Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:26:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I, for one, look forward to returning to the Constitutional vision of standing up an army every time there’s a war and disbanding it immediately after.
View Quote
Well, that at least gives me a chance to name my unit “Carmel’s Cavalry” or serve in the California 7th battalion with a bunch of computer scientists, lab technicians and Starbucks baristas who bring their California approved and registered firearms
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:26:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yep your brilliance is unimpeachable. I marvel at it in awe and humility
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So in other words you got nothing and resort to a logical fallacy. Gee I wish I could say I was brilliant, but clearly that is not required in this instance.  Maybe if I post a link with the exact same information but with a seal that will make all the difference lol. You made a claim that isolationism didn't stop PH when any historical record shows we were actively engaged in countering Japan leading up to the attack...we will not even get into the 1940 draft and all the war preparations, or our involvement with Lend lease in early 41. We were gearing up for war, this is not in dispute. You're simply being exceptionally obtuse for some reason.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:29:18 AM EDT
[#3]
This is the kind of stupidity Mattis was dealing with:

Attachment Attached File

How the hell can you blame Mattis for any of this?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:29:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59063/8wh80inlhf521_png-779721.JPG

View Quote
guy can't even differentiate between their/they're/there

and it's not trolling, dude is legit retarded
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:33:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Let him retire.  Jim was kinda a let down.  Fags, homos, cross-testicles still parading in our Armed Forces.  Not what I expected from him.  He is a warrior and it's time to retire.  He deserves a good retirement.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:35:05 AM EDT
[#6]
If you need that. Sounds like you do. Somehow I’m okay without hearing you concede anything
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:37:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mattis Puts Trump's Presidency in Peril

The Author, Eli Lake was on Batchelor tonight. He was not optimistic about this resignation or Trump's presidency going forward.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Mattis Puts Trump's Presidency in Peril

The strong implication here is that Mattis no longer believes the president thinks allies should be respected. He is resigning because he does not believe Trump agrees with him that America should work to preserve a liberal international order. He is resigning because Trump is not as resolute and unambiguous with America's adversaries as Mattis believes he should be. In other words: This is not about policy. It's about values  and, according to his letter, Mattis no longer believes the president shares his values.
The Author, Eli Lake was on Batchelor tonight. He was not optimistic about this resignation or Trump's presidency going forward.
He might have a point if Trump wasn't doing something that's almost universally desired by the American public. Maintaining the liberal international order is not popular and Trump campaigned on bringing the troops home. Trump even has the moral high ground here while others just sort of moan about "American values". And the more this gets discussed the more people will find out that Mad Dog Mattis and the rest of the pentagon had no plan for Syria, and they don't have one for Afghanistan either.

A bunch of people seem to think that Trump needs to be more like Bush with a catastrophic war dominating his agenda and an approval rating in the 20s.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:46:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Um, not letting Iran and Russia dominate Syria, Iraq and the rest of the Levant.
View Quote
Um..who gives a shit? Assad was tight with Iran long before there was a shooting war.  And both were client states of Russia.  Iraq...was a shit show...once the butcher of Baghdad was gone there wasn't anybody keeping shit tamped down, we created our own bear trap.  We caused instability and then tried to tame it.

Saddam was an asshole that deserved to get his neck stretched but he hated Iran, and things were stable for better than a decade after GW1.   We always get bit by the unintended consequences.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:47:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Let him retire.  Jim was kinda a let down.  Fags, homos, cross-testicles still parading in our Armed Forces.  Not what I expected from him.  He is a warrior and it's time to retire.  He deserves a good retirement.
View Quote
Pretty much this, not to mention still being required to go through needless hours of mandatory online SHARP, EO, Diversity, Accident Avoidance and Suicide Awareness Training on top of never ending briefs and power point presentations of the same shit.

Nothing has changed.

Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:58:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Meh, Mattis didn’t walk on water in my opinion.

He let a fuck ton of SJW shit happen in the military, didn’t advance Afghanistan, and isis still exists.

He was a politician, just the same as all genersl officers are.

Next tool won’t do any better, but Mattis sure didn’t drain any swamps or kick much ass as promised.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:58:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
lol you better check your timeline commie or do you even know what I am talking about?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm conflicted. I liked mattis, I also dont mind seeing Joes come home to their families with all of their arms and legs.

I think there are wars worth fighting, but we need to choose them carefully and get out as quickly as we can.  So leaving Syria doesn't bother me...it also doesn't mean we can go back if need be or just adjust our foot print as needed.

