BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 470
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Frontiercowboy:

That proves my point. It was his undersecretary of state Vicky nuland and Hillary Clinton that pushed the orange revolution because they damn well knew the Russians would occupy Crimea and the East. The knew the Russian invasion would happen and didn’t prepare because they wanted this mess to go the way it has. They wanted Russia to overreach which they did and then leverage the Ukrainian men into the meat grinder in the East to take down Russia so they can loot it and use the earnings there to oppress us in the United States. The American people and Ukrainian people have the same enemies. We are fighting one Russia but the second one the global communists we are pretending they are our friends. They, Obama, Susan Rice, Hillary, Victoria Nuland, Joe Biden, etc, etc who are benefiting from this are the second and most dangerous enemy.
View Quote

That's real retarded sir.
Either Vicky Nulled et al are inept idiots or ultra-super-villians from a Bond film. No one in the fucking world could have predicted the events that led to Maidan and the subsequent 2014 invasion. That's like predicting 87 basketball brackets in a row. I think you lost me here bro.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
that’s a huge bitch
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#3]

I’m well aware of bill Clinton’s climate change proposals. My point is the interests of the people who brought us climate change idiology are the same ones benefiting from the Ukraine war. If Ukraine becomes part of the EU the real agenda of the people that push the climate treaties will be advanced. They will depopulate and deindustrialize the heartland even further. It’s like Rush Limbaugh said when I was a kid all the communists went into the environmental movement as a cover. My Ukrainian grandmother bought me his book the way things ought to be when I was in 7th grade. Environmentalist=communist=globalist=marxist all the same. Russia is indeed also an enemy just not as dangerous as the one Zelinsky helped put in the White House.
View Quote

You said a bunch of things. None of them sound coherent.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

There was a thread that was moderated that had good Ukraine content only. Then they created this one and abandoned that one. If people want a moderated thread they should probably go back to the old one.
View Quote

That thread was moderated to death. It was fine when people who were deliberately threads sliding were booted, but in its final days if you even mentioned Trump or the American election or policies you were thread banned. The mods took that thread and executed it like a Bolshevik
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Thanks for the news updates guys, sorry I am unable to contribute like I did.  Suddenly got really busy the past few days.  A project I was supposed to work on in June was delayed  and looks like I am doing it now.
View Quote

Our loss.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
fair enough, but you T-D guys? That’s the meanest thing anyone has said to me here.
View Quote

Maybe unfair. I apologize. Maybe "Trump cynics" is more appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:34:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#7]
that’s a huge bitch
View Quote

And puts alot of Chinese military targets within range.

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I gotta say the ignore function makes this place tolerable.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Fine, you are right about that. I’ll start my own thread. People here who have time please go there and debate me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blueballs:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/this-gif-793.gif
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

You're spamming this thread, which is about updates on the war.  Post some updates or discuss the updates posted or GTFO.

The Mykhailivka railway bridge claims another, a Russian tank crew abandon their tank and the RU tank is later captured by UA forces apart of the 15th National Guard Brigade "Kara-Dag", Donetsk.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/1f9t2jx/the_mykhailivka_railway_bridge_claims_another_a/

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/this-gif-793.gif

Fine, you are right about that. I’ll start my own thread. People here who have time please go there and debate me.

I'm not seeing debate. Your 'opponents' tried to do that but you keep changing your approach. Debate is each side stand their ground and attempt to find middle ground. You have not been standing your ground other than the high level being obtuse.
itsallsotiresome.gif
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

Yikes. Hope you invested in a safeword
View Quote

Yes.

"elkaposztastalanitotam" Its a Hungarian word I can never say correct.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

That thread was moderated to death. It was fine when people who were deliberately threads sliding were booted, but in its final days if you even mentioned Trump or the American election or policies you were thread banned. The mods took that thread and executed it like a Bolshevik
View Quote

You either want a moderated thread or a free for all. There is no in between. Submit to the man like the last thread or have taste of anarchy. Freedom is a bitch sometimes. The guy people are complaining about are the same people engaging with him. Free speech is scary sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#12]

And puts slot of Chinese military targets within range.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLht4pGbcAAb0QF?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Japan is in a catch 22 as they know that means China will target them in return

So far none of the Pacific islands have been willing to host them {despite Mike Pompeo’s efforts}
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#13]

There was a thread that was moderated that had good Ukraine content only. Then they created this one and abandoned that one. If people want a moderated thread they should probably go back to the old one.
View Quote

We survived the Civil War, Germany bombing Pearl Harbor, and Jan6, we can survive cowboy if we stick together.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#14]

The OPs rules are not the forums rules. OP left a moderated thread for a free for all thread. These things will happen.
View Quote
True....

