Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Our oldest daughter started dating at 16. Went from straight A student to failing every class overnight. She eventually got her shit together but not before going through the adverse effects of the young male influence and aging me 20 years in 2.

Youngest daughter was the exact opposite. She saw the results of her older sister's shit show. She didn't actually start serious dating until she graduated and only briefly dated a couple guys before she found her fianc. She just turned 25.

Moral of the story is every kid is different and you never really know what's going to happen until it does. You're probably not going to be able to make the decision for them anyway so just be there for them when they skin their knees.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
you teach your daughter well and talk to her about her life.

you won't really have much say in the matter anyway
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
14 if church is a part meeting, events, and activities.

16 if delving into relationships with the opposite sex, without a safety net.

14-16 doesn't seem like a long time, but it is a important time to guard a young girl's reputation and allow her to mature.

I put my girls in the Martial Arts though middle school and into high school.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Praise every single kid she ever brings around you.If she thinks you like him, she'll dump him.
When someone comes that seems intelligent, kind, and treats her right, act like you hate him. She will keep that one.

View Quote

This is the way Dad.
This man obviously knows.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]
When they move out of my house
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That shit is so stupid. The whole "I'll be cleaning muh gunz when he comes to date muh daughter" schtick is a lame flex at best.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
16. My wife says show him your gun

That shit is so stupid. The whole "I'll be cleaning muh gunz when he comes to date muh daughter" schtick is a lame flex at best.
I take it one step further and show him the barrel, bags of lime, shovels, and truck.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a day before 16

IDGAF how much she complains.

She can go out with groups of friends and have a good time

1:1 time with a boy will  not exist before 16.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I told my 10 year old she can’t afford distractions until after she graduates vet school.

At this rate she may not be interested herself until then. My 8 year old is going to be a handful
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was 9 when I had my first girlfriend. I still remember our first tongue kisses
View Quote

A family reunion you'll always remember...  that's a great memory you have there
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not a day before 16

View Quote

enjoy the rebellion
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My youngest is 7. She has at least one. She is autistic and has some problems coping with stuff sometimes and he rubs her back to help make her feel better. Lol
He's a super good kid though honestly.

To answer, go and play it cool, that's it.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I take it one step further and show him the barrel, bags of lime, shovels, and truck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the only ones that will fear you will be the ones that you run off as a rule and are usually the good boys. These other kids will like that just fine. At a time if their choosing they will use all of that against you and more. Then I don't even want to mention what likely will come up next. It's up to you though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I had only sons.  Oldest has a 10 year old daughter.  He will be a young boy's nightmare.  Which I support.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#15]
My first girlfriend was at about 12 or so. We played spin the bottle in her basement at a boy/girl party, but we just kept spinning the bottle until we kissed the girl we were supposed to kiss.

Irony (if that is the right word for it) is that she has grandkids older than my kids, as documented by MTV.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup and when daddy gets like that it'll give the daughter reason to rebel. Your where 14 years old at one time, wtf were you doing with women your age?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#17]
OP, you should search out one of the many arfcom “what age did you first have sex?” threads. Read it from start to finish. Then look at your daughter and decide whether or not you want her dating.

My 11 year old daughter knows she won’t be allowed to date until she is at least 32 years old. She also knows her old man is full of crap. My oldest son is 16 and only recently went on a couple dates. I’ll be thrilled if she can avoid yucky boys until she’s that age.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

All talk, nothing more. Fun to fanaticize though isn't it. But then reality kicks in and you know you can't stop the inevitable.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Bad Boys II (2003) - Intimidating Reggie Scene (6/10) | Movieclips

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

enjoy the rebellion
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a day before 16

enjoy the rebellion

I bet he's a grampy soon.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I had my first BF at that age, but we were never unchaperoned. Holding hands and long phone conversations was about the extent of it. If it’s a chaperoned event, no harm, no foul.
View Quote

I remember those times.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yup and when daddy gets like that it'll give the daughter reason to rebel. Your where 14 years old at one time, wtf were you doing with women your age?
View Quote

I saw it first hand with my first long term relationship, I was 18 and she was 16, both of us in high school. Her real dad was cool as hell, he step dad was the typical drunk hoosier tough guy, all bark no bite. He tried several of the tough guy acts and eventually I just told him either we fight now and get it over with and I humiliate you in front of everyone and nothing changes with her and I, or he can stfu and deal with it, if she wants to see me she is going to find a way. We continued to date until she decided to be a giant whore when she went to one of the local universities, I knew it was coming anyways so wasn't really shocked lol.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Mine is 12 and has a boy that is a friend that gives her chocolate on Valentine's day, a birthday card on her birthday and they text.  In all honesty he seems like a really nice kid.

But he's not a "boyfriend" because mama doesn't want her to have an official"boyfriend".

She doesn't want to admit it, but our little girl has a boyfriend.

I really hope his parents own a bunch of land.
View Quote

Initially, a place to go shoot up on the weekend and leave hamburger wrappers and soft drink cans laying around..
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I dunno. My son waited till he as almost out of high school to start dating because the girls there were "stuck up and shallow" and I think he has been better off for waiting.