If ISIS wasn't the reason we were there...what geopolitical imperative was worth our effort?
Preventing Iranian hegemony of the middle east.
Well in that case nobody did more to help Iranian hegemony along then Bush by inadvertently handing it over to Iran ostensibly.  Great strategeeery!
Bush had won that war and had even Qaddaffi handing over his wmd's by the time he left office. It's not his damned fault liberals like you and Obongo handed it back before it was completely secured.
lol you better check your timeline commie or do you even know what I am talking about?
You obviously don't know the history or what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:00:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So in other words you got nothing and resort to a logical fallacy. Gee I wish I could say I was brilliant, but clearly that is not required in this instance.  Maybe if I post a link with the exact same information but with a seal that will make all the difference lol. You made a claim that isolationism didn't stop PH when any historical record shows we were actively engaged in countering Japan leading up to the attack...we will not even get into the 1940 draft and all the war preparations, or our involvement with Lend lease in early 41. We were gearing up for war, this is not in dispute. You're simply being exceptionally obtuse for some reason.
Holy shit that was retarded. You're wasting your time Carmel. Good try though. Some cannot be reached.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:01:46 AM EDT
[#13]
So I did some checking up on a couple of Trump’s National Security advisors reaction to this news and I’m a bit surprised at how shaken they are but they still have confidence in POTUS despite their opposition to these decisions, so the sky isnt falling
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:02:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Well the future security of the US just got a whole lot more SPORTY.

Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:07:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:20:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
While I obviously don't know the man personally, I trust(ed) his judgement more than any other prominent DC official.  When JM took this job, he had several critical priorities, for example lobbying for restoration of the funding cut by zero, improving readiness, recommending rational strategy to potus in order to implement the foreign policy goals of the administration.  Several others that aren't on the top of my head.

He started most of these and made significant progress on some, and I think our armed forces are in a better place than they were two years ago as a result of his efforts.

His putting defaggination of the services as a lower priority was the right thing to do, though disappointing to many folks.  Had he went after that as #1, he would've spent most of his political capital on this arguably emotional issue at the cost of funding and readiness.

I get the sense that there's a lot more going into his decision than Syria.  I think his character is stronger than that.

While im happy for the man being able to retire, his leaving this critical position is a significant loss for our country.  I fear that trump wants a yes-man, and he'll get one.  That carries a lot of risk for the country.  Foreign policy and military readiness are very far from trumps strong points.  With advisors like Bolton now in the mix, Mattis as a counterweight was a necessity.

I think we we should all be worried about his departure, purse-swinging aside.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:22:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

While I obviously don't know the man personally, I trust(ed) his judgement more than any other prominent DC official.  When JM took this job, he had several critical priorities, for example lobbying for restoration of the funding cut by zero, improving readiness, recommending rational strategy to potus in order to implement the foreign policy goals of the administration.  Several others that aren't on the top of my head.

He started most of these and made significant progress on some, and I think our armed forces are in a better place than they were two years ago as a result of his efforts.

His putting defaggination of the services as a lower priority was the right thing to do, though disappointing to many folks.  Had he went after that as #1, he would've spent most of his political capital on this arguably emotional issue at the cost of funding and readiness.

I get the sense that there's a lot more going into his decision than Syria.  I think his character is stronger than that.

While im happy for the man being able to retire, his leaving this critical position is a significant loss for our country.  I fear that trump wants a yes-man, and he'll get one.  That carries a lot of risk for the country.  Foreign policy and military readiness are very far from trumps strong points.  With advisors like Bolton now in the mix, Mattis as a counterweight was a necessity.

I think we we should all be worried about his departure, purse-swinging aside.
View Quote
Apparently South Korea was also a factor
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:30:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Apparently South Korea was also a factor
View Quote
It probably was, along with (I would assume) several other decisions.

Trump is impatient and unkind to our allies.  I'm not so confident that trump understands the long term consequences of his foreign policy decisions.  Maybe he does, but leaving the country in a weaker position down the road seems unwise to me.  I'm sure there are other considerations about which we're completely in the dark.

Edit spelling
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:31:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Holy shit that was retarded. You're wasting your time Carmel. Good try though. Some cannot be reached.
View Quote
Wasn’t really for his benefit so much as other readers, at least prior to that reply. The FY 2020 budget battle will get more interesting with POTUS indicating a 5% cut and Mattis gone, it looks like Rep. Adam Smith (Dem) WA will have more leverage and his fall speeches make this GD banter look lightweight. Sounds like DOD is going to take a few on the chin, at least for the next 2 years. Then the public will fight over Medicaid / Social Security vs Defense Budgets as the tail end of the baby boom generation finally retires. My guess is DOD is fucked until a major war Pearl Harbor style happens
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:35:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Wise man weighs in.

