BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 236
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigeasySnow:

I think it is possible for her not to know, and even if she suspects hes FOS, she wants to believe too much and is in denial. She's probably really freaked out right now and so is even less likely to have "a moment of clarity".

I'm sure you're different, and that's saner, healthier and simply more mature. But rationalization and denial are really common and she's got a lot of reasons to be defensive right now. She's a dumb kid following a manipulator she loves and depends on. I think we could give her a break and focus on Cory.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By redseven11b:

I've gotta white knight Erika too. She's got to defend her man, and the father of her child.  She's only getting the story from his side and doesn't have the sophistication to see through his bullshit. It's his buddies' job to straighten him out, it's hers to just stick by him.

And it's important to remember that the troll isn't her, and to not let aggression riled up by character it was playing splash over onto Erika.

Stick by your man/woman, sure.  But I find it impossible for her not to know he's bullshitting everyone,  her included.  She more than likely has known for some time.

But ask yourself this. Why stand by him when hes clearly lied to you for years, embarrassed you in front of possibly millions for believing an obvious liar, is a clear coward and disgrace to his country and industry,  and more than likely destroyed their business due to his lies.

Maybe im different,  but I wouldn't stand behind that shit.  Id make him stand in front of it and man up.

I think it is possible for her not to know, and even if she suspects hes FOS, she wants to believe too much and is in denial. She's probably really freaked out right now and so is even less likely to have "a moment of clarity".

I'm sure you're different, and that's saner, healthier and simply more mature. But rationalization and denial are really common and she's got a lot of reasons to be defensive right now. She's a dumb kid following a manipulator she loves and depends on. I think we could give her a break and focus on Cory.

I can see your POV.  There's no doubt she's scared shitless about their business more than likely being destroyed.  My anger is 90% with Cory.  The other 10% is with her because I think she knows.  That's just my hunch and opinion.  But my majority of anger is with the proven liar and coward and has been directed to him accordingly.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By fombyjambox:

If? Have you even read this thread?  
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By glockO:

'Leg Humper'?

These people are irrelevant...They are YouTube Personalities.

Big Boy rules are in play, but that doesn't mean WE need to lower OUR personal standards to make an Irrelevant Point with personal attacks.

What does insulting a woman accomplish?

They will go away if they are proven to be frauds, I guarantee they have more followers now after these posts; Opposite of what most here want to see happen.

Karma's a B!tch

WE have only been presented with one side of the story.

WE need to hear the other side & then somewhere in between the truth might be understood.

He's the only one that needs to explain himself, not his family.

That's all...

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Under what authority enables you to judge?
You have a right to an opinion, as WE all do...That's about the only 'Fact' WE have in common.
The Internet has been known to misrepresent those 'Simple Fact' you speak of.
At least, WE could wait for a response to all of this from those directly involved.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:
Originally Posted By ar15bubba:
What is more disgusting?:  

A)a guy lying about military service

B)or those that feel free to talk about someone's wife and new mother like this?

both moral bankruptcy

Christ on a fucking cracker. First off, she's nobodies wife. Dude has been getting the milk for free, without having bought the fucking cow. So, if you're going to get high-and-mighty, in order to chastise people, smarten the fuck up and learn some simple facts. Secondly, the fact that she's banging a douchebag liar and popped out a fucking ankle-biter doesn't exempt her from people talking shit about her, especially given that the evidence leads people to believe that she knew full well that he is a lying sack of crap, and that she's a beggar who is willing to use her sexuality as a source of income.

Were she an unmarried stripper at the Bada Bing, who stood on the corner and asked for money, would you rush to her defense when people made comments about her balloon knot or her propensity for swallowing lies and man juice?
You have a right to an opinion, as WE all do...That's about the only 'Fact' WE have in common.
At least, WE could wait for a response to all of this from those directly involved.

My balls.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By killingmachine123:
Look if anyone in this thread is in a position to white knight Erica it's me. I almost scored a date with her a couple of pages back before you guys ruined it for me. I'm not offended by calling her out too. Carry on.
View Quote

She asked me for dick pics
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

I've gotta white knight Erika too. She's got to defend her man, and the father of her child.  She's only getting the story from his side and doesn't have the sophistication to see through his bullshit. It's his buddies' job to straighten him out, it's hers to just stick by him.

