BCM
User Panel

REST IN PEACE (Page 112 of 208)
Page / 208
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FluffyTheCat:
Something just came to mind.  I explained earlier that when I called Jeff, he was the one who comforted me.  I realized a few minutes ago that Jeff's courage and grace can only be the result of a very close walk with the Lord.  The man's faith was something to behold.

What I'm saying is that maybe Jeff was sent to set an example for us here at arfcom.  My prayer is that everyone here will accept the Lord into their hearts and they everyone here will love their children and their family.
View Quote

Amen to this!

I came on to tell Reta to disregard any negative posts in this thread.  We're a big family here and we have family members who like to squabble, someone will come along and smack em up along side their well deserving heads in no time.  You focus on yourself, your family -- which is what I know you're doing.

You continue to be in my prayers.  Please do not hesitate reaching out to anyone if you need anything.  

May God continue to bless you.  Patty

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Hang in there, buddy. We're praying for you.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Philligan:

Hello I just signed up today to say how nice this was of you guys.

My name is Dan im a friend of Jeff's from over at GLP.

That was a great gift from you. Wow im speechless
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Philligan:
Originally Posted By LMTRocks:
It appears I have some good news to bring today.

Your M1A has arrived Jeff

Now get well and go get your gun

There should be 4-20rd and 2-10rd mags in the box.

Make sure there are, and if anyone at Cabelas says otherwise, tell them to email me.  My email is in the note inside the box.

Hello I just signed up today to say how nice this was of you guys.

My name is Dan im a friend of Jeff's from over at GLP.

That was a great gift from you. Wow im speechless

Welcome Dan.

We are here for Jeff's friends as well as his family.

I just wanted to let you guys know my day started out thinking of you.

Stay strong.

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#5]
we've never met or spoken, but i can't help but feel heartbroken over this story and find myself frequently checking for updates (and hoping for positive ones). regardless of the outcome, i hope both you and your family find peace.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
first time in days i havent seen this on the active topics page.

bump
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh forgot to post this the other day.

Trigger #22 I tried talking them into letting me do a SSF for my pending M16 but they didn't want to mess with a bunch of custom request. ( regardless I will still be buying a SSF from them)

This SSAe will go in my SBR 300blk build for coyte and other criter hunting.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Reta,

I pray that God gives you and your family the strength to endure the days ahead.  I pray for a miracle and that your Husband is soon reunited with his family in 100% health.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Something just came to mind.  I explained earlier that when I called Jeff, he was the one who comforted me.  I realized a few minutes ago that Jeff's courage and grace can only be the result of a very close walk with the Lord.  The man's faith was something to behold.

What I'm saying is that maybe Jeff was sent to set an example for us here at arfcom.  My prayer is that everyone here will accept the Lord into their hearts and they everyone here will love their children and their family.
View Quote

Amen Brother.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 4:23:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump from page 2.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 4:27:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillehayd] [#11]
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:
Thank you for the update Lug1.
View Quote

This, and thank you for taking time out to spend with him. I speak for a lot of folks, I think, when I say that we appreciate it almost as much as Jeff does.

ETA http://www.gofundme.com/4zxjjk
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 4:28:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ALostKey] [#12]
Just got my cheeks for the marrow registry and waiting to give blood. Kill this thing, Jeff.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#13]
more prayers inbound
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread has made me join this fine outstanding group. I have prayers inbound as well.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By zx9rt1texas:
This thread has made me join this fine outstanding group. I have prayers inbound as well.

Michael
View Quote

Welcome! There are lots of areas in here, and hopefully you'll find your niche. Beware, General Discussions can feel like a hazing ritual at times, but there are lots of nice people in here. (Wave, you nice people!). Have a thick skin, but have fun. (Beware the Test Post Forum - it's moderator is um, a nice guy (Bless his heart). )

Bump for page 1 and prayers for a good recovery for Jeff.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#16]
praying for you buddy

& bump
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Lug1:
I just left Jeff.  The last time I saw him we ate meatball sandwiches at subway.  That was a little over a week ago.  My how just a little time changes things.  I read some scripture for Jeff, we prayed.  I met his wife Reta.  And his friends Ray and Carlos.  Thank you gentlemen for your service.  We listened to some Peter Frampton(great guitarist), Eagles, and some Santana I believe.  Jeff's condition is still represented by the photo his wife posted, but Jeff knew exactly who I was and what we were talking about.  He is strong dude.

