User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

you can literally do that now
View Quote
Not without a lot of requirements being met including a license.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#2]
ITT the cops tell the citizens that they are afraid of a well armed citizenry.

The 2A exists to protect our ability to (hypothetically) wage war against the government. Part of fighting the government could (and logically should) require breaching the homes of government agents and killing them while they sleep. Stacking dudes at their weakest moments is part of war.

This argument has nothing to do with Jamal and his section 8 housing or his presumed criminal history, that’s just a ruse. It’s about certain people (justifiably) worrying about protecting their loved ones against the eventual wrath of the citizens they oppress. I can’t hold that concern against them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Field trip???
View Quote
Nah......I'm good.......done that

"Shall not be infringed"

Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

First, the law utmost in this country is the US Constitution.  Without that law being primary nothing else is worth the paper it's written on.

Second, I twisted nothing.  Armaments are all of the things that can be used to prosecute military power.  That includes explosives and all of those things are exactly what the constitution covers with the words "the right of the people to keep and bear arms".

Those letters aren't issued today for the plain reason that modern American government regularly and with impunity violate the rights of their citizens. Not least of which is their 2nd Amendment rights.  Government, at every level, is no longer restrained by the Constitution and operates as if the people are to be ruled.
View Quote
This right here.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
If it pleases the crown....
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You are right, we would not be a free country anymore, just a lot of balkanized shit holes dominated by other countries.
View Quote
Well..with a shitty, do nothing attitude like that, I'd expect no less.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can buy explosives and machine guns over the counter now.

With the crowns permission.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can buy explosives and machine guns over the counter now.

With the crowns permission.
As you can see in the bellow educational .gif, some pot smoking communists breaches the FUCK out of a rattle trap F-150 (exhibit A).  The explosive yield is analogous to that of a standard breaching charge (exhibit B).

Drivers license is all that's needed

A.)

B.)
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't be obtuse, you know the subject is not about black powder. I was in Civil War reenacting. Black powder and cannons are common. Duh! The discussion is about C-4, semtex, etc. People are here arguing for the right to make bombs and couch it under the 2A. Not ever going to happen. Stick with chewing bubble gum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still waiting for a response on this one...

@Chisum

Except that black powder used to shoot musket balls is an explosive.

Modern powder = burns rapidly
Black Powder = Low order explosive.
Don't be obtuse, you know the subject is not about black powder. I was in Civil War reenacting. Black powder and cannons are common. Duh! The discussion is about C-4, semtex, etc. People are here arguing for the right to make bombs and couch it under the 2A. Not ever going to happen. Stick with chewing bubble gum.
I am not being "Obtuse" I am arguing the original intent of the 2nd amendment.

Study more history

https://historyexplorer.si.edu/resource/revolutionary-war-grenade

Are you trying to say when the Founding Fathers wrote the 2nd Amendment they did not consider "Explosives" to be part of "Arms" even though explosives were used to fight the British forces?
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

false.

You gotta get your chemistry game on.

Explosives are all around us.  And I'm not saying go cook some up, you can literally go to Home Depot right now and buy explosives.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

what do you think they charged their muskets with?
View Quote
It couldn’t have been something that explodes... could it?

Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The 2A exists to protect our ability to (hypothetically) wage war against the government. Part of fighting the government could (and logically should) require breaching the homes of government agents and killing them while they sleep. Stacking dudes at their weakest moments is part of war.

