Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Agreed, the folks that do are nasty.  I can see a little shoe wearing here and there but keeping them on when you’re grounded to the furniture and not going anywhere is despicable.  Gross
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have house shoes. Peasants go shoeless?
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on the kind of shoe - or where it’s worn.    Nothing wrong with having indoor slippers or house-only footwear after all.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are a nation of savages.

I grew up rural.  I knew of one woman who demanded this.  She was not from around here.
---
One word - Legos.  Like we invented caltraps for our kids to play with.  At least Jacks are not popular anymore.
View Quote

Fucking Legos.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Rated troll
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I'm trying to remember the last time I hired anyone to be my supervisor.

There seems to be exactly 0 instances.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I wear Crocs in my house, like any sane person does.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only East Texas swampfolk go Chinese in the house.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478694/707238178_284134public_jpeg-2843443.JPG

It’s ok - I married into a family of swamp people… they all take off their shoes… because East Texas is a permanent mud hole,

I come from drier country.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#8]
What OP really meant was "Only savages wear shoes.".

Flip Flops for life!
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I switch to indoor only shoes when I get home instead of tromping around like some shoeless caveman.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-18-2013/HFeBkA.gif
View Quote

The difference between Mr Rogers and the arfcommers who wear shoes in the house is that Mr Rogers can easily reach the laces on his shoes.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What is that lil guy?
View Quote
Peacock
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I learned from Mr. Rogers. You change out of outdoor shoes to indoor shoes when you are inside. I prefer slippers.

Which reminds me, I need to order a new pair.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#14]
For the shoe-wearers: why in the world do you want to wear shoes when you are staying inside?

The most comfortable footwear I've ever worn doesn't come close to the comfort of not wearing any.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Agreed....

I have shoe racks literally at each door/entrance to the home.
View Quote
pics of your buddy's shoe rack(s)?
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Your mother wears stilettos in my house.
View Quote
thatescalatedquickly.gif.jpeg
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Step on one of these in my house and you'll change your mind real fast OP.

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Carpet is what is disgusting.  Hard floor surfaces and keep them clean.  Small area rugs if you must, but yuck.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Asian style house slippers, bitches!
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been called worse. I hate not having shoes on.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:Oh man there's nothing worse than going downstairs for a snack in the middle of the night and stepping on a freaking jack.
View Quote

I know, surprisingly he didn’t seem to mind.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#24]
It’s called earthing peeps, look it up. Barefoot master race checking in
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#25]
People that think about other people's feet and what they are wearing on them have a foot fetish...
I guess I should add that there's nothing wrong with that, if it's someone's thing.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Absolutely

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Filthy.

Absolutely

Seconded....
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I take off my shoes when I get home. I usually put on slippers or flip-flops while indoors.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:Step on one of these in my house and you'll change your mind real fast OP.
https://cdn.britannica.com/24/92724-050-54648BED/Scorpion.jpg
View Quote

You should hear them bark.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Best thing I ever did, was rip out all of my carpet and go hardwood and tile everywhere. Even the bedrooms and closets.

None of us in the family wear shoes inside, but - and this is easier because I don't have carpet - I don't ask guests to take theirs off. If they accidentally track a little dirt in, it's easy enough to clean up later, after they've left. No worries.

I don't really mind when somebody asks me to take mine off in their home, but for those of you who do this - be a bro, and provide a nice seating area or something right by the door, so that it's easy to take them on and off. This is especially important if I'm at your house all day, for a BBQ or something. Make it easy for me, if I'm going to be in and out your house and backyard all day.
View Quote

I agree with all this.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Best thing I ever did, was rip out all of my carpet and go hardwood and tile everywhere. Even the bedrooms and closets.

None of us in the family wear shoes inside, but - and this is easier because I don't have carpet - I don't ask guests to take theirs off. If they accidentally track a little dirt in, it's easy enough to clean up later, after they've left. No worries.

