User Panel

Page / 393
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just did a quick Google search on all the kickers the Pats are trying out to replace Gostkowski.  Ugh, what a motley collection of has beens
View Quote
The decent/good ones in their primes tend to already be taken.

TBH, I'm kinda surprised the Patriots waited this long to publicly look for his replacement.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#3]
LA Times is reporting that Cooper Kupp used the tearing of his ACL as a chance to completely relearn how to run. Recovery gave him the opportunity to bring in professionals to review his past running stride and remove the imperfections during rehabilitation.

His current route speeds have an average increase of 1.5 to 2 miles per hour versus his pre-injury routes.

If that is true, that is pretty fucking amazing.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
When I was younger I'd probably stand a chance with a couple of those GB cheerleaders...the Dallas ones not so much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of this is a "big deal." I just find it somewhat amusing seeing you attempt to make the case that the majority of heterosexual male members of an NFL fanbase would rather have those Packers cheerleaders pictured above (I'm tired of posting that pic ) cheering in front of them at a game over something like this.

https://i.imgur.com/7ubdTvu.gif

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9daf641ca935b02d992614ccee620e3f/tenor.gif?itemid=4544886

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/046F3DBD-30C9-4328-9C8B-968C18AE6F3B_png-1108332.JPG

https://media.phillyvoice.com/media/images/5.4eaglescheer2.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg
When I was younger I'd probably stand a chance with a couple of those GB cheerleaders...the Dallas ones not so much.
Unless they looked like Quasimodo I think pretty much every guy here would probably have had a chance with the two on the ends.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wouldn't be interested in any of those Packers cheerleaders but I'm sure they're nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't be interested in any of those Packers cheerleaders but I'm sure they're nice.
Nor I (we'll probably be asked to post pics of our supermodel girlfriends in a bit ), but hey, to each his own.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh I’m sorry I forgot that you are the only one that knows anything about football and you’ve already established that Dak is better than Mahomes.  I’m out I’ll let you guys go back to talking about cheer leaders while I study coaches film.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“EPIC”? That was pretty tame and generic, IMO. The way you hyped it up I was expecting something like Tebow’s halftime speech at the National Championship or something.
Oh I’m sorry I forgot that you are the only one that knows anything about football and you’ve already established that Dak is better than Mahomes.  I’m out I’ll let you guys go back to talking about cheer leaders while I study coaches film.
I love the leaps in the logic you tend to take with your responses.  I was simply commenting on how I personally found the speech Mahomes made that you hyped up to be "EPIC" relatively tame and generic and not at all "EPIC."  Based on that personal opinion you reach the following conclusions:

1. I am the only one that knows anything about football.

2. Dak is better than Mahomes.

Next time you make one your leaps in logic posts could you please claim I am saying Jason Garrett is a better coach than Bill Belichick?  That would be especially amusing.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

[youtube]I47floRRAFs?list=RDQMnV4fogiQ2rU[/youtube]
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
When your QB is playing like ass, trading away a high quality WR is one of the worst moves you can do.

I get Diggs’s perspective, but he has no leverage, and trading him would really screw up an already struggling offense.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
NE won't need a kicker for this weekend's game.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When your QB is playing like ass, trading away a high quality WR is one of the worst moves you can do.

I get Diggs’s perspective, but he has no leverage, and trading him would really screw up an already struggling offense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i'm watching Dan Patrick right now and he was just talking about the vikings. he made a point saying Cousins was so worried about his stats his last year in DC to up his FA value. He pissed off a good amount of receivers there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I personally knew two Eagles cheerleaders and they were far from strippers. Those GB cheerleaders aren't making the squad at most Division 1 programs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the "normal" college girls on the GB squad make sense for GB.  It's the one NFL team that has more of a college feel to the fan base.

I also think the one-step-removed-from-a-gentlemen's-club dance routines for most of the other teams make a lot of sense in their home markets.
I personally knew two Eagles cheerleaders and they were far from strippers. Those GB cheerleaders aren't making the squad at most Division 1 programs.
Unless their fathers happen to be really big boosters.