This argument has nothing to do with Jamal and his section 8 housing or his presumed criminal history, that’s just a ruse. It’s about certain people (justifiably) worrying about protecting their loved ones against the eventual wrath of the citizens they oppress. I can’t hold that concern against them.
View Quote
It has EVERYTHING to do with the rabble like Jamaal, because while you're all in your basement jerking off to your fantasies on taking on the government someday, Jamal and his buddies would be out there using the stuff against you and me.
If it ever came to a fighting war on our own soil, there would be enough explosives to go around, probably more than we'd care to deal with. Meanwhile in the real world civil society here and now, there's absolutely no use for this stuff in circulation amongst the general population.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
*wrong*
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It has EVERYTHING to do with the rabble like Jamaal, because while you're all in your basement jerking off to your fantasies on taking on the government someday, Jamal and his buddies would be out there using the stuff against you and me.
If it ever came to a fighting war on our own soil, there would be enough explosives to go around, probably more than we'd care to deal with. Meanwhile in the real world civil society here and now, there's absolutely no use for this stuff in circulation amongst the general population.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To avoid philosophical hypocrisy, must feel the exact same way about firearms.  You've been breathing too much NY air comrade.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nah......I'm good.......done that

"Shall not be infringed"

https://d.newsweek.com/en/full/701299/1103-liberia-warlords.jpg
View Quote
If that’s Liberia, possession of that RPG (and nearly any other sort of repeating firearm) is very illegal.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't think the intent of "arms" in the context of the second amendment was intentionally meant to include explosives, especially in the context of bombs.

However, I think the waters get a little murky when you start to introduce things like exploding projectiles, canons that fire explosive shells; basically things that would probably fall under the traditional purview of "arms". I tend to err on the side of these would be part of the 2A's purview.

As to bombs, which explosive breaching charges would be, I would say no. And I voted no.
View Quote
Why? They had Grenades during the revolutionary war. And other explosives.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Study more history

Are you trying to say when the Founding Fathers wrote the 2nd Amendment they did not consider "Explosives" to be part of "Arms" even though explosives were used to fight the British forces?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still waiting for a response on this one...

@Chisum

Except that black powder used to shoot musket balls is an explosive.

Modern powder = burns rapidly
Black Powder = Low order explosive.

Study more history

This is quite interesting.
Bomb Vessel Wikipedia
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

To avoid philosophical hypocrisy, must feel the exact same way about firearms.  You've been breathing too much NY air comrade.
View Quote
There are multiple legitimate societal uses for firearms. Completely different category of "stuff" than explosives. This has absolutely nothing to do with what state we respectively live in.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Tell us what Jamal in the section 8 apartment complex is likely to do with a breaching charge.
Anything constructive? Good? Self-defensive? Probably NOT.

Look, if the government wants to make these things available with the same restrictions as there are for dynamite, then go for it.
Certainly not any acceptable reason for these things to be readily available to the general public.
View Quote
Here we go with the reasoning why one person should not be allowed to have it because he might do something bad. So no one should be allowed to have it

Ban fertilizer, ban ball bearings, ban pressure cookers, ban knives, ban swords, ban cars, ban straws, ban soda
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There are multiple legitimate societal uses for firearms. Completely different category of "stuff" than explosives. This has absolutely nothing to do with what state we respectively live in.
View Quote
So you are saying there are no legitimate uses for explosives?  I can think of dozens.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yes, and without the letter the British were free to hang you. When was the last letter issued by Congress? When was the last merchant ship allowed to have 8" guns? Oh, never.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the moment I would like to point out the difference between an armed merchantman, a privateer, and a pirate is the action not the object.  The letter did not allow you to arm your ship, it allowed you to capture prizes.
Yes, and without the letter the British were free to hang you. When was the last letter issued by Congress? When was the last merchant ship allowed to have 8" guns? Oh, never.
The Royal Navy hanged the crews of armed merchantmen who had their cannons to repel pirates and privateers?  I think someone is making up facts to fit their agenda.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
A more racist argument for gun control I haven't seen in recent memory.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not small arms.
edit: this is pretty normal training stuff for SWAT teams
View Quote
The 2A was to protect the arms for the militia which was to field a standard light infantry battalion with all its arms. Which did include cannon.
If these are in the TO&E for a light infantry battalion, then they're legit under the 2A.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are far more industrial uses for explosives than there are for firearms.

