User Panel

REST IN PEACE (Page 113 of 208)
Page / 208
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump with prayers sent!
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump to the top and renewed thoughts and prayers.

My mother got lung cancer and the docs gave her 6 months...she made it three years.  You can beat this.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Jeff and Reta, You are the two most wonderful people I have ever heard of and read so much about. Jeff is such a strong guy and he is a warrior in my book. Reta you are a great person and a great wife and in my eyes most of us should aspire to have such a great relationship, friendship, and eternal bond like you both have. Jeff I have never kept anyone in my thoughts and prayers like I have since I first read about you and your story. My main regret is that I could not have come on that very first day I read about you Jeff and been one of the ARFCOMMERS that was by your side. My wife knows that if I could have jumped a flight and came I would have. Jeff, Reta, I am pulling for both of you and though I am not a believer, I firmly believe that prayers help and that sometimes wonderful things can happen if enough of us care enough and try enough if it is meant to be. I may not have all the right words here but hey are my words and I am praying for both of you for Jeff to get better and be able to be with his family. It sure is dusty in here.......
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:38:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JunkyardLily] [#4]
Another GLP board member here, along with Philligan, who has come by to offer my prayers and support.  I have been reading the updates on Jeff's condition through the site here, thank you for keeping us all updated, out here in cyberspace.  He is very much cared for, and missed.  I wanted to post my thanks for the updates, and also voice that you guys and gals are an amazing bunch of people.  The outpouring of love and support for Jeffry, Reta, and their family is inspiring and beautiful.

Jeffry, Reta, and family, you're all in our thoughts and prayers.  Jeffry's thread where we have been checking in on him and his condition is currently pinned on the first page of the forum.  

God bless you all, and God bless Jeff and his family.

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#5]
During this time it seems as words are not enough...therefore we pray, we pray hard, and we pray often.

A few years ago my brother Jeff was diagnosed with stage v cancer in his mouth and throat. He spent a month at MUSC and battled many infections. His surgery to remove the tumor was over 18 hours and the longest surgery ever performed at this hospital. He survived merely by prayers and the support of my family. His doctors said that the support of his family kept my brother alive. If this is true then just imagine what the love, prayers, and support of this Arfcom can do for your Jeff.

During this time my mom found out she had lung cancer. It eventually spread to her back and her brain. She endured months of chemo and radiation. During this time I can say she truly lived.

She lived more during that year than she had her whole life. She lived for the moment. We never made plans for the future or even the next day..we set goals to work towards and she took it one day at a time. The doctors gave her less than a year. My mom lost her battle here on Earth but her reward was far greater than I can ever imagine. I can't tell you how many times she was in the hospital with little to no hope of leaving..and every time my dad rolled her out of that hospital in better condition than she arrived. She would always tell me that this too shall pass.

Keep your faith and trust in God. As hard as it may be know that God is in control. Prayers for all..
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Top of my prayers Jeff and bump to fend off rush hour on GD.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Still praying for you and Reta Jeff. Keep up the good fight.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Criddle:

During this time it seems as words are not enough...therefore we pray, we pray hard, and we pray often.

A few years ago my brother Jeff was diagnosed with stage v cancer in his mouth and throat. He spent a month at MUSC and battled many infections. His surgery to remove the tumor was over 18 hours and the longest surgery ever performed at this hospital. He survived merely by prayers and the support of my family. His doctors said that the support of his family kept my brother alive. If this is true then just imagine what the love, prayers, and support of this Arfcom can do for your Jeff.

During this time my mom found out she had lung cancer. It eventually spread to her back and her brain. She endured months of chemo and radiation. During this time I can say she truly lived.

She lived more during that year than she had her whole life. She lived for the moment. We never made plans for the future or even the next day..we set goals to work towards and she took it one day at a time. The doctors gave her less than a year. My mom lost her battle here on Earth but her reward was far greater than I can ever imagine. I can't tell you how many times she was in the hospital with little to no hope of leaving..and every time my dad rolled her out of that hospital in better condition than she arrived. She would always tell me that this too shall pass.

Keep your faith and trust in God. As hard as it may be know that God is in control. Prayers for all..
View Quote

During this same period of what was going on with my wife's family above, my dad was fighting an infection in his body and my uncle was diagnosed with the same type of cancer as my mother in law.  He didn't fight it and was gone before our daughter was born.  I got to spend a lot of time with my uncle in the months my dad was in the hospital 70 miles away.  My uncle rode with me and Criddle down there and shared stories I had never heard.  We got to be pretty close.  I remember William saying that he was glad to spend time with Criddle and that she was his favorite niece  I wish he lived long enough to meet our daughter Alice.  I'm very happy that Criddle's mom got that opportunity.