Don't click:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
For a team that's tanking like the Dolphins players wanting out is to be expected.  However, when that happens and you're one game out of first place with the third best point differential in the conference that is a pretty bad sign.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
i'm watching Dan Patrick right now and he was just talking about the vikings. he made a point saying Cousins was so worried about his stats his last year in DC to up his FA value. He pissed off a good amount of receivers there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd know far better than me, but based on the games I've seen it seems Cousins has a tendency to want to pad his stats way more than most QB's.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Don't click:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Ew WTF
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ew WTF
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't click:
Click To View Spoiler
Ew WTF

Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

TBH, I'm kinda surprised the Patriots waited this long to publicly look for his replacement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just did a quick Google search on all the kickers the Pats are trying out to replace Gostkowski.  Ugh, what a motley collection of has beens

True, but I am surprised the rapid drop off in quality between starting kicker and replacement kicker.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Someone on the office just said "RBF" and I turned my head thinking where have I heard that before?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

None of this is a "big deal." I just find it somewhat amusing seeing you attempt to make the case that the majority of heterosexual male members of an NFL fanbase would rather have those Packers cheerleaders pictured above (I'm tired of posting that pic ) cheering in front of them at a game over something like this.

https://i.imgur.com/7ubdTvu.gif

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9daf641ca935b02d992614ccee620e3f/tenor.gif?itemid=4544886

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/046F3DBD-30C9-4328-9C8B-968C18AE6F3B_png-1108332.JPG

https://media.phillyvoice.com/media/images/5.4eaglescheer2.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg
View Quote
Literally no one I've ever met IRL has expressed any care about NFL cheerleaders. I get your point that dudes like hot chicks. I never said they didn't. All I'm saying is that in my experience most GB fans I meet are going to take more into consideration than their basic sexual instincts. You can make assumptions just like anybody else, but the only reference to something resembling actual data suggested the answer lies somewhere between our opinions.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Does ATM stand for ass to mouth?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Unless they looked like Quasimodo I think pretty much every guy here would probably have had a chance with the two on the ends.
View Quote
So you're saying there's a chance!??
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you do a quick Google image search you'll see that is one of the more unflattering pics that come up.

Don't get me wrong, NONE of them look like the pros, but if we're being honest nobody would expect more than 1% of local girls attending the local college in a tiny, cold, middle of nowhere city to come close.

I like cute cheerleaders as much as anybody else, hell I dated a couple back in the day, but I really don't think the point of them being there was to look good, it's to cheer. Obviously some pro teams have changed that perception, at least for them or pro sports in general. I guess my point is I wouldn't go into Amish country to recruit strippers, I'd go for farmers/builders.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

For a team that's tanking like the Dolphins players wanting out is to be expected.  However, when that happens and you're one game out of first place with the third best point differential in the conference that is a pretty bad sign.
View Quote
Things feel similar in Denver as well.  Flacco and Cousins not producing.  Obviously Vikings move more explosive offense and much different records, but Emmanuel Sanders is the #1 WR and he's not happy.  Been grumblings of him wanting a trade for a while.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You'd know far better than me, but based on the games I've seen it seems Cousins has a tendency to want to pad his stats way more than most QB's.
View Quote
well it worked for him, he got a boat load of money. but a lot of people thought the skins were stupid letting him walk, and now they see why they didn't wanna give him big money. he's hardly come up big when needed and now he can't even win games in September.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

True, but I am surprised the rapid drop off in quality between starting kicker and replacement kicker.
View Quote
look at the chargers, bears and bucs. they can't even find a decent starting kicker. it's a tough position to fill with someone consistent.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

look at the chargers, bears and bucs. they can't even find a decent starting kicker. it's a tough position to fill with someone consistent.
View Quote
Where the fuck is Giorgio Tavecchio? He seems to get passed over for starting jobs frequently but comes in as injury replacenent and does really well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#27]
If you're having a slow day, here's a stats nerd exploring the correlation between EPA and QBR: https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1179788516714262529

The link takes you to his look at 2018. Earlier tweets in the thread explain the methodology, and later tweets look at other years.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Things feel similar in Denver as well.  Flacco and Cousins not producing.  Obviously Vikings move more explosive offense and much different records, but Emmanuel Sanders is the #1 WR and he's not happy.  Been grumblings of him wanting a trade for a while.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Vikings, at least on paper, still have a very realistic chance of winning their division, and their best chance at getting any kind of value out of the deal they gave Cousins is to keep talent on the field around him.