Firearms are made for killing and control, and thus they fit right into the role of Second Amendment. Explosives can be used for myriad purposes in construction, mining, farming, etc.

Lots of houses in this area were only able to be constructed because explosives due to hardpan. There’s a good use for you right there.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If that’s Liberia, possession of that RPG (and nearly any other sort of repeating firearm) is very illegal.
View Quote
It was the best pic I could find to demonstrate what happens when the general populace has unrestricted access to everything......

The people in this thread saying their rights are being infringed because they can't buy breaching charges cash-and-carry OTC are , or have recently been, smoking crack

This aint the 1920's anymore when you went with grandpappy to the hardware store to buy dynamite to blow a few stumps
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It was the best pic I could find to demonstrate what happens when the general populace has unrestricted access to everything......

The people in this thread saying their rights are being infringed because they can't buy breaching charges cash-and-carry OTC are , or have recently been, smoking crack

This aint the 1920's anymore when you went with grandpappy to the hardware store to buy dynamite to blow a few stumps
View Quote
You think unrestricted access to firearms is why those countries went to shit?
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#27]
lol
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You seriously want to live in a nation where there are revolutions every fifty years? There are plenty of third world nations where you can live that dream. I'll opt for a stable society.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow, we're a million miles apart

I think it's time for you to dig deep, find your principles, and start donating to Moms Demand Action instead of the NRA.

Nothing you've said defends the use of AR15s, standard capacity mags, or civilian firearms training.

buy a shotgun
You seriously want to live in a nation where there are revolutions every fifty years? There are plenty of third world nations where you can live that dream. I'll opt for a stable society.
my statement was pertain to your totality of posts in this thread.

We see America differently
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you’re in favor of restricting everyone because some people might use a product to harm other people?
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So you are saying there are no legitimate uses for explosives?  I can think of dozens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And in those situations the government grants explosive licenses so that the stuff can be used and proper safeguards followed; mining, for instance

Quoted:

We aren't talking about industrial explosives.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#31]
All explosives should be protected by 2nd Amendment. I want some C4 or at minimum some RDX.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
And in those situations the government grants explosive licenses so that the stuff can be used and proper safeguards followed; mining, for instance

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

All hail the government.  The giver of life.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Only the agent of government is professional enough.

LOL
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So you need to be granted permission to blow some stumps, beaver dams etc?  Basically your argument is that people can't be trusted.  That's the same argument that the anti-rights crowd uses against firearms.  I hate to be trite, but "freedom be scary yo!"
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:05:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
So if I put industrial explosives on a door, it’s all good?

“It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.”
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#36]
".........It's for the community." love'n every minute of it. Looks like good stuff, Make yer own.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not talking about firearms......

I give up.....you guys are right....

I fully support your right to walk around with a fucking block of Semtex in your pocket everywhere you go......
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Its a big reason why they stay shitholes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So which ships sailed without the letter. Do you think the British once encountering such a ship without such letter would treat them as a legitimate combatant? They sailed with lots of rope in those days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Letter of Marque does not constitute Congressional permission to own the vessel. It simply gave them the cover of law to engage other nationalities vessels openly, in order to potentially avoid the crime of piracy. The "government" didn't have to give them permission to own or arm it, just to use those arms in offensive operations against foreign-flagged vessels.

And the largest conversion I could find was 44-guns, which puts some of those vessels as larger than most frigates, but smaller than most ships-of-the-line. Also, don't forget the capability to conduct amphibious operations with the completely legal naval infantry onboard.
So which ships sailed without the letter. Do you think the British once encountering such a ship without such letter would treat them as a legitimate combatant? They sailed with lots of rope in those days.
You realize that many merchant vessels were armed even if not engaged in war, right?

