Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:05:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Space Crapper
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:07:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#3]
God the navy is all sorts of butthurt with this new service.  They want their mitts all over it and cant STAND the air force as the host service.

Besides, naval rank and titles are all sorts of fucked up.  Ain't no body got time for that gay fuckery.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:10:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only rank that is a must, Second Lieutenant=Space Cadet.
View Quote
What you did there...I see it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:23:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Less gay fuckery... less collisions.

Let’s start a petition for the Navy to adopt Army rank structure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
God the navy is all sorts of butthurt with this new service.  They want their mitts all over it and cant STAND the air force as the host service.

Besides, naval rank and titles are all sorts of fucked up.  Ain't no body got time for that gay fuckery.
Less gay fuckery... less collisions.

Let’s start a petition for the Navy to adopt Army rank structure.
Aside from the anal sperm injections and whatnot, the gayest thing about the navy is their constant butthurt about the implementation strategies of this new branch.  It's so fucking gay.

We get it, crackerjack.  You wanted your KY lubed meathooks deep inside the space force, but guess what?  Spend less time fantasizing about star trek and more time doing boat stuff.  In the water, where you're supposed to be.

God crackerjack uniforms and fucked up rank in space would be sooooo gay.  Like, super gay.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:25:10 AM EDT
[#7]
To be honest I'm excited to see if there's going to be Space Marines.
There's nothing in this universe we can't kill or impregnate.

Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:25:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think I agree.

A true space force will be a large complex ship not a single seat fighter or small crew bomber. A naval structure is much better suited for that environment.

That said I honestly think the Navy should have been the lead on space force not the air force.
View Quote
What ships? This isn't some stupid Star Trek movie. There is no advantage to Navy structure.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:27:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/jPemkom.gif
http://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xlCWBiayAfRGNO/giphy.gif
View Quote
Suffer not the xenos to live.

Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:27:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Doesn't the navy have an issue with scratching Uncle Sam's ships?
They also have the Marines.

Just use the AF or Army ranks...anything else sounds too Treckish...
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, it makes sense, because they will ultimately have ships...
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:29:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What ships? This isn't some stupid Star Trek movie. There is no advantage to Navy structure.
View Quote
Not yet.

10 years ago the idea of landing a booster was syfi today SpaceX makes it look commonplace.

What about 50 or 100 years from now?
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:31:21 AM EDT
[#13]
For now it’s just going to be satellites, probes,etc. My son will be a part of that command when he graduates tech school and goes to Vandenberg. If it ever gets to the point of actual ships manned with larger crews for extended periods of time, the Navy should absolutely be a involved with that. I bet they’ll keep their rank structure. If one has an IQ higher than a potato, Navy rank isn’t that difficult. Sorry jarheads and army grunts
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:31:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not trying to have a Filipino space force.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I nominate that ship security personnel should wear all white body armor when in combat and red shorts at all other times.

Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No arguement there... For the short to mid term I think you are exactly right. But at some point we will send honest to god ships to the other planets and get off this rock in some fashion. Start the way you intend to end. Naval rank and structure seems to be the logical approach.
View Quote
That will be a thousand years into the future and even then it won't matter one wit about Navy structure.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:34:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I agree.  It should be Naval.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:34:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Would you rather have a General or an Admiral in charge of your space fleet.

I think the naval rank is appropriate.
View Quote
ROFL Don't be absurd. No matter the rank they will need to have the same skills.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:35:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Every rank, rating, and piece of equipment needs to have the word "Space" in front of it.
View Quote
"Space Private front and center!!"
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:36:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
He's calling spacecraft "ships" in a subliminal linguistic effort to legitimize navy fuckery innnnnn spaaaaaaace.  Ain't nothing naval about space for the foreseeable future.  Satellites and cool experimental tech, which the AF does well.  We're not building a starship enterprise to kick reptilian dick nor send manned missions across the galaxy any time soon.  No need, desire nor funds for naval fuckery.

The space force is the air force's baby for now,  until it grows wings.  Until then, all the screeching you hear about Navy>AF only comes from a state of jealousy, and nothing pragmatic.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:39:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They must use gender neutral ranks, i.e. no airman, seaman ranks. Admiral, captain and commander are also problematic as they evoke the patriarchy.
View Quote
Leave the PC crap out of this.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:41:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Obviously if they're on board space"ships" it should be Naval rank but since it's under the Air Force I doubt that's going to happen.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:42:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Airplanes are more similar to ships than any spacecraft. The idea that we should base a new military branches culture on some half-century old retarded Hollywood fantasy about what space travel is like is, well, retarded.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/jPemkom.gif
http://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xlCWBiayAfRGNO/giphy.gif
View Quote
Now I've seen everything.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:42:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Obviously if they're on board space"ships" it should be Naval rank but since it's under the Air Force I doubt that's going to happen.
View Quote
What makes a spacecraft a "ship" and an aircraft not a "ship"?
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:44:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
People have a complete misunderstanding of what the Space Force does if they think this is necessary.
View Quote
Exactly. A bunch of civilians with a handful of satellite “pilots” sitting in Colorado in flight suits wearing spings and doing a whole bunch of fuckall 99% of the time. It’s not exactly SSDG time.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:50:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Exactly. A bunch of civilians with a handful of satellite “pilots” sitting in Colorado in flight suits wearing spings and doing a whole bunch of fuckall 99% of the time. It’s not exactly SSDG time.
View Quote
That reminds me.  I need to email the space officer that was in my SOS class and hated the idea of the Space Force to congratulate him on his plank ownership.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:50:21 AM EDT
[#28]
FPNI
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:50:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He's calling spacecraft "ships" in a subliminal linguistic effort to legitimize navy fuckery innnnnn spaaaaaaace.  Ain't nothing naval about space for the foreseeable future.  Satellites and cool experimental tech, which the AF does well.  We're not building a starship enterprise to kick reptilian dick nor send manned missions across the galaxy any time soon.  No need, desire nor funds for naval fuckery.

