Page / 415
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:03:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What a letdown...
View Quote

What we were told was in the report:

- Synder and Gruden having sex parties with rampant drug use and sexual assaults.

- Synder and/or Gruden having sex with cheerleaders AND players.

- Snyder abusing drugs and alcohol.

- Snyder bribing refs to fix games.

- Other owners bribing refs to fix games.

- Gruden benching a player because they were fucking the same woman and that player's backup ended up being the one to miss a block that resulted in Alex Smith's career ending.

What was actually in the report:

- One person going on record for sexual harassment.  

We were told this was going to be the NFL version of Watergate and instead it was a soccer mom who accidentally stole a pen from the post office.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:07:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

- Synder and Gruden having sex parties with rampant drug use and sexual assaults.

- Gruden benching a player because they were fucking the same woman and that player's backup ended up being the one to miss a block that resulted in Alex Smith's career ending.

We were told this was going to be the NFL version of Watergate and instead it was a soccer mom who accidentally stole a pen from the post office.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a letdown...

I agree. Bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:54:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven’t read the article yet, but I’m very glad it wasn’t all the hyped up BS that was leaking.

Snyder is the owner so the buck stops with him, and he’s been a shitty owner but I think he’s trying his best right now. And I don’t think any of this warrants his termination as an owner at all. The top guys at organizations aren’t into the daily ops where this shit was going down.

And shame on the DC media too for blowing this up.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:59:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Very interesting thread here...

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 2:21:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I haven’t read the article yet, but I’m very glad it wasn’t all the hyped up BS that was leaking.

Snyder is the owner so the buck stops with him, and he’s been a shitty owner but I think he’s trying his best right now. And I don’t think any of this warrants his termination as an owner at all. The top guys at organizations aren’t into the daily ops where this shit was going down.

View Quote

Yeah, there is a ZERO percent chance all the other owners get together and 3/4 of them vote to take another owner's team away just because of one woman going on the record claiming sexual harassment by an employee that was not the owner himself and there's not even an allegation that the owner was aware of it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 2:33:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, there is a ZERO percent chance all the other owners get together and 3/4 of them vote to take another owner's team away just because of one woman going on the record claiming sexual harassment by an employee that was not the owner himself and there's not even an allegation that the owner was aware of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. It was a nothinburger.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 2:33:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

and no allegations of snyder or allen being creeps at all.

dallas mavs org had similar allegations, and cuban is a well liked NBA head coach.

read the first quarter of the article and got bored. sucks for the women if the place was so horrible to work at and if the allegations are true. hopefully rivera continues to really help turn the place around.

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 2:58:04 AM EDT
[#8]
And yet if you go on twitter all the SJW's, #METOOers, etc are acting like this article is a 25 megaton nuke going off instead of the squib that it is.

Of course anyone who points out that fact that there is ONE woman on record claiming sexual harassment with all the other allegations coming from "anonymous sources" gets called a sexist, a bigot, a rapist, a Trumper, a racist, etc.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:11:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't think I'd bet on that.

Each team has its own culture and personality of sorts.

It's been a while since HK posted a pic of Green Bay's "cheerleaders," but I'd imagine they do things just a little bit differently than the Redskins who apparently view their cheerleaders as strippers/call girls.

I'd actually be somewhat surprised if reports like this came out of a team like the Packers, Broncos, or Chiefs.

But given that Dan Snyder's Redskins are basically the slimiest franchise in the league, this is a "water is wet" level news break.
View Quote

Forgot about the packers. Make that 30 teams.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:23:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And yet if you go on twitter all the SJW's, #METOOers, etc are acting like this article is a 25 megaton nuke going off instead of the squib that it is.

Of course anyone who points out that fact that there is ONE woman on record claiming sexual harassment with all the other allegations coming from "anonymous sources" gets called a sexist, a bigot, a rapist, a Trumper, a racist, etc.
View Quote

Twitter is the worst thing ever. If you aren’t 300% woke your basically a Nazi.

Reporting is complete shit these days where they actually use twitter as a source. Every tard with a phone has twitter and that’s about the level of credibility you get.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Forgot about the packers. Make that 30 teams.
View Quote

To be fair though, even IF they were I'm not sure how many rich, semi-famous, and/or otherwise well-off men with options would be lining up to potentially ruin their marriage for a piece of this.

