BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 128
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:20:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David14] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d1jinx:

Might have been covered already, but i missed it, whats the letters spraypainted on the guys sweatshirts, like darrel and the 2 putting people on the fence.?

Darrel was an "A" the other 2 were "F" & "S"
View Quote

I re-watched the last episode of last season.  I had forgotten that Simon's crew spray-painted an "X" on the poor bastard they laid out in the road ahead of the RV.
FF to 1:58
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

That is entirely possible... but it is quite the single item setup if it is.

Then again there has to be something in this episode that tracks outside of Tara's Big Adventure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EdHaney1:

Did ya see all them thar guns in dere armory? This episode is a set up for later...........

That is entirely possible... but it is quite the single item setup if it is.

Then again there has to be something in this episode that tracks outside of Tara's Big Adventure.

I realize that I'm weeks behind on this but I just watched it last night and I got two things from this episode.

1.) There is another group out there that hates the Saviors. (They killed off all their men)

2.) They have a bunch of guns, something Rick and Co. need.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NagOrzo15-1:

There's a great line in Stephen King's "The Stand" that came to mind while Negan was absolutely fucking with Dwight about the fact that Dwight is alive because his wife decided to save him by becoming Negan's concubine:

"The effective half-life of evil is always relatively short."

Its a true thing.  

There's no way that shit would continue forever.  Forget the satellite communities like Rick's.   There's people CLOSE to Negan who have every reason to kill him.   And someday someone will.

"Thus always to Tyrants," says one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NagOrzo15-1:
Originally Posted By Johnny_Reno:

I know that I shouldn't want to torture someone as it eventually destroys you as a person, but if Negan were to be lit on fire and allowed to run around screaming, I wouldn't feel as bad as if it had happened to someone else.

There's a great line in Stephen King's "The Stand" that came to mind while Negan was absolutely fucking with Dwight about the fact that Dwight is alive because his wife decided to save him by becoming Negan's concubine:

"The effective half-life of evil is always relatively short."

Its a true thing.  

There's no way that shit would continue forever.  Forget the satellite communities like Rick's.   There's people CLOSE to Negan who have every reason to kill him.   And someday someone will.

"Thus always to Tyrants," says one.

Stalin, Castro, Pol Pot, and Mao Zedong all died of natural causes (runner-up: Josip Broz Tito; not fully a tyrant, and not dead fully via natural cause).  

Hitler died by suicide.  Mussolini was killed, but not by someone "close" to him.

So, no- not "always" to tyrants.  Unfortunately.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 2:19:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Racer27] [#5]
Originally Posted By HardShell:

While I agree, most here hated the 2nd season.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By leatherface_y2k:

New Year's marathon on now, Gene in all his glory at the moment.

Man, the first 3 seasons were so good....

It wouldn't have been so bad if you could have binged watched it.  As it was to watch one slow episode after another, waiting a week between, sucked.  I like character development to develop a story but it just didn't seem like anything was happening.

I'd like all of the new episodes to be an hour and half like the last couple were!  Action and development, it felt like the story was moving.  Also cut The Talking Dead back down to a half hour to save the extra air time and I'd watch both.  As it is now The Talking Dead seams to me to be just way to much bla bla bla bla bla bla bla and I don't waste my time on it waiting for the meat in the potatoes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 2:27:07 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

I didn't start watching until they were at the prison / encountered the Governor.

My sister and a couple of friends had been telling me what a good show it was ever since it started. I thought, meh, zombie show on a third tier network.. how good can it be?

Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#7]
The WD  premier was Halloween weekend, and in the first few minutes, Rick head shoots a walker girl child

my reaction

Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Some of the disappointment with season two also came from Frank Darabont being forced out of the show. Due to his exit, as well as the reduced budget which precipitated Darabont's departure, the show was noticeably affected. Season one had several very memorable shots and scenes in it that really set the tone of the show as well as offered a wide variety of story types. Season one also moved at a very deliberate and brisk pace, never dwelling on any one thing longer than it had to.

