Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
She has some catchy songs, but haven't listened to anything from her in a while - especially in the past year or so.

And sadly, I believe she has such a following cuz she's a symbol of how toxic women are now a days.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#3]
She is part of the pop scene that I have never understood. Like the media pimping for the dems the promoters pour cash into her and get massive returns from their investments.

I can't stand anything about her. Average looks, toxic personality, bad politics absolute fingers on chalkboard music but I am not her market demographic. That being said I am not forced to listen to her, buy tickets to her shows or look at her 12 y/o boy body so..... I really could not care less about the whole hype around her.

I do find the older guys fawning over her pathetic and hilarious at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She has a net worth of about a billion dollars. Billion with a "B". You're right. She has no appeal to anyone....

View Quote

This is correct.

OP, you may not like her music or her looks or her style.  All the evidence points to her immense success, charity and business acumen.  If you do not understand that, it does not make you edgy, it makes you look stupid.  Basically what you are saying is you do not understand success because you do not know what it looks like.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Hot and talented
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Would
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I dont get it.  Average face, 12 year boy body, average at best voice, her songs are nearly indistinguishable from each other, lyrics are full of teen angst.  Who the fuck listens to this crap.  Her target audience has to be 6 to 14 year old girls because anyone with any taste in music cannot find her "music" remotely entertaining.  Its like listening to dirty asshole.
View Quote
Pop culture phenomena like Tay-Tay have no satisfactory explanation.  They just have the luck of hitting the right time with the right music and everyone seems to follow along.  It happens once or twice every decade; I've seen it numerous times in my life.

Swift is on the top of the world now, but if you're patient and wait long enough she will eventually turn into Madonna and become a pathetic parody of herself.  It's inevitable.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Big stars are big stars because of those who control media time, placement and media spin.

Ariana Grande is a big star because she leaked "I hate Americans, I hate America".  That is official policy of the American Political Party, she was promoted to influencer.  Besides that she appeared to be very slightly a "person of color".  Now it appears she has bleached herself, that seems to be OK with the media, she still holds the rank of influencer.

Taylor Swift showed photographs of herself with pro Biden, pro Democrat propaganda.  That is official policy of The Party so her career is promoted to that of big influencer.  

Travis Kelce kneeled during the national anthem, making a racist hate statement by doing so.  Racist hate is official policy of The Party, so he is promoted to the rank of big influencer.  

Big stars can become big through talent, but there are plenty of people with talent who we will never hear of.  There is a promotion industry working to push forward careers of sports and entertainment people.  Entertainers, including sports figures, and their agents and promoters better do what The Party wants or else.  This is classic carrot and stick that is used by totalitarian government.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
She has some catchy songs, but haven't listened to anything from her in a while - especially in the past year or so.

And sadly, I believe she has such a following cuz she's a symbol of how toxic women are now a days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

i could see that, + the garth brooks post. she's been around since the 2000s after all

Quoted:
Big stars are big stars because of those who control media time, placement and media spin.

Ariana Grande is a big star because she leaked "I hate Americans, I hate America".  That is official policy of the American Political Party, she was promoted to influencer.  Besides that she appeared to be very slightly a "person of color".  Now it appears she has bleached herself, that seems to be OK with the media, she still holds the rank of influencer.

Taylor Swift showed photographs of herself with pro Biden, pro Democrat propaganda.  That is official policy of The Party so her career is promoted to that of big influencer.  

Travis Kelce kneeled during the national anthem, making a racist hate statement by doing so.  Racist hate is official policy of The Party, so he is promoted to the rank of big influencer.  

Big stars can become big through talent, but there are plenty of people with talent who we will never hear of.  There is a promotion industry working to push forward careers of sports and entertainment people.  Entertainers, including sports figures, and their agents and promoters better do what The Party wants or else.  This is classic carrot and stick that is used by totalitarian government.

also this. mostly this

at the end of the day she's a uber rich leftist who would see most posters here disarmed, dead, and say they deserved it, but arfcucks will still simp for her
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Her early songs were absolutely original and great lyrics and music.

She backed that up with a huge catalog of forgettable stuff but managed 1-2 hooks per album.  Seventeen years later she has a big enough hits catalog to fill a 2-3 hour show and knows enough to invest millions in production to get billions back.

She is the new Garth Brooks.  She manufactured and marketed herself into a star and is now reaping the rewards.
View Quote

This is the correct answer like it or not.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Almost forgot the obligatory TayTay pic.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:59:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Her music is apparently good enough to make her a billionaire.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Her early songs were absolutely original and great lyrics and music.

She backed that up with a huge catalog of forgettable stuff but managed 1-2 hooks per album.  Seventeen years later she has a big enough hits catalog to fill a 2-3 hour show and knows enough to invest millions in production to get billions back.

She is the new Garth Brooks.  She manufactured and marketed herself into a star and is now reaping the rewards.
View Quote

She was born to wealthy parents that heavily promoted her.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#15]
She's very smart. Have no doubt.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

She started in country and successfully moved to the pop genre when the timing was right. She had excellent marketing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

She started in country and successfully moved to the pop genre when the timing was right. She had excellent marketing.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

The quality of the music is one small part of it. She had perfect timing and marketing. Timing probably the most important part.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#19]
An entire nation of teenage girls, and 20-somethings, and 30-somethings, singing into their hairbrush in front of a mirror and imagining how awesome they are.

It's not music, it's just shit, for retards, And this is why this dude-shaped female is a billionaire. It's pathetic.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:12:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey another I cannot believe or understand Taylor Swift's success.