And it's important to remember that the troll isn't her, and to not let aggression riled up by character it was playing splash over onto Erika.

Stick by your man/woman, sure.  But I find it impossible for her not to know he's bullshitting everyone,  her included.  She more than likely has known for some time.

But ask yourself this. Why stand by him when hes clearly lied to you for years, embarrassed you in front of possibly millions for believing an obvious liar, is a clear coward and disgrace to his country and industry,  and more than likely destroyed their business due to his lies.

Maybe im different,  but I wouldn't stand behind that shit.  Id make him stand in front of it and man up.

She knows.  She interviewed Cory on the video where Cory says that he went through Basic, was in his unit for a year, and then discharged due to a medical condition.  She asked the question and he answered to her.  

The actual truth appears to be that Cory went AWOL after 13 days in reception, was picked up for desertion and given a general discharge with an N4 retention code about a year later.   There is plenty of evidence to support that conclusion and you don't need more than five minutes to evaluate it since it is in a handy pictorial format (and frequently posted right alongside the video).
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#6]
WE need to hear the other side & then somewhere in between the truth might be understood.
That's all...

View All Quotes
'Leg Humper'?
Big Boy rules are in play, but that doesn't mean WE need to lower OUR personal standards to make an Irrelevant Point with personal attacks.
They will go away if they are proven to be frauds, I guarantee they have more followers now after these posts; Opposite of what most here want to see happen.

Karma's a B!tch

That's all...

Ok

Yourself or someone participating in this thread who uses Facebook, contact Corey and or Erika and invite them into this thread.

He can post a pic of him with some sort of sign to prove it's him and he can defend himself in this very thread.

Although I have no doubt he lurks here anyway.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#7]
That's all...

View All Quotes
'Leg Humper'?

Karma's a B!tch

That's all...

You wont get the other side of the story, they're in bunker mode and ignoring everything.  Why do we need their side anyways? The proof has been posted numerous times and they're clearly lying.  That's the proof.  If your lady was taped fucking your best friend would you need her side of the story?  Jesus man, you haven't read shit from this thread have you?

Let me make this clear.

THEY WONT GIVE THEIR SIDE OF THE STORY BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN CAUGHT LYING TO EVERYBODY AND THEY CANT SPIN THIS LIE ANYMORE.  THEY ARE HOPING IT BLOWS OVER.

Understand now?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By hauslp:

My balls.
View All Quotes

B)or those that feel free to talk about someone's wife and new mother like this?

both moral bankruptcy

Christ on a fucking cracker. First off, she's nobodies wife. Dude has been getting the milk for free, without having bought the fucking cow. So, if you're going to get high-and-mighty, in order to chastise people, smarten the fuck up and learn some simple facts. Secondly, the fact that she's banging a douchebag liar and popped out a fucking ankle-biter doesn't exempt her from people talking shit about her, especially given that the evidence leads people to believe that she knew full well that he is a lying sack of crap, and that she's a beggar who is willing to use her sexuality as a source of income.

Were she an unmarried stripper at the Bada Bing, who stood on the corner and asked for money, would you rush to her defense when people made comments about her balloon knot or her propensity for swallowing lies and man juice?

My balls.
I'm glad the Internet allows you the opportunity to prove your 'Manhood'...

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

both moral bankruptcy

My balls.

Hells yeah
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#10]
56 pages and no lock. Not bad GD.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ScottS:

Wait...we're just going to let that go?
View All Quotes

GD just ain't what it once was...
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:26:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#12]

View Quote
This. I don't know why folks are on her shit. She isn't the one who claimed 11B

PS Erika if you are reading this, please send me leg pics to "hump"
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#13]

That's all...

View All Quotes

'Leg Humper'?

Karma's a B!tch

That's all...