The space force is the air force's baby for now,  until it grows wings.  Until then, all the screeching you hear about Navy>AF only comes from a state of jealousy, and nothing pragmatic.
View Quote
I agree. We also called dirigibles airships. The Navy will parse all they want but Space Force is the Air Force's child. The Navy needs to butt out and run their own service which they can't seem to do very well of late.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:53:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No shit. Navy rank structure is some nonsensical shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FPNI; Petition should be for the USN to adopt the other services rank structure.
What makes more sense than the Merchant Marine rank structure?  Commodore (equivalent of admiral), The Captain is the capt(4stripes). The Chief Mate (3 stripes) is the XO, the the 2nd Mate (2 stripes) , and 3rd Mate (1 stripe). Equivalent in the engine department,  Chief Engineer, 1st Assistant Engineer, 2nd Assistant Engineer and 3rd Assistant  Engineer.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 1:10:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup.

In the end its just guys trying to bring about their childhood scifi fantasies into real life utilizing rank as a feel good measure.  Current and forseeable future operations have nothing in common with navy culture.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 1:19:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's just sci-fi guys jacking it to their nerd fantasies.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 1:29:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yup.

In the end its just guys trying to bring about their childhood scifi fantasies into real life utilizing rank as a feel good measure.  Current and forseeable future operations have nothing in common with navy culture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup.

Dirigibles and blimps are airships.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 1:33:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Navy ranks are fine but I think they should go to pre Sept1996 when O3 and under simply called "Mister".  Or Miss/Misses as necessary these days.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I agree. We also called dirigibles airships. The Navy will parse all they want but Space Force is the Air Force's child. The Navy needs to butt out and run their own service which they can't seem to do very well of late.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The US dirigibles were operated by the US Navy, in the period between the World Wars.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Spaceships
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#37]

TC
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That's not a good argument. Look what we've made of the "New World".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

For the same general reasons people were arguing for exporting people from Europe to the 'New World', a few centuries ago.
That's not a good argument. Look what we've made of the "New World".
Lol you're trying to hard.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
As a former jarhead, IDGAF.
View Quote
Why were you disowned? Were you dishonorably discharged?

Once a Marine, always a Marine unless you were deemed unworthy.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Maybe the Space Force could use a totally new idea for rank structures.  As some examples:

Junior Storm Leader
Senior Storm Leader
Head Storm Leader
Storm Unit Leader
Senior Storm Leader
etc.

Or jump to the top ranks:
Senior Group Leader

These ranks have never been done before so therefore they would be super awesome.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Navy rank is dumb and you should feel dumb
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
People have a complete misunderstanding of what the Space Force does if they think this is necessary.
View Quote
If the Space Force doesn't mean flying between worlds in star destroyers, battlestars or command carriers to suppress rebellions on the outer colonies with laser cannons and drop troops, then why even have it?
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The Space Force isn't Star Trek.
View Quote
Why?
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yes.  You have to know the guy's job to actually call him the correct title.

The Air Force we are just about as easy as it gets:
- E1-E4: Airman
- E5-E7: Sergeant
- E8: Chief
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I was Army, my signature block was was something like:

SGT GovtThug
1/502nd INF
FTCKY
DSN 867-5309

Navy was like:

P@-2 Marinegirlfriend
Somefuckingship
DSN GoodLuckGettingInContactWithMe

What the fuck is a P@-2? It's not on any rank equivalency chart. Is that your MOS? What the fuck is that?
Yes.  You have to know the guy's job to actually call him the correct title.

The Air Force we are just about as easy as it gets:
- E1-E4: Airman
- E5-E7: Sergeant
- E8: Chief
Damm...
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Only if Naval Construction Contract(s) [NCC] or Naval eXperimental contracts [NX] are used for building the fleet.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The Navy currently has fuckall to do with Space Force.
View Quote
Actually not true, SPAWAR brought you the winning that was JMS
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Attachment Attached File

Outer space will be basically living in a Space Submarine therefore I'd say USN rank is in outer space appropriate.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#49]
This coming from a yahoo calling himself Commander Salamander? What a fucking retard.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They must use gender neutral ranks, i.e. no airman, seaman ranks. Admiral, captain and commander are also problematic as they evoke the patriarchy.
Lighten up Francis
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top