BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1970s cops would have rushed him and cracked his skull with nightsticks. Over and done.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/C29F2356-FFE9-43F3-BA12-4E0EEA939E5D_jpe-2732997.JPG
View Quote

Those mustaches are enough to command respect.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#2]
You want to see what happens when every officer in a department becomes afraid of actually doing their job?
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#3]
From the number of violent charges involving cops in Florida I'm second guessing police work in that state.
What's Florida's protocol?
ship your mental bums to Ca?
That's messed up.
Now we have to send him to AZ.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I lost faith in beanbags the first time I shot a dude in his lower chest at 15 feet and he just said. "OUCHHHHH!

Ended up dogpiling him.

The nylon baton rounds were a little better, but those went away since they city didn't like the cost.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Stick man's cardio took him out of the fight!
I give credit to the first bean bag reload it looked smoother than most.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Bean bags are for corn hole.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I liked the its ok we're here to help you at the end.

Link Posted: 3/4/2023 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#8]
There are a whole bunch of people that are really lucky they are not getting coloring books for Christmas, including the guy walking down the street.

I am convinced that tranquilizer dart gun with ketamine would be far better than the nonsense we keep doing.  It wouldn't be perfect, and some people would still die but better than this long drawn out stupidity that is going to get people killed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Dude took it all like a champ.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
1970s cops would have rushed him and cracked his skull with nightsticks. Over and done.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/C29F2356-FFE9-43F3-BA12-4E0EEA939E5D_jpe-2732997.JPG
View Quote

I gotta admit, that picture is badass.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
His first swing at that cop could've been a neck breaker.
View Quote

Yep
The cop later said that he was hit by the pipe.
Fuck that
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!
View Quote

Needs more Iludium Pu36 Explosive Space Modulator.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They were killed in action at a rate twice that of modern cops.
View Quote

Because they had little to no effective body armor and medicine has advanced since the 1970's.   The FBI tracks Assault on Law Enforcement statistics yet, the only headlines you get are the LODD deaths. I can tell you anecdotally that Assault on LEO cases went way up even in my little pocket of Utopia. Alot of it is because officers are worrying about external optics and trying not to hurt people, which of course gets more people hurt.

The 1970's cops, used speed, surprise and violence of action. Was it overused? maybe .  The perfect mix of policing was from the mid 1990's through the early 2000's.

BTW those guys in the picture are NYC Transit cops. They were merged into NYPD in 1995.  The radios rarely if ever worked in the subway. Those guys would bang their night sticks on the platform, echoing down to the next station to get help.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#14]
So to get into the police academy you have to be a pussy that's scared of one on one confrontation?
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#15]
The few times when there was a stoppage, what about beanbags to the legs or feet? After a few minutes the swelling would have to be a mother fucker and make it difficult to stand no?
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#16]
What an unbelievably pathetic display.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You want to see what happens when every officer in a department becomes afraid of actually doing their job?
View Quote

When the liberals think that law enforcement should be an armed social worker,no one agrees on why doing their job looks like
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#18]
That was a whole lot of authoritah bein' disrespected.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Why can’t they use the nets from Planet of the Apes
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So to get into the police academy you have to be a pussy that's scared of one on one confrontation?
View Quote

Oh, He-Man has entered the chat.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The few times when there was a stoppage, what about beanbags to the legs or feet? After a few minutes the swelling would have to be a mother fucker and make it difficult to stand no?
View Quote

He's not even going to notice a hit on his legs and feet. Not that they are accurate enough to make on in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What an unbelievably pathetic display.
View Quote

You know about policy?  That thing that GD thinks cops don't follow?  Well, here you go.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Why can’t they use the nets from Planet of the Apes
View Quote

Didn't the apes use horses to deploy the nets?
Logistics nightmare right there
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#24]
That looked kind of like a scene from the movie Demolition Man.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

More than one will be judging your adherence to policy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#26]
No K9?
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#27]
That was no stick. That was unistrut.

Link Posted: 3/4/2023 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ok, sure.  I would love to see you point on that.  You get hit with the stick and get knocked out, and then he takes your gun, see how that works.  They had no containment, guy was not responding to multiple taser or bean bag hits.  I will tell you if he got hit with a 40mm that we carry, it would have been a different story.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why does every officer on that shift need to respond? One supervisor and three officers should be able to handle a retard homeless person with a stick.
Ok, sure.  I would love to see you point on that.  You get hit with the stick and get knocked out, and then he takes your gun, see how that works.  They had no containment, guy was not responding to multiple taser or bean bag hits.  I will tell you if he got hit with a 40mm that we carry, it would have been a different story.  

