BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 472
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

11 years to build a ship is just staggering. I know they're the third most complicated machines on the planet, but 11 years? Surely Stennis & Bush could be available a whole lot sooner if we were in a jam, right? And Kennedy could wrap sooner? Right?

Maybe we need to hold off on decommissioning Nimitz.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:
The USS Theodore Roosevelt has left the Middle East and is now heading for San Diego.  We pulled the Roosevelt out of the west pacific to assist Israel.  We still don’t have a CSG deployed to the Pacific.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-navy-aircraft-carrier-left-middle-east-ending-show-force-2024-9

11 years to build a ship is just staggering. I know they're the third most complicated machines on the planet, but 11 years? Surely Stennis & Bush could be available a whole lot sooner if we were in a jam, right? And Kennedy could wrap sooner? Right?

I honestly don't understand why we are TBH.

Do another 2-1/2 year refit. Make it a 3 or 4 year refit to really spruce the old girl up so she's looks and operates like she's brand fucking new. Hells bells, incorporate some of the changes from the Ford class if you can.

We're gonna need carriers and a lot of them a whole lot sooner than 11 years if things continue to go this badly.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:53:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#2]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Do another 2-1/2 year refit. Make it a 3 or 4 year refit to really spruce the old girl up so she's looks and operates like she's brand fucking new. Hells bells, incorporate some of the changes from the Ford class if you can.

We're gonna need carriers and a lot of them a whole lot sooner than 11 years if things continue to go this badly.
View All Quotes
The USS Theodore Roosevelt has left the Middle East and is now heading for San Diego.  We pulled the Roosevelt out of the west pacific to assist Israel.  We still don’t have a CSG deployed to the Pacific.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-navy-aircraft-carrier-left-middle-east-ending-show-force-2024-9

Attachment Attached File

2 year old article.

https://www.twz.com/b-2s-first-launch-of-stealthy-jassm-er-cruise-missile-disclosed

https://www.voronoiapp.com/geopolitics/Who-Rules-the-Waves-US-and-Chinese-Fleets-by-Tonnage-1345

Key Takeaways

The U.S. Navy has over 3.6 million (U.S.) tons of ships in its fleet, nearly twice the size of China’s combined fleets of just over 2 million tons.

While China boasts the largest number of ships, 1,015 between both the PLA Navy and the Chinese Coast Guard, against the U.S. Navy’s 364, they are generally smaller and less advanced than their U.S. counterparts.

The Chinese Coast Guard has received many of the PLA Navy’s older ships, however the vast majority of their ships are patrol and coastal combatants that average 711 tons apiece and aren’t able to sail far from China’s coast.

Even as the U.S. Navy edges out the PLA Navy across almost every ship type, China does hold a 16:1 edge in tonnage of landing ships and craft, reflecting the Asian superpower’s stated policy goal of reunifying Taiwan with the mainland.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

A buddy of mine has a saying, It's harder for the Russians to not lie than it is to tell the truth.
View Quote

Sounds like a bunch of the criminals I deal with.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
1843ET
Videos at link if you have TG.

💥Cotton.
Arrival in Mariupol district. The attack has been going on for half an hour, Russian air defense is not capable.
Hitting in the triangle p. Portovske village Rybatske and Melekine (again). Detonation is present immediately after impact.
Zarevo can be seen 10 km away. from the point of impact in Mangush.
Then the results should be excellent. Especially considering the concentration of air defense settlements in this triangle 🤞

UPD. also pre-hitting between Mangush and Mariupol. Mass detonation at all points. In view of the thunderstorm that is approaching today, the city will have a sleepless night.

UPD 2: Left Bank area and Northeast from Maruipol in the direction of Donetsk pleasant glow of fire and detonation.
It's good how. It feels like they decided to work out all the coordinates for a year in a week)🤞🥳

https://t.me/andriyshTime/27224
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:04:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
All in that ass. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GXTy0IRWwAARh_Q?format=jpg&name=mediumhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/GXTy0J2WwAINVBG?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

How Happy......... Even Funny..... You could say it makes me....... Merry

(The village Beceloe is like an adjective or synonym of sorts for those English words)
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

<This is exactly why Russia and China are emboldened. America hasn't been this far in the hole financially since the height of WWII. Now you throw the specter of world war on an incredibly indebted nation and it's easy to see why our competitors are acting out, taking advantage of what they see as a golden opportunity.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

I think most agree with that, it’s definitely been said enough.  But you need to convince the people in charge first. Also we’re now paying $1 trillion on just servicing the National debt a year and we are borrowing $1 trillion every 90 days.

