Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish to do no violence on another man, but being as my rights come from God (or my humanity, if you're an atheist) I will not be complying with any law that makes me a criminal after the fact.

100% of my firearms related purchases were made legally. Therefore, they are legal. That is how I see it. If it were 1930 and I owned a Thompson, even with the grandfathering, zero percent chance I register or pay a tax on property I acquired legally.

Sadly, I wasn't born then. But I will keep living my life. For what it's worth, New Jersey has had exactly zero "high cap" magazines surrendered to State Police. Not one.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just remember that a bunch of RINOs jumped ship to pass the Clinton AWB.  Most of them got kicked out of office the next election along with a bunch of Democrats.
View Quote
And the current crop needs to be reminded of that.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#5]
So he neither understands nor supports the second amendment then.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#6]
The psychos who go out and shoot people unfortunate will only provide fuel to the self serving politicians like this guy and emboldened the scaredy cats who haven’t ever handled a gun in their life but think guns are evil.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#7]
My father once told me anything someone says before the word “but” is horseshit
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#8]
People please.

He's a crooked piece of shit elected by the people of Dayton.

He wants to continue to be a crooked piece of shit in elected office.

He's saying what he thinks is necessary to continue to line his pockets.

He's not now and never was a Republican. He's a con man.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Mike Turncoat
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#10]
These so called republicans are very disappointing.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#11]
There will be an AWB in 45 days
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And after, they were too scared to fuck with gun owners again that way for nearly 20 years.
View Quote
20 years of unchecked illegal immigration has changed that dynamic.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Called and stated my opposition to his "Opinion".
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#14]
trumps fault
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well there goes his re-election.
View Quote
When’s his term up?
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#16]
How, exactly, does his proposal impact mentally unstable people?

It doesn’t.

It impacts millions of legal gun owners simply to “do something,” no matter how ineffective it is.

What’s the saying?  It’s like shooting your cow because a fox killed your chickens?

Yeesh.....
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#18]
sellout POS
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If they turn traitor and all they hear is anti-2A folks is raising them they’ll be happy to keep going.
View Quote
I understand where you're coming from. I just don't believe that politicians really care about what us "little people" think.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://turner.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/turner-supports-restricting-military-style-weapon-sales-magazine-limits

Today, Republican Congressman Mike Turner (OH-10) announced his support for preventing military style weapon sales to civilians, magazine limits, and red flag legislation.

His words on his website:

“I strongly support the Second Amendment, but we must prevent mentally unstable people from terrorizing our communities with military style weapons. I will support legislation that prevents the sale of military style weapons to civilians, a magazine limit, and red flag legislation. The carnage these military style weapons are able to produce when available to the wrong people is intolerable.

We must pass red flag legislation to quickly identify people who are dangerous and remove their ability to harm others. Too often after mass shootings, we hear there were early warning signs that were ignored.

I believe these are necessary steps forward in protecting our country and a testament to American values, which include protecting human life.

I understand not every shooting can be prevented or stopped from these measures, but I do believe these steps are essential.
View Quote
So, he starts his statement off with a lie.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Out in the open
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Traitor
Out in the open
Range?
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I wish to do no violence on another man, but being as my rights come from God (or my humanity, if you're an atheist) I will not be complying with any law that makes me a criminal after the fact.

100% of my firearms related purchases were made legally. Therefore, they are legal. That is how I see it. If it were 1930 and I owned a Thompson, even with the grandfathering, zero percent chance I register or pay a tax on property I acquired legally.

Sadly, I wasn't born then. But I will keep living my life. For what it's worth, New Jersey has had exactly zero "high cap" magazines surrendered to State Police. Not one.
View Quote
Bet you don't have a bump stock tho

Edit: no I don't wanna hear how much you hated them. Just saying. Everyone says "will not comply" until it comes time to comply.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Every fucking time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Every fucking time.

I strongly support the Second Amendment, but
Yup.. fuck him...

Soon enough they'll all be saying that shit though...
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Vote that fucker out!
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Vote that fucker out!
View Quote
I think we're past voting.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Called and stated my opposition to his "Opinion".
View Quote
For not even a post a year, this was an excellent one and I salute you.

Thanks brother.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Edit: no I don't wanna hear how much you hated them. Just saying. Everyone says "will not comply" until it comes time to comply.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never hated bumpstocks. I thought they were cool.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Next is balkanization and the formation of Freikorps....

