Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Their quality sucks on everything but they target markets to destroy competition. They don’t have to make a profit over there. They use slave labor. They can afford to lose money until the drive their competitors out of business.
View Quote

It's fucking mind boggling this has to be explained to members

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No. Tariffs are paid by the consumer. All business taxes are paid by the consumer. Fuck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They just pass the cost to is so wtf good does it do lol

It changes consumer behavior and brings manufacturing back to the US.  Which means more jobs and more domestic wealth creation with less of our local wealth being transferred overseas.

That is patently ridiculous. The tariffs do nothing to make the cost of US goods cheap enough to compete with Chinese goods.

They just make the consumer spend a bit more on Chinese stuff which simply takes that money out of the economy so there is less money available to buy America goods.

The money stays in the US economy, rather than going to China.

We give China billions of dollars. Are you not fucking paying attention? We waste trillions on other countries. Did you even think about this before you typed it?

I work with this shit every damned day. Uneven trade practices with China has ruined many important American industries.  Targeted tariffs will help to correct things but it will take years to fix it. You guys pretending our trade with China is not a big problem are absolutely kidding yourselves.

You think you can control the global market. How cute.

You don’t even understand that there is a global market, and tariffs against China will absolutely take money out of China.

You seem to be missing the fact that China has been waging war against us for decades.

No. Tariffs are paid by the consumer. All business taxes are paid by the consumer. Fuck.

No kidding. I am not advocating for across the board tariffs , merely tariffs against China. Every post you make shows you don’t understand what is happening and why.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
All of the Statist, Big Gov, RINOS are pro china

See Cocaine Mitch

F THE CCP

By extension, F GD'S SACRED COW HOLOSUN
View Quote

Wait, so it’s statist and big gov for the government to not tax trade???
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It changes consumer behavior and brings manufacturing back to the US.  Which means more jobs and more domestic wealth creation with less of our local wealth being transferred overseas.

That is patently ridiculous. The tariffs do nothing to make the cost of US goods cheap enough to compete with Chinese goods.

They just make the consumer spend a bit more on Chinese stuff which simply takes that money out of the economy so there is less money available to buy America goods.

We give China billions of dollars. Are you not fucking paying attention? We waste trillions on other countries. Did you even think about this before you typed it?

I work with this shit every damned day. Uneven trade practices with China has ruined many important American industries.  Targeted tariffs will help to correct things but it will take years to fix it. You guys pretending our trade with China is not a big problem are absolutely kidding yourselves.

You don’t even understand that there is a global market, and tariffs against China will absolutely take money out of China.

You seem to be missing the fact that China has been waging war against us for decades.

Thats...the whole point.

We want to make Chinese products no longer cheap and competitive on the US market, so businesses will switch supply chains to goods made in India/Mexico/Vietnam / literally anywhere other than China.

Cost of labor is already cheaper in Mexico then China. And having a great big beautiful wall of Mexican manufacturing jobs will help slow illegal immigration plus boost the net productive capacity of North America and harden US supply lines in a WW3 scenario.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wait, so it's statist and big gov for the government to not tax trade???
View Quote
People think they're conservative but they're not.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We need to go full trade war on China. We need to force the supply chains out of China.

DeSantis just lost 2028.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good
View Quote

FPNI

Tariffs are for 'tards.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Their quality sucks on everything but they target markets to destroy competition. They don’t have to make a profit over there. They use slave labor. They can afford to lose money until the drive their competitors out of business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t worry, they can get jobs at Walmart so they can afford cheap slave labor manufactured Chinese shit.

Or they could make shit more efficiently or something else. I compete with China daily and win. Their quality sucks on lots of stuff and that can be exploited to win without higher taxes.

Millions of American businesses beat China every day. Millions more business sell China and USA at the same time.

Even with China manipulating their currency the market still works. They force us to be more competitive on some things and they cannot compete on quality.

We make choices every day and manipulation of those choices always has horrible unforseen consequences. Your manipulations are going to be just as destructive as the Chicoms. You just lack the humility to realize you are just as wrong as they are.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Good. Now those Chicoms will have more bottom line money to throw at procuring more residential and commercial real estate.