<This is exactly why Russia and China are emboldened. America hasn't been this far in the hole financially since the height of WWII. Now you throw the specter of world war on an incredibly indebted nation and it's easy to see why our competitors are acting out, taking advantage of what they see as a golden opportunity.

May want to look at debt to gdp ratio sport.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Putin’s speech on the US letting Ukraine strike deep into Russia. For those that are interested. And yes ignore the guy who posted the video, just watch the video.
View Quote

Or the commies could just go home.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Israeli Commando Raid In Syria Sends A Message To Iran That Its Underground Bases Are Not Untouchable

"The raid, which took place September 9, “obliterated” the facility, located in northwestern Syria near the Lebanese border, The New York Times reported, citing unnamed American and other Western officials. “A number of people” were killed at the site, those sources said. It is located about 140 miles north of Israel."
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Matanzas:

That’s laughable. Ukraine cannot win no matter how much support we give. That’s reality, regardless of what Biden and Kamala say.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By absael:
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Putin's speech on the US letting Ukraine strike deep into Russia. For those that are interested. And yes ignore the guy who posted the video, just watch the video.

These high precision Western weapons have been blowing up Russians in Crimea and other parts of Occupied Ukraine for months now.

I think Putin is bluffing again with more red line BS.
I agree, but whether he is or not, Ukraine cannot be allowed to lose, and something is going to have to change to make that happen.

That’s laughable. Ukraine cannot win no matter how much support we give. That’s reality, regardless of what Biden and Kamala say.

Sad but I kinda agree with this.

Hopefully I'm.proved wrong with that upcoming fall offensive theyaynbe planning in the south.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Prime:
1843ET
Videos at link if you have TG.

💥Cotton.
Arrival in Mariupol district. The attack has been going on for half an hour, Russian air defense is not capable.
Hitting in the triangle p. Portovske village Rybatske and Melekine (again). Detonation is present immediately after impact.
Zarevo can be seen 10 km away. from the point of impact in Mangush.
Then the results should be excellent. Especially considering the concentration of air defense settlements in this triangle 🤞

UPD. also pre-hitting between Mangush and Mariupol. Mass detonation at all points. In view of the thunderstorm that is approaching today, the city will have a sleepless night.

UPD 2: Left Bank area and Northeast from Maruipol in the direction of Donetsk pleasant glow of fire and detonation.
It's good how. It feels like they decided to work out all the coordinates for a year in a week)🤞🥳

https://t.me/andriyshTime/27224
View Quote

🔴ATTENTION:
There were strong explosions from the Melekino side, air defense was working on the enemy's UAV. For the second day in a row, they are trying to launch a massive attack on Mariupol and the immediate vicinity!

IMMEDIATELY TAKE SECURITY MEASURES

https://t.me/rezervsvo/71865

❗️It's been banging constantly for a long time, right now it's loud, the windows are shaking in some areas

https://t.me/mariupolnow/47654

❗️Judging by the sounds over these few hours, there were definitely arrivals, perhaps we will find out the result later..
Somewhere in the direction of Melekino/Mangush

https://t.me/mariupolnow/47661

❗️Judging by how many hours the explosions have been going on, it is definitely the ammunition depot on the Mangush side that is detonating

https://t.me/mariupolnow/47663

‼️About 50 UAVs attack Mariupol.

A BK warehouse is hit 🤬

🇷🇺

https://t.me/atypicalday/43419

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Maybe we need to put naval Elon Musk in charge of streamlining ship building!
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#15]
1654ET
A group of UAVs from Odessa region in the direction of Crimea.

https://t.me/radar_ru_russiaa/4157

1750ET
2-3 UAVs towards Kaluga region.
Moscow region - attention to UAVs starting from 3:15.

https://t.me/radar_ru_russiaa/4162

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Vovk, accused of murdering Dugina, served in the Ukrainian Armed Forces

A Ukrainian citizen has been charged in absentia with murder in a generally dangerous manner by a group of persons by prior conspiracy and motivated by political hatred

MOSCOW, September 12. /TASS/. Ukrainian citizen Natalia Vovk, accused of murdering Darya Dugina, served in the Ukrainian Armed Forces. This is stated in court documents available to TASS.

