes

The things you learn!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By unforgiventoo:

All I hear in the live video feeds are Fo Crows.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:29:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Rossi:

Several other invaders (Napoleon and Hitler come to mind) also thought the same.  No one wins a nuclear war, hence no one started one yet.  So, conventional war, I'd be very cautious about "easy victory" prognostics.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rossi:

The "easy victory over the Russians" mistake has been repeated over and over throughout history.

Russia is still there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:29:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
The problem is a lack of heavy divisions due to everyone deciding that the Russians would never do something like this, and we should turn every army into COIN.  

So it's not that NATO is weak per se, but that the Europeans have neglected to have any significant ground component that could challenge an invasion like Putin is doing in Ukraine.
View All Quotes

'Member the Peace Dividend? I 'member...
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:31:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#41]

View Quote

Indeed. The Ukrainians in general didn't take the open source intel and likely classified intel given to them seriously. As an early poster said.. Ukrainians are a passive people. Seems like he's generally correct. Mobilized way too late and didn't redeploy their fielded forces where it made sense.

I thought by now we'd see more Javelins, NLAWS, and Stingers used too
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:31:21 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

The Russian performance is so lackluster so far that this event could be used to argue for cuts in military spending.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:31:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:32:03 AM EDT
[#44]
With all of the cell phones I am surprised we are not seeing more footage.

With tanks and APC rolling in I would think we would be seeing some burning after getting hit with the javelins we supplied.

FOX News just pissed me off big time. Shannon Bream is someone that I like but Bret Beir (sp) is a super douche. They were just making a joke about how Bill Hemmer does the board better. FYI the board is basically an electronic board that shows where Russia is attacking. That they would think this is funny is disgusting.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:32:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
View Quote

Reports are that I have a 12” penis….AROUND.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:32:16 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
I don't think so. For the amount of troops Russia committed and the fact they had Ukraine surrounded on 3 sides with 6 months of prep work, so far it's looking like a bunch of Russian buffoonery.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:33:08 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:33:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMY4fFlXMAApFH1?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Many sunflowers were planted today.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:34:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By CTM1:
With all of the cell phones I am surprised we are not seeing more footage.

With tanks and APC rolling in I would think we would be seeing some burning after getting hit with the javelins we supplied.

FOX News just pissed me off big time. Shannon Bream is someone that I like but Bret Beir (sp) is a super douche. They were just making a joke about how Bill Hemmer does the board better. FYI the board is basically an electronic board that shows where Russia is attacking. That they would think this is funny is disgusting.
View Quote
The networks have been treating their digital boards like election night results. It seems callous.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Veccio:
I don't think so. For the amount of troops Russia committed and the fact they had Ukraine surrounded on 3 sides with 6 months of prep work, so far it's looking like a bunch of Russian buffoonery.
View Quote

It’s only Day 1. There’s 150K troops, not all of which have advanced.
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 276 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top