I guess it will run it's course and be back to business as usual
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

My AR looked like that every time I shot that Tula shit!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

You said a bunch of things. None of them sound coherent.
View Quote

Que the Bruce Willis "Welcome to the party pal" meme...
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

We survived the Civil War, Germany bombing Pearl Harbor, and Jan6, we can survive cowboy if we stick together.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
True....

I guess it will run it's course and be back to business as usual
View Quote

Yep!  

Now I have a question for the people in the know!

Ukraine seems to be getting hit more often and almost exclusively in civilian area.  From looking at air defense coverage maps it appears they have enough systems to cover cities like Kyiv and Lviv.  Is this simply an interceptor shortage? Where Ukraine is prioritizing saving military and critical infrastructure over civilian areas?  It’s well known that if Israel ever comes under massive bombardment they will save military and critical infrastructure first.

So does Ukraine not have enough interceptor missile’s? Or is it they lack launchers to cover these two cities?  From what I can find it’s a interceptor shortage.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Dude went from "Ukraine is America's #1 enemy" to now flying a Ukraine flag on his profile.  

https://i.ibb.co/rd9Fw7v/PoolLOL.jpg
View Quote

Well, there goes whatever credibility he had.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:52:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bikedamon] [#21]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Dude went from "Ukraine is America's #1 enemy" to now flying a Ukraine flag on his profile.  

https://i.ibb.co/rd9Fw7v/PoolLOL.jpg

He never had credibility.  In fact I found he was a good litmus test, in terms of the people that bring him up.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#22]

He never had credibility.  In fact I found he was a good litmus test, in terms of the people that bring him up.
View Quote

None of the pro- Russian trash have any credibility.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Fun fact: Russia was the fertile soil of Marxist Leninist communism. No, it's true I read about it in a book. They even had a name for it called SOVIET and they had a whole UNION. It was a crazy time and some people still remember it. Ukraine is trying to free themselves from Russia (the dudes flying Soviet flags on their tanks and praising Stalin, a famous communist from the old UNION days). That is why Russia attacked Ukraine: They were trying to get a divorce from the Marxist communists who attacked them and started killing them.

Tell me again which side you support.
View Quote

Don't feed the troll!
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

So far none of the Pacific islands have been willing to host them {despite Mike Pompeo’s efforts}
View All Quotes

Nope.  Just getting ahead of the curve.  If China invades Taiwan, Japan would have to go nuclear as the only alternative to China looking at them next.  

Technically, the Tomahawks aren't nukes anymore, but they could be again if required.  In any case, if Japan builds their own nukes, they would now have instant delivery systems if they fit into Tomahawk warheads.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:58:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Yep!  

Ukraine seems to be getting hit more often and almost exclusively in civilian area.  From looking at air defense coverage maps it appears they have enough systems to cover cities like Kyiv and Lviv.  Is this simply an interceptor shortage? Where Ukraine is prioritizing saving military and critical infrastructure over civilian areas?  It’s well known that if Israel ever comes under massive bombardment they will save military and critical infrastructure first.

So does Ukraine not have enough interceptor missile’s? Or is it they lack launchers to cover these two cities?  From what I can find it’s a interceptor shortage.
View Quote

Good question. I am not in the know... No one has enough to cover all critical targets, military or civilian. Not Ukraine, Israel, Russia, etc. especially when the attack is coming from your neighbor.

Most likely Russia changed tactics. yes I know they have been targeting civilian targets since day 1 but maybe now targeting areas no where near military targets in known civy areas far from any ADA shields.

I also hope Ukraine is shifting its ADA for some giant surprise attack and Mig trap to push Russia's shit in. But probably not. I hope Russia runs out of critical missiles before Ukraine runs out of hospitals, schools and shopping malls.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

We basically have one turd in the pool that either suffers from lead poisoning or fetal alcohol syndrome.

This thread was working just fine until 2-3 days ago.