"Vovk N.P., accused of committing a particularly serious crime against life as part of an organized group, has the necessary level of military training and conspiracy, due to her service in the Armed Forces of Ukraine," the case materials say.

Vovk was charged in absentia with murder in a generally dangerous manner by a group of persons by prior conspiracy and motivated by political hatred. She was arrested in absentia and placed on the international wanted list.

29-year-old Dugina died on the evening of August 20, 2022, when her car was blown up on Mozhaisk Highway near the village of Bolshiye Vyazemy in the Odintsovo urban district of the Moscow region. On August 22, the FSB Public Relations Center of Russia TASS reported that Dugina's murder had been solved. Later, the FSB stated that Vovk was considered involved in this crime. After committing the crime, Vovk and her daughter left for Estonia through the Pskov region. The special service clarified that Vovk rented an apartment in the house where Dugina lived to organize the murder.

https://tass.ru/proisshestviya/21842131

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Best Central News Agency

Large-scale strategic command staff training begins in Russia ,
President Putin emphasizes that military force will protect the country's sovereignty

2024.9.13. Rodong Sinmun, page 6

Russia began a large-scale strategic command and staff exercise, Ocean-2024, on the 10th.
Russian President Vladimir Putin attended the training via video conference and gave an opening speech.
He said that the Russian Armed Forces are conducting a large-scale command and staff exercise like “Ocean-2024” for the first time in 30 years, and that the exercise will allow soldiers to practice attack methods using high-precision weapons and test the combat readiness of the Navy and Aerospace Forces.
He stated that the United States is attempting to destroy the security structure and balance of power that has formed in the Asia-Pacific region by achieving military superiority through its aggressive actions, and is in fact encouraging an arms race without any regard for the security of its European and Asian allies.
The United States is plotting a strategic defeat for Russia and is actively conducting military activities near the Russian border for this purpose, he said, revealing that the United States and its followers are strengthening their military presence near Russia's western border, the Arctic, and the Asia-Pacific region under the pretext of dealing with some kind of "Russian threat" and deterring China. He criticized that the United States has already begun actions to deploy its missile systems to the Asia-Pacific region and is openly talking about it.
He stressed that Russia will strengthen its navy, including its strategic nuclear components, while saying that the Russian armed forces must be prepared to reliably protect the country's sovereignty and national interests and repel military aggression from any direction, including the oceans and seas.
About 400 ships and over 90,000 soldiers participated in the strategic command and staff training exercise “Ocean-2024.”
The training will be conducted simultaneously in the waters of the Pacific, Arctic, Mediterranean, Caspian and Baltic Seas.

【Korean Central News Agency】

http://www.rodong.rep.kp/ko/index.php?MTJAMjAyNC0wOS0xMy1OMDIwQDJAMkBAMEAxNw==

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#18]

❗️🇷🇺🇺🇦 Kursk direction: counterattacks of the Russian army in the Sudzhansky and Korenevsky districts
situation by the end of September 12, 2024

In the Kursk region, Russian units are building on the success of the previous days, displacing the Ukrainian Armed Forces from many previously occupied settlements at once.

🔻In the Korenevsky district, the Russian Armed Forces cleared the settlement of Krasnooktyabrskoye. As a trophy, Russian troops got an abandoned armored vehicle International MaxxPro. The enemy also attacked an assault group in the Vishnevka area with a drone, and later the Russian Defense Ministry reported its liberation. And in Snagosti, a detachment of Ukrainian fighters fell into an organized ambush on the southern outskirts of the village: a minibus with members of the Ukrainian Armed Forces was shot at point-blank range with an RPG.

▪️In addition, Russian troops liberated Obukhovka and advanced in the direction of the Pokrovsky farm in the Sudzhansky district. The enemy was driven out of the outskirts of Byakhovo, Gordeyevka, Vnezapnoye and Viktorovka. At the same time, fighting continues to the north in Olgovka, where the Russian Armed Forces are repelling attempts by the Ukrainian Armed Forces to penetrate deep into the Russian defenses.