The Resignation of General "Mad Dog" Mattis
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:35:42 AM EDT
[#21]
There were an awful lot of people who trusted Mattis based on internet memes and pictures of him heroically portrayed. What did he actually accomplish to transform our military into a "Mattis-centric" force?

Was the military magically transformed under his leadership or did the SHARP training and other bullshit  (trannys, etc)stay the same? I think we know the answer to this. He was the same as all other people at his level. There is no connection to the soldier on the ground.
May he retire in peace.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:36:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wasn't really for his benefit so much as other readers, at least prior to that reply. The FY 2020 budget battle will get more interesting with POTUS indicating a 5% cut and Mattis gone, it looks like Rep. Adam Smith (Dem) WA will have more leverage and his fall speeches make this GD banter look lightweight. Sounds like DOD is going to take a few on the chin, at least for the next 2 years. Then the public will fight over Medicaid / Social Security vs Defense Budgets as the tail end of the baby boom generation finally retires. My guess is DOD is fucked until a major war Pearl Harbor style happens
View Quote
You're probably right. The next PH type of event likely won't allow us the time to properly re-arm and train.  Geographic isolation ain't what it used to be.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:39:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There were an awful lot of people who trusted Mattis based on internet memes and pictures of him heroically portrayed. What did he actually accomplish to transform our military into a "Mattis-centric" force?

Was the military magically transformed under his leadership or did the SHARP training and other bullshit  (trannys, etc)stay the same? I think we know the answer to this. He was the same as all other people at his level. There is no connection to the soldier on the ground.
May he retire in peace.
View Quote
I think he goi us turned around and pointed in the right direction.  There's no magic when we're dealing with one of the biggest clusterfucks of organization on the planet (us.gov).  It takes 20 years to build an airplane these days.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:41:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It probably was, along with (I would assume) several other decisions.

Trump is impatient and unkind to our allies.  I'm not so confident that trump understands the long term consequences of his foreign policy decisions.  Maybe he does, but leaving the country in a weaker position down the road seems unwise to me.  I'm sure there are other considerations about which we're completely in the dark.

Edit spelling
View Quote
I get what POTUS is trying to achieve along with the public’s frustration with taxpayer $ spent overseas. Hard to say how it all pans out but Europeans & Koreans probably have difficulty being confronted in public rightly or wrongly. Kabul is fucked. NATO made big promises despite wanting to bail. With this news, that 55% of Afghan territory under Taliban / al qaeda control will bump up to all but Kabul. Afghan soldiers will start deserting in crazy numbers. It’s going to get ugly. If POTUS does downsize in South Korea, things will get real interesting and I suspect pressure on Japan will follow which will make China play arms race games. China just expanded their shipyards already. I’m guessing 2024 - 2030 shit goes down bigly
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:41:31 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
What he says about a tiny piece of information that you suddenly find out and changes your view, is what I am talking about.
I had this kind of realization and other veterans will too.

That moment when you verify the truth and you can not deny it.

One moment of truth can destroy a million years of programming because the truth is something that can not be denied. It can only be realized. Then appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:42:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think he goi us turned around and pointed in the right direction.  There's no magic when we're dealing with one of the biggest clusterfucks of organization on the planet (us.gov).  It takes 20 years to build an airplane these days.
View Quote
Fair point and I agree.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:52:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You're probably right. The next PH type of event likely won't allow us the time to properly re-arm and train.  Geographic isolation ain't what it used to be.
View Quote
Even people I disagree with in this thread have hit on good points like our lack of cyber, etc. The problem for us is our adversaries are all in for war; civilians, businesses, etc. so when it’s go time, they’re already singing from the same page. For us there’s a huge civilian / military divide and its only going to get worse. I spent 2 months of weekends reading the Democrats midterms agenda and it was all boiled down to get Trump and vagueries about healthcare and infrastructure. There’s no common ground overlap with the GOP and no ideas for growing the economy, so I see no headway being made on anything people in this thread are posting about. None of what they hope will happen domestically or internationally after the USA withdraws from the world will take place. I see no indicators and my only conclusion is America’s fate is in Generation Z’s hands as Baby Boomers will be dying in droves from 2020-2040 and Gen X is a small population cohort with minimal impact on the US along with a shorter life expectancy rate than the Baby Boomers. Half of Millennials think Alexandria Ocasio Cortez is brilliant so the other half of Millennials will have their hands full as aging boomer women [longer life expectancy than the men] need Medicare and all the social welfare shit falls on the half of the Millennials who work and aren’t wearing Che Guevara’s t-shirts
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:15:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What a losing streak Trump has been on lately.
View Quote
I am really starting to worry.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:24:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The era of the knife hand memes is coming to an end.