Keep fighting Jeff.

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Jeff,
The photo looks rough but you are still in the fight brother.

We are here with you and our prayers are flowing non-stop.

Keep up the fight!

Reta, Travis, family & friends of Jeff,

While I hope and pray every day that I never find myself dealing with a situation like you all are dealing with.....The grace, compassion, courage and support you have all shown for Jeff should be looked to as an example for any one else who may have to deal with something like this in the future.

My prayers are also with all of you.

Wes
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Jeff and family, I hope you are all staying strong right now.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 6731HBAR:
Jeff,

Thanks for making your original post.  Without that many of us would have gone through our days just like we always had. You have touched so many lives and allowed numerous cranky ARF.COMER's to show a softer side and their faith.  This really is a pretty amazing community.  I hope that you rest well tonight knowing that we are still thinking of you and your family.  Thank you, and may God Bless.   Jeff
View Quote

This is so true .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 9:32:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I stepped away for a few days, and just saw the latest update.  I'm praying hard right now....
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 9:41:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-CQBR] [#14]
Originally Posted By BayEagle:
Compassionate and loving God, among your many gifts, one most cherished is the love of family.

I ask, now, that you be particularly mindful of Jeff's family; hold each of them in your loving hands and care for them.

Give them courage and patience, hope and optimism; relieve their fears and anxieties.

During this difficult time, let your love sustain them, and their love for one another be a support and consolation.

Amen
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Compassionate and loving God, among your many gifts, one most cherished is the love of family.

I ask, now, that you be particularly mindful of Jeff's family; hold each of them in your loving hands and care for them.

Give them courage and patience, hope and optimism; relieve their fears and anxieties.

During this difficult time, let your love sustain them, and their love for one another be a support and consolation.

Amen

Amen

Amen-

Thank you for sharing. Jeff will like this a lot.
Jeff we love you and are sending beams of healing light & love to you- Creator is with you as he is with all. You continue to remain in our daily meditations & prayers. Two-Feathers sends his light. Wise-Crow prays and works on you from distance with her pranic healing. For those of you that don't know, i can share a little about it. Also know that Archangels Michael and Gabriel give their love & light for this energy work, while fighting for Jeff, even all of us. Pranic Healing is a highly evolved and tested system of energy medicine developed by GrandMaster Choa Kok Sui that utilizes prana to balance, harmonize and transform the body's energy processes. Prana is a Sanskrit word that means life-force. This invisible bio-energy or vital energy keeps the body alive and maintains a state of good health. In acupuncture, the Chinese refer to this subtle energy as Chi. It is also called Ruach or the Breath of Life in Hebrew. I have witnessed and experienced amazing things through pranic healing... You are not alone brother.  Doug - GrayCloud
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Mods I have never asked for anything. I don't post much, but I follow this site every day. Can we post this so we don't have to bump so much. This has affected a lot of people on this site.

Joe
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I meant tack. Sorry.

Joe

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By GEORGEDICKEL:
Mods I have never asked for anything. I don't post much, but I follow this site every day. Can we post this so we don't have to bump so much. This has affected a lot of people on this site.

Joe
View Quote

I'll 2nd the motion...
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Night Jeff.  

Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Dredd308:
http://www.gofundme.com/4zxjjk
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Renata:

We are praying for you both.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Renata:

We are praying for you both.

just reposting the links with my bedtime prayers,
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I meant tack. Sorry.

Joe

View Quote

It's been mentioned before - people tend to overlook the sticky/tacky threads. We've got a blue bar - it's up to us to keep it going.
And we will.

Cancer recovery is a marathon, not a sprint. Folks will eventually start moving on to other threads.
However, we need reminders of what really matters in life. Facing our mortality, or watch a friend face it - that should make us wake up, just a little.

Reta mentioned medical directives. How many of us have those in place? Have a will? Have a plan for how our loved ones will carry on?
"I sent you 2 boats & a helicopter!" Is this your "boat"? Your notice to think about where you stand? Contemplate, reflect, and resolve to do better.

Keep the faith, Jeff. You've touched more than you know. Looking forward to your responses!
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By Mak_380:
It's been mentioned before - people tend to overlook the sticky/tacky threads. We've got a blue bar - it's up to us to keep it going.