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

To be fair though, even IF they were I'm not sure how many rich, semi-famous, and/or otherwise well-off men with options would be lining up to potentially ruin their marriage for a piece of this.

https://newscdn2.weigelbroadcasting.com/Tkaqm-1496442138-56878-blog-5658225_G.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://newscdn2.weigelbroadcasting.com/Tkaqm-1496442138-56878-blog-5658225_G.jpg
View Quote

isn't that because the UWGB Cheerleaders cheer for GB at home games?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
you're racist against brunettes
eta: and fatties apparently

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Reporting is complete shit these days where they actually use twitter as a source. Every tard with a phone has twitter and that’s about the level of credibility you get.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the hundreds of thousands of employees Trump has had you could probably find more people to go on the record that they witnessed Trump transform into a crab person than that article had going on record that they were sexual harassed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought they picked their cheerleaders from local colleges' marching bands.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I thought they picked their cheerleaders from local colleges' marching bands.
View Quote

From the picture you posted it looks like they picked from the 4H conference.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

That pic is old as shit...

We've upgraded to Tech colleges now. Its' our secret sauce to picking beauties.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time is relative, but personally I wouldn't consider a pic that is 6 years old to be "old as shit."
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Time is relative, but personally I wouldn't consider a pic that is 6 years old to be "old as shit."
View Quote

It is in my book...

Gotta keep up with the Jone's! From 2017/2018, I present the cheer team. Not sure if the girls are an upgrade or not????

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It is in my book...

Gotta keep up with the Jone's! From 2017/2018, I present the cheer team. Not sure if the girls are an upgrade or not????

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/490117/21427198_10155044826385914_8764186118467-1507699.JPG
View Quote

Girls and RBFs.

Something for everyone.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It is in my book...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/490117/21427198_10155044826385914_8764186118467-1507699.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is in my book...

Are any of them Bears fans like the last batch of Packers cheerleaders?

As to whether it’s an upgrade or not: in terms of mean attractiveness it’s probably about the same.

But hey, it could be worse...

DO NOT CLICK:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Girls and RBFs.

Something for everyone.
View Quote

Hey, one of those dudes might be a minority, so that's probably like a hate crime...
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#25]
In other news CFL Edmonton Eskimos are changing their name.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

after the Eskimo Pie stuff, I figured that coming.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the proper term to be used instead of Eskimo?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the proper term to be used instead of Eskimo?
View Quote

Inuit?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Inuit?
View Quote

isn't that kind of like calling a Cree a Sioux?

political correctness is hard
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

MN and WI women are not soley judged on their looks.  There ability to eat cheese curds, drink men under the table, and field dress a deer plays more into the equation than actual looks.  

It takes a special woman to give you a blowie at -20 while sitting a deer stand.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Inuit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inuit?

I thought that was only for Eskimos of a certain region.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inuit?

What's weird is you have people claiming the term "Eskimo" is offensive and yet they don't have another commonly known name so what the hell are you supposed to call them?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What's weird is you have people claiming the term "Eskimo" is offensive and yet they don't have another commonly known name so what the hell are you supposed to call them?
View Quote

Agreed.   I guess Native American would apply to them as well /shrug

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Indigenous seems to be the catchall.  But I'm sure that's racist and offensive too.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

call them a snowskin? a northern redskin?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm no Synder/Redskins fan, but this kinda feels like a hatchet job.  That "bombshell" "damning" article contains ONE person going on record for sexual harassment. ONE.  

All the others were "anonymous."

View Quote

Well, it is WaPo.

But it's also the Redskins.

When a propaganda outlet with no integrity runs a hit piece on a slimy and toxic organization with no ethics, you don't take sides.

I'd bet everything in WaPo's report is mostly true and there's more skeletons in the closet, but it's not like WaPo doesn't have an agenda.

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Terminology - So, which terms do I use?

That's a lot of differences to remember. I'm just a white a devil though, so what does it matter what I think.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well, it is WaPo.

But it's also the Redskins.

When a propaganda outlet with no integrity runs a hit piece on a slimy and toxic organization with no ethics, you don't take sides.

I'd bet everything in WaPo's report is mostly true and there's more skeletons in the closet, but it's not like WaPo doesn't have an agenda.

View Quote

snyder is majorly hated by the media there. The City Paper ran a 100% factual article on why snyder sucks and he sued them.

now, in the same instance, the tweet i linked last night is an interesting thread about the media in DC, too.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#38]
May not be a season at all this year.