View Quote
I got you

Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:26:05 AM EDT
[#31]
LOL MM hates Trump so much he’s willing to flip flop over the withdrawals Attachment Attached File
Michael Moore Takes on Obama's Afghanistan Escalation on Larry King Live, December 2, 2009
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:31:26 AM EDT
[#32]
I want my cookie Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:52:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well the future security of the US just got a whole lot more SPORTY.

View Quote
Really??? Country of 320 million people and you think ot goes to shit because one senior citizen retires??
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 4:27:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Next week on The Apprentice White House Edition... Seriously though, anyone taking bets?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

France is everywhere, Britain still loves the Falklands, Russia is in Libya making deals with warlords, China is in Africa, Sri Lanka and poking around the Artic, Iran is in Africa, Turkey is in Africa, Italy was in Libya trying to shape the land last year. Every swinging dick is running around playing fuck fuck games. UAE just got called out in North Africa. Who isn't playing fuck fuck games besides Iceland?
View Quote
Maybe France should be paying attention to France. It looks more like Syria in some places.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Really??? Country of 320 million people and you think ot goes to shit because one senior citizen retires??
View Quote
Lol. GD is GDing. Fuck Mattis.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:12:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can remove a man's capability to make war, but short of killing him, you'll never change his philosophy on life. You also forgot to highlight the "and others" part of the tweet, ISIS isn't the only shithead in Syria.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:25:47 AM EDT
[#39]
oh well
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Not good
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So I did some checking up on a couple of Trump’s National Security advisors reaction to this news and I’m a bit surprised at how shaken they are but they still have confidence in POTUS despite their opposition to these decisions, so the sky isnt falling
View Quote
Yeah getting fired sucks. No surprises they want to keep their jobs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:45:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Someone earlier on in this thread made a comment about Mattis wanting to keep military style weapons out of the hands of civilians.

I could not find anything on the interwebs to support that.

Does anyone have a link?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:46:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Oh, and the WH rumor is that Trump is about to announce a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan as well.

Clearly Mattis is done. He can't stay in the job considering Trump totally ignores his advice and that of the joint chiefs.

After letting Erdogan tell the US military what to do, I can't believe Mattis didn't just go ahead and resign today.

Shit is falling apart so fast it is becoming impossible to keep track of it all.
View Quote
Trump can talk tough all he wants but from a kneeling position in front of Putin, Erdogan and Xi, it just doesn't matter. He might as well be Obama. We bitched a storm when Obama bowed to Putin and Xi but then yell, "MAGA" when Trump does it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Maybe France should be paying attention to France. It looks more like Syria in some places.
View Quote
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/09/24/17/07/france-aust-naval-exercises-near-china?ocid=Social-9News
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:53:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah getting fired sucks. No surprises they want to keep their jobs.
View Quote
Will be interesting to see who the next SecDef is. Next year House Democrats take over the Armed Services committee and a new Joint Chief & Sec Def right before an election year
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Oh no America isn't sending more troops to die in endless wars in the Middle East

War hawks will be flying the flags at half staff all week
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
It is rather simple. The United States and other countries goals for the region are not the same. The United States has accomplished our goal so now it is time for us to pick up our toys and go home.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Lol!

GD has officially jumped the shark. Y'all sound just like DU, you just take the opposite side of whatever action Trump wants.

Why should we be in every shithole in the world?!? Everyone seems to have amnesia about the SJW shit.

A few more weeks y'all will be wearing pussy hats cause that'll show him!
View Quote
this! this place has become FULL of leftie fools .I don't even recognize it anymore
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#49]
So removal of 28,000 in South Korea may also be on the table too
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Trump can talk tough all he wants but from a kneeling position in front of Putin, Erdogan and Xi, it just doesn't matter. He might as well be Obama. We bitched a storm when Obama bowed to Putin and Xi but then yell, "MAGA" when Trump does it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, and the WH rumor is that Trump is about to announce a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan as well.

Clearly Mattis is done. He can't stay in the job considering Trump totally ignores his advice and that of the joint chiefs.

After letting Erdogan tell the US military what to do, I can't believe Mattis didn't just go ahead and resign today.

Shit is falling apart so fast it is becoming impossible to keep track of it all.
In Syria we already have ISIS, the SDF, the Assad Regime, the PKK and its offshoots and branches, and the Russians.  Now the Turks want to roll into that gunfight too.  I'm not sure what sense it makes to keep an American presence in the middle of all that.  Syria does not hold strategic value for us.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top