They might have only had 12-20 guns or so, but they were still armed for self-defense. Those ships, their crews, and their owners didn't need permission to arm them, ONLY to use them offensively.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I fully support your right to walk around with a fucking block of Semtex in your pocket everywhere you go......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Yes, both on principal and for the YouTube videos.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Id wager that has a whole lot more to do with corrupt and tyrannical governments than dudes with AKs.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Proof you are twisting the Constitution to say what you want it to say. Being absurd doesn't make your argument correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms up to but not including 8" naval guns, shall not be infringed.”
Proof you are twisting the Constitution to say what you want it to say. Being absurd doesn't make your argument correct.
Yeah, I'm the one twisting the Constitution

*WHOOOSH*
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#44]
“What’s legal isn’t always right, and what’s right isn’t always legal.”  I’ve had this discussion with friends before. It’s usually those personality types that are always concerned about “what’s the rule on this” as a way of avoiding personal responsibility for their decisions. “I was only following the rule/orders/policy/law” is a great scapegoat for poor decision making.

I’m not trying to imply that I haven’t made made my share of poor decisions, but I try to own them, and learn from them, so as not to repeat them. I do my best not to place the blame on others or circumstances.

There seems to be a lot of bickering in here about semantics, and not a lot of introspect on the basic principals and beliefs of a “free” society.

There seems to be a certain segment of our society that operates under a “ruling class” mentality, and has taken advantage of another segment of our society that lives by the “just tell me what to eat/think/drink/breathe so I don’t have to do it for myself” motto.  They are hellbent on spreading their misery, poverty, subjugation, and violence into every city and small town in America.  The most frustrating part is that they don’t even see that it’s their very own desire to have someone else be responsible for their safety that is creating their own suffering, and soon ours.

I heard an interview with Mike Rowe (dirty jobs guy), where he was reminiscing about a lesson he learned on a crab boat.  While retrieving the pots during a bad storm, he asked the Captain about his duty to keep his crew safe.  The Captain replied that it’s the crew’s job to keep themselves safe, it’s his job to put them on the crab and keep them paid. As soon as someone takes responsibility for the safety of others, it lessens that obligation on the others, and negligent accidents happen, and people die. I’m paraphrasing of course, but having spent some time on construction sites where “safety is everyone’s job”, it really sunk in what that means.

Similar logic can be applied to the police state we seem to be developing in recent years.  Freedom comes with a price. And to me, that price is that I will have to learn to live with a certain amount of chaos that comes with free will. I’m ok with this, as long as I’m not deprived of my ability to stand firm against tyranny, in whatever form it may choose to enter my life. (This is my duty as a man, a husband, and a father.)  If I abdicate that ability to another, thus making it “not my job”, I have effectively weakened my family and society in the process.

This type of shit is really the last thing I want to be dealing with today. I’m on “vacation” and have a long list of honey do’s to get started on. I really just want to earn an honest living, live my life, love my wife, raise my boys to be honest, ethical husbands and fathers, and then die in peace as a happy (and tired) old man. Just let me do that, and there will no no trouble from me. Please, I’m asking nicely.

Now...where did I put that multi-tester?
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You realize that many merchant vessels were armed even if not engaged in war, right?

They might have only had 12-20 guns or so, but they were still armed for self-defense. Those ships, their crews, and their owners didn't need permission to arm them, ONLY to use them offensively.
View Quote
You're vastly over-estimating the numbers in armament available to Privateers during the War
14,872 guns amongst 1700 ships amounts to an average of 8 guns per Privateer.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/navy/privateer.htm
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hooray!

Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Id wager that has a whole lot more to do with corrupt and tyrannical governments than dudes with AKs.
View Quote
Hard to create a stable government when you have a 1000 different "militias" armed to the teeth ready to challenge any attempt to have some sort of normal government.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You're vastly over-estimating the numbers in armament available to Privateers during the War
14,872 guns amongst 1700 ships amounts to an average of 8 guns per Privateer.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/navy/privateer.htm
View Quote
Did they require a government permission slip?
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
As it should be.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top