God's blessings on you Jeff and Reta.
View Quote

Thanks for the update
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Fluffy,
     I believe this happens on a daily basis and you have hit the nail on the head. The Lord works in mysterious ways and I feel like He always uses people according to His will, no matter how hard it is to understand. We, as humans, are very impatient. We want answers, and we want answers now. We don't always see the reasons why God does something, and there is no guarantee that we ever will during our Earthly life. Small things happen daily that put us in different places at different times or maybe meeting new people in new places and we never even question. When it comes to losing life though, we are very quick to scream "why", or turn our back to God, as we are mumbling about "why he took this life so soon", or "why did this happened to such a good person". I think this plays out most of the time with the death or sickness of young children. I have seen the death of a child turn many, many people to The Lord. Do I believe this is he only reason God takes a life early? No. Is this the only reason people are sick? No. I'm no Bible scholar and don't claim to be. I just saying you are spot on about God sending Jeff here for a reason. Something made him pick up his tablet and post that night. Something made him share his story, and talk about his faith. I think we know what that something is. He has touched many people with his sickness. He has made many fathers and mothers spend that afternoon with their children, instead of laying around on the laptop or working late. He has made people look for God. He has brought Cristians like myself a little closer to God. He has touched thousands and thousands of unspoken people who just come here daily to read, that never post. He has, and continues to put up a good fight while this thread grows and touches more and more people every day.

Stay strong Jeff. I continue to pray for you and your family daily.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Jeff and Family,
Thinking of you and praying for you today.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Lug1:
I just left Jeff.  The last time I saw him we ate meatball sandwiches at subway.  That was a little over a week ago.  My how just a little time changes things.  I read some scripture for Jeff, we prayed.  I met his wife Reta.  And his friends Ray and Carlos.  Thank you gentlemen for your service.  We listened to some Peter Frampton(great guitarist), Eagles, and some Santana I believe.  Jeff's condition is still represented by the photo his wife posted, but Jeff knew exactly who I was and what we were talking about.  He is strong dude.

God's blessings on you Jeff and Reta.
View Quote

Thank you Sir...
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:31:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NCUrk] [#21]
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:

Amen to this!

I came on to tell Reta to disregard any negative posts in this thread.  We're a big family here and we have family members who like to squabble, someone will come along and smack em up along side their well deserving heads in no time.  You focus on yourself, your family -- which is what I know you're doing.

You continue to be in my prayers.  Please do not hesitate reaching out to anyone if you need anything.  

View All Quotes

Amen to this!

I believe I have read every page and don't think I have read an actual negative response yet...  A few misunderstandings and some jokes, but now negativity.

Continued Prayers and love for the Reed Family from NC.

ETA:
Went to the Dr for a routine visit yesterday, Get to come off my B/P meds and Cholesterol meds. Have to stay on my Testosterone... Doc says I am having a side affect to the testosterone though, I have "Thick" blood. His suggestion is to either come off the meds or start donating blood, as "Thick Blood" is in high demand and greatly needed (So says the Doc). Jeff, I am looking for a place local to donate...
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

When I posted back on the first day or 2 of this thread, he did the same for me.
I will be eternally grateful for the perspective check he gave me.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Jeff and Family, prayers sent.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:44:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lohe] [#24]
Originally Posted By NCUrk:

I believe I have read every page and don't think I have read an actual negative response yet...  A few misunderstandings and some jokes, but now negativity.

ETA:
Went to the Dr for a routine visit yesterday, Get to come off my B/P meds and Cholesterol meds. Have to stay on my Testosterone... Doc says I am having a side affect to the testosterone though, I have "Thick" blood. His suggestion is to either come off the meds or start donating blood, as "Thick Blood" is in high demand and greatly needed (So says the Doc). Jeff, I am looking for a place local to donate...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NCUrk:

Amen to this!

ETA:

This for GD this has been a very well behaved thread.

When I first read the thread title on day 1 I wanted to just pop in and in true GD fashion post "Dibs on guns"  then I read his first post and felt bad for even thinking to post that...
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#25]
i have been following along since the 1st day.  WOW!  how things change fast.  i only "stepped away" for a few days......

i do not know what else i can say that has not been said already.

my prayers to his family.  

i hope his son enjoys his "new" M1A that has recently arrived.  i would like to extend an invitation for his son to come on back to arfcom when his is ready and say hi.  i am sure we can get some people together to take him to the range and get him acquainted with his rifle.  an "arfcom family" shooting day.  maybe some hunting too......

