[#1]
Does it fire more than once?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
9mm guns are officially obsolete. .380 loads can now penetrate 12"-14" and there is no difference between calibers.

Cheaper, less muzzle rise, faster follow up shots and now guns that keep the same magazine size. 9mm is done.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ruger has some of the best customer service in the business.  If your gun doesn't function contact them.  They will make it right
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I carry my Gen 1 LCP regularly. It's been very reliable.  

I bought a Gen II in 2020, but had some feed problems with it, that I think are corrected now, but haven't been able to shoot enough .380 through it to have confidence to carry it (my .380 stock is running low).

Definitely interested in the LCP Max.

Did the problem fix itself or did you do something to it?

I cannot get through a magazine without a failure to feed

@apmonte

@2ndamendmentknights

Things would get so jammed up that I had a hard time pulling back the slide. I originally thought I was having a problem with one of my magazines, but suspect it's a feed ramp issue. It wouldn't surprise me if there's something just not right with the design. I polished the feed ramp to mirror, as I do with most of my pistols, and that seems to have helped significantly.  I just don't have enough .380 stocked right now to run through it to gain enough confidence to put it into EDC rotation.  

I polished with some Flitz metal polish, using Conical Felt Point tips on my dogs cordless nail trimmer.

Ruger has some of the best customer service in the business.  If your gun doesn't function contact them.  They will make it right
This. The design is sound, as there's plenty of guys with trouble free IIs in service.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
9mm guns are officially obsolete. .380 loads can now penetrate 12"-14" and there is no difference between calibers.

Cheaper, less muzzle rise, faster follow up shots and now guns that keep the same magazine size. 9mm is done.
View Quote
You done dunnit now. Even satirically.
I wouldn't go that far. For Service pistols that need barrier penetration reliably the 9mm is still the floor.
However, this is definitely not as stringent a requirement for self defense pistols. This is a big point of contention among the Faithful. Some want that capability, some don't think it's an absolute requirement for a pocket pistol. I think it's a wash between carrying an FBI approved caliber pistol sometimes vs carrying a.380 ALL the time.
Rule #1 of gunfighting: Have a gun on you.
The LCP2 fills that very well with its useable trigger and decent sights. The Max gets better with real sights and significant capacity.
I'll get off my "The FBI fucks over CCW carriers with its pseudo scientific protocol " now.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Might be time to send my kahr 380 up the river.
View Quote

I would happily trade my CM9 for one of these...
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Grab a gun has them in stock ready to ship 399
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Grab a gun has them in stock ready to ship 399
View Quote

When they drop down closer to 300, I'll likely not be able to help myself.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#10]
12+1????

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No. Trench sights and similar have been used forever. They are clearly not better than real sights.
View Quote

Yeah, that's mostly sarcasm.  They're complaining about too much sights, fine, go with too little sigjts.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Does it fire more than once?
View Quote

For us, yeah.

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Just placed a pre-order for one.  

I've really liked all of the LCPs.  My original LCP was awesome except it was so uncomfortable to shoot.  A magazine or two and I was done.  

The LCP II is awesome, comfortable to shoot all day, a little nail polish on the sights and they are great.  Love my .22 LCP as well.

Best gun ever for pocket carry, an additional 4 rounds is a no-brainer.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just placed a pre-order for one.  

I've really liked all of the LCPs.  My original LCP was awesome except it was so uncomfortable to shoot.  A magazine or two and I was done.  

The LCP II is awesome, comfortable to shoot all day, a little nail polish on the sights and they are great.  Love my .22 LCP as well.

Best gun ever for pocket carry, an additional 4 rounds is a no-brainer.
View Quote

The LCP i had worked well, but i could never hit anything with it unlike the Walther or Kahr.  Maybe they have made improvements in accuracy since then?

Why not a 12/14 shot .32acp version?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The LCP i had worked well, but i could never hit anything with it unlike the Walther or Kahr.  Maybe they have made improvements in accuracy since then?

View Quote

You are correct, I was lucky to keep all the rounds on a paper plate at 7 yds or so with the original LCP.

My LCP II is awesome, I shoot steel at 15/20yds quickly and easily.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I have no idea if Texas will see a boost in purchases as the September 1st law change occurs, or will after. This would be a great marketing approach, released with that in mind.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Pocket gun, but with no manual safety?

Swing and a miss, Ruger.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Shouldn’t be an issue if you are using a pocket holster that covers the trigger.

ETA meant to quote the post above me.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You are correct, I was lucky to keep all the rounds on a paper plate at 7 yds or so with the original LCP.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@walldj45
@110

I can't hit the side of a barn with my 1st gen but there has to be a way to solve that.  Someone told me to shoot it using one hand only so that is my plan next time I shoot it.  I am sure there is a thread here somewhere on that topic, I need to find it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Swing and a miss, Ruger.
View Quote

I've been carrying pocket guns without an external safety for many years.  

Why would I want an external safety?  

I've trained until I'm competent enough to keep my trigger off the trigger until my firearm is drawn and pointed away from my person.  

Unless you pull the trigger the gun isn't going to magically discharge.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Shouldn’t be an issue if you are using a pocket holster that covers the trigger.

ETA meant to quote the post above me.
View Quote

Exactly.  Use a good holster.  Don't put other shit in your chosen carry pocket.  Learn how to draw a pistol.  It's not hard.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've trained until I'm competent enough to keep my trigger off the trigger until my firearm is drawn and pointed away from my person.  