Won't hit em militarily. Won't hit em politically. Won't hit em economically. Fucking Rinos.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It is in the best interest of this country to move away from China as a source of things.  It is a strategic vulnerability.

I don't much care how we do it, but it needs to be done.
View Quote

One way is to lower corporate taxes (which you and I pay in the price of goods and services).
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thats...the whole point.

We want to make Chinese products no longer cheap and competitive on the US market, so businesses will switch supply chains to goods made in India/Mexico/Vietnam / literally anywhere other than China.
View Quote

That's what TPP was supposed to do.

Notice what country isn't mentioned.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah!  If you oppose Americans paying more money in tariffs to fund Big Government, YOU support Big Government!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See Cocaine Mitch

F THE CCP

Yeah!  If you oppose Americans paying more money in tariffs to fund Big Government, YOU support Big Government!

No. Just a chicom supporting rino apparently.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Good.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, so it's statist and big gov for the government to not tax trade???

To be fair, conservatives haven’t exactly been champions of free trade. Vis-à-vis, the big sucking sound of Mexico taking all our jobs because of NAFTA. Think Perot’s crystal ball failed him there.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thats...the whole point.

Cost of labor is already cheaper in Mexico then China. And having a great big beautiful wall of Mexican manufacturing jobs will help slow illegal immigration plus boost the net productive capacity of North America and harden US supply lines in a WW3 scenario.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats...the whole point.

How about we make it easier and less expensive to make shit here? Isn't that better than funding bigger government?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See Cocaine Mitch

F THE CCP

Damn tax lowering commie basterds. What next, reduced regulations??
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:01:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Tax rates aren't inherently tied to conservatism or liberalism.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do not think there would be an argument under Austrian Economics for traditional tariffs.

Certainly, the tax code could be revised not to incentivize off-shoring and business regulations could be loosened if we are going to make an argument for an even playing field
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:04:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See Cocaine Mitch

F THE CCP

I'd hate for business taxes to go away completely and cause a huge increase in revenue for American business to grow and get more efficient.....
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OK, no tariffs. Trade is just banned for giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
View Quote

I'm kinda on board.  We should define some industries and products that should only be made here in the interest of national security.  It's not something we could do overnight but damn we could at least try.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How about we make it easier and less expensive to make shit here? Isn't that better than funding bigger government?
View Quote

I tried this argument 5 years ago.  They don't care.

Here's the meme I made 5 years ago:

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

us manufacturing did not magically disappear for no reason at all

there are reasons for declining us manufacturing levels

there are reasons for increased chinese manufacturing levels

they are not significantly related to tariffs

they are related to the overall tax and regulatory structures in both countries comparatively

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why can't we do both?

...and the goal isn't to fund the government, it's to decouple from China. The ideal solution with the tariffs is no increased taxes going to the government.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/0gsjj4J.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I taxed that meme, along with your (I believe) other gif from The Patriot. In the name of equality and all.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This ends with idiots like you starving millions of people to death from shear stupidity.
View Quote
Condescending prick much?  That really helps your argument. The data indicates you don't know what you're talking about.  
Are you taking advice from Paul Krugman? Holy economic fallacy, Batman.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You could afford a $500 mixer if tariffs kept good middle class jobs over here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll try to explain this in small words for small minds.

My wife needs a new mixer. Let's say an American mixer is $500 and a Chinese mixer is $100. I simply cannot afford a $500 mixer.

If you place a 100% tariff on the Chinese mixer I will still not be able to afford the American mixer. I'll have to pay the government an extra $100 to buy the Chinese mixer for $200. The economy took a hit because I might have spent that $100 on American products and services but instead I lost that money to taxes to be wasted.

Now raise the price of the Chinese mixer to $500. $400 goes to taxes and $100 to China........but it doesn't, because I cannot afford $500. The money has less value than it did and I cannot afford either.

Now all the Americans who would have made a profit off the Chinese mixer make nothing and they buy less from any source including America. I buy sonething else or buy used.

Every fucking body loses.....
You could afford a $500 mixer if tariffs kept good middle class jobs over here.

