Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Wtf is Anthony Richardson going so high?

24 passing TD's 15 INT.  Completed less than 55% of his passes. Etc
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ultimately, no amount of draft capital matters unless you can identify good prospects.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bryce Young and CJ Stroud seem to be good choices.
Both will certainly go in the top 5 and unless something extreme occurs in the next few weeks then it is highly likely Bryce Young will be the 1st overall pick.

I think the most likely result will be the Texans trading up from #2 to #1 to take Young, and they will pay for it in order to ensure someone like the Colts (#4) don't jump up above them and take him. Then the Bears at #2 will take the top PROSPECT which is Anderson from Bama, they can sure use him.

That then opens up the Cardinals at #3 to potentially trade down for some good value for any team that wants to jump ahead of the Colts (again at #4) to snag Stroud.

Edit: There are also still Richardson and Levis who will likely be 1st rounders. High potential 4 QBs in the 1st round this year.

If I were the Bears, I wouldn't necessarily want to move back 1 spot. I mean they could trade it again, but I'd be looking for volume, not necessarily the highest picks. They already have a QB who has potential but they need the skill guys on both sides of the ball.

If I were the Texans, I wouldn't give up a ton of draft capital for a QB when you already have Mills who is "good enough" for them right now. They need to put a real team around a QB first.

Teams like the Colts, Panthers, etc. should be considering going for the #1 pick because they're much closer to being "A QB away."

Ultimately, no amount of draft capital matters unless you can identify good prospects.
I think they trade back to the 4th spot. Still guaranteed to get one of the two top defensive prospect.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Bryce Young is reportedly 5' 10 1/2" and 195 lbs. I don't think that is a good size for a QB in the first 10-15 picks of the draft.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wtf is Anthony Richardson going so high?

24 passing TD's 15 INT.  Completed less than 55% of his passes. Etc
View Quote

High upside developmental prospect.

I want to say he profiles at 6'4", 240 lbs, and a 4.4 40 time, and he has the strongest arm in the draft.

He only has one season as a starter in college, so he's really lacking in experience. But he did show meaningful improvement as that season progressed.

If he lands with the wrong coach/system, he will probably fail immediately, but if he goes somewhere good, he has the potential to be really fun.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I want to say he profiles at 6'4", 240 lbs, and a 4.4 40 time, and he has the strongest arm in the draft.

He only has one season as a starter in college, so he's really lacking in experience. But he did show meaningful improvement as that season progressed.

If he lands with the wrong coach/system, he will probably fail immediately, but if he goes somewhere good, he has the potential to be really fun.
View Quote

Tim Tebow 2.0?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Tim Tebow 2.0?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tim Tebow 2.0?

Did people consider Tebow to be an athletic freak?

Most of the generic "comps" I've seen put him in the neighborhood of Josh Allen and Cam Newton, but he should be significantly faster than either of those guys while being about the same size.

The question is how well he can be developed as a passer and what kind of scheme can a team put around him.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Tim Tebow 2.0?
View Quote

Yeah, that didn't go over so well.
Both a first round pick and AR will probably end up running just as much as Tebow did in the NFL.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#10]
New renderings for the future Bills stadium:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#12]

lol
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bryce Young and CJ Stroud seem to be good choices.
Both will certainly go in the top 5 and unless something extreme occurs in the next few weeks then it is highly likely Bryce Young will be the 1st overall pick.

I think the most likely result will be the Texans trading up from #2 to #1 to take Young, and they will pay for it in order to ensure someone like the Colts (#4) don't jump up above them and take him. Then the Bears at #2 will take the top PROSPECT which is Anderson from Bama, they can sure use him.

That then opens up the Cardinals at #3 to potentially trade down for some good value for any team that wants to jump ahead of the Colts (again at #4) to snag Stroud.

Edit: There are also still Richardson and Levis who will likely be 1st rounders. High potential 4 QBs in the 1st round this year.

If I were the Bears, I wouldn't necessarily want to move back 1 spot. I mean they could trade it again, but I'd be looking for volume, not necessarily the highest picks. They already have a QB who has potential but they need the skill guys on both sides of the ball.