View Quote

I’m sure it works for you and others who, for personal reasons, dislike manual safeties. To each their own.

But to imply that only those who are incompetent concerning the handling of firearms would want a manual safety is absurd.

I too, am well trained.  But for certain weapons, I like the addition of a manual safety to use in concert with weapons safe handling procedures, not in place of them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Hmm. I need a pocket carry gun.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I shoot my LCPII a hell of a lot better than my Kahr CM9.  Maybe it is because I was never much of a double action revolver shooter.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Swing and a miss, Ruger.
View Quote

what is an improvement on one of the highest selling lines of pocket carry guns in over the last decade is a swing and a miss?

Do you also prefer manual safeties on all of your carry pistols? Or, do you have modes of carry that you don't prefer them?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

what is an improvement on one of the highest selling lines of pocket carry guns in over the last decade is a swing and a miss?

Do you also prefer manual safeties on all of your carry pistols? Or, do you have modes of carry that you don't prefer them?
View Quote

I think overall, the MAX *is* an improvement on the old LCP/LCPII.  I was pretty happy to see it advertised, as a 10-12 cap 380 pocket-size gun from Ruger (I brand I like and trust -- a lot) sounds GREAT.

But I also think that it is a "miss" in that MOST respected manufacturers of compact "CCW"-class weapons are starting to offer BOTH manual safety and NON-manual safety models.  Ruger even offers it on their LCP 22LR.  However, Ruger chose NOT to offer one their LCPII MAX, where it would have been easier to do in that they already had to design a new grip/frame to accommodate the thicker magazine.  I think THAT was a miss, but I am hoping it will be temporary, and a MS model will be along shortly.

I only have a few weapons that I consistently carry (P365 and S&W Bodyguard, for examples), and yes, on such weapons in that use case, I greatly prefer a manual safety.  For ultra-light carry, I chose the Bodyguard instead of my LCP for that reason.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This isn't a striker fired gun.
View Quote

My bad.  But it still has a light striker type trigger and that doesn't make me feel good carrying aiwb.
I still prefer a manual safety.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm interested in that. Wish it was in .32acp.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm interested in that. Wish it was in .32acp.
View Quote

32acp is great till everything rimlocks in the mag.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#32]
We need a modernized rimless  other pressure 32 ACP. This gun in that cal with two more rounds in would be perfect.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We need a modernized rimless  other pressure 32 ACP. This gun in that cal with two more rounds in would be perfect.
View Quote

25 & 32 NAA
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

25 & 32 NAA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

25 & 32 NAA

Those are bottlenecked cartridges though.  32 NAA uses .380 brass necked down to .32 if I remember correctly.  No additional capacity gained over .380.

What would be cool is a modern(non semi rimmed) straight walled .32 cartridge that is high enough pressure to mimic .32 H&R magnum loads. But the same size as .32 ACP
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Shut up and take my money!
View Quote

Yep I’m buying one.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#36]
It looks like I'll be relegating my other pocket .380 (a S&W Bodyguard) to the strongbox in my Tesla (deal with it). The new staggered magazines are a huge game changer.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just bought an LCP II.

Bought a G43 right before the P365 came out.

Fuck my life.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Ruger makes this while Sig just stuffs a shim in their 365 mag rather than shrinking down the whole package?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Swing and a miss, Ruger.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I want one in 9mm or 22lr
View Quote

@Generaldiscussions

Like this?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Those are bottlenecked cartridges though.  32 NAA uses .380 brass necked down to .32 if I remember correctly.  No additional capacity gained over .380.

What would be cool is a modern(non semi rimmed) straight walled .32 cartridge that is high enough pressure to mimic .32 H&R magnum loads. But the same size as .32 ACP
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#43]
NEW Ruger LCP MAX: A Doublestack .380 Micro Compact

Uses S&W Bodyguard sight…..

Size vs 365

vs P3AT
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:14:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm sure it works for you and others who, for personal reasons, dislike manual safeties. To each their own.

But to imply that only those who are incompetent concerning the handling of firearms would want a manual safety is absurd.

I too, am well trained.  But for certain weapons, I like the addition of a manual safety to use in concert with weapons safe handling procedures, not in place of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure it works for you and others who, for personal reasons, dislike manual safeties. To each their own.

They've already sold a fuckload of LCPs without manual safeties
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The pocket holster is the safety imo.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/71wup2JcdYL__AC_SX425__jpg-1997294.JPG

I like my BORAII
View Quote

Yep, the holster IS the safety. Ive got a BORA holster for my original Lcp. Perfect holster.
Great little pocket gun.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:22:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@Generaldiscussions

Like this?
View Quote

Yes, damn you ruger took an extra day. Will 22lr be nexr
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:27:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just bought an LCP II.

Bought a G43 right before the P365 came out.

Fuck my life.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2021 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Double tap, again. WTH.
View Quote

@JoeJeeps

Post whore!
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Generaldiscussions

Like this?

The Max 9 (which has been out for a while) is a hell of a lot bigger than the LCP Max….  True pocket pistol vs Micro Compact

Link Posted: 7/2/2021 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#50]
I still like to original version for pocket carry in gym shorts or swim trunks.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top