I pretty much agreed with you until I saw Erika's long post (Facebook, I think) denying that Cory had every claimed military service. Of course, that completely contradicts the 'interview' video that SHE was a part of where Cory DOES lay out the entire lie about his mil background. In other words, she's only reaping what they BOTH sewed.

I should point out, however, owning up to the entire charade would go a long way with a lot of people (not all, I know) including me. People make mistakes. Not owning up to stupid behavior when you're caught red handed is one of more common/damaging ones as we're seeing in this case....

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RAINBOW6] [#14]

Welp, I guess that's his apology!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:

is that recent?

Welp, I guess that's his apology!

I would guess they are aware of it, but has anyone from arfcom attempted to invite them into this thread to explain or defend etc.... their side of the story?  

How far would it count in their favor if they came clean about the whole matter as far as the shooting/training industry?

ETA: just saw an above post about them being in bunker mode. Guess that explains why they would not show up here.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#15]
This thread just keeps giving and giving.

So who is the new troll today?

Has globalnamad returned?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By glockO:]
If you have a problem with this Guy, call their number, send an email & respectfully ask for his explanation.
Why personally attack a woman? A Family?

View Quote

Because this is an internet discussion forum where things are discussed.

Sorry that concept is so tricky for you. Stick to the easier ones like "don't put your rod in a light socket" or "don't eat the big white mint" when at the urinal.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Indeed. It's disgusting.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#18]
As much as losing a "range" (using air quotes because it looks like it was never a real range, just one he sit up on his uncle's farm) sucks, the zoning issue they're facing right now gives them an out.  Cory can go back to the Jiffy Lube or Tattoo shop and Erika can go back to waiting tables and no one will fault them because they lost their "business" due to change in zoning.  They can quit now before their supports like Yeager and John Willis just provide more publicity to the Stolen Valor claims.  

He can quietly fade away - and no one will notice the stenciled beard of the guy changing their oil
or he can come clean ask for forgiveness, volunteer at a VA clinic or something and save money for property that is actually zoned for what he wants to do
or he can keep up the lie

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
This. I don't know why folks are on her shit. She isnt the one who claimed 11B  
View All Quotes

Because many people, myself included, believe she went along with the lie so they could be seen as more credible trainers.  Being Infantry makes you a better trainer I suppose.  I personally knew a few infantry guys when I was in who were functionally illiterate, haha!  But many believe she went along with his bullshit for financial gain.

The truth is out there that he's a deserter.  No doubt about it.  She's now claiming he never said he was military, yet did a sit down videos and talked to him about how devastated he was when he was medically discharged.  Being in the military is one of the biggest events in a persons life.  It's typically something that's talked about with loved ones on a regular basis.  My wife knows a whole lot about my Army time, and it's impossible to believe Erika didn't know he was in the Army which makes her bullshit comment about him never saying he was in the Army that much more ridiculous.  She knows, we know, the internet will know, everyone will know.  Time to come clean, but they've dug a pretty big hole.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#20]

is that recent?
View All Quotes

is that recent?
Says it's from 1 week ago.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#21]

You wont get the other side of the story, they're in bunker mode and ignoring everything.  Why do we need their side anyways? The proof has been posted numerous times and they're clearly lying.  That's the proof.  If your lady was taped fucking your best friend would you need her side of the story?  Jesus man, you haven't read shit from this thread have you?

Let me make this clear.

THEY WONT GIVE THEIR SIDE OF THE STORY BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN CAUGHT LYING TO EVERYBODY AND THEY CANT SPIN THIS LIE ANYMORE.  THEY ARE HOPING IT BLOWS OVER.

Understand now?
View All Quotes

That's all...

Let me make this clear.

Understand now?
You are assuming to much about what I've read & what I choose to understand.

What caused this to come out at this time?

Why didn't this come out long before?

Who has authenticated the documents being used?

How were they obtained?

I'm more concerned about how quickly & easily people rush to judge...Human-nature, I guess.

So, what does it say about US 'laughing' about death threats & personally attacking a woman, seriously?

I wouldn't care about explaining myself after my family has been threatened, no one would.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:

She knows.  She interviewed Cory on the video where Cory says that he went through Basic, was in his unit for a year, and then discharged due to a medical condition.  She asked the question and he answered to her.  