At 0-4, the Broncos are statistically toasted for this year. They're done.

Here's an argument for the Broncos to do a one year rebuild: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/10/1/20891901/denver-broncos-tank-2019-von-miller-emmanuel-sanders-chris-harris-trade
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The Vikings, at least on paper, still have a very realistic chance of winning their division, and their best chance at getting any kind of value out of the deal they gave Cousins is to keep talent on the field around him.

Here's an argument for the Broncos to do a one year rebuild: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/10/1/20891901/denver-broncos-tank-2019-von-miller-emmanuel-sanders-chris-harris-trade
View Quote
i only saw their first game, but has flacco been that bad since? i heard the defense had no sacks thru the first three games. seems like they've lost some close games that maybe could've gone their way.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Someone on the office just said "RBF" and I turned my head thinking where have I heard that before?
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah it was my co-worker talking about someone with a "resting bitch face." I was waiting for her to say Rural Best Friend.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

i only saw their first game, but has flacco been that bad since? i heard the defense had no sacks thru the first three games. seems like they've lost some close games that maybe could've gone their way.
View Quote
From what I've seen of their games, I personally don't think Flacco has played poorly. Obviously he has had some bad throws/decisions just like any QB will, but he has balanced those out with good throws/decisions. I think he is obviously a significant upgrade from Keenum last year, they've just failed to get the job done in other areas.

I don't understand how you can hire Vic Fangio as your HC and then fail to get any sacks, and barely any pressures, through 3 weeks. Especially with Von Miller and Bradley Chubb. I think the conversation in Denver has been so QB centric for so long that the narrative hasn't really shifted away from that, despite an acceptable level of play.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
They might have a chance on paper but IMO it's rare that a team will continue to get wins when half of their offensive game plan is falling on its face week after week.

We all know Cousins wilts under the pressure of a big game, I wonder if the pressure of the expectations in MN is causing his play to regress this year.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Stefan Diggs was asked about the rumors that he wants out of Minnesota.

His response: "there's truth to all rumors.  I won't be speaking on that."
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Interesting. Jalen Ramsey isn't practicing again either.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Certainly the most drama filled start to a season I can remember in quite a while.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Pat McAfee Thinks Kirk Cousins Has Ruined The Vikings
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd be on board with GB going after Diggs in a trade.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back? Neck? Cold? Headache? Another hoodrat he knocked up is squirting out another 18 years of child support payments?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Back? Neck? Cold? Headache? Another hoodrat he knocked up is squirting out another 18 years of child support payments?
View Quote
Maybe he's on his period..... recovering from a hysterectomy?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's amazing. Khan is willing to pay him but Ramsey has made it clear he wants out. Lmao hoodrat....isn't it Golden Tate's sister?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
They should trade him to the Patriots.  Or just release him so the Pats can sign him
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Close only counts to a point. 0-4 is 0-4, they share a division with the Chiefs and Chargers, and there's a shitload of .500 teams in front of them in the AFC. This season is done.

The flip side is, they have enough young talent on the roster that they can build around that instead of going full Dolphin-tard and blowing it up.

Quoted:

From what I've seen of their games, I personally don't think Flacco has played poorly. Obviously he has had some bad throws/decisions just like any QB will, but he has balanced those out with good throws/decisions. I think he is obviously a significant upgrade from Keenum last year, they've just failed to get the job done in other areas.

I don't understand how you can hire Vic Fangio as your HC and then fail to get any sacks, and barely any pressures, through 3 weeks. Especially with Von Miller and Bradley Chubb. I think the conversation in Denver has been so QB centric for so long that the narrative hasn't really shifted away from that, despite an acceptable level of play.
View Quote
Flacco was never the right answer. The news Denver was trading for him was met with universal laughter for a reason. Average is more or less the best case scenario for him. It's ironic that a HoF QB can't successfully draft or trade for a quality QB, but that's what we're seeing.