🔻In the Glushkovsky district, Ukrainian formations continue to unsuccessfully attack in the direction of the outskirts of the settlements of Medvezhye and Novy Put. In the latter, the IMR-2 obstacle clearance vehicle even managed to drive several hundred meters before it hit a mine. At the moment, fighting continues in the area of ​​the state border line, the enemy's attempts to gain a foothold in the villages have been thwarted.

🔻In the Sudzhansky district, a Russian BMD fired point-blank at Ukrainian positions in Russkaya Konopelka, at the moment the village is mostly under the control of the Russian Armed Forces. Fighting continues in the area of ​​Martynovka and Fanaseyevka.

▪️The enemy has published footage of shelling of Russian positions in the area of ​​Malaya Loknya. However, due to the lack of destruction in the village in the published video, the footage is most likely archival.

https://t.me/rybar/63459

Kursk direction on the evening of 12.09.24: assault on Lyubimovka...

Today, the key battle in the Kursk theater of military operations was the assault by our units (here, clarification, the 51st regiment did not take part in it, but the 137th regiment and the 155th Marine Brigade did) on the settlement of Lyubimovka.

Moreover, in the morning, the Marines bypassed the village from the southwest and tried to enter it right away, but were repelled. The guys from the 137th regiment also failed to enter and consolidate their positions in Lyubimovka. Here, as expected, the enemy managed to build a serious defense, which is held not by “one-day mobilizers,” but by quite seasoned units.

But the enemy has few of these here so far, and therefore they were only enough to create a focal defense, which allowed us to bypass the settlement of Lyubimovka from the south and even the southeast through the settlement of Tolsty Lug by evening. Thus, pushing the remaining Ukrainian units back beyond the Snagost River.

Here is a natural line of defense, which the enemy decided to rely on.

Thus, although we did not take Lyubimovka by the evening, the village is already essentially in an operational encirclement. However, given the terrain, we need to either take it or try to bypass it from the north. The battles for Lyubimovka continue.

I would also like to correct the daytime information. There were no serious attacks on Olgovka and Kremyana.

Well, just like yesterday, the enemy south of Glushkovo, with small forces harassed our defense from the Sumy region in the area of ​​the villages of Novy Put and Medvezhye, but this was noticeably weaker than yesterday. This means that either the enemy does not have serious reserves here, or for some reason he did not transfer them here. In general, ours repelled these attempts quite easily.

Keep your fingers crossed and pray for the guys.

https://t.me/yurasumy/17919

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#20]
AP: North Korea discloses a uranium enrichment facility as Kim calls for more nuclear weaponsAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#21]

🇷🇺🇺🇦 Chronicle of a special military operation
for September 12, 2024

Russian troops launched another series of strikes on enemy targets in various regions of the so-called Ukraine. One of the hits hit the 330 kV Konotop substation, which caused temporary problems with the power supply in the village of the same name.

In turn, Ukrainian formations again launched drones over the Murmansk region. Russian anti-aircraft gunners intercepted enemy drones in the Olenegorsk area, seven kilometers from the Olenya airfield.

In the Kursk direction, Russian troops are advancing in the Korenevsky and Sudzhansky districts: during the fighting over the past 24 hours, several settlements were liberated.

In the Kupyansko-Svatovsky direction, units of the Russian Armed Forces expanded the control zone north of Peschanoye, occupying one of the forest belts.

In the Pokrovsk direction, Ukrainian formations carried out a counterattack northeast of Novogrodovka, landing troops in the Orlovka area.

In the Donetsk direction, successes of the Russian Armed Forces are recorded west of Krasnogorovka in the direction of Ostrom.

https://t.me/rybar/63462

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#22]

China’s navy will be fighting close to its mainland and will have a shield of ballistic missiles from the mainland to assist it.  We have to cross an ocean to fight. We will need all the ships we can get.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By GBTX01:

Maybe we need to put naval Elon Musk in charge of streamlining ship building!
View Quote

Would probably produce something out of the old Robotech cartoons.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#24]
❗️Around 12:40, the enemy hit Borova, Kharkiv region

As a result of the impact, one person died and seven others were injured. Houses and shops are on fire.