The actual truth appears to be that Cory went AWOL after 13 days in reception, was picked up for desertion and given a general discharge with an N4 retention code about a year later.   There is plenty of evidence to support that conclusion and you don't need more than five minutes to evaluate it since it is in a handy pictorial format (and frequently posted right alongside the video).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:

I don't know how much she clicks on and how much she just puts her fingers in her ears and goes "la la la" to avoid having to confront her man. I don't expect her to try to go out and get information, I expect her to just listen to Cory. I'm judging her by a low standard, set by other little girls on the internet, I suppose. The rationalization and denial really speak to a lack of character, but it's just so common.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#23]
How were they obtained?

I'm more concerned about how quickly & easily people rush to judge...Human-nature, I guess.
So, what does it say about US 'laughing' about death threats & personally attacking a woman, seriously?
I wouldn't care about explaining myself after my family has been threatened, no one would.

View All Quotes
That's all...

Let me make this clear.

Understand now?
How were they obtained?

Alleged threats to him and his family.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:39:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bedouin2W] [#24]
How were they obtained?

View Quote

No one is laughing about the alleged death threats, they are questioning if those threats actually exist.  Cory's reputation brings this into question.  The fact that the only two people who have publicly defended him don't have exactly stellar reputations when it comes to integrity basically said "I don't give a shit if he's a liar, they pushed business my way." doesn't help either.  If they can tell someone about the alleged death threats then he can issue a statement about his lack of military service.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By Ltlabner:

Sorry that concept is so tricky for you. Stick to the easier ones like "don't put your rod in a light socket" or "don't eat the big white mint" when at the urinal.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ltlabner:

Originally Posted By glockO:]

If you have a problem with this Guy, call their number, send an email & respectfully ask for his explanation.

I get the discussion thing...I just don't understand how mean-spirited & the viciousness posted by some.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#26]

How were they obtained?

View Quote
I have only seen condemnation of the alleged death threats?

I don't particularly care for all the derogatory stuff being thrown at Erika, but 1st Amendment and all that...

I don't give a rip if she's being called out along with Cory for being a liar, however, as it's clear she's complicit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#27]
How were they obtained?

View All Quotes
That's all...

Let me make this clear.

Understand now?
How were they obtained?

Please quote these "death threats".

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Why has there been no communication of any kind posted by Cory anywhere on this? Hiding from the storm isn't going to make it stop raining son. Cory, for your family start being a man of integrity and address this thing head on, admit your mistakes, apologize to the Veterans of this country, and move forward.

It really is that simple.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Mr_Smiley:
I'm gonna own page 100 and none of you motherfucks can stop me.
View Quote

Okie-Dokie
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Life's best learned lessons are not pleasantly taught.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#31]
How were they obtained?

View All Quotes
That's all...

Let me make this clear.

Understand now?
How were they obtained?

I'm assuming you're a fan of theirs and are broken hearted they're being called out for their shit.
I'm assuming you are fine with stolen valor assholes making a profit off their lies.
I'm assuming you've not read 55+ pages of this thread where multiple documents have been posted that show Cory lied about being 11b, and is thus a stolen valor cunt.
I'm assuming you think this is some court of law where a lawyer will come up and defend Cory and a jury of his peers will say guilty or not.  This is GD for Christ's sake.
I'm assuming you believe most people are laughing about death threats, when no one is saying, "I think that's a fair thing to do!"
I'm assuming you believe what a proven liar says and that Cory and Erika are really being threatened.
I'm assuming you really are in the wrong place and you're a white knight who plans to cleanse the dark recesses of ar15.com GENERAL DISCUSSION

I'm also assuming you were the troll Theglobalnomad and therealamerican simply because your description above your post count says A REAL American genius!

WE HAVE OUR TROLL!!!! (That part was a joke btw)
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By Dana1972:

Why has there been no communication of any kind posted by Cory anywhere on this? Hiding from the storm isn't going to make it stop raining son. Cory, for your family start being a man of integrity and address this thing head on, admit your mistakes, apologize to the Veterans of this country, and move forward.