Had season two been only six episodes like season one I doubt we'd have all the complaints about it we do... instead we had a second season that was twice as long but with only half the relative content. So if season one was a nice cup of soup, season two would be half that cup of soup poured into a big bowl full of water... it still had flavors of what it once was but it had been so watered down that it was nose scrunchingly obvious. I think the showrunners have gotten better at padding as time has gone on, but with season two being the beginning of it it was noticeable and very unwelcome after the svelte and engaging first season.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 3:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Some of the disappointment with season two also came from Frank Darabont being forced out of the show. Due to his exit, as well as the reduced budget which precipitated Darabont's departure, the show was noticeably affected. Season one had several very memorable shots and scenes in it that really set the tone of the show as well as offered a wide variety of story types. Season one also moved at a very deliberate and brisk pace, never dwelling on any one thing longer than it had to.
View Quote

yeah, darabont is a supremely good storyteller.  it still astonishes me that AMC dumped him.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sirensong:

yeah, darabont is a supremely good storyteller.  it still astonishes me that AMC dumped him.
View Quote

AMC wanted twice as many episodes for an even smaller budget delivered on an even faster schedule, and Darabont wanted the exact opposite.

And looking backwards from the present at the trajectory of the series, I doubt Darabont would have stuck around much longer anyway. He is reportedly notorious for being a slow, deliberate and controlling creator and even if he had the budget I imagine he would have chafed under AMC's schedules and episode count demands.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#11]
For me the worst thing about S2 was what they did with the female characters.  Lori alternated between nagging Rick and sabotaging Shane's attempt to do right.  Beth went full emo.  Andrea stopped shaving and decided she was too good to cook or clean.  They started to develop Sniper Andrea but then made her terrible at it.  I guess Maggie was okay and we can't really blame Carol for breaking down, but I just seem to recall S2 as the season of nags.  I suppose Dale is responsible for some of that as well...
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:59:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HardShell] [#12]
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Dam didn't know Maggie was in Batman vs Superman

gotta go re-watch it
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Maggie AND Negan.  

Together as a married couple!  
View Quote

Don't worry, that movie is just a collective nightmare. It didn't really happen.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#17]

I liked it, esp. the "Director's Cut" BR.  
View Quote

I've only seen the "normal" cut... I had to watch it in three separate sittings, I couldn't make it through the whole thing in one drop.

I admit that I like a lot of movies that other people think of as "bad", but yeesh that thing was just a mess.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#18]

I've only seen the "normal" cut... I had to watch it in three separate sittings, I couldn't make it through the whole thing in one drop.

I admit that I like a lot of movies that other people think of as "bad", but yeesh that thing was just a mess.
View Quote

wasn't as awful as i was expecting, but i agree with 'mess'.

only actually good thing was godot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Silver_Surfer:

http://www.elmulticine.com/imagenes/noticias/14/lauren-jeffrey-batman-pic3-pxl2.jpg

gotta go re-watch it
View Quote
Wow dude really?

You don't recognize the daddy?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Maggie AND Negan.  

View All Quotes

http://www.elmulticine.com/imagenes/noticias/14/lauren-jeffrey-batman-pic3-pxl2.jpg

gotta go re-watch it

Maggie AND Negan.  

That's what I first thought
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Cobalty2004:
Wow dude really?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cobalty2004:

gotta go re-watch it
Wow dude really?

WTF! It is him! I just checked
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 3:40:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#23]
So, ratingstroll is now just regular troll?
View Quote

Too bad we can no longer search for members posts. I would be willing to bet that most of his tiny post count happened in TWD threads.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TNC:

Dude, spoilers please for us on the left coast!
View Quote

I'm pretty sure that at this late date you have already taken a beating on this and point it out anyway.

Grow the fuck up and don't read this thread on show night till after you have seen the damn show. It is not against the rules for those on the east coast to comment during the show. It is up to you to be smart enough and have the required patience to wait till after you have seen it before reading.