If I were the Texans, I wouldn't give up a ton of draft capital for a QB when you already have Mills who is "good enough" for them right now. They need to put a real team around a QB first.

Teams like the Colts, Panthers, etc. should be considering going for the #1 pick because they're much closer to being "A QB away."

Sure it does... get enough picks and the shotgun approach will yield some winners. If you know what you're doing, even better.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Via WaPo: Daniel Snyder's demands anger NFL owners, renew talk of voting him out
Click To View Spoiler
Snyder is “shutting out” Bezos in the sale process to this point, a person familiar with the situation said, confirming reports by the New York Post and the Athletic. Snyder has “rebuffed every effort” by Bezos to move forward toward purchasing the team, according to that person, who said Snyder is acting “out of spite” because of Bezos’s ownership of The Post. It is not clear whether Snyder’s approach represents a final decision or posturing as part of a negotiating strategy.

Sticking right in line with those rumors I previously reported. Looking more and more like Snyder is going to refuse to sell and the league will have to kick him out if they want him gone.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@HK

Via SportsNaut: NFL owners 'concerned' Washington Commanders sale process really a sham

TLDR: They think Snyder hates Bezos due to the WaPo stories about Snyder and he wants to either block Bezos from buying the team or milk him for way more than market value and in the end will end up not selling.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

*Minus the cheering.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://media.giphy.com/media/TFiA77l0TNNGgyS58H/giphy.gif
View Quote

I still remember celebrating at a BBQ joint when the news of that contract broke.

And, adjusting for inflation, I hope the Eagles give Hurts a similar contract.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Via WaPo: Daniel Snyder's demands anger NFL owners, renew talk of voting him out
Click To View Spoiler
Snyder is “shutting out” Bezos in the sale process to this point, a person familiar with the situation said, confirming reports by the New York Post and the Athletic. Snyder has “rebuffed every effort” by Bezos to move forward toward purchasing the team, according to that person, who said Snyder is acting “out of spite” because of Bezos’s ownership of The Post. It is not clear whether Snyder’s approach represents a final decision or posturing as part of a negotiating strategy.

Sticking right in line with those rumors I previously reported. Looking more and more like Snyder is going to refuse to sell and the league will have to kick him out if they want him gone.
View Quote

Well he could sell to someone else? I think the only reason the Broncos HAD to sell to the highest bidder was because of the way their ownership was structured, I remember reading something about that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Whoever drafts Young thinking they are gonna start him better have a hell of a line. That dude is not very big, hell ole Stet towers over him. He will be on IR shortly.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

If the kid retires tomorrow, he will retire with a ring, 105 million, a beautiful family, a multifaceted charity foundation, one part of which brings kids hunting and shooting.

People can say what they want about the kid, but he could retire today accomplishing things that many a nfl player cannot claim.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If the kid retires tomorrow, he will retire with a ring, 105 million, a beautiful family, a multifaceted charity foundation, one part of which brings kids hunting and shooting.

People can say what they want about the kid, but he could retire today accomplishing things that many a nfl player cannot claim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup and Jason Garrett is a two time Super Bowl champion.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Look Dilfer has a damn ring. Bottom line the kid did alright for himself. Maybe not the career result he wanted, but he did ok to secure he and his families future.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:03:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Look Dilfer has a damn ring. Bottom line the kid did alright for himself. Maybe not the career result he wanted, but he did ok to secure he and his families future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dilfer started all 4 playoff games in the postseason the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

Wentz didn't play a single down during the Eagles' entire postseason and there was a statue built outside the Linc of the QB who replaced him.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:05:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

lol
View Quote

Wentz's CAREER postseason stats:

0-1 record

1 completion

4 attempts

3 yards
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:11:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

During the beginning of Covid19, with lots of time on my hands due to being laid off work,  I spent way more time than I should have, on Facebook, arguing with people on Dallas Cowboys fan pages. Remember at the time, Dak was trying for his big second contract, and that season he played on the tag until he broke his leg.
Anyway, pretty much every black dude said Jerry was racist, and that's why he wouldn't pay Dak. I tried to argue the point that he overpaid Zeke for 2 great seasons, and he was black.
I think Jerry Jones has a lot of faults, but being a racist isn't one of them. In fact, I suspect there isn't a racist owner in the NFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s amazing how many people (including some “experts”) act like there is no salary cap in the NFL and when a big name player doesn’t get the record breaking new contract he is demanding it’s simply a result of the owner being cheap.