And we will.

Cancer recovery is a marathon, not a sprint. Folks will eventually start moving on to other threads.

However, we need reminders of what really matters in life. Facing our mortality, or watch a friend face it - that should make us wake up, just a little.

Reta mentioned medical directives. How many of us have those in place? Have a will? Have a plan for how our loved ones will carry on?

"I sent you 2 boats & a helicopter!" Is this your "boat"? Your notice to think about where you stand? Contemplate, reflect, and resolve to do better.

Keep the faith, Jeff. You've touched more than you know. Looking forward to your responses!
View All Quotes

I meant tack. Sorry.

Joe

And we will.

Bump.

Keep fighting Jeff.  We need more people like you around here!

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Rita, stay strong you are a rock for Jeff I pray for you're strength.
Jeff I pray for your recovery and that you keep your chin up.
I often check in on this thread and I was saddened by Jeff's current condition. I pray for your  family Jeff and godspeed my friend.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Just wanted to offer a bump to the thread and a prayer to both Jeff and Reta.
Positive vibes and heartfelt thoughts headed your way
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By M4-CQBR:

I'll 2nd the motion...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4-CQBR:

Joe

I'll 2nd the motion...

+1
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow. Got mighty dusty in my room here.
Well said.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Hope everything is going better for you and yours.
Y'all are in our thoughts and prayers.

-Lee
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Jeff and Reta:
Tonight my GF and I said a small prayer, and I know Jesus heard it, listened to it, and is responding to each of us.

I hope for the best here.  I want to have a range day with Jeff and see him hit some 800yd plates
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Jeff,

Still praying for you brother. Keep fighting.

Lonnie Spann
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#30]

And we will.

View All Quotes
I meant tack. Sorry.

Joe

And we will.

I understand your comment. This thread is different.  It is unlike anything I have ever seen in GD. Many folks here have had their lives changed. This is not normal. It is special. It needs to be treated as special. It has changed my life as I think it has changed many others. Can you show me a post that has so much effect on so many in so short a time with so much emotion?

Joe
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Rest easy tonight, my new old friend.

And to those on this site, you are some pretty neat people.

Prayers your way Reta and Jeff.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#33]

One of the most special pictures I have is one of Jesus with a halo I need to scan it. This picture is close.

Joe
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Goodnight, Bud!
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 11:18:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Ran across this today and thought of this thread....

Keep the faith Jeff, you and your family have taught us much in the past few days...

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Prayers.  Thoughts. Good energy.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 11:22:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Prayers
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 11:26:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RT-Texas] [#38]
Prayers at bedtime for Jeff and Reta.

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray thee Lord my soul to keep.
And if I die before I wake
I pray thee Lord my soul to take.

Amen.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#39]
prayers sent....
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 11:40:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Bump
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By RT-Texas:
Prayers at bedtime for Jeff and Reta.

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray thee Lord my soul to keep.
And if I die before I wake
I pray thee Lord my soul to take.

Amen.
View Quote

AMEN
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 11:44:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Jeff and Reta,

I'm praying for you and you family. I haven't prayed in years. Jeff's attitude and faith from the creation of this thread has made me rethink why I lost my faith.

-Jordan
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 11:54:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Bump
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#44]
I was asked to email the mods. I don t no how too..I am asking to tack this thread  that is all.

Joe
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 12:12:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Just got back in town and settled in enough to open arfcom for a couple days.

Best hopes and wishes from my family to you yours.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 12:19:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on this man. Bless him and his family as he has blessed me from reading of his courage and faith.
Amen
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 12:26:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Jeff, I'm not really sure what I could say that hasn't already been said, and I'm sure someone else would say it better anyway.  I've donated what I could, wish it could be more.  I was turned down by Be the Match due to the meds I take, but because of this thread, I tried.  All I can offer you and your family are my prayers.  Stay strong Jeff, and get well.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#49]
The wife and I have gone down on bended knees at our bedside every night since this post appeared.

We mention Jeff when we pray before our meals.

Today, our son Elijah echoed us and said, "peas Jesus save Jaf. Oh man. (Amen)" Then he asked us if he could send Jeff a new toy to play with in the hospital.

Out of the mouths of babes and into God's ear I pray.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 12:54:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Just got home from a long drive.  I started in Indiana and ended in Yardley, PA.  Had lots of time to think about and pray for you Jeff.  God bless you and your family.
Page / 208
REST IN PEACE (Page 113 of 208)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top