10 year old daughter is more interested in five nights at Freddie's than boys so still have some time there thankfully.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

All talk, nothing more. Fun to fanaticize though isn't it. But then reality kicks in and you know you can't stop the inevitable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Generally that kind of behavior(cleaning a gun) out of the dad just made it that much more rewarding when I got what I wanted.

The father that had the biggest impact on how I treated his daughter simply took me outside, talked to me like a young man, told me he loved his daughter, and that there was nothing in this world he wouldn’t do if she asked him to. That man and his calmness actually scared me, it was one of the few times I didn’t go out of my way to piss him off.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Depends, are we talking Hollywood or DC here?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I think 14 is good as long as there is a chaperone

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#29]
My first grader tried to tell a boy in her class she had a crush on him. He told her he had one on her earlier in the school year, but not anymore.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Depends on the kid.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

that shits retarded...just don't.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#33]
The Daughter Song (Tom Wilson Stand-up Comedy)
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My daughter (who is 14) My only child, very smart, good grades yada yada.. Has a boy lurking around it seems. Im not ready for this shit.. And Im not really sure how to address this kid. She has a chorus concert tonight and I have been informed by my ex, that he has requested to attend. Whats the play here fellas? My ex has asked me not to embarrass my child. I would like to keep my child in my good graces lol.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What was the other guy's name?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I was 14, a 14 year old girl from down the street snuck me out of my house at 2am and took me back to her room where I had sex for the 1st time. This was in 1986. Two weeks later she did it again, but had a friend with her. My dad caught me on that one before we got to her house  

What was the other guy's name?

It was her uncle. Learned behavior. That girl was abused mcantu
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#38]
My daughter is 12 and has apparently recently started “dating” a 12 year old boy from school.

Seems to be a decent kid from a decent family, hunts, is in the same gifted program as my daughter, and they only see each other at school so I’m allowing it.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#39]
When they move out or turn 30 was my rule they moved out
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#40]
48 obviously.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
When I was 14, a 14 year old girl from down the street snuck me out of my house at 2am and took me back to her room where I had sex for the 1st time. This was in 1986. Two weeks later she did it again, but had a friend with her. My dad caught me on that one before we got to her house  
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I think they start around 13-14, real boyfriend, not boyfriend light. Make friends with him, invite him to go do things, she will drive him off.

Bad Boys 2 Boyfriend at the door scene
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm in the same boat OP, 14 Y/O will be a freshman next year. So far she hasn't shown any interest in dating but she does have a crush that thankfully doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast. Nice enough kid she likes, from orchestra.

Let the kid come to her recital, that isn't any big deal. No privacy though at least until she's 16. Don't trust group activities either unless a trustworthy adult is taking personal responsibility. My girls won't be allowed in another kid's car in HS, once they're driving I'll just have to deal with it because at that point you have no choice. Never trust a 16 Y/O boy to drive safely though.

There really isn't any such thing as a "good girl" at that 14-15 age in my experience (from 35 years ago). They may not have sex or get into trouble but if they get time alone with a horny boy they're into, they're going to mess around. 16-17 Y/O girls have better judgement and self control.

The ones with a strict/religious upbringing were the easiest to get riled up IME. Hormones and forbidden fruit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would be pissed for life over that...

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#45]

screen name???

"......There’s, say, an 87 percent chance that she’s pregnant.......... "
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Hell the way modern women are these days, this might be the most serious relationship she will ever have! In a few short years you will be posting “at what age will my daughter get off bumble and actually have a bf?!” Haha
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#47]
10-year old Little Johnny brings Suzy home from school . . .
He says, "Mom, Suzy and I want to get married."

His Mom thinks it's adorable, so she asks with fake concern, "But Johnny, where will you live?"

He says, "Well, we thought about that and my room is bigger than hers, so we'll probably live in my room."

"But Johnny, what will you do for money?" the mother asked grinning.

"Well, I get $5.00 a week allowance, and Suzy gets $3.50, and I think we can get by on that."

The mother asks slyly, "But what if you have children? How will you buy diapers?"

Little Johnny shrugs, "Well, we've been lucky so far . . ."
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#48]
You are in luck op, most females that are still straight don’t even bother to look for a relationship until after they are 30.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#49]
I lost my virginity at 14 with a girl who was also 14. Your call.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#50]
So whats the going age for girls to start having a BF?

Depends on what you mean by BF.

I’ve known my husband since I was six and he was a newborn.  When he was four, he started telling anyone who’d listen that we’d be getting married as soon as he could get a job and support us.

When I was nine a boy my age moved in next door, which where we lived, meant a couple hundred yards through the woods,  We eventually started doing a little inconclusive boy/girl stuff, before his AF father got transferred when we were twelve.

When I was seventeen, I picked out a guy to teach the lab portion of my sex education class.  Both of us living at home, we did it everywhere there was a where.  At the end of the summer, I kicked him loose and limped away, whistling.

Most of the way through my first semester in college, I finally connected up with the guy who I think of my first real boyfriend.  We had a couple of good years together, before drifting apart. He kinda stopped calling and I kinda stopped showing up at his place with a six pack in one hand and my panties in the other.  Great while it lasted though.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top