Hopefully things will revert back to the norm soon.

Ignoring the turd would cure the problem.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#27]

I WAS joking when I said Xiden will reward Ukraine for good behavior and allow Norway to send ONE F16. I swear.
Is this a part of a one for one policy to replace the one that was lost?
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jwnc:

Nope.  Just getting ahead of the curve.  If China invades Taiwan, Japan would have to go nuclear as the only alternative to China looking at them next.  

Technically, the Tomahawks aren't nukes anymore, but they could be again if required.  In any case, if Japan builds their own nukes, they would now have instant delivery systems if they fit into Tomahawk warheads.
View Quote

Does anyone really think Japan will get nukes? And consider using them for anything short of Godzilla? Against China who has hundreds? They would be better off getting a shit ton of conventional missiles since even China will believe they may use them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Yes.

"elkaposztastalanitotam" Its a Hungarian word I can never say correct.
View Quote

Nice. "Harderdammit" is mine. I believe it's German and it hasn't worked yet but I'm stubborn I guess
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#30]
The Economist: As his popularity fades, Volodymyr Zelensky culls his cabinet

https://www.economist.com/europe/2024/09/04/as-his-popularity-fades-volodymyr-zelensky-culls-his-cabinet

Reminder archive.is is a good paywall zapper

ON WEDNESDAY UKRAINE’S parliament convened to approve an unexpected wave of resignations. It was the start of President Volodymyr Zelensky’s first major wartime shake-up, a merry-go-round of promotions and dispatches to irrelevance. The president had wanted a quick show to bamboozle his way to the headlines. The result, which saw even members of his own party mocking the proceedings, and three of the seven votes failing, hinted at increasing dysfunction within the government.
Given the centralisation that has already happened during wartime, the ministerial changes are unlikely to have a serious impact—either on the government or the front lines in eastern Ukraine, which are looking increasingly precarious. Several sources, however, describe the changes as a further consolidation of power around Volodymyr Zelensky’s influential chief of staff Andriy Yermak. “They had loyal people around them,” says Yaroslav Zhelezhnyk, an opposition MP. “But they now have even more loyal ones.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

No kidding ...  I caught a thread ban for saying I hoped things would improve.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Does anyone really think Japan will get nukes? And consider using them for anything short of Godzilla? Against China who has hundreds? They would be better off getting a shit ton of conventional missiles since even China will believe they may use them.
View All Quotes

Yes.  Japan is about 3x further than Taiwan.  SK is about 2X as far.  Neither is an insurmountable invasion distance if they are successful with Taiwan at 100 miles.  China would have to rebuild its invasion fleet, but they would be the next targets.  MAD doesn't require an even number of nukes, it requires that your enemy understands that even if a few get through, Bejing, Shanghai, Chongqing, , then China loses as much population as all of Japan.  Hundreds or thousands of conventional missiles will not change the facts and logistics of 1.3B vs 100M population bases.  I would be surprised if Japan doesn't already have a few.

SK would also do the same thing.  As I mentioned before, they will both make them like Toyotas, high quality and high volume.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Why is this thread different to the mods?  Just trying to understand the rules.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

There’s been public grumbling in South Korea but so far the governments in Seoul and Tokyo are maintaining a no nukes policy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Spreads out the Chinese ballistic missiles to other targets besides Taiwan and brings a slew of countries into the party so the speak.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#36]

I WAS joking when I said Xiden will reward Ukraine for good behavior and allow Norway to send ONE F16. I swear.
Is this a part of a one for one policy to replace the one that was lost?
View Quote

5 total by the end of the year from what I read
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

As a treaty bound US ally, Japan has the US nuclear umbrella. Anybody that nuked Japan would get a taste of it right back courtesy of the US Navy. Delivered hot in less than 30 minutes or the next one is free.

Nobody nukes Japan and gets away with it but us.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Per Japan’s government website

https://www.mofa.go.jp/policy/un/disarmament/index.html#:~:text=As%20the%20only%20country%20to,increasing%20transparency%20in%20military%20armaments

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Maybe unfair. I apologize. Maybe "Trump cynics" is more appropriate.
View Quote
my cynicism extends to both parties and candidates. I lived and worked in dc for the man for  a long time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I got a warning for posting the word Congress along with weapon aid to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Yep!  