Easy. Don’t get hit with stick.  One time “drop the stick”. No drop stick, drop the fucking idiot that didn’t listen.  You can’t treat them like children and repeat yourself 100 fucking times.  Once, then bang. Fuck’em. Don’t need the whole shift for that.

Link Posted: 3/4/2023 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Because they had little to no effective body armor and medicine has advanced since the 1970's.   The FBI tracks Assault on Law Enforcement statistics yet, the only headlines you get are the LODD deaths. I can tell you anecdotally that Assault on LEO cases went way up even in my little pocket of Utopia. Alot of it is because officers are worrying about external optics and trying not to hurt people, which of course gets more people hurt.

The 1970's cops, used speed, surprise and violence of action. Was it overused? maybe .  The perfect mix of policing was from the mid 1990's through the early 2000's.

BTW those guys in the picture are NYC Transit cops. They were merged into NYPD in 1995.  The radios rarely if ever worked in the subway. Those guys would bang their night sticks on the platform, echoing down to the next station to get help.
View Quote

I worked with a guy who grew up as a young punk in Jersey, he and his friends would go into NYC and mess with cops as sport, setting off Chinatown fireworks under police cars while the cops slept or ate lunch, getting chased.

He said they never, ever messed with the transit cops. Said the radios probably didn't work as intended, but they saw people get manners and sense beat into them with the radio and knew not to mess with them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Do mentally ill people deserve to die?
Do mentally ill people deserve  to be beaten with a nightstick?
It looks like a successful outcome to me.

Quoted:
I am no fan of cops, as I dont like the idea of some human, having that much control over me and my life and freedom;

however,

they should not have to play those type of games to apprehend someone. I would not want to be a cop in today's fucked up ROE policies. Deal with violent crazy criminals, and can only use harsh words, if that...racist.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2023 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do mentally ill people deserve to get center punched by a car when the run into the street?

Because that actually happens from time to time when the police engage in running verbal exchanges.  Other times it ends up with a hostage situation.

Any policy has to account for reality, even it doesn't work perfect in every situation.

The outcome here was good, but it could have been better.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deserve has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Do we as law abiding citizens DESERVE to have these dangerous assholes living on our streets and interfering with our lives and businesses?
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because taking in an emotionally disturbed person should be like a boxing match.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Why does every officer on that shift need to respond? One supervisor and three officers should be able to handle a retard homeless person with a stick.
View Quote

Back the Blue.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#39]
That less lethal crap was pretty ineffective, suprised his crazy ass did not get shot.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

CA is trying to ban K9's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No K9?

CA is trying to ban K9's.

Somewhere, there is a Belgien Malinois dreaming of what could have been.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

No that's the basement dwellers who are too scared to be the Police but want to nitpick on internet forums.

I woulda been a Cop, but..........
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No that's the basement dwellers who are too scared to be the Police but want to nitpick on internet forums.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before tazers if you were scared of fighting you soon found yourself all alone when it was you that needed backup.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Which is why we're here today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why we're here today.

Yep
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can guarantee you you local agency is hiring. Show them how it's done.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well when both liberals and conservatives want to toss cops in jail for going hands on, what do you expect will happen?
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Because taking in an emotionally disturbed person should be like a boxing match.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cops killed a kid here a couple months ago.  I'm waiting to see the outcome of the investigation for curiosity's sake.

Fucking sad.  Cops have a shitload of tools but they aren't social workers and shouldn't be the first tool someone uses in events like this.  It sounds like the kid should have been hospitalized long before this event.

Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Did the officer in the beginning get hit across the face and absorb it or did he evade the hit?

They are really afraid to shoot a black person, look how many chances they gave him. What BS.

That’s why I could never be an officer of the law. If I saw my partner take a shot to the face with a stick, DRT.

Sorry bro you broke the social contract, all bets off.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Painful to watch and the cops training and tactics suck rod.
I am sure there is a joke about how many cops does it take to put down a guy with a stick.

Link Posted: 3/4/2023 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, I grew up around 1970’s Philadelphia.  As long as you behaved yourself, you could go into Center City and be pretty safe.  You absolutely did not mess with the police in those days.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 8:28:57 PM EDT
[#50]
pretty ridiculous

they have a bad habit of this weak nonsense

there was that video of a few years ago of them chasing a guy around with a freakin machete and he carjacked a person right inn front of them iirc
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top