Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1010
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm on dry land here. Coming home Sunday all the gullies were running water.  I have a low spot in the driveway that has an 8" culvert to handle seasonal runoff.  The 65 degree weather melting many inches of snow was more than the culvert could handle. Had running water over our crossing and I've never seen that before.  

2011 was a hell of a year for flooding in the lowlands here, but that was due to weeks of unseasonably heavy and steady rains meeting the usual, but accelerated, runoff from the snow pack in the mountains.  

So flooding on Sunday and rain Monday morning that turned to snow in the late afternoon/evening. Just hoping that the moisture continues through the spring or that the ground thaws and allows all this water to soak in.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 2:29:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#2]
If any of the Sa/oU crew are able to help,  there's a fire mission in the Larue Tactical forum by one of our own here from the board requesting care packages for a deployment in Africa.  They need food spices mostly as they've been living off MREs for months with some meats provided.   (Dillo dust in particular)  Here's a chance to help those who toil in service to others.  

I'd link, but I'm mobile stoopid.

SHIT!  Looking at the time between this post and my last. .. My condolences again to this poor thread
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:36:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryC] [#3]
Meh, it'll live. A little rest probably did it some good.

Will go check out the thread before I head to work.

Happy Hump Day Sa/oU peoples!

ETA: Thread linkage.

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the link Terry.

Happy hump day Sa/oU crew!
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Sly, big ty for heads up for service members in need!!!!  I'll prepare a box & send away as soon as address is provided.  Tried to coerce pjoo into letting me send a care package when he was deployed, he would not comply; said he was taken care of.  Anything we can do to make deployment a little easier for our serviceman is the least someone like me can do.

Holy shit-storm is baring down upon us as I type, yippee-ki-yay mf!

GREAT news, surgery for my secretary went well, she is home recovering & NO lymph node involvement!!!!

Gotta go, work is calling, BIG hugs from here Sa/oU friends!!!

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Your Welcome MissB.

Great to receive the positive news in regards to your secretary's battle.  Praying she stays strong and recuperates in comfort.

To hell with cancer!
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, almost quitting time; going to crawl home in this storm & hunker down with the boys.

I feel like such a bad mumma, was real mad @ Chili Pepper this morning.  He lifted his leg on my pillows, marking his territory & he knows it's BAD!!  Yelled @ both of them & gave him a little spank on his butt.  NOT hard or anything but this shit has to stop.  Anyway, I left the house w/out giving them cookie or bones, they had no breakfast. When I say BAD that little boy goes running up the hall & under the bed or behind a chair.  Sux for me to be mean but I can't put up with this behavior.  Not sure why he's marking, no other dogs nor men have been in the house.  Must be a guy thing, ugh…

Been having a down day due to weather & yelling @ my kids this morning.  A friend unexpectedly sent me some pics in IM that perked me up a little.  It's the little things in life.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Ohio, been thinking about you.  Hope you are feeling better?

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MissBheaven:
Well, almost quitting time; going to crawl home in this storm & hunker down with the boys.

I feel like such a bad mumma, was real mad @ Chili Pepper this morning.  He lifted his leg on my pillows, marking his territory & he knows it's BAD!!  Yelled @ both of them & gave him a little spank on his butt.  NOT hard or anything but this shit has to stop.  Anyway, I left the house w/out giving them cookie or bones, they had no breakfast. When I say BAD that little boy goes running up the hall & under the bed or behind a chair.  Sux for me to be mean but I can't put up with this behavior.  Not sure why he's marking, no other dogs nor men have been in the house.  Must be a guy thing, ugh…

Been having a down day due to weather & yelling @ my kids this morning.  A friend unexpectedly sent me some pics in IM that perked me up a little.  It's the little things in life.
View Quote

Sorry about your pillow Miss.B.  If it makes you feel any better our new addition ate my dinner last week.  Don't worry about getting mad at them, they've probably forgotten all about it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#10]
And now I have the Sheriffs Department watching my house . . .

FML.

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TerryC:

FML.

View Quote

How about some details fellow frog?
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Hooligan, really NICE to see you & welcome!!!
It's been a long day, dream sweet Sa/oU crew!!

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#13]

FML.

View Quote

You've had more than your share of family drama lately.

Hugs Terry!

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:15:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryC] [#14]
[Edited]

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Hugs Terry! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/argorider/Emoticons%205/cat-hug-smiley.gif

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

FML.

Hugs Terry! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/argorider/Emoticons%205/cat-hug-smiley.gif

Thank you MissB.

In my post above, the reason Cherokee was a no show this past weekend.