View Quote

Agree, but it appears that manning up and doing the right (difficult) thing is too much for him.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Because many people, myself included, believe she went along with the lie so they could be seen as more credible trainers.  Being Infantry makes you a better trainer I suppose.  I personally knew a few infantry guys when I was in who were functionally illiterate, haha!  But many believe she went along with his bullshit for financial gain.

The truth is out there that he's a deserter.  No doubt about it.  She's now claiming he never said he was military, yet did a sit down videos and talked to him about how devastated he was when he was medically discharged.  Being in the military is one of the biggest events in a persons life.  It's typically something that's talked about with loved ones on a regular basis.  My wife knows a whole lot about my Army time, and it's impossible to believe Erika didn't know he was in the Army which makes her bullshit comment about him never saying he was in the Army that much more ridiculous.  She knows, we know, the internet will know, everyone will know.  Time to come clean, but they've dug a pretty big hole.
View All Quotes

Yeah, she's fucking retarded. I wonder if she consciously knows she's lying or if she's rewriting her memories of interviewing him. I think I see more of the latter than the former in life.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

That's all...

Let me make this clear.

Understand now?

How were they obtained?

Touche...Valid Point, but after reading some of the posts, it seems people are 'hoping' this guy kills himself over this; Simply going away won't be enough.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Thread getting gayer and gayer by the page.

Needs more TheGlobalNomad/RealAmerican.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

He's been active on the twitter.  Link
Has deleted everything on their Instagram Link
And they continue to delete comments asking him about it on Facebook Link
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By WinstonSmith:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WinstonSmith:

I don't really believe in life teaching lessons. People who want to grow up and develop their integrity and character reach for it. For other people, no amount of life kicking the shit out of them will help them want to grow.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Yeah, she's fucking retarded. I wonder if she consciously knows she's lying or if she's rewriting her memories of interviewing him. I think I see more of the latter than the former in life.

View All Quotes

I've seen, and probably many others as well, people believe a lie so much that it becomes true.  For whatever reason they just believe it.  

My own fucking brother believed he had a purple heart coming because a medic talked to him about him MAYBE being eligible for a purple heart.  His leadership squashed that shit fast, but he's such a delusional asshole that he's spun this lie for so long that he truly, to his bones, believes he HAS a purple heart and is fine with telling people that lie.  Needless to say we are not talking to each other and I think he's scum.

But people are weak in many ways and I would bet she believed this lie for a long time even though shit didn't add up.  Hopefully now being older and having a child has made her wise up to the fact her baby daddy is a stone cold liar, and she believed that shit.  Tough lessons are tough.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Touche...Valid Point, but after reading some of the posts, it seems people are 'hoping' this guy kills himself over this; Simply going away won't be enough.    
View All Quotes
That's all...

Let me make this clear.

Understand now?
How were they obtained?

The vast majority want an admission of lies, and are pissed that he and his cronies are still obfuscating, despite damning evidence.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#40]
This thread has cost me several hours of billable time, two keyboards and 1.5 pairs of shorts.  I fucking love this place.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Bedouin2W:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bedouin2W:

Yes he seems to be taking the hide till it blows over approach. Not good in that the internet is forever and Veterans don't quit. He could have already squashed this mess by owning it and saving his family the continued embarrassment.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#42]

I'm assuming you're a fan of theirs and are broken hearted they're being called out for their shit.

I subscribed around page 20, I think, after this thread started.

I'm assuming you are fine with stolen valor assholes making a profit off their lies.

I've never served in the military, so I have no problem with Vets protecting the Valor they only understand.

I'm assuming you've not read 55+ pages of this thread where multiple documents have been posted that show Cory lied about being 11b, and is thus a stolen valor cunt.

I've read enough to understand the gist of things, but I'm not trying to 'defend' him...I think they are Irrelevant, especially their opinions.

I'm assuming you think this is some court of law where a lawyer will come up and defend Cory and a jury of his peers will say guilty or not.  This is GD for Christ's sake.

