Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Where are the women who belong to the religion of the leather miniskirt?

BRING BACK THE 80s!
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I see Mennonites all the time. I don’t see them wearing denim.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grew up around Mennonites, modern stuff but no luxury items. No denim skirts/dresses that I remember.

Typically they wouldn't, but lately some congregations in the traditional anabaptist-decendent religions have loosened up.  Some Hutterites allow men to wear baseball caps as headcovering.   There are even some Mennonites that have no dress code at all!  Some congregations require men to wear suspenders, but otherwise don't much care what they wear.  It is litterally all over the map.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Holiness/Pentecostal
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#4]
They are many times United Pentecostal Church people. I have friends in it. Great people. But, they see the wearing of pants as wearing mens clothes. The problem is, back in biblical times, they pretty much wore skirts. Secondly, there are no restrictions on men. They are good people and still believe in the basic biblical message of salvation.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Pretty sure that pertains to the roles of men and women. The Baptists took it literally.
View Quote

There's a lot less modesty in many SoBapt churches now.  When Easter/Spring arrive, expect to see the girls and young women to show a lot more skin especially leg.

I don't mind but I don't leer.  I think one of the reasons its so cold in  the sanctuary is that it discourages too much immodesty.  But that's just a hunch.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife is a smoke show, she wears a tight little denim miniskirt around the house pretty often. She never wears panties, ever.

Absolutely LOVE when she bends over a little and I can see them lips poke out just a bit. It has resulted in many impromptu quickies.

Don’t take my denim skirts away.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My wife is a smoke show, she wears a tight little denim miniskirt around the house pretty often. She never wears panties, ever.

Absolutely LOVE when she bends over a little and I can see them lips poke out just a bit. It has resulted in many impromptu quickies.

View Quote

Go on…

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Home schoolers...possibly Mennonite(??)  Church of Christ denomination as well(I used the D word).  They dress pretty conservatively.  Denim skirts, no make up, frumpy looking clothes.  All designed to look unattractive. Its basically the Christian version of the burka, so as to help men not to lust.  To be fair, it works.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:57:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Pentecostal
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Pentecostal as said before. The long hair being already mentioned. And no makeup, and not unpleasant to look at, usually.

Other denominations may be similar. Mennonite, etc
View Quote

I bought some shrubs from a Pentecostal girl a few years ago.  She was surprisingly pleasant to look at.  Unfortunately, within five feet it was apparent that deodorant wasn’t a priority.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Most of the Baptist churchesI know especially ones I know of that home school kids and believe girls should not wear pants wear long skirts. But hey what do I know I grew up I'm Baptist churches and still independent Baptist. Usually the smaller Baptist churches that are strict kjv. I can name a bunch in Fayetteville, spring lake, asheville, sanford,around Campbell University and so on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not any of the 8 billion Baptist churches I’ve seen in NC.  Pretty sure it’s Pentecostal here.  I had a friend growing up that wore the denim skirt but I never asked her the deal on it.  She quit that shit when she got older.

Most of the Baptist churchesI know especially ones I know of that home school kids and believe girls should not wear pants wear long skirts. But hey what do I know I grew up I'm Baptist churches and still independent Baptist. Usually the smaller Baptist churches that are strict kjv. I can name a bunch in Fayetteville, spring lake, asheville, sanford,around Campbell University and so on.

I’m in a more rural county than any of those places mentioned, and not a single Baptist church here has any such requirement for their members.   As was said, however, the few Pentecostal Holiness churches we have absolutely do adhere to that rule.

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's idiotic and not true.

Folks in simple dress are more likely, or at least as likely), to be true preppers.  They also might be Protestant or otherwise Not Catholic.  Or not.  They might be old school hippies from the time when that meant something, not the nonsense tossed around in GD.

Some Baptists dance.  Some don't.  Don't be ignorant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I'm curious as to what religion the "Women of the denim skirt" belong to.  I often see them grocery shopping, usually in pairs and never with a man.  The uniform from the waist down is oddly the same for all:  long denim skirt and sensible tennis shoes.