So does Ukraine not have enough interceptor missile’s? Or is it they lack launchers to cover these two cities?  From what I can find it’s an interceptor shortage.
View Quote

Relevant aid packages for the Patriot from the US approved funding are delayed into the fall and there’s this https://www.voanews.com/amp/ukraine-needs-25-patriot-air-defense-systems-and-more-f-16-warplanes-zelenskyy-says/7699266.html
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Per Japan’s government website

https://www.mofa.go.jp/policy/un/disarmament/index.html#:~:text=As%20the%20only%20country%20to,increasing%20transparency%20in%20military%20armaments

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_1827-3314321.jpg

Eyeing China, Japan lifts longtime restrictions to allow major defense buildup
December 16, 2022
https://www.npr.org/2022/12/16/1143017026/japan-defense-spending-weapons-buildup-rearming

in·​scru·​ta·​ble in-ˈskrü-tə-bəl :   not readily investigated, interpreted, or understood
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Spreads out the Chinese ballistic missiles to other targets besides Taiwan and brings a slew of countries into the party so the speak.
View Quote

While true the Pacific islands are all pro China but 3 and those 3 have mixed views on the ramifications despite being pro US and Japan is still despite defense increases largely pacifist at heart and like most of East Asia just wants to maintain the status quo. Much of the world feels if you ignore a problem it will go away
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Eyeing China, Japan lifts longtime restrictions to allow major defense buildup
December 16, 2022
https://www.npr.org/2022/12/16/1143017026/japan-defense-spending-weapons-buildup-rearming

in·​scru·​ta·​ble in-ˈskrü-tə-bəl :   not readily investigated, interpreted, or understood
View Quote

The question remains if the government that initiated that defense increase will survive ti maintain it or if new elected Japanese administrations will continue it as it’s a 5 year program

Also the defense increase has no nuclear weapon component
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#45]
that’s a huge bitch
View Quote

Kinda related
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:40:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GoldenMead] [#46]

Relevant aid packages for the Patriot from the US approved funding are delayed into the fall and there’s this https://www.voanews.com/amp/ukraine-needs-25-patriot-air-defense-systems-and-more-f-16-warplanes-zelenskyy-says/7699266.html
View Quote

Looking at current production rates, US is producing 500 and Japan at 30 a year. We will increase to 650 by end 2027 and Japan at 60.

It’s safe to say we are burning through interceptors far faster than they are being produced.  Zelenskyy wants 25 patriot systems to defend the whole country. So that’s 8 launchers per battery and 4 missiles per launcher. That would mean 704 missiles needed for all 25 batteries. That’s more than we will produce in a year.  So each launcher gets to fully launch once and then they have to wait a full year for replacements.  

Safe to say we have a production problem.  Hopefully Irans hundreds of missiles don’t arrive anytime soon.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Japan’s economy is also like much of the world having difficulty https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/08/business/japan-yen-defense-spending.html

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Kinda related
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
that’s a huge bitch

Kinda related

*snort* lol.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:43:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#49]

Looking at current production rates, US is producing 500 and Japan at 30 a year. We will increase to 650 by end 2027 and Japan at 60.

It’s safe to say we are burning through interceptors far faster than they are being produced.  Zelenskyy wants 25 patriot systems to defend the whole country. So that’s 8 launchers per battery and 4 missiles per launcher. That would mean 704 missiles needed for all 25 batteries. That’s more than we will produce in a year.  So each launcher gets to full launch once and then they have to wait a full year for replacements.  

Safe to say we have a production problem.  Hopefully Irans hundreds of missiles don’t arrive anytime soon.
View Quote

As I posted in May of 2022 in the big Ukraine thread - air defense would be a huge issue

{I didn’t state in that 2022 post but I meant for the world not just Ukraine including Russia, Iran and China as everyone is behind the curve}
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:46:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GoldenMead] [#50]

As I posted in May of 2022 in the big Ukraine thread - air defense would be a huge issue

{I didn’t state in that 2022 post but I meant for the world not just Ukraine including Russia, Iran and China as everyone is behind the curve}
View Quote

And you were correct!!!  Hopefully the big Tiger doesn’t decide to start a fight!  Big decisions will be made to see who will get those interceptors and I have a hunch we will be keeping them all in that scenario.

Page / 470
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top