So you want to steal from them what many consider the best part? The running commentary here just because you get the show later than them? How fucking self important can one person feel?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:05:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MudBug:

I'm pretty sure that at this late date you have already taken a beating on this and point it out anyway.

Grow the fuck up and don't read this thread on show night till after you have seen the damn show. It is not against the rules for those on the east coast to comment during the show. It is up to you to be smart enough and have the required patience to wait till after you have seen it before reading.

So you want to steal from them what many consider the best part? The running commentary here just because you get the show later than them? How fucking self important can one person feel?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MudBug:
Originally Posted By TNC:

Dude, spoilers please for us on the left coast!

Decaf
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:16:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:22:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jinxsters] [#27]

Is that real? Is that Jeffrey Morgan? If so hell yeah!
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:20:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By leatherface_y2k:

I need that shirt!!

View All Quotes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LGBT-AR15-T-Shirt-Men-Women-Unisex-Tee-Funny-Humor-Liberty-Beer-Guns-Boobs-/222377001586?var=&hash=item33c6b3c272:m:mkpVgPbezY705l5bSzuQ_pQ
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:

It is a horrible photoshop.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:32:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hardcorps1775] [#30]
You guys see this? (Don't quote this, the url is gawdawful long!!!)

TWD Violence
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:04:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Defcon] [#31]
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#32]
There is not a whole lot they could really do on such a tight schedule outside of cutting shots short. There was no time for reshoots or other deep changes... the only tool they had available was a fast re-edit.

Which means if they did indeed change things, they changed things in the stereotypical MPAA "the difference between an X and and R are three seconds of footage" way. Which in realty doesn't do a whole lot to change the overall tone and implied violence of the material.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 1:44:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Is this still a thing?    These looooooong mid season breaks kind of make the show forgettable.  Other shows with breaks for holidays have already been back on for a month!

Come on TWD
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#34]
I finally watched the "Red Wedding" episode from GoT (binge watching the first six seasons on blu ray with the wife) and no it is NOT more brutal than the opening episode this past season.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:26:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By edcurtis:
Is this still a thing?    These looooooong mid season breaks kind of make the show forgettable.  Other shows with breaks for holidays have already been back on for a month!

Come on TWD
View Quote

Football is now over.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:27:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:45:35 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm ready for the new season.

I'm also ready for Into The Badlands, Preacher and even, God help me, FTWD.

Preacher especially. Come on AMC, get it done!
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:26:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:28:13 AM EDT
[#39]

Better Call Saul too.
View Quote

Yep!

If they come back with quality episodes of all of those I'll say it was worth it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#41]
I finally caught up on the first half of this season aaaaaaaand... then I cancelled my cable.  (Not because of this show)  I still have internet.  Will keep up as I can or just watch them on Netflix in the future.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Perhaps I just haven't been watching enough TV lately but it seems like they are not advertising TWD's return as hard as they could be. Past seasons had lots of promotion on other channels and lots of print and internet ads, even the second half seasons. This return feels markedly low on the advertising side. I'm seeing more ads for the return of Humans than I am TWD. I'm sure AMC is going to start up a marathon this weekend leading into the premiere like they always do, but I can't shake the feeling that AMC got cold feet about the second half of this season and pulled back on the promotion... which is very odd for their big flagship show. Combine that with the only real press in the seasonal break being about how the show runners re-edited some of the episodes in the first half in response to audience feedback on the violence and I'm having an odd feeling about this. I think a LOT is riding on this mid-season premiere this weekend, and for the life of me something feels "off".

Then again the promotional blitz that led into the first half of the season was so heavy that perhaps the show overexposed, and the current level of promotion is what it had always been.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 5:46:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HardShell] [#43]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Forgot about this.
Ready to get in with you guys and complain why they're still doing stupid stuff
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:13:19 PM EDT
[#46]
We're going to need a new thread.
View Quote

If someone starts an official one be sure to link to it here
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:05:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Is is still technically Season 7, so this thread should still suffice... right?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:26:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:14:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:20:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 128
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top