Baptist. They teach that women aren't supposed to wear the clothes of a man, hence denim skirt instead of jeans.

That's idiotic and not true.

Folks in simple dress are more likely, or at least as likely), to be true preppers.  They also might be Protestant or otherwise Not Catholic.  Or not.  They might be old school hippies from the time when that meant something, not the nonsense tossed around in GD.

Some Baptists dance.  Some don't.  Don't be ignorant.

It’s always amusing to see something universally ascribed to “the Baptists.”  It’s rarely true.

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:03:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I kinda like denim

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pics of your wife not loading.

Rules..........................................
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Down here they are usually Pentecostals.
View Quote

Here in Missouri too.
I went to school with 2 girls that were Pentecostal and have known several others.

Usually nice, but strange.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I’m in a more rural county than any of those places mentioned, and not a single Baptist church here has any such requirement for their members.   As was said, however, the few Pentecostal Holiness churches we have absolutely do adhere to that rule.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not any of the 8 billion Baptist churches I’ve seen in NC.  Pretty sure it’s Pentecostal here.  I had a friend growing up that wore the denim skirt but I never asked her the deal on it.  She quit that shit when she got older.

Do the churches actually say denim is a requirement or just long skirts?  Maybe the denim is due to supply or easier to sew if they make their own skirts?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Home schoolers...possibly Mennonite(??)  Church of Christ denomination as well(I used the D word).  They dress pretty conservatively.  Denim skirts, no make up, frumpy looking clothes.  All designed to look unattractive. Its basically the Christian version of the burka, so as to help men not to lust.  To be fair, it works.
View Quote

Church of Christ can run a pretty broad spectrum. I know of One Cup groups that expect women to wear long hair and long skirts. I know of more liberal groups that would barely bat an eye at a bikini worn on the beach.

I can remember going to church of Christ camp meetings as a kid and some girls would literally be swimming in long dresses and others would be in 2 piece swimsuits. The whole thing really jumped the shark when I showed up one year and some friends told me that I should be wearing a t-shirt while swimming at the river. lol no thanks.

My wife refuses to wear the coC women’s uniform. We’re not part of a particularly strict congregation (strict is relative) so the uniform changes quite a bit. Lately it seems like maxi dresses and long cardigans are what the home school moms roll in. In the past it’s been sweaters and skirts or capris, sundresses with white cardigans, turtlenecks under spaghetti straps; basically anything to take something popular and make it look awkward in the name of modesty.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pentecostal If they have long hair too

eta- beat by 1 second
View Quote

Yup.

My dads side of the family was like that (dad was the black sheep that broke away). No dancing, no drinking, no pants for women and their place was at home in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant, sex was a necessary evil for the purposes of procreation. Basically no fun at all. I always referred to them as the Christian Taliban.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Do the churches actually say denim is a requirement or just long skirts?  Maybe the denim is due to supply or easier to sew if they make their own skirts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t think denim is a requirement so much as it’s an easily sourced fabric that is easy to sew, is inexpensive, and (most importantly, from what I’ve been told) it’s a heavy fabric that won’t accentuate their body and thus inspire men to lust.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I attended a Pentecostal church as a kid, don't remember any ladies wearing denim skirts.  Attended an independent Baptist church with my ex wife, 80% of the women wore denim skirts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not any of the 8 billion Baptist churches I've seen in NC.  Pretty sure it's Pentecostal here.  I had a friend growing up that wore the denim skirt but I never asked her the deal on it.  She quit that shit when she got older.

I attended a Pentecostal church as a kid, don't remember any ladies wearing denim skirts.  Attended an independent Baptist church with my ex wife, 80% of the women wore denim skirts.

Different sects. The church my grandfather was a reverend at was very much like that. Old timey fire & brimstone stuff, speaking in tongues and all that, surprised they never passed around snakes at the few services I observed.