I don't really mind when somebody asks me to take mine off in their home, but for those of you who do this - be a bro, and provide a nice seating area or something right by the door, so that it's easy to take them on and off. This is especially important if I'm at your house all day, for a BBQ or something. Make it easy for me, if I'm going to be in and out your house and backyard all day.
View Quote

We don't have pets or a dog mess outside in that regard. When you come over I can provide you with some sanitized flip-flops if necessary. My 7-year-old boy kicks his shoes off as soon as he enters someone's house. That doesn't mean I don't have to do the couch cushions every week in the laundry. Filthy ass bare feet lol.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#31]
As somebody who works in the medical field and has seen thousands of patients feet, some of y’all are better off wearing your shoes in the house. Nasty motherfuckers!

That being said, I don’t wear my shoes in my house.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Is it time for our quarterly thread on this again?

I'm OK with being a savage. I also have hardwood floors that get vacuumed and mopped regularly.

I'm also willing to bet you shoe Nazis' floors aren't as clean as you think they are and you have other disgusting habits us normal people would find cringe-worthy...
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Fuck that, Legos are part of the floor in my house. Can't wait till the kids outgrow them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Indoor barefoot master race checking in!
View Quote

Indeed.

Just think about every critter in the world shitting on the ground and you're walking in it, then tracking it into your house. If it is house only shoes, that is terribly uncomfortable and also promotes nasty foot fungus. Let those babies breathe! Also, you look geriatric like you need extra traction so you don't fall.

I will, however, make an exception for winter indoor slippers, especially if you have hard floors, other than that keep those nasty things out of here.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't wear shoes in the house for some of the same reasons I don't go barefoot in a gas station bathroom.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I had no idea that TX was in Japan.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Somebody comes in my house and tries to take their shoes off I’d smack the fuck out of them..

Dont want your foot sweat on my floors. Besides i live on a farm, your feet are safer in your shoes.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Heathen savage reporting in.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I take off my shoes when I get home. I usually put on slippers or flip-flops while indoors.
View Quote

Cause your normal.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Indeed.

Just think about every critter in the world shitting on the ground and you're walking in it, then tracking it into your house. If it is house only shoes, that is terribly uncomfortable and also promotes nasty foot fungus. Let those babies breathe! Also, you look geriatric like you need extra traction so you don't fall.

I will, however, make an exception for winter indoor slippers, especially if you have hard floors, other than that keep those nasty things out of here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Indoor barefoot master race checking in!

Indeed.

If you step in shit or mud, or otherwise tread on wet/messy stuff, take your shoes off, otherwise, you’re fine. If you like being barefoot, shuck ‘em.  It’s not a binary choice.  I’m a barefoot kind of dude, but taking your shoes off at the door as compulsive behavior is strange.

Germaphobes/dirtaphobes are strange and irrational people.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
We just got this little monster mastiff mix that LOVES making landmines....lol.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/289319/8fa72755-6d73-4e4a-99d6-1546dcb1b05e_jpg-2843426.JPG
View Quote
He's adorable! Def worth landmine duty.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#43]
I usually wear sandals or topsiders in the house. Kids and dogs have taught me not to go barefoot.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#44]
i like this clever mockery of people who rant at the wearing of hats indoors.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Filthy.
View Quote

Agreed. I don't walk around barefoot anywhere either. I wake up in the morning, socks go on. They stay on until I go to sleep. Except for the shower of course.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We don't have pets or a dog mess outside in that regard. When you come over I can provide you with some sanitized flip-flops if necessary. My 7-year-old boy kicks his shoes off as soon as he enters someone's house. That doesn't mean I don't have to do the couch cushions every week in the laundry. Filthy ass bare feet lol.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#47]
When you grew up in a house with linoleum floors and space heaters for heat you wore shoes or house shoes or you effin froze. It's an old habit I won't break.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Our 200 year old floor boards have seen plenty of shoes. I do however try and kick off my boots and wear a pair of old deck shoes or slippers in the house as much as possible.

Now people with wall to wall carpet that stomp around in dirty boots....
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Agree op.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Agreed. I don't walk around barefoot anywhere either. I wake up in the morning, socks go on. They stay on until I go to sleep. Except for the shower of course.
View Quote

You don’t have shower socks?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top