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:24:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#16]

snip

View Quote

Damn that's tough.  I hope things start going your way.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 11:18:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#17]
Originally Posted By hooligan223:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hooligan223:

Agreed, Oh and nice to meet you hooligan223.  Seen you around before.

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 11:20:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#18]

View Quote

Sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 11:22:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#19]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 11:23:46 PM EDT
[#20]

<a href="http://www.sherv.net/" target="_blank">http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/word/how-u-doin-smiley-emoticon.gif</a>  
View Quote

TRH
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 11:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#21]
80's again today. Will it ever cool off. Everyone seems to be a bit down. So what would I recommend.
A Basset hound. This would be Conan.

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#22]
yo yo.... checking in... good range day today... shot my g27, g17 rtf2, kimber 1911 (with NO malfunctions!!!!!) and my AR... fun times...
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Bennjammin:
yo yo.... checking in... good range day today... shot my g27, g17 rtf2, kimber 1911 (with NO malfunctions!!!!!) and my AR... fun times...
View Quote

You did well. Running that many.  Not shooting gun show reloads are we?
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#25]

I have the same Harbor freight trike.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 3:27:23 AM EDT
[#26]

<a href="http://www.sherv.net/" target="_blank">http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/word/how-u-doin-smiley-emoticon.gif</a>  
View Quote

Little bit.  Missed work again today, dizzy and no voice.
Hope to get back in tomorrow.

I "napped" from 2 to 6 this afternoon; going to bed soon and sleeping to noon. I work 3-11.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Hi all, checking after my absence yesterday.  

TerryC, what a crap situation.  I hope the the authorities filter through the BS real soon so they leave you alone.  Family drama, wtf.  I'm always toeing the line with my in-laws.  Things are OK at the moment, but it's volatile.  Not as close as blood relatives, though...

Ohio, feel better soon, man.  Rest up!

MissB, glad to hear your secretary situation is turning out well.  And yes, I was well taken care of in the desert.  The guys and gals further downrange are the ones that could really use the care packages.

To all here... have a great day.  I've been ok myself while pretty busy at work.  The little one's been beating me up every day, I have the bruises, cuts and chipped tooth to prove it!    On another note, I've been getting really frustrated with my AR builds.  I'm beginning to think maybe DIY riles aren't my "thing".
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By Mauser1:

80's again today. Will it ever cool off.

Everyone seems to be a bit down. So what would I recommend.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/ConanampLexy016_zps34b109c5.jpg

View Quote

M1 take that gorgeous weather in AZ & shove it send some this way.
Conan, what a nice hound!!!

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Agreed, Oh and nice to meet you hooligan223.  Seen you around before.

View Quote

You too Mauser.  Yeah, I spend too much time on Afrcom somedays.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#30]

<a href="http://www.sherv.net/" target="_blank">http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/rude/1/flipping-the-bird.gif</a>

View All Quotes

80's again today. Will it ever cool off.

Everyone seems to be a bit down. So what would I recommend.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/ConanampLexy016_zps34b109c5.jpg

<a href="http://www.sherv.net/" target="_blank">http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/rude/1/flipping-the-bird.gif</a>

Are you still getting snow?  It looked like it according to weather at lunch.  I bet a week in the Florida Keys sounds good about now.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Brrrr....freezing day of 40 mph winds with temps that didn't get above 20 degrees...brrrrr.....ton of snow in the mountains plus a nice coating for frozen ice underneath.
Hooligan, the Florida Keys would be a wonderful escape, NO doubt.  Keep telling myself warmer weather is on the horizon.

Have a relaxing evening Sa/oU crew, tomorrow will be here soon enough.  Hugs from the frozen tundra.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 10:38:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BradsGrrl] [#32]
No happy dance for Monday morning here Sa/oU crew.  Although, well rested, no problem crawling out of bed this morning.  Never left the house until this morning since arriving home Friday night, didn't even put on a bra or get dressed.  

That is what I call a awesome weekend!

Of course, work will suck the energy & life out of me in no time at all. My secretary has breast cancer, mastectomy this morning; she'll be gone at least 1 month.  Praying for NO lymph node involvement. I'm stuck with the part time FSA girl & she is about as useless as a screen door on a submarine.  Crossing my fingers she doesn't quit & leave us high & dry.  

FUCK CANCER!!!!
View Quote

Sorry about your secretary.  I agree with the Fuck Cancer sentiment.  Just lost my dad to bladder cancer two weeks ago.  

What keeps me going is knowing that he is not in pain anymore and he is with my mom again.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Agree with the Phuc Cancer comment.  Cancer claimed quite a number of relatives, friends, and acquaintances.  It is the debbil.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#34]
in
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:29:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:35:44 AM EDT
[#36]
We need more Crayons these guys look hungry.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 8:52:25 AM EDT
[#38]
HAPPY FRIDAY SA/OU!!!