Valid Point...I'm wishing this energy would be spent on removing OUR Political Pimps, Traitors to OUR Constitution.

I'm assuming you believe most people are laughing about death threats, when no one is saying, "I think that's a fair thing to do!"

Some posts are a little ridiculous...

I'm assuming you believe what a proven liar says and that Cory and Erika are really being threatened.

WE have proven Liars running this Country & can't get 50+ pages filled this kind of 'Passion'

I'm assuming you really are in the wrong place and you're a white knight who plans to cleanse the dark recesses of ar15.com GENERAL DISCUSSION

WE happen bigger fish to fry...this is just another meaningless distraction.

I'm also assuming you were the troll Theglobalnomad and therealamerican simply because your description above your post count says A REAL American genius!

You are just wishing it would be so easy to comprehend my 'Genius'...I understand your 'envy'

There are many, but I'm not the one...

View All Quotes

That's all...

Let me make this clear.

Understand now?

How were they obtained?

I've never served in the military, so I have no problem with Vets protecting the Valor they only understand.

I've read enough to understand the gist of things, but I'm not trying to 'defend' him...I think they are Irrelevant, especially their opinions.

Valid Point...I'm wishing this energy would be spent on removing OUR Political Pimps, Traitors to OUR Constitution.

WE have proven Liars running this Country & can't get 50+ pages filled this kind of 'Passion'

You are just wishing it would be so easy to comprehend my 'Genius'...I understand your 'envy'

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Late to the party I'll be in the corner catching up on 56 pages
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#44]

I've seen, and probably many others as well, people believe a lie so much that it becomes true.  For whatever reason they just believe it.  

My own fucking brother believed he had a purple heart coming because a medic talked to him about him MAYBE being eligible for a purple heart.  His leadership squashed that shit fast, but he's such a delusional asshole that he's spun this lie for so long that he truly, to his bones, believes he HAS a purple heart and is fine with telling people that lie.  Needless to say we are not talking to each other and I think he's scum.

But people are weak in many ways and I would bet she believed this lie for a long time even though shit didn't add up.  Hopefully now being older and having a child has made her wise up to the fact her baby daddy is a stone cold liar, and she believed that shit.  Tough lessons are tough.
View All Quotes

That has to suck. When you do shit like that, you isolate yourself from the very people who encourage you to not do shit like that. It's a vicious circle.

And the internet contributes to it in her case, I'm sure. You can bullshit so effectively online. Especially if you have nice tits and shoot guns.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#45]
yeah
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:04:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bedouin2W] [#46]
Originally Posted By Iowaredneck:
Late to the party I'll be in the corner catching up on 56 pages
View Quote

Once you do, feel free to update this with whatever you want as long as you can find the medals at your local Army-Navy surplus store.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
That's all...

Let me make this clear.

Understand now?
How were they obtained?

This may very well be the most pompous post I've ever read here in GD.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:12:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LRRPF52] [#48]

I spent about 10-11 days at 30th AG because I failed to do the requisite number of push-ups correctly. Back in 89, it was something like 13 push-ups. I did at least that many, but my form sucked and after 10 repetitions, they just send you to FTU (Fitness Training Unit, or Fat Tired and Useless). I was in good shape, as I'd been a competitive swimmer in high school, and walked, ran, or rode a bike wherever I went. At the time, I was 5'9", 129 lbs, and had 11% body fat. I just couldn't do the push-ups the Army way. Unfortunately, once you get in FTU, you're stuck there until another OSUT company was ready to pick up, which was a little over a week for me. In the mean time, we moved to a separate barracks, our diets were strictly controlled, and we went to the gym and did rifle PT, went to the pool for water PT, and did a shit load of push ups and sit ups. When the next company was just about ready to pick up, we were given the push-up test again and those of us who passed were moved back into the regular bay dorm with the guys getting ready to go to OSUT. Trust me, it was no fun being stuck in there simply because my last few push-ups were done incorrectly.
View All Quotes
I'd really like to know why he was at 30th AG for 13 days. I think I was only there for about 4 or 5. I know the fat body's get stuck there until they can pass the intro PT test and I suppose a medical condition could also result in an extended stay. I have a hard time believing he wouldn't have been able to pass the ridiculously easy reception PT test based on his body type though, but who knows...