Those who don’t remember history, something, something.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Primary him.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Disgusting. I fear the future, as well as look forward to it..
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't think so...
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
When's his term up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well there goes his re-election.
When's his term up?
Dude.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#33]
All going as planned.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bout time they outed themselves.

Most Republicans will take your guns as quick as a Democrat if they think they can do it without losing their next election.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Traitor
Out in the open
Bout time they outed themselves.

Most Republicans will take your guns as quick as a Democrat if they think they can do it without losing their next election.
An armed proletariat is always cause for concern among the ruling elite.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#35]
He is not addressing the shooter.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I strongly support the Constitution and Bill of Rights except for the parts I don't
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#37]
If they ban guns... I hope Communists win and turn America into the next Venezuela. I hope the GOP Establishment assholes all have their wealth forcibly redistributed.

If you want my rights to be taken away... I HOPE YOURS GET TAKEN TOO!

FUCK YOUR RIGHT TO PROFIT, IF YOU WANT TO TAKE M RIGHT TO PROTECT MY FAMILY!
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't think so...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think so...
Mass shootings ain’t gonna stop, so how many more shootings till awb then?
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:21:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Republicans are worthless cowards.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Of course he does.
He doesn't give a damn or a jar of cold piss about the 24 service veterans who kill themselves every day because they can't get proper mental health care, but he's all in for disarmament.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Those of you who are not concerned and want to depend upon those with an "R" behind their name need to wise up.

This guy is using all the Dem/Lib/Prog buzzwords.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
And after, they were too scared to fuck with gun owners again that way for nearly 20 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just remember that a bunch of RINOs jumped ship to pass the Clinton AWB.  Most of them got kicked out of office the next election along with a bunch of Democrats.
The NRA had a lot to do with that. Clinton gave them credit for 10-20 seats. If memory serves, it was the first time a sitting Speaker was defeated for reelection since forever.

The leadership just keeps saying "nothing is wrong". Time for them to step up and prove it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Good bye MT.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He's a corrupt pile of garbage, apparently.

From his Wikipedia page:

"In both 2008 and 2010 Turner was listed as one of the "most corrupt members of Congress" by the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington for "enrichment of self, family, or friends" and "solicitation of gifts".[34][35]

In 2006, a marketing firm owned by Turner's first wife, Lori, was hired without competitive bidding by the Dayton Development Coalition, an organization which lobbies for federal funds from congressmen such as Representative Turner, to develop a regional re-branding campaign. She withdrew from the coalition in 2008 weeks after reports of the agreement surfaced which also revealed that her firm was compensated at least $300,000 to produce the slogan "Get Midwest".[15][36][37]

A 2008 report released by the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington detailed $54,065 that Turner's election committee had paid to his wife's marketing company between 2002 and 2006 based on public campaign finance disclosures.[38]

At various times Turner has been criticized by fiscally conservative groups, such as the Citizens Against Government Waste, for siphoning federal taxpayer dollars to local line-item projects, specifically after obtaining $250,000 to a local theater in his district in Wilmington, Ohio[39] and $4,000,000 for Open Source Research Centers intended for Radiance Technologies in Fairborn, Ohio.[40]

According to analysis conducted by the Dayton Daily News in 2016[41], when Rep. Mike Turner came to Congress in 2002, he claimed between $153,026 and $695,000 worth of assets on his financial disclosure form. In 2016, he claimed between $2.8 million and $10.3 million. The paper credited his second marriage (now also divorced) to an energy lobbyist as a contributing reason for the increase, since her assets as well as his were listed on his 2016 financial disclosure form. Their relationship raised red-flags[42] when Turner was accused of authoring natural gas legislation that might benefit her employer at the time, Cheniere Energy."
View Quote
Does he represent Dayton?

That would explain the flip.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Well I just spoke to my Congressman tonight in a conservative R district and he's moving to the "do something" camp as well.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#46]
"Mike Turncoat"

The jokes write themselves.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:39:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Traitor
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#49]
I strongly support the Second Amendment, but....

Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep,but they learned gun owners and the NRA are Paper Tigers that will still vote for them no matter what gun control they pass.

All those years of not holding them accountable are biting us in the ass.............
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top