That is all.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:20:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#39]
       TGIF Sa/oU!!!!

Starting the day off with ARFcom, caffeine & usual end of the week steak breakfast sandwich.

Plan to blow out a huge stack this morning, both attorneys are out for the day.  Stuck with FSA part timer & bookkeeper, slim pickings around here.  

Was 4 degrees on the way to work but going to top out a little over 30, which will feel good compared to past few days.

Terry, not much for plans for me this weekend.  Heading out for some errands in the morning tomorrow, will otherwise be home; call the house # should you so desire.  Keeping my fingers crossed you'll have a visit with the little princess.

Ohio, hope your feeling better; bronchitis is tough to shoo away once it invades your body. Take it slow & easy my friend, HUGS!!!

Y'all have any exciting plans for the weekend?  MissB must live vicariously through others that have real lives, not buried in snow & cold weather.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By 4v50:

Agree with the Phuc Cancer comment.  Cancer claimed quite a number of relatives, friends, and acquaintances.  It is the debbil.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Y'all have any exciting plans for the weekend?  MissB must live vicariously through others that have real lives, not buried in snow & cold weather.
View Quote

Nothing specific planned... might make the drive up to Denver sometime for some shopping and a meal with the family.  Not that I can't do that here in the Springs, but Denver is a little bigger and a change of scenery.

Stay warm and safe this weekend!
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By abpt1:

in
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By pjoo1120:
Nothing specific planned... might make the drive up to Denver sometime for some shopping and a meal with the family.  Not that I can't do that here in the Springs, but Denver is a little bigger and a change of scenery.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pjoo1120:

Best kind of weekend, squeeze your adorable little boy for me, especially those checks!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Before I forget, JC, found good homes for both GSD?  HOW is cunning little bundle of cute?  Hopefully his allergies have calmed down?

Last, but not least, did you have a NICE Spring break week?!!?
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#46]

Ohio, hope your feeling better; bronchitis is tough to shoo away once it invades your body. Take it slow & easy my friend, HUGS!!! <a href="http://www.sherv.net/" target="_blank">http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/hug/smiley-gets-a-big-hug.gif</a>

View Quote

Thanks, I am trying. It seems harder to heal the older I get.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 10:16:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#47]
This is my weekend hangout.

Need to clean the house since we were away last weekend visiting SIL/BIL.

Little girl  was calling dinosaurs starting Tuesday evening and hopefully it's over as of early yesterday evening  Hoping the rest of the family continues to dodge the bug.

While not quite as spectacular as calling dinosaurs,  SWMBO sounds like she's trying to hack a tuba out of her lungs or is practicing barking like a Yeti in distress.

Here's hoping for a low speed, high drag weekend filled with old west reruns and rest.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:

This is my weekend hangout.

Need to clean the house since we were away last weekend visiting SIL/BIL.

Little girl  was calling dinosaurs starting Tuesday evening and hopefully it's over as of early yesterday evening  Hoping the rest of the family continues to dodge the bug.

While not quite as spectacular as calling dinosaurs,  SWMBO sounds like she's trying to hack a tuba out of her lungs or is practicing barking like a Yeti in distress.

Here's hoping for a low speed, high drag weekend filled with old west reruns and rest.
View Quote

Been having a craving for a John Wayne movie, may scratch that itch this weekend.

Hope little girl & SWMBO feel better soon, ugh.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By BradsGrrl:

Sorry about your secretary.  I agree with the Fuck Cancer sentiment.  Just lost my dad to bladder cancer two weeks ago.  

What keeps me going is knowing that he is not in pain anymore and he is with my mom again.

View Quote

They are both @ peace on the other side looking down upon you.

Big hugs gurl!

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 4:24:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#50]

View Quote

Sometimes a "real life" isn't all it's cracked up to be.   I wish I could have traded with you today!  Nothing bad (well I guess bad is all in how you look at it) happened but Will (my 2yo son) and I had one hell of an adventure.  I'll just say that he's had two baths since lunch and he's on his third set of clothes for the day and leave it at that.  I'll be glad when his momma gets home to take over.   ETA:  Days like today I realize that dealing with a 2yo would have been easier at 29 than it is at 39.  

On a very positive note he had a great report at a doctor appointment this morning.

No big plans this weekend.  I'll probably take the kids to the park tomorrow and it's going to rain on Sunday.  I'll probably work on straightening up the basement, it's in pretty bad shape after the winter.
Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top