Or racist

During the beginning of Covid19, with lots of time on my hands due to being laid off work,  I spent way more time than I should have, on Facebook, arguing with people on Dallas Cowboys fan pages. Remember at the time, Dak was trying for his big second contract, and that season he played on the tag until he broke his leg.
Anyway, pretty much every black dude said Jerry was racist, and that's why he wouldn't pay Dak. I tried to argue the point that he overpaid Zeke for 2 great seasons, and he was black.
I think Jerry Jones has a lot of faults, but being a racist isn't one of them. In fact, I suspect there isn't a racist owner in the NFL.

Yes. I was more saying that people and media would and do accuse owners of being racist if they don’t have the franchise to a black player.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:16:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Well he could sell to someone else? I think the only reason the Broncos HAD to sell to the highest bidder was because of the way their ownership was structured, I remember reading something about that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

the thing is, all the other bids are coming in lower than expected, somewhere between $5-$6 billion when Snyder was looking at $7-$9 when this rumor started kicking off.

the most credible reported bid seems to be from the Houston Rockets owner at about $5.5 billion. now, I don't care how much Snyder hates Bezos, I have a hard time believing Snyder would let that hate keep him from a couple billion. even the biggest of rich assholes don't want to lose money, especially billions.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

How he has fell is still bizarre to me. He had the one season, had he not been hurt he would have been the league MVP. He didn't play in that SB, but they don't make the SB without him that year.

Wow.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How he has fell is still bizarre to me. He had the one season, had he not been hurt he would have been the league MVP. He didn't play in that SB, but they don't make the SB without him that year.

Wow.
View Quote

He hurt his back and it seems like, his play never reached the level of his first 2-3 seasons which were relatively elite-ish for a new QB.

Being in the Colts and Redskins systems did not help.

But as was said, $105M...he just has a brief chuckle at the haters.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

That playoff concussion from Jadaveon Clowney was probably the tipping point.

It’s a damn shame.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Leslie Frazier taking a year off from coaching.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#34]
First tag of the year:

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a damn good culture.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hadnt seen that yet. Any word on whos in line for his spot?

Also, get your avatar back man so I know its you faster
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

this
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who didn't see that coming? Mariota sealed his fate by being a little bitch and quitting on the team, I will be surprised if he plays anywhere again.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Another bombshell!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Video + Audio at the last tweet
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#44]

"Rodgers’ contract will be restructured if he returns, Gutekunst said." Only if Rodgers agrees to it. Packers are fucked and have no out on this contract if Rodgers refuses to retire. That money is coming one way or another.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No idea but it sounds like he may come back to the Bills. I wonder if it is a health issue.

I miss my green arrows the most.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

"Rodgers’ contract will be restructured if he returns, Gutekunst said." Only if Rodgers agrees to it. Packers are fucked and have no out on this contract if Rodgers refuses to retire. That money is coming one way or another.
View Quote

I saw the stream of Rodgers tweets this morning and lacked the motivation to touch it.

Thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Florio says LJax lost a major shoe endorsement deal because he didn't have an agent.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Florio says LJax lost a major shoe endorsement deal because he didn't have an agent.
View Quote

LJax gonna end up not getting paid and everyone will blame the racism against black QB's.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Such a putz. Even if he wants to try representing himself in the NFL, that doesn't mean he can't have a team to handle endorsements and sponsorships. Actively hurting himself. People think they are so smart because they do things themselves. A truly intelligent person surrounds themselves with people smarter than themselves. In Lamar's instance... That seemingly would be pretty easy to do.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Such a putz. Even if he wants to try representing himself in the NFL, that doesn't mean he can't have a team to handle endorsements and sponsorships. Actively hurting himself. People think they are so smart because they do things themselves. A truly intelligent person surrounds themselves with people smarter than themselves. In Lamar's instance... That seemingly would be pretty easy to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn’t he score something like an 8 on the Wonderlic?
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top