72 players have tested positive for COVID-19

https://sports.yahoo.com/nflpa-72-nfl-players-have-tested-positive-for-covid-19-205711029.html
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nflpa-72-nfl-players-have-tested-positive-for-covid-19-205711029.html
View Quote

I suppose they need to define some rules.

How long after a positive test can a player return?

Of note, KC Royals catcher Salavdor Perez tested positive and was back with the team in 11 days (following 2 negative tests).
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Of note, KC Royals catcher Salavdor Perez tested positive and was back with the team in 11 days (following 2 negative tests).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Players are gonna be positive, it’s inevitable. And arguing that there aren’t ‘safety protocols’ in place for Covid is laughable Bc by definition football isn’t safe.

But mlb positive tests are very low right now. nba tests are very low as well.

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought I read the that they were proposing a positive test would mean automatic 3 week IR designation.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I thought I read the that they were proposing a positive test would mean automatic 3 week IR designation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be, I honestly haven't read/heard anything on the topic. That said, using Perez as an example (and understanding that I am unaware of all magical Venezuelan remedies and cures), erring on extreme side of caution with complete reliance on one test will only create a bigger shitshow.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Pardon the NBA instrusion,

'I thought it looked cool': James Harden says his 'thin blue line' mask was not a political statement

Rapper Young Thug claimed that Harden doesn’t have internet, “so he obviously don’t know what’s right or wrong.”
View Quote

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/07/rockets-james-harden-face-mask-thin-blue-line-skull-statement
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like some of the other tribes you can have different names within the tribe.

I am Central Yupik and possible Inupiaq.
I have many relatives in northern AK.
Inuit is another name.
All have regional names.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Mayfield looks like a good value bet at +5000 for the MVP. He's around guys like Cousins and Carr on the list. He'll have a ton of weapons and a substantially upgraded O line.

Then again, Cleveland.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 2:07:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Mayfield looks like a good value bet at +5000 for the MVP. He's around guys like Cousins and Carr on the list. He'll have a ton of weapons and a substantially upgraded O line.

Then again, Cleveland BAKER.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Pardon the NBA instrusion,

'I thought it looked cool': James Harden says his 'thin blue line' mask was not a political statement

https://pbs.twimg.com/semantic_core_img/1284176906410065920/IDkhi-yy?format=jpg&name=small

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/07/rockets-james-harden-face-mask-thin-blue-line-skull-statement
View Quote

Literally Hitler.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then again, Cleveland BAKER.

FIFY

In addition to Baker being Baker and Cleveland being Cleveland, we're talking about a new coach, a new scheme, and a broken and severely disrupted off season.

There are only two categories of offense that I think have a high probability of being dangerous this season:

1) Offenses that were really good last season and didn't change much (Chiefs, Ravens, Saints etc.)

2) Offenses that have made changes mostly involving seasoned veteran players and coaches (Buccaneers and Patriots).

Outside of category #2, I don't think there's a good chance any team that was outside the top 10 offensively is going to get there this season (without a higher ranked team tanking).
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Then again, Cleveland.
View Quote

Mayfield's current betting odds to win MVP are 30/1.

His team was loaded with talent last season and they went 6-10 with Mayfield having more turnovers than TD's, a completion percentage under 60%, and the 2nd lowest passer rating in the entire NFL among qualifying QBs.

The Browns are underdogs to simply make the postseason and only twice in NFL history has a player won the MVP on a team that didn't make the postseason.  Unitas in 1967 and OJ in 1973.

So, yeah, I'm going to have to disagree that Mayfield for MVP looks like a good value bet.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

His team was loaded with talent last season and they went 6-10 with Mayfield having more turnovers than TD's, a completion percentage under 60%, and the 2nd lowest passer rating in the entire NFL among qualifying QBs.

The Browns are underdogs to simply make the postseason and only twice in NFL history has a player won the MVP on a team that didn't make the postseason.  Unitas in 1967 and OJ in 1973.

So, yeah, I'm going to have to disagree that Mayfield for MVP looks like a good value bet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then again, Cleveland.

He also had a completely incompetent coach who refused to run the kind of offense that plays to Baker's strengths, who has since been replaced with a coach who, as the OC of the Vikings, created 2 of the highest completion percentage QBs in NFL history. Based around the quick, short passing game, which is Baker's strength. He has 2 top 15 WR, 2 top 30 or so backs, and 2 top 30 or so TE. Also a first round Alabama left tackle and an improved free agent RT.

I doubt this will be the same Browns as last year.
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top