Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1010
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:13:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnnyCarcinogen:
Been up. Glock rep at LGS, had a g42 there.  Now that I've had my mitts on one, the "do want" has gone up exponentially.
Here it is next to my g17
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b538/Bmill113/9D983C90-3808-4E7C-A6F6-AB35C40DF817_zps3sw6hc83.jpg

Also a KSG for $1200
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b538/Bmill113/075812A6-B840-4D5F-9770-C11E0B82ED95_zpsrkzapzyi.jpg
View Quote

Thank you for the pic JC. That is the best representation of the 42's diminutive size. Up until now, I thought my S&W Bodyguard was safe. ..

The laser on the BG is a tiny bit of a novelty.  I'd much prefer a set of Trijicons, it especially makes sense on a Glock.  Though I'm assuming the 42 will take a different sight than standard. ..?  What was the price at your LGS on the 42?  I've got a buddy who has one and apparently the trigger pull is different, IIRC it's stiffer.

Dig your RTF 17. I have that in a G22.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 3:08:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:

Thank you for the pic JC. That is the best representation of the 42's diminutive size. Up until now, I thought my S&W Bodyguard was safe. ..

The laser on the BG is a tiny bit of a novelty.  I'd much prefer a set of Trijicons, it especially makes sense on a Glock.  Though I'm assuming the 42 will take a different sight than standard. ..?  What was the price at your LGS on the 42?  I've got a buddy who has one and apparently the trigger pull is different, IIRC it's stiffer.
get rid of the bodyguard.  That's my plan to score one of these suckers.  No price on the G42 yet, the one they had at the store was with the Glock rep
Dig your RTF 17. I have that in a G22.Thank you.  I fell in love with the RTF2 the first time I picked one up, and I'll never get rid of my 17.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Been up. Glock rep at LGS, had a g42 there.  Now that I've had my mitts on one, the "do want" has gone up exponentially.
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b538/Bmill113/9D983C90-3808-4E7C-A6F6-AB35C40DF817_zps3sw6hc83.jpg

Also a KSG for $1200
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b538/Bmill113/075812A6-B840-4D5F-9770-C11E0B82ED95_zpsrkzapzyi.jpg

get rid of the bodyguard.  That's my plan to score one of these suckers.  No price on the G42 yet, the one they had at the store was with the Glock rep
Dig your RTF 17. I have that in a G22.Thank you.  I fell in love with the RTF2 the first time I picked one up, and I'll never get rid of my 17.

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 3:11:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I like turtles.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RTP_RACING:
I like turtles.
View Quote

There actually quite popular around here.

I offer a motion that we make the turtle the official Sa/oU mascot. . .
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#5]
MissB likes turtles as well.

Sly didn't call it so MissB owns Page 90!!!  We might actually make it to 100.

Believe Terry is the creator of the Sa/oU logo, he'll have to work on the addition of turtles into our midst...
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Sunday, my favorite day of rest & to be grateful for our blessings.
Daytona 500 in rain delay, grrrrrr...Guess even the sunshine state of Florida also endures bad weather once in a while.

Big hugs Sa/oU friends & acquaintances.

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MissBheaven:
Hellbent went out & is hanging with the cool crowd now; he graces us with his presence now & then. (must be all that gorgeous wood)  
View Quote

You just loves me for my wood, MissB

Never was one for the cool crowd MissB.  Been working 55 hours a week and gettin up at 5 in the AM. Kind of puts the ki-bosh on some of the extra curriculars.
15 hours a week of over time ain't nuthin to sneeze at tho.

Finally off temp status and just in time for production season. They are so far behind on orders, it's OT for the forsee-able.
I will have next Saturday off though, daughters bowling team made it to division. She was sixth out of 63 . . . and that on a bad day! Then if they do well there, then the week after is state.

Ah well, back to catching up the other 7 pages.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Turtles are cool with me.

It's been a long day. Without the help of a certain angel, I don't think I would have made it through.

Going to try to rest now (again). Goodnight Sa/oU peoples . . .

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you turtley enough for the turtle club.
Went shooting today.  Holy crap I never thought 32°F would be so fracking cold!
I had to mix a triple of Knob Creek just to warm up.

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I think Imma gonna hit it. Sit in bed and fall asleep perusing Shotgun Nooze.
5AM comes around too early and I've never been a morning type.
Just keep repeating: 15 hours of time and a half . . .