Strange bunch.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Usually Menonites, Apostolics, or Pentacostals around here. You also might notice they wear no jewelry or makeup and never cut their hair.
View Quote

Sounds like my wife, but I think she's just lazy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Pentecostals and Strict Church of God here. A few of the  Pentecostals go so far as to not wear deodorant, since smelling good can give men lustful thoughts. But then again around here sometimes folks break out snakes during a 4th Sunday service.

ETA: I grew up Southern Missionary Baptist, grandpa was a preacher, uncle was, couple cousins are. Our women wear pants.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Always thought those chicks with long denim skirts and long hair back in highschool were hot. Would have killed to see their ankles.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Funny thing about the Mennonites is their different levels of adherence to the doctrine (whatever that is).  Some would drive normal cars.  Others would drive cars, usually a Chevy Caprice, but they would paint all the chrome black.

And they're all named Yoder.
View Quote

It's the same with the Amish. There isn't really a universal set of rules. Each parish (I don't know the proper term) sets it's own rules about what is and isn't kosher.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Typically they wouldn't, but lately some congregations in the traditional anabaptist-decendent religions have loosened up.  Some Hutterites allow men to wear baseball caps as headcovering.   There are even some Mennonites that have no dress code at all!  Some congregations require men to wear suspenders, but otherwise don't much care what they wear.  It is litterally all over the map.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grew up around Mennonites, modern stuff but no luxury items. No denim skirts/dresses that I remember.

Baseball caps?  I haven’t seen that either, or maybe I have and didn’t know they were Mennonite.

I do like blasting this song as I slow roll through Lancaster County.

"Weird" Al Yankovic - Amish Paradise (Parody of "Gangsta's Paradise" - Official HD Video)

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don’t think denim is a requirement so much as it’s an easily sourced fabric that is easy to sew, is inexpensive, and (most importantly, from what I’ve been told) it’s a heavy fabric that won’t accentuate their body and thus inspire men to lust.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely makes sense.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They be rough looking, but I bet they do some rather fun shit to keep a man.
View Quote

I don't know about those girls, but lots of girls like that are pretty freaky.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They are many times United Pentecostal Church people. I have friends in it. Great people. But, they see the wearing of pants as wearing mens clothes. The problem is, back in biblical times, they pretty much wore skirts. Secondly, there are no restrictions on men. They are good people and still believe in the basic biblical message of salvation.
View Quote

That isn’t true.

A. Men aren’t to wear women’s clothing.
B. Men shouldn’t wear immodest clothing. Shorts, tank top, go shirtless in public, etc.

Also, in biblical times, men (priests specifically) wore linen shorts under their robes so that the people could see their nakedness when they stood on a platform ministering to the people of Israel.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Baptist. They teach that women aren't supposed to wear the clothes of a man, hence denim skirt instead of jeans.
View Quote
I've never heard of a Baptist Church teaching or practicing this and I was raised Southern Baptist.  I go to a Missionary Baptist now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#31]
As I walk through the valley where I harvest my grain I take a look at my wife and realize she's very plain

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#32]
More likely to be old hippies than anything. Very very few women dress like that even in fundamental Baptist circles from what I've seen. There's hundreds of little offshoots of 2-4k members Nationwide not even counting the fact that most IFB churches aren't a part of any larger body beyond their own building. Though that is changing and many churches here love to throw out the independent label but they're almost all associated with colleges milking their children for cash. It's no wonder the standards are going away when the pastors are coming from universities with women instructors and essentially zero off campus standards or ones that have so many exclusions it's not even worth having them. See PCC etc.

