Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want as many people with a pistol brace as possible. So that.
View Quote
This.

Crank em out, Uncle Palmetto!
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#2]
SBR for me. Waiting on 2 stamps that should be here in July. To each their own. I personally think braces look gay as fuck but that’s just my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two braces, no SBRs. They were recently re-legalized in Iowa but I haven't taken the plunge yet. Out of curiosity, do you have to notify ATF if you cross state lines with an SBR'd lower but keep a 16" upper on it?
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The only reason I'm not 100% sold is the potential for ATF ruling reversal down the road
View Quote
Why not give them the finger (which these braces represent) right up until that happens? Presumably you can go the SBR route in the future if needed.

If you want to avoid things that *might* be banned someday just go ahead and get rid of your adjustable stocks, flash hiders, binary triggers, m855, "barrel shrouds", shoulder uppy things...
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have both as well and say brace is better.  My SB PDW brace feels as good as my SBRs, I think looks better, and there's no wait!  If the ATF changes their mind I'll need to start mailing in forms annually to cross state lines and not have it concealed.....

@RNB32 I believe you'd be violating the law with a once a rifle always a rifle by putting a pistol brace on a rifle lower.
View Quote
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ruling/2011-4-pistols-configured-rifles-rifles-configured-pistols/download

I believe that this applies to reconfiguring pistol->rifle->pistol. I intentionally build my ARs as pistols first to maintain compliance. That said, I've never needed to do so.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have two braces, no SBRs. They were recently re-legalized in Iowa but I haven't taken the plunge yet. Out of curiosity, do you have to notify ATF if you cross state lines with an SBR'd lower but keep a 16" upper on it?
View Quote
No, at that point it is no longer considered an SBR. You could even sell it to some random dude FTF if your state allows.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 1:32:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They are both sub-optimal for different reasons. Hence why I made this meme.

"Gay" work-around vs Bootlicker permission slip. It's just a regular gun with a shorter barrel, and yet it's jail-worthy somehow if you don't dance the robot just right. At least machine guns and supressors do something unique to "deserve" to be regulated.

(No I don't support regulating suppressors or MGs).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/75400/IMG_7078-567047.JPG
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 1:36:38 AM EDT
[#8]
both

i have two sbr lowers for when im not traveling.

have a PSA pistol lower sba3 for when crossing state lines because our gun laws were written by a retarded child.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 1:59:30 AM EDT
[#9]
What gun?

MP5?   Need to SBR that bitch

AR?

Get both

CZ Scorpion?    Old school 32acp Vz61 SBR.    New 9mm one brace is good, but I am going SBR just as a personal choice.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:19:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd rather have an SBR but until they are no longer regulated. This will have to do

Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:23:02 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Gay" work-around vs Bootlicker permission slip. It's just a regular gun with a shorter barrel, and yet it's jail-worthy somehow if you don't dance the robot just right. At least machine guns and supressors do something unique to "deserve" to be regulated.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/403845/sigbrace-567295.JPG
My meme spoofs yours. Not the other way around.

I admit that pistol braces are kinda gay. But the NFA route is not really any better.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:29:24 AM EDT
[#12]
12" 6.5 Grendel with Maxim PDW Brace

Works over the steel out to 800yds so far.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:41:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
-SBRs and SBS allow home owners to defend themselves better against threats in enclosed spaces.
-Silencers allow people to defend themselves without having to worry about significant hearing loss.    They will still most likely suffer hearing loss.   Just not as much.
-Machine guns allow people to defend themselves against just about any foreseeable threat on the individual level which is why they are the weapon of choice for the US Government.
-DD's allow you to defend yourself in extreme circumstances against heavily armored invaders.

In other words, anything that could help you protect yourself or your family from threats scaling from the common ghetto rat to a group of armed thugs trained to be soldiers (cough CARTELS cough) is heavily restricted or banned under the guise of "somebody bad could use it" and yet they aren't so terrible in and of themselves for the US government to stop using them.

At the same time:
-Real, actual violent criminals are given a slap on the wrist in our revolving door we call a legal system.

-Our borders are left wide open and people are actually encouraged to flock here.  
-Our laws against illegals go unenforced or under-enforced.