Night all!
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Tried skeet for the first time yesterday.  Shot hand tossed clays with my cylenderbore maverick 88.  I have found a new shooting hobby that I can find cheap ammo for.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to own a Pontiac Aztek and I still own a mini14
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Hellbent, really good to hear from you!  You have been missed!

Congrats, all your hard work has paid off in the form of a permanent position.

Yes, MissB will always be in awe of your beautiful wood, don't see them like that often, hehehe

BIG hugs to you my friend!!!!

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 9:34:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#15]

Originally Posted By MAJClem:

I used to own a Pontiac Aztek and I still own a mini14
View Quote

Don't see any issues with owning a mini14, they look nice to me…?  Quite a few of my firearms have more of a emotional connection then for actual firepower or purpose. Not familiar with mini personally but you must be hanging onto it for a reason & anyone who has a problem with that they ain't worth shit anyway.

Welcome & have a GREAT Monday!

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#16]
He owns the mini for the express purpose of acceptance to this thread with all the rights, privileges and status granted to such members which is now, or which may be, considered customary and standard as entitled to the membership in good standing with this thread. So forth, and so forth. ....  

Welcome!  
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Happy Monday Sa/oU friends & acquaintances!

Going to be a cold but relatively storm free week, yay!  Had awesome rest this weekend, woke up at the crack of ass feeling bright & chipper.

After much hard work & dedication, excited to no longer be a probationary member @ the range.  Rec'd membership card for 2014, know it's nothing to you boys but for this girl it's momentous.

Terry, PLEASE get plenty of rest today; worried about you.  

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By dpmmn:

I would never admit it in a public forum, but I kind of like the Mini-14

View Quote

This is my at work drive-by

As always, nice to see you.

Your preferences are always accepted here!!!

My at work drive-by is about done for now, time to take care of business.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Off work today. Resting.

I've had a couple of Mini-14s and liked them, only got rid of my last one because it was one of the first run models, made in the '70s, and parts became virtually nonexistent for it.
When it broke the extractor it was going to be a $100+ custom made part (that might or might not work). Sold it to a guy who had a couple of parts guns and he fixed it. That was about 10 years ago and AFAIK it's still running today.

Feeling better, MissB. You're too good to me.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#22]
JC, you have a Maverick 88?

I have one. It came with an 18½" Cyl barrel, a stock and a pistol grip.

I found a used 28" modified 500 Mossberg barrel, and covered it with camo-tape to hunt with.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TerryC:

I found a used 28" modified 500 Mossberg barrel, and covered it with camo-tape to hunt with.

View Quote

Yeah, it's actually my wife's.  She bought it with birthday money a few years ago because she wanted a HD shotgun.  She knows how to use it in case of serious need, but doesn't like shooting it recreationally.  My buddy just got one himself, and tacticooled it up, and as a lark we went skeet shooting and found out its the most fun you can have with your pants on.  I'm thinking of selling a few mosins (I have 5, only two are must keep) IOT get one of the Mossberg 500s that walmart sells with wood furniture as a fun gun and maybe keep an 18.5 inch barrel on it for a secondary HD gun.  Somehow, I think if I had to used my vz58 in a HD scenario here in SWMO, I'd lose that rifle for an indefinite period of time.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#24]
That is it for this girl today.  Entered & covered court hearings for next couple of weeks, blew threw a stack of files that could choke a goat.

My brain is frazzled, heading home to snuggle & love on my 2 boys & watch mindless TV.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Have a great day Sa/oU friends!
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I would never admit it in a public forum, but I kind of like the Mini-14

This is my at work drive-by
View Quote

I like all guns much as I like all of my family.  Just cause I like It, doesn't mean it's not a POS.   It falls into the same category to me as its namesake and their granddaddy, interesting and sometimes useful but;  not the answer IMO.

My advice is for us to keep our feelings on the subject out of the public domain.

I'm a Mossberg fan myself.  That alone will keep me in this thread!
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 1:11:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#28]
good morning
View Quote

Good morning to you and the Sa/oU crew!
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TerryC:

View Quote

I can't be a fan of the Maverick line, gotta have the tang safety as a user of the devil's hand. . .
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I herd yall have beer and like Mini-14s.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 53vortec:
View Quote

I'd like a Mini, got one for free?