Quoted:

It's the same with the Amish. There isn't really a universal set of rules. Each parish (I don't know the proper term) sets it's own rules about what is and isn't kosher.
View Quote

Lots of Mennonites are super liberal, down to wearing pants like trannies and importing "refugees." Could say the same thing about Baptists so I'm not completely singling them out here. Been a long fall. Usually it's the younger members of congregations that are ultra conservative just waiting for the boomers to finally die off so we can say what needs to be said rather than just worshiping the Republican party.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Some reason I always think Russian Orthodox.  Might just be the region though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Check under arms and legs for hair… Mennonites
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've never heard of a Baptist Church teaching or practicing this and I was raised Southern Baptist.  I go to a Missionary Baptist now.
View Quote

That's because you're Methodist lite. People associate IFB churches with the "Baptist" stories they're telling. You don't make the news or even the folk tales because you're interchangeable with literally any Protestant church full of Holiday only Christians in the country.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#36]
John Lee Hooker - Big Legs,Tight Skirt
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Short answer: people that are generally good, productive members of society that vote conservatively, make good neighbors and won't kill you for tennis shoes.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They be rough looking, but I bet they do some rather fun shit to keep a man.
View Quote

Hate to say it but that's where you're wrong.
Most won't even hold hands with you because it's frowned upon.
At least the ones I've met(I'm homeschooled and grew up in small southern Baptists churches, so I've met quite a few in my life)
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Pentecostal.  

The most moving, best singing I've ever seen in person was a Pentecostal woman that played piano and sang at a funeral.

I'm not a religious person but that was a religious experience.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. I knew some Mennonites. They dressed like Amish. Went to school with one of those long denim skirt/long haired/no makeup girls. She said her family were Church of God. Not exactly sure what that denomination is, but they can be seen around a good bit. The girl I knew was actually rather attractive.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#41]
around here it's Baptists
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Denimites

Around here that would be some kind of Pentecostal or Church of God, maybe.  Basically, women don't wear pants.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

This, I used to live in a town with a Baptist college and all the girls wore long jean skirts
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Short answer: people that are generally good, productive members of society that vote conservatively, make good neighbors and won't kill you for tennis shoes.
View Quote

My side of the family that was part of that faith were all hardcore union backing democrats. I don't know which way they vote these days as I no longer remain in touch with them but I remember every one of them had a Clinton/Gore sticker on their car back then. The women didn't work and usually got some sort of bullshit disability check along with whatever aid from the state they could file for to support their broods.

A few of the children went on to become real pieces of shit including a homosexual pedophile who used his position as a youth pastor to gain access to his victims. He's ministering in prison now days. They wouldn't kill you for your shoes but they'd take funds from the church to pay for "missions" to tropical countries with nice beaches a few times a year.

From time to time I'll run into somebody who will ask if I'm of relation to that lot when they hear my last name. I always deny it and claim to not know them.

Generalizations are silly.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Down here they are usually Pentecostals.
View Quote

Or Mennonites
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Go on…

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on…

Yeah, what he said
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#47]
I’ve been trying to get my ok lady to dress up like them Pentecostal women for fun times for a while.

It’s a no go for her.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have family on Florida in a super strict Baptist church who do this. No pants or shorts on women. No jewelry, other than a wedding ring, on men. Every single activity is in the church. No movies, no nothing outside the church. More like a cult.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My side of the family that was part of that faith were all hardcore union backing democrats. I don't know which way they vote these days as I no longer remain in touch with them but I remember every one of them had a Clinton/Gore sticker on their car back then. The women didn't work and usually got some sort of bullshit disability check along with whatever aid from the state they could file for to support their broods.

A few of the children went on to become real pieces of shit including a homosexual pedophile who used his position as a youth pastor to gain access to his victims. He's ministering in prison now days. They wouldn't kill you for your shoes but they'd take funds from the church to pay for "missions" to tropical countries with nice beaches a few times a year.

From time to time I'll run into somebody who will ask if I'm of relation to that lot when they hear my last name. I always deny it and claim to not know them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stereotypes exist for reasons, of course every contrarian in this site magically has experiences that go against them. By the same token, of course not everyone will fit in a stereotype of the group that they belong to.

I am in the middle of Apostolic Christian country and have never met one that wasn't super conservative, overall good natured and have several that are good neighbors. I guarantee you that the ratio of these traits in them as a group is higher than even in other comparable Christian conservative rural areas.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top