If only Cory would fill us in on the truth..... I'll keep waiting....

I spent about 10-11 days at 30th AG because I failed to do the requisite number of push-ups correctly. Back in 89, it was something like 13 push-ups. I did at least that many, but my form sucked and after 10 repetitions, they just send you to FTU (Fitness Training Unit, or Fat Tired and Useless). I was in good shape, as I'd been a competitive swimmer in high school, and walked, ran, or rode a bike wherever I went. At the time, I was 5'9", 129 lbs, and had 11% body fat. I just couldn't do the push-ups the Army way. Unfortunately, once you get in FTU, you're stuck there until another OSUT company was ready to pick up, which was a little over a week for me. In the mean time, we moved to a separate barracks, our diets were strictly controlled, and we went to the gym and did rifle PT, went to the pool for water PT, and did a shit load of push ups and sit ups. When the next company was just about ready to pick up, we were given the push-up test again and those of us who passed were moved back into the regular bay dorm with the guys getting ready to go to OSUT. Trust me, it was no fun being stuck in there simply because my last few push-ups were done incorrectly.

Haven't heard FTU since then.  Funny you bring that up.  I recall being at 30th AG for at least a week before going downrange.  They told us that Drill Sergeants weren't allowed to use profanity, that we had to be treated with respect, and everything was going to be gentlemanly. When we rode the cattle trucks down to our training battalions, we soon realized that was all psyops...he he

After the beasting that unassing the cattle trucks was, we sprinted through the colorful expletive-laced air to the formation areas under the newly constructed buildings, and eventually ended up in the barracks, with our TA-50 on the bunks. That was the first thing we assembled (LCE, Kevlar sweatband, rucksack), and I distinctly remember the malodorous stench of untold numbers of prior recruits' head funk permanently embedded into the Kevlar fibers of my PASGT helmet.  Once you pass that milestone, the reality of how your life has changed sets in pretty quick. You aren't in Kansas anymore, and the glossy sheen of the posters at the recruiting station immediately lost their luster.

If you're an 11B, this rite of passage is all familiar to you. To say you're an 11B and not know the K-POT funk...well, you will be discovered soon. To have not low-crawled through the mud and rain at Fort Benning, then put "11B" next to your name....and think we won't notice?

If you claim you're a Master Electrician, other electricians are going to ask where you got your certs.  If you claim PADI licensed diver, people are going to eventually ask where you got your training, especially if you become an instructor. If you can't tell me what color the K-POT funk is at Benning, you aren't an 11B.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
That's all...

Let me make this clear.

Understand now?
How were they obtained?

They are irrelevant, but his claim of being 11b is not.  Too many of us earned that title and are very proud of it to let this pussy go off and claim it as his own.  I do believe some people want this guy, and his family to boot, to suffer because of his shit.  I just want him to come clean.  He can be rich as shit and the most popular guy on earth, it wouldn't bother me as long as he comes clean about his lies.  Us vets can get very passionate of stolen valor because many of our friends died in combat and earned that valor.  They didn't claim shit that wasn't true, so we go after liars voraciously because we saw true sacrifice at its greatest level.
I do believe there are many thing that are more important than Cory and Erika and their shitty youtube videos.  No doubt about that at all.  Our world is getting shittier by the day, our politicians are limp dicked pussies who couldn't wipe their ass without it becoming political, and our country is threatened with internal turmoil the likes of which I've never seen in my 28 years of life.  I agree with you there as well.  
But I want to expend energy to get this guy to admit his lies and then I'll fade back into internet obscurity and leave C&E alone for the rest of my life.  My friends who died in Baghdad, and all the other guys and gals who fought and died for this country, earned that valor and he needs to face the facts that people like me will never stop hounding him until he simply admits his lies and mistakes.  Those who served deserve that.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Caught it but I wisely waited until I got caught up to post.

You, sir, get credit for the catch!
Page / 236
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top