-A rather sizable chunk of "gun crimes" against real criminals either aren't prosecuted or are plead down to lesser charges.
-More and more onerous laws are passed to prevent law abiding citizens from defending themselves.

It's almost like a pattern is emerging but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:47:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a serious hankering for an SBA3.

I have no SBRs. More on principle than anything else. If you want to spend $200 + stock price you do you.

Bur this whole, "braces are gay" shit really should stop. Makes you look like a petulant middle schooler.
View Quote
And the whole tax stamps are a waste of money or no needing a permission slip is just as equally petulant as a middle schooler. Neither side has the higher ground here. You're all just out to burn those that you perceive as heritics to the 2A as you envision it.

We're on the same team.

I only do SBR's and will never own a pistol. Not worth it to me and it's a waste of my money and resources. I don't care if anyone wants to do a pistol. You do you, and don't worry about what I do or the other SBR fans think or feel.

Fair is fair and that's the only way to meet a compromise.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:54:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Registered or non- Registered; which is "better"?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:54:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
-SBRs and SBS allow home owners to defend themselves better against threats in enclosed spaces.
-Silencers allow people to defend themselves without having to worry about significant hearing loss.    They will still most likely suffer hearing loss.   Just not as much.
-Machine guns allow people to defend themselves against just about any foreseeable threat on the individual level which is why they are the weapon of choice for the US Government.
-DD's allow you to defend yourself in extreme circumstances against heavily armored invaders.

In other words, anything that could help you protect yourself or your family from threats scaling from the common ghetto rat to a group of armed thugs trained to be soldiers (cough CARTELS cough) is heavily restricted or banned under the guise of "somebody bad could use it" and yet they aren't so terrible in and of themselves for the US government to stop using them.

At the same time:
-Real, actual violent criminals are given a slap on the wrist in our revolving door we call a legal system.

-Our borders are left wide open and people are actually encouraged to flock here.  

-A rather sizable chunk of "gun crimes" against real criminals either aren't prosecuted or are plead down to lesser charges.
-More and more onerous laws are passed to prevent law abiding citizens from defending themselves.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At the same time:

Again, I agree with you 100%. I don't support the NFA in any way—not even for DDs. I think I worded that post improperly. My point was only that MGs and suppressors have a function that's different from a title I firearm. Not that said function is somehow actually more "evil."
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:58:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
And the whole tax stamps are a waste of money or no needing a permission slip is just as equally petulant as a middle schooler. Neither side has the higher ground here. You're all just out to burn those that you perceive as heritics to the 2A as you envision it.

We're on the same team.

I only do SBR's and will never own a pistol. Not worth it to me and it's a waste of my money and resources. I don't care if anyone wants to do a pistol. You do you, and don't worry about what I do or the other SBR fans think or feel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a serious hankering for an SBA3.

I have no SBRs. More on principle than anything else. If you want to spend $200 + stock price you do you.

Bur this whole, "braces are gay" shit really should stop. Makes you look like a petulant middle schooler.

We're on the same team.

I'm all for you being happy with your paperworked guns. Most people who go the brace route are reacting to the stupid meme bragging about how SBRs are so much more "hot" than a brace, when everyone who gets one is holding their hands out asking for something that should be theirs with no stipulations.

We are all on the same side. SBR people should support how braces are making the restrictions on <16" ARs and similar moot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:58:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Again, I agree with you 100%. I don't support the NFA in any waynot even for DDs. I think I worded that post improperly. My point was only that MGs and suppressors have a function that's different from a title I firearm. Not that said function is somehow actually more "evil."
View Quote
Sorry I didn't mean to suggest you did.    I think you worded it just fine; I just wanted to expand on it a bit.

I read your post, thought how accurate your meme was, got pissed* at its accuracy, and decided to bark at the clouds.  

I still miss your bump fire videos (no homo).  

*Edit:  Pissed at the government and the people who support those policies; not you.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 3:04:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Both
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:15:05 AM EDT
[#20]
95 people have SBRs and are jelly
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:30:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:34:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I hate to say it but aside for a few, the brace has made the SBR obsolete.
View Quote
Unless you want a vertical forward grip.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:36:19 AM EDT
[#23]
I probably have about 10 braced pistols in different calibers and lengths. I use stamp money for cans and I can't have loaded rifles in vehicles in pa
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:43:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I probably have about 10 braced pistols in different calibers and lengths. I use stamp money for cans and I can't have loaded rifles in vehicles in pa
View Quote
You can have loaded SBRs though.

https://blog.princelaw.com/2014/02/17/the-great-pennsylvanian-trunk-gun/
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:44:08 AM EDT
[#25]
SBR's are cooler, and you get to use a VFG.