The administration added that the enemy used a double strike tactic.

Upd: 2 dead.

Upd2: 9 wounded.

🫡https://t.me/operativnoZSU/

https://t.me/operativnoZSU/157239

❗️As of 22:00, as a result of the attack on Borova, Kharkiv region, 3 people died, another 9 were injured - Kharkiv Regional Prosecutor's Office

🫡https://t.me/operativnoZSU/

https://t.me/operativnoZSU/157291

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#25]
for those inclined
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Wasn't it you that brought up the possibility of infiltration by the PLA and plans for sabotage? (I could be misremembering)

Could be the guys that are good at sabotaging can red team pretty well...

The seaborn invasion scenario seems more and more far fetched. Personally, I think China will try and hit four or five key points around the Pacific, and then try for a "popular coup" that will be really well armed infiltrators.
View Quote

Maybe but probably just theorizing of possibilities. I think most people agree that PLA infiltration is very likely to be a big problem.

I'm not sure how things will go down. Slow, involving a blockage of Taiwan or fast involving missile attacks. Or both and may also involve a distraction, like the Norks spouting off. Whatever happens, it will be well planned and will not be straight forward like a plain simple D-Day invasion.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:04:15 PM EDT
[#27]

We have 42 NASCAR tracks, 30 MLB stadiums, 30 NBA stadiums and 32 NFL stadiums along with countless college and high school ball stadiums of all flavors, little league and state and regional car race tracks. Uncounted motorcycle tracks of all flavors, UFC, boxing, wrasslin', and those fucking bicyclist. Did I forget anyone? If I did feel free to add them to the list.

Now, I'm not saying sports ball isn't good for kids to play, it is, and the skills they learn are invaluable in life. But let's face it, when it comes to college and pro level, those are your modern day colosseums.

Oh, and if I hear pickle ball one more God Damn time I'm gonna look it up to figure out what it is and find the goose stepping fuckwit that invented it and haunt his ass when I die.
View Quote

Agree on all counts. AND we have Taylor Swift.

p.s. user name checks out
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Bryansk Governor

Our air defense forces continue to destroy enemy UAVs over the territory of the Bryansk region.
Two more aircraft-type unmanned aerial vehicles were detected and destroyed by air defense units of the Russian Defense Ministry.
There were no casualties or damage.
Operational and emergency services are working.

Thank you to our valiant defenders!🇷🇺

https://t.me/avbogomaz/8310

Four more enemy UAVs of the aircraft type were detected and destroyed by the air defense forces of the Russian Defense Ministry over the Bryansk region.
There were no casualties or damage. Operational and emergency services are working on the scene.

Thank you to our air defense units!

https://t.me/avbogomaz/8311

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:15:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ITCHY-FINGER] [#29]

View Quote

user name checks out!

How would you or anyone else know? We haven't tried it yet. Unless we consider 31 Abrams (timed strategically to arrive a year too late) and the Bradley and M113 as maximum effort. Everything we have sent has been purely defensive along with "code-pink" level ROE.

Ukraine stopped the fucking RED ARMY cold on their own with a few Javelins and NLAWs (along with a lot of brave sacrifice). They saved their country and pushed the Russians back. Had the US supplied just the crap rusting in storage I think they could have pushed the Russians back to the 2022 pre-invasion borders and probably negotiated favorably in strength.

The only thing Xided and Kamala have said is "don't"...when Zelensky asked to use the donated weapons on the Russians...They tried the same defeatist bullshit with Israel.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TaxPayer77:

We should then give Uke bros all the toys so Putty Pute can declare war on NATO/US like he is currently saying. Sounds like it is escalating, so I guess that's good for the Cheney/Bush machine.
View Quote

Russia and Putty Putt are less frightening when you are sober. Putin will not nuke US and get obliterated in return because we slapped his peepee in Ukraine. Don't panic!
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Putin's speech on the US letting Ukraine strike deep into Russia. For those that are interested. And yes ignore the guy who posted the video, just watch the video.
View Quote
Putin plainly states Ukraine is incapable of using these precision long range missiles, only US and NATO know how to use them

Putin doesn't have much of an army left, just nukes
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

The lack of OPSEC by this administration and how transparent it's been with aid and strategy throughout this war is clown world stupid. "Talk softly and carry a big stick" got overruled by "boiling the frog".
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:48:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By jebsofnga:

How Happy......... Even Funny..... You could say it makes me....... Merry

(The village Beceloe is like an adjective or synonym of sorts for those English words)
View Quote

Someone posted how Russia was counter attacking in Kursk.