Fangio and the defense is far more confusing. I was not happy with the news that Denver got him, and I figured he could field a serious defensive unit with the talent Denver has. The only plausible excuse I can imagine for that defense struggling is time to adapt to a new system/scheme. But with Chubb out and Harris literally counting the games until he's done, I don't see them locking it down any time this year.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Gostkowski has been playing with a broken hip
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Close only counts to a point. 0-4 is 0-4, they share a division with the Chiefs and Chargers, and there's a shitload of .500 teams in front of them in the AFC. This season is done.

The flip side is, they have enough young talent on the roster that they can build around that instead of going full Dolphin-tard and blowing it up.

Flacco was never the right answer. The news Denver was trading for him was met with universal laughter for a reason. Average is more or less the best case scenario for him. It's ironic that a HoF QB can't successfully draft or trade for a quality QB, but that's what we're seeing.

Fangio and the defense is far more confusing. I was not happy with the news that Denver got him, and I figured he could field a serious defensive unit with the talent Denver has. The only plausible excuse I can imagine for that defense struggling is time to adapt to a new system/scheme. But with Chubb out and Harris literally counting the games until he's done, I don't see them locking it down any time this year.
View Quote
Of course he wasn't. IMO, anyone who thought that Denver acquired him to be "the answer" needs to go take a drug test. Denver struck out on every QB they took a swing on. They were drowning and they got Flacco as a life preserver to keep their head afloat while they reassessed their situation. When it came to knowing what you were gonna get, out of the group of QB's available at the time, Flacco was clearly the guy with the least amount of questions.

It is kind of amazing that Elway has struck out on QB talent. You would think he would know it what it takes, but I guess that is a different skill than actually having the skills to be great. Or maybe it just means the QB is a lot less important than most fans and analysts give them credit for and that the team and coaching plays so much more into it. Fuck if I know.

You're probably right that Denver isn't making a comeback from this start, but who knows. They have been in close games, the talent is there, I don't see any reason to start worrying or blowing up the team. Just keep working on improving.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Of course he wasn't. IMO, anyone who thought that Denver acquired him to be "the answer" needs to go take a drug test. Denver struck out on every QB they took a swing on. They were drowning and they got Flacco as a life preserver to keep their head afloat while they reassessed their situation. When it came to knowing what you were gonna get, out of the group of QB's available at the time, Flacco was clearly the guy with the least amount of questions.

It is kind of amazing that Elway has struck out on QB talent. You would think he would know it what it takes, but I guess that is a different skill than actually having the skills to be great. Or maybe it just means the QB is a lot less important than most fans and analysts give them credit for and that the team and coaching plays so much more into it. Fuck if I know.

You're probably right that Denver isn't making a comeback from this start, but who knows. They have been in close games, the talent is there, I don't see any reason to start worrying or blowing up the team. Just keep working on improving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Flacco as a life preserver" doesn't make much sense to me unless the idea was to field an anemic offense and a dominant defense, but that idea hasn't gotten Baltimore very far in the last several years. They need to find a franchise QB, and Flacco ain't it.

Only one team has ever started 0-4 and made the playoffs, and there are too many other teams in front of them. The odds of them getting in this year are so slim, they're non-existent. Again, neither me nor the guy who wrote that article I linked are saying a blow up tank job is the answer. They need to build around their core. But guys like Sanders and Harris have more value as trade assets at this point in their careers/contracts. They are part of Denver's past, not the future.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
If I'm the Vikings GM, the very last guy I want Diggs catching passes from is Aaron Rodgers. I would absolutely take less in trade value to get him out of the division, and preferably, out of the conference.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If I'm the Vikings GM, the very last guy I want Diggs catching passes from is Aaron Rodgers. I would absolutely take less in trade value to get him out of the division, and preferably, out of the conference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, for a trade like that to take place (division rivals, early in season, both with a realistic shot at winning the division, etc) the Packers would likely have to really overpay.  Like two firsts or something.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
If I'm a NFL GM there is no way I'm moving any player anywhere without compensation I can feel good about, but I understand making it a little harder on my rival. Definitely an unlikely trade partner, but I like Diggs as a player and IMO the packers WR's behind Adams have shown they're still not ready to step up. I think GB needs another quality WR if they want to be one of the top teams in the league. It might be worth slightly overpaying since they haven't done that great in the draft, IMO.
Page / 393
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top