However I really like the ability to travel freely with a suppressed pistol.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:46:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Get both.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Meh, I get to legally have my SBR or any rifle locked and loaded, even concealed in the front seat in my state.

I'd rather and do have a 14.5 pinned to 16 for this task.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Get both. Both have their advantages
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#29]
I can take my "pistol" out of state without having to jump through lots of hoops and paperwork......not true with an SBR. That does it for me.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#30]
This shit and threads like it aren't even funny anymore OP, and they only serve to add trash to a pretty good forum overall.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#31]
All the guys saying braces look gay, yet they pay Uncle Sam $200 to gargle his balls. I dunno.

I have 2 pistols, an AR and Zenith MP5. I do want to SBR the Zenith, but the brace works fine and dandy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#32]
What happens if der furher atf decides to crack down on pistol braces and classify them as sbrs since apparently bump stock = machine gun for some retarded reason?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#33]
If you remove the legal bull shit. A proper SBR is better...

but there is the legal bull shit to deal with. In that regard, a braced pistol is better; because an SBR required begging the government to allow you to take it across state lines.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Have two SBR AR lowers and now a sba3... As long as the law stays as is no more tax stamps for me(except more cans)
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What happens if der furher atf decides to crack down on pistol braces and classify them as sbrs since apparently bump stock = machine gun for some retarded reason?
View Quote
What if the ATF decided to crack down on SBRs, because some kook shot up a nursery school with one? It’s  a shame that we’re just a few penstrokes away from having gun laws altered on a whim.

If the gov decides to legislate braces into an illegal possession, then I reckon I’ll have to give Uncle Sam that $200 handjob.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What if the ATF decided to crack down on SBRs, because some kook shot up a nursery school with one? It’s  a shame that we’re just a few penstrokes away from having gun laws altered on a whim.

If the gov decides to legislate braces into an illegal possession, then I reckon I’ll have to give Uncle Sam that $200 handjob.
View Quote
The odds are highly against that from happening. Look at the numbers that legal NFA were used in crimes since 1934. Single digits. People that pay have tendencies to not be the types that do shoot up places with their toys.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#38]
I do not have an SBR. I have an AR pistol, so I voted pistol.

I would really like to have an SBR but given the wait times for ATF approval plus $200 it just doesn't seem worth the hassle to me.

A lot of people have AR and other pistols. What would happen if the ATF reversed its stance on pistol braces? Would there be some kind of grandfathering arrangement or would we all become criminals overnight?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#39]
They're about the same and a matter of preference.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Functionally, I'd prefer a stock on an SBR versus a brace.

But, I don't like the legal bullshit involved with an SBR.

Tax stamps and braces both make baby Jesus cry.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#41]
I own 7 SBRs.
I'll never do another one as long as pistol braces are legal.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#42]
A real stock is better

But due to .Gov being .gov tho brace makes more sense
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Sbr for utility. Brace for convenience.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have 5 SBRs and I say brace is better. Does everything an SBR does but also can ride in the vehicle as a concealed weapon and travel over state lines without permission from BATFE.
View Quote
This + be loaded as many states have laws about unloaded rifles in vehicles.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
12" 6.5 Grendel with Maxim PDW Brace

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/20180528_171005_zpsom3n21iw.jpg

Works over the steel out to 800yds so far.
View Quote
The Maxim brace is phenomenal.  Pricey.  But I'd buy another in a heart beat.

Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
An SBR falls under the PA definition of a firearm, and you can conceal carry one loaded, even in a vehicle (with LTCF of course).
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#48]
80% lower 7 inch pistol with sig MPX brace.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#49]
SBR.

Those silly brace things are gayer than Freddie Mercury rollerblading in cutoffs.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#50]
In the middle of an 8.5” 300 blackout build. It’s getting a Maxim brace.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top