Never shot one, but I'd honestly like a Mini-30, just because it would have commonality with my other semi-auto rifle.  All the other long guns I have are mosins.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Got any Schlitz?
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll trade a Natty Light for a Schlitz.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Never shot one, but I'd honestly like a Mini-30, just because it would have commonality with my other semi-auto rifle.  All the other long guns I have are mosins.
View All Quotes

I've never shot a 30 either, but to me they just exacerbate the worst problem of the Mini, affordable mags. Now if it took AK mags...
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Got any Schlitz?
View All Quotes

Got any Schlitz?

Just some Shiner at home. Rough weekend though, drying out for a few days.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 4:26:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#36]
Almost quitting time for this hard working gal.

Terry, hope you had a decent day back in the grind?  Hopefully, you didn't overdue & are feeling better today?

Sorry guys, all MissB has for beer @ home is Budweiser; keep a case or so around in my SHTF supplies.  Never know when some poor fellow might wander by & fancy a cold beverage.  Otherwise, completely stocked up on whisky or scotch & a bottle of Cold River Gin. (my neighbors favorite)

Oh & didn't include hugs this morning! (totally unlike me)

BIG hugs Sa/oU friends!!

Link Posted: 2/25/2014 6:02:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#37]
Good evening Sa/oU what's shaking around here.  Did I hear Mini 14, That might move us from unpopular to outcast.

I might know a friend who might have one he swears by and not at. He  feels just fine with the brick heavy steel Ruger mags.

he hits what he is shooting at, eventually.

Hey MissB big hug here.

Link Posted: 2/25/2014 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Had a Mini-14 back in the mid-80s. Was fun to shoot and it was kinda like the M1A that I really wanted.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#39]
MISS Pjoo

Family life & USAF must be keeping him very busy.

Link Posted: 2/25/2014 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 9:21:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryC] [#41]
Somebody say Ruger mags?

*spit*

I had me some of them Ruger mags once . . .

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Good morning Sa/oU friends & acquaintances!

Terry, extremely relieved your kicking this cold/flu.

JC, hope you find a good home for Gretchen soon.  Squeeze cunning little Everett for MissB.

Dpmmn, you must be exhausted already, 3:30 a.m. wake up call gotta be brutal.  Hope you get caught up on rest soon.

Nothing exciting here, usual day in the grind. May get stuck grabbing a friend's delinquent 20 yr old daughter later today & giving her a ride.  She goes to court this afternoon, will see if they release her from jail.  The kid is a total waste of oxygen, completely useless, FSA the whole 9 yards.  It saves my gf from driving all the way into town with a 2 yr old, find parking, dragging the baby around in this cold weather, etc.  She was all stressed out over it so I offered if the kid will stick around until I get out of work will drop her off.  They only live up the street from me & gf's husband is a life long friend.  I'm tooooo nice of a person sometimes, we shall see how all that works out.

Off to tackle end of the month report, blow out some files & have a overall productive day.

BIG hugs from here!

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Just letting you all know I'm still here. Nothing much to report.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Ditto on still here.  Rolling over to the library to get help with my pre-calc.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:43:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#46]
I got this one two weekends ago. When a wife or one of the kids get sick they come here. It's the climate I guess.
Usually rent the whole floor they are staying on. Sucks to be rich huh. Pretty sure they are not eating the cafeteria food.
Some actually own homes here. It's fairly common to see this plane here.

Good job on the mercy mission bailing the neighbors spawn out of the hole MissB. To all of you out there in Sa/oU land.
Stressing living and getting along. I wish you all a great nights rest.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:03:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#47]
Test. ..

About fricken time Samsung !

That's all for tonight.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Test. ..

About fricken time Samsung !

That's all for tonight.
View Quote

YAY!!!!

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#49]
For some odd reason, my phone wouldn't post here since the night before last.  I'd write up a post and hit submit.  It would refresh the page, but wouldn't upload my text.  Out of desperation I used the surefire IT cure.  "Unplug it, plug it back in". After I reinstalled my battery, opening Arfcom revealed I wasn't logged in. . . Though I hadn't logged out and had access to my subscriptions and IMs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#50]

Also a KSG for $1200
View Quote

An RTF2!!!! I have one too!!! Love that fucking thing...
Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top