LOFL
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

they are related to the overall tax and regulatory structures in both countries comparatively

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the answer is less domestic taxes and regulations. Not increasing tax burdens across the board (on consumers). Taxes are a destruction of wealth regardless under what name the go by.

I’d also challenge your assertion that US manufacturing disappeared or is in decline. We just manufacture different things, like airplanes as opposed to socks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#29]
FA Hayek called it the "pretense of knowledge ". If i do A then B is the result.

The "pretense of knowledge" is the belief that the millions of consequences can be understood and managed.

China's unfair practices will end themselves someday. Until then they are driving us to be more efficient and more awesome than we would achieve without the competition.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#30]
It really doesn't matter what RonDa says about tariffs. He is just there to be a spoiler.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So the answer is less domestic taxes and regulations. Not increasing tax burdens across the board (on consumers). Taxes are a destruction of wealth regardless under what name the go by.

I’d also challenge your assertion that US manufacturing disappeared or is in decline. We just manufacture different things, like airplanes as opposed to socks.
View Quote

Unless you are going to call for negative tax rates, that's not going to be enough.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Everything old is new again, lol.

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I taxed that meme, along with your (I believe) other gif from The Patriot. In the name of equality and all.
View Quote

Jetta says "become ungovernable".

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Condescending prick much?  That really helps your argument. The data indicates you don't know what you're talking about.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ends with idiots like you starving millions of people to death from shear stupidity.

Probably getting his advice from this communist fuck right here:

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/thomas-sowell-on-trumps-trade-war-and-trumps-view-on-trade-surpluses/
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many people feed their families selling chinese goods and American goods with chinese components?  100 million? More? Now eliminate their jobs in a short span of a decade or so. How much American stuff will they buy?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Unless you are going to call for negative tax rates, that's not going to be enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enough for what? Domestic wealth generation?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
FA Hayek called it the "pretense of knowledge ". If i do A then B is the result.

The "pretense of knowledge" is the belief that the millions of consequences can be understood and managed.

China's unfair practices will end themselves someday. Until then they are driving us to be more efficient and more awesome than we would achieve without the competition.
View Quote
Hayek died before he could see the west slide into third world shithole status, while the actual third world raped it of middle class jobs.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats...the whole point.

Bingo. Part of that is lowering the corporate income tax rate. People who support higher corporate income taxes (like FJB) and people who support tariffs are 2 sides of the same coin.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#39]
We gave China the leg up on our gaping ass long ago.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hayek died before he could see the west slide into third world shithole status, while the actual third world raped it of middle class jobs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We destroyed our own middle class. Not China. They voted for it. Hayek was totally correct on the pretense of knowledge and lack of humility in our supposed saviours.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It is in the best interest of this country to move away from China as a source of things.  It is a strategic vulnerability.

View Quote

This is where I'm at. If it isn't tariffs, what is it?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zero taxes on business would do wonders. Not just for big business but even the local folks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enough to move manufacturing out of China.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:23:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Never change, GD:

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Read it twice and couldn’t find where Desantis was quoted as saying he is against tariffs on Chinese Goods. Was there a part missing?

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make doing business here less expensive and easier. We can beat China right now with all their dirty tricks and slave labor. Head to head. No extra taxes required.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We have had 5 local shops that specialize in smaller injection mold dies shut in the last 5 months. I've talked to 2 of the owners and they sad they can no long compete with dies coming from China.
View Quote
You can buy compete dies from China for the cost of the materials here.  You'd have to make a mold for free to compete.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:31:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

We destroyed our own middle class. Not China. They voted for it. Hayek was totally correct on the pretense of knowledge and lack of humility in our supposed saviours.
View Quote
An a big part of that was as a result of lowering tariffs. You keep bringing up Hayek as an appeal to authority, but if he were alive today and witnessed the practical implications of that, it's very much possible that he'd have a different opinion.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#50]
More than anything a small, and yearly increasing tariff on Chinese good would help America.

3% to start, 1.5% increase every year, until made in China is a hard to find label.

Decrease income taxes by the same amount every year.

Of course the swamp creatures hate it.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top