I don't think he's smiling now
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Real Ukraine interviews - are Ukrainians ready to negotiate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMT1Gw-1ZNM

I've never seen evidence that these interviews are other than what they appear - random street interviews. I've not seen indication that they are curated or cherry-picked to favor specific outcomes.

ETA - Headshot interviews young Russians - is Putin a cool guy? Quite the mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOj_maHAsrc
View Quote

They're afraid to say anything negative on camera.
I think that says it all.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 2:39:20 AM EDT
[#36]

China’s navy will be fighting close to its mainland and will have a shield of ballistic missiles from the mainland to assist it.  We have to cross an ocean to fight. We will need all the ships we can get.
View Quote

Plus this graphic assumes raw tonnage as the major metric of power. In reality current conflict relies on masses of smaller, decentralized, and harder-to-find/harder-to-target forces.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 3:56:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 4:10:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 9/13/2024 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By daemon734:

Plus this graphic assumes raw tonnage as the major metric of power. In reality current conflict relies on masses of smaller, decentralized, and harder-to-find/harder-to-target forces.
View Quote

Larger ships have more capability, range, endurance and survivability. They generate more electrical power, have more and larger sensors, more armaments and larger aviation sections. There is a reason that most navies are getting larger ships with each generation. Chinese ships aren’t just (typically) smaller than US ships they are less capable. That trade, to keep costs lower and make the ships harder to find, may have some value to China but the US cannot operate that way across the ocean.

China has half the VLS cells that the US has and when you count allied nations VLS cells China will likely face parity in cell counts on day 1. They can reload more quickly though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 5:07:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#41]
China’s Xi Jinping to visit Russia next month for the BRICS summit

https://apnews.com/article/russia-china-ukraine-brics-xi-jinping-visit-3f6e07b705ec634c458a2b89e37614c8
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:42:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Russia and Putty Putt are less frightening when you are sober. Putin will not nuke US and get obliterated in return because we slapped his peepee in Ukraine. Don't panic!
View Quote

Why do we have so many the assets over the drink then? Why are there like a dozen P8's on our coasts every day?  Flex on the poors? We are trillions in debt. War is the answer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GXU0z9EWEAAK5Ub?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Sometimes lost equipment is just that, lost equipment. It isn't always in use. Areas near the action can be victim to random strikes. This is from earlier in the year. Working through some videos I have.

Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:50:16 AM EDT
[#46]
30 sec video.   killing and eating log at night. very nice.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:51:50 AM EDT
[#47]
15 sec video. strange indeed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:55:17 AM EDT
[#48]
"I would not attach excessive importance to the latest statements from President Putin." #Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk says he's not worried by Putin's comments that Moscow would view Western missiles being fired into Russia as a serious escalation of the war. "They rather show the difficult situation the Russians have on the front." https://bbc.co.uk/news/live/c7858qqzyv8t?post=asset%3Ab89060d6-aecc-4bdc-b0bd-0c1dd8a6819f#post
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Daily Ukraine map thread for Thursday 12th September 2024

Highlights: Very large (~40+) mechanized attack by Russia on Hostre, hit by 46th Airmobile. We're waiting to see what comes from the footage, but looks like substantial losses despite Russia reaching the village

Ukrainian forces attacking west of where Russia is attacking in Kursk. It looks like Russia has cleared Krasnooktyabrskoe, Vishnevka and Snagost at this point, whilst Ukrainian forces attacked towards Veseloe, south of Glushkovo.

Small Russian advances marked near Kalinina in the Chasiv Yar direction, in Hrodivka in the Pokrovsk direction and also marked south of Synkivka in the Kupiansk direction

Map: https://uacontrolmap.com

View Quote

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:24:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
15 sec video. strange indeed.
View Quote

Hilarious for at least two reasons.

Page / 472
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top