God Bless you all.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the update Lug1.

More prayers sent from Germany to Jeff & family back home in Texas.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Bounce from page 2
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Thread that goes bump in the night.

*Bump*
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Prayers from here.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#31]
bump
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#32]
More prayers inbound.  

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:23:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RamblinWreck] [#33]
Best wishes and vibes outbound from Georgia tonight. I will be off hunting with no internet for 3 days, and not being able to follow this thread is my only regret. I'll be thinking of you all. Stay positive; I will, too.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RamblinWreck:
Best wishes and vibes outbound from Georgia tonight. I will be off hunting with no internet for 3 days, and not being able to follow this thread is my only regret. I'll be thinking of you all. Stay positive; I will, too.
View Quote

Take your camera, so you can show Jeff what you got. (Even if it is chiggers, frostbite and gorgeous vista's.)
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#35]
hope all gets better jeff. i'm pulling for you dude, really i am.

it's awesome to see all the swag arfcom is pushing out.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#36]
This man is an inspiration. I wish I lived close enough to be blessed by being in his presence.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#38]
So much has already been said so well.  
ARFCOM is such an amazing place

Take a steady strain on it, Jeff!
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#39]
bump
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Fuck cancer.  We must find a cure for this shit.  Don't give in, Jeff; keep fighting.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Good luck to you and your family.

I pray for your recovery.

Have faith, love family, enjoy life.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Prayers are constant from my family to yours.

Keep up your strength, verbally keep telling Jeff to do the same.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Jeff,

Thanks for making your original post.  Without that many of us would have gone through our days just like we always had. You have touched so many lives and allowed numerous cranky ARF.COMER's to show a softer side and their faith.  This really is a pretty amazing community.  I hope that you rest well tonight knowing that we are still thinking of you and your family.  Thank you, and may God Bless.   Jeff
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:34:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Tango-22:

Fluffy,
     I believe this happens on a daily basis and you have hit the nail on the head. The Lord works in mysterious ways and I feel like He always uses people according to His will, no matter how hard it is to understand. We, as humans, are very impatient. We want answers, and we want answers now. We don't always see the reasons why God does something, and there is no guarantee that we ever will during our Earthly life. Small things happen daily that put us in different places at different times or maybe meeting new people in new places and we never even question. When it comes to losing life though, we are very quick to scream "why", or turn our back to God, as we are mumbling about "why he took this life so soon", or "why did this happened to such a good person". I think this plays out most of the time with the death or sickness of young children. I have seen the death of a child turn many, many people to The Lord. Do I believe this is he only reason God takes a life early? No. Is this the only reason people are sick? No. I'm no Bible scholar and don't claim to be. I just saying you are spot on about God sending Jeff here for a reason. Something made him pick up his tablet and post that night. Something made him share his story, and talk about his faith. I think we know what that something is. He has touched many people with his sickness. He has made many fathers and mothers spend that afternoon with their children, instead of laying around on the laptop or working late. He has made people look for God. He has brought Cristians like myself a little closer to God. He has touched thousands and thousands of unspoken people who just come here daily to read, that never post. He has, and continues to put up a good fight while this thread grows and touches more and more people every day.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tango-22:

Fluffy,

Amen to this.  The Lord God is working in this thread.  Jeff's struggle has brought together people from all walks of life, all around this world.  His hopes, his fears, his faith, and his love for his family have resonated deeply with all of us.  He has touched a part of our humanity that is all too often overlooked or neglected in our daily lives.  Jeff, Neta, you and your family are not alone.  You now have an entire Arfcom army standing by your side, ready and willing to help, each in his or her own way.  You need only ask and someone, somewhere, will be there to provide.  We are here for you and will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.  Goodnight and God Bless.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I was 8 when mom said dad had less than a year to live. I had my hand  over his heart when it beat for the last time  when I was 25.[1986]
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Hold strong jeff.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Bump and God Speed.

Joe
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 1911SFOREVER:
So much has already been said so well.  
ARFCOM is such an amazing place

Take a steady strain on it, Jeff!
View Quote

you said everything I could and better,,,,,,
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Back to the top, keep fighting Jeff!!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#50]
More prayers out . . .

Page / 208
REST IN PEACE (Page 112 of 208)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top