For the love of God someone make it stop.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Effective PR crew.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I liked some of her early music.  She is part of the propaganda apparatus now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

She has a net worth of about a billion dollars. Billion with a "B". You're right. She has no appeal to anyone....

View Quote

A persons net worth doesn’t equate to human life value in my book.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#24]
She is a product with a strong marketing team. Everyone buys it even though it's the worst option.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#25]
The type of grown women that like her are the same types that graduate high school, go to college to be teachers, graduate college and then go back to school as a teacher and end up having sex with one their students.  They're mentally or emotionally stunted.  They want to keep living like they're 16 years old.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#26]
This may be shocking to you all, but people are allowed to like things that you don’t like.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The type of grown women that like her are the same types that graduate high school, go to college to be teachers, graduate college and then go back to school as a teacher and end up having sex with one their students.  They're mentally or emotionally stunted.  They want to keep living like they're 16 years old.
View Quote

Goddam dude maybe they just like music and want to do something fun on their days off.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:38:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
She's cute and her songs are catchy and pleasant.

It's not everyone else, it's you. Don't cut yourself on that edge.
View Quote

Same feeling.
She’s attractive, just young. She does have a good voice and skill. Just too many simplistic songs IMHO.
I think most modern singers are pushed that way (@Beyonce…).

Can I listen to some? Sure. Do I seek it out? Not so much.
I think a lot of the displeasure is more generational.
Imagine the parents of the kids who were Beatle’s fanatics… same deal.

She neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Pop music is quite literally decided by 12 year old girls.  It has been at least since the 70s.

If you want complex adult music there is metal (or maybe some foreign stuff).
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:47:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I dont get it.  Average face, 12 year boy body, average at best voice, her songs are nearly indistinguishable from each other, lyrics are full of teen angst.  Who the fuck listens to this crap.  Her target audience has to be 6 to 14 year old girls because anyone with any taste in music cannot find her “music” remotely entertaining.  Its like listening to dirty asshole.
View Quote

The quintessential guy who did that is no longer with us.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:47:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't get it either. It's bizarre. But hey... Travis kelce is teh ghey, so there's that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Women like her because they have been told to. She is the human version of the Stanley cup they all carry around.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:02:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Women like her because they have been told to. She is the human version of the Stanley cup they all carry around.
View Quote

Seems like there a LOT more "women" on Arf than I realized.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Old, miserable people love to hate something, anything that is synonymous with success.  That's most of it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
She's a 34 YO woman acting like 16 YO girl.

That's it in a nutshell.
View Quote

That's because she was her black cherry destroyed.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#36]
She was good looking girl corrupted by the entertainment industry, run through by a bunch of guys, and now hangs out with haggard Satanists. I understand her music was good too, in an angsty teenage girl sort of way.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:20:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Don’t like what I don’t like, said the 70 year old man to the 14 year old girl.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:21:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Evidently lots of 14 year old girls here.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#39]
How old is the OP?

That will probably explain things.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:28:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP’s question is as old as time.  

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/rock-and-roll-is-banned-in-santa-cruz-california

https://loudwire.com/brutal-history-censorship-metal-rock/

Old people never understand the current generation’s music.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:29:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

yep, and though I'm not a Taylor Swift fan, her older country stuff wasn't terrible. After she switched to pop her music became unlistenable.

I actually learned to play some of her more country songs on the drums years ago because I actually thought they were pretty good if you can ignore some of the lyrics.

Never really been attracted to her though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:36:00 AM EDT
[#42]
My young sister in law was a teenager when TS was still in her wholesome country phase. She and my MIL would bend over backwards to extol the virtues of the glorious infallible TS. Nothing she did was bad, every song she made was perfect.

They completely wrote her off with her later pop stuff and new found generic default liberal opinions.

So at least there's two who fell off the TS wagon.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:48:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Like my wife.

Although, Shake It Off may be the greatest pop song of all time and it thumps like hell if you have a subwoofer.
View Quote
I looked it up to give it a fair shot, that song absolutely blows. I'm sorry. And I actually love pop music - particularly chicks with hooks - but I just can't see the appeal.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Taylor was right..."Haters gonna hate...."
She's not too worried about it...she's just gonna " shake it off"

Shake it off
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:31:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup you got that right, but anyways let’s get some pics of her fine ass up in here
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:35:20 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm getting the impression a lot of folks around here thinks she's still around 20. That was 14 years ago. She's now less than 6 years to 40.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:38:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
A 34 year old women singing five note nursery rhyme songs with ten basic 80's rock star stage poses and stolen eye movements from Susanna Hoffs who hasn't had a real relationship with a man in her entire life.   Grown men fawning over her is even more juvenile than she is.  Kids like her and grown women who haven't grown up either are also fawning over her simplistic jingles about puppy love relationships.
View Quote

This is one of the best explanations I've seen/heard as I've heard OP's question many, many times.

She's average at best.

She's also in a timeframe where the typical 11-16 year old girls who would normally forget about her in a few years are also joined with a 40 something generation of women who have failed to emotionally mature and grow up. Somehow the 2 together are a phenomena regardless of how average everything about her actually is.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:43:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Marketing.  She is placed on a pedestal by the establishment and people succumb to advertising.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:46:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm getting the impression a lot of folks around here thinks she's still around 20. That was 14 years ago. She's now less than 6 years to 40.
View Quote

She still looks great

Been to her last four tours, will go to the next one aswell.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:48:21 AM EDT
[#50]
NPC population incapable of self thought likes what they are told to like
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top