BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 471
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chairborne:

Hey look guys, it’s another Musk ball gargler who doesn’t understand that SpaceX can be a raging success and Tesla a roaring dumpster fire, all at the same time.  
View Quote
@Chairborne: Read the capital letters.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:

When was the last time ULA has had an on-time launch?
Wait...that question may be a little hard, because it has never happened...

When was the last time ULA has had an on-budget launch?
Wait...that question may be a little hard, because it has never happened...
Sorry, those questions are a little bit unfair...

Just exactly how many billions of dollars over-budget is SLS right now?
Wait...maybe that was the wrong question...
Just how many YEARS is SLS behind their promised schedule?

Keep fapping to the people who OPENLY piss down your back, and then tell you that it's raining.
They like that.
View Quote
@Darkstar117: Read the capital letters.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

If your satire requires explanation, then it is failed satire.

View Quote
I know...
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Over under MK1 lawn darts on landing 1?
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:10:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigPony] [#6]
50/50 is my guess. It is their first try after all. I give mk2 75/25 of sticking the landing after they make adjustments. Then mk3 I think they have everything down reliably and mk4 goes to space unmanned and mk5 manned. Just how I see it playing out.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:15:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#7]
Originally Posted By Blue_Devil_JD:
@Darkstar117: Read the capital letters.
View Quote
I did catch it, I'm just venting.

What are the names of the companies that compose United Launch Alliance?

Which companies are contracted to build the following components of SLS?
1) Orion Crew Module.
2) Upper Stage.
3) Exploration Upper Stage.

The only one that isn't part of ULA is Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems, who is probably going to build the SRBs for SLS.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Neotopiaman:
You say that, but your level of displayed butthurt is greater than all of the other posters in this thread put together...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

Spacex has no affect on my life.
You say that, but your level of displayed butthurt is greater than all of the other posters in this thread put together...
Not at all.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
Give it a few more years and it will be obvious even to you.
View All Quotes

Spacex has no affect on my life.
Give it a few more years and it will be obvious even to you.
No.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:

I did catch it, I'm just venting.

What are the names of the companies that compose United Launch Alliance?

Which companies are contracted to build the following components of SLS?
1) Orion Crew Module.
2) Upper Stage.
3) Exploration Upper Stage.

The only one that isn't part of ULA is Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems, who is probably going to build the SRBs for SLS.
View Quote
I believe the companies building those are General Electric, Microsoft, and Monsanto/Bayer. I might be off though.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

I agree. I couldn’t care less about fucking Tesla.
View Quote
To be fair, they probably don’t want to have sex with you either.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 12:30:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#15]
If you are so self-admittedly clueless, why are you in this thread?  Just to troll I wager.
View All Quotes

No.
If you are so self-admittedly clueless, why are you in this thread?  Just to troll I wager.
I'm not clueless. I like this stuff, but to see people literally worship humans and their endeavors is sad. No human will save you, me, or the rest of the human race. Those are the facts.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Dome installed on Mk2 in Cocoa

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#18]
So, explain how someone who is going to build a massive 24,000 satellite constellation, for starters, is not going to affect you?  Are you posting via smoke-signal?
View All Quotes

I'm not clueless. I like this stuff, but to see people literally worship humans and their endeavors is sad. No human will save you, me, or the rest of the human race. Those are the facts.
So, explain how someone who is going to build a massive 24,000 satellite constellation, for starters, is not going to affect you?  Are you posting via smoke-signal?
We're posting right now.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 4:00:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castlebravo84] [#19]
How would that even work, with no tailpipe?

Asking for a friend.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zonan:
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

I agree. I couldn’t care less about fucking Tesla.
To be fair, they probably don’t want to have sex with you either.
How would that even work, with no tailpipe?

Asking for a friend.
Short the ~400vdc pack with your junk and I bet you make orbit.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

No.
Worship

If SpaceX wasn't doing it another organization would.

This isn't worship, it's enthusiasm for scientific progress. We stand a far greater chance of survival if we spread beyond a single planet.

You may enjoy a fatalistic view where we shouldn't do anything because it's all pointless, but I prefer to see how far we can go.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
Yeah,  some people put other things above human achievement.  I see you.

Meanwhile, SpaceX will take us places. Us.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Blue_Devil_JD:

I believe the companies building those are General Electric, Microsoft, and Monsanto/Bayer. I might be off though.
View Quote
Northrop also has the contract to build the main section of the Lunar Gateway Space Station (which is going on right now)  so do not feel sad for Northrop. They still got their piece of the pie
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 6:37:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigPony] [#23]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:

Worship

This isn't worship, it's enthusiasm for scientific progress. We stand a far greater chance of survival if we spread beyond a single planet.

You may enjoy a fatalistic view where we shouldn't do anything because it's all pointless, but I prefer to see how far we can go.
View Quote
Yup.. Starship is going to lead to the biggest revolution is space discovery in our history. Keep in mind, it does not just end with the Moon and Mars. You start using Mars as your starting point eventually and the moons of Jupiter are 11 months away. Opens the opportunity for study both unmanned and manned of some of the most interesting objects in the solar system. And places with fairly high chances of life being discovered.

If someone cannot see and understand what this all leads too?  The science, the technologies that will be developed, the discoveries etc. then all I can say to a person like that is... ok boomer.

Oh yeah. Also Pad testing of the Starship Mk1's tanks is going on literally rn until 8pm central time.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BigPony:

Yup.. Starship is going to lead to the biggest revolution is space discovery in our history. Keep in mind, it does not just end with the Moon and Mars. You start using Mars as your starting point eventually and the moons of Jupiter are 11 months away. Opens the opportunity for study both unmanned and manned of some of the most interesting objects in the solar system. And places with fairly high chances of life being discovered.

If someone cannot see and understand what this all leads too?  The science, the technologies that will be developed, the discoveries etc. then all I can say to a person like that is... ok boomer.
View Quote
Carl Sagan would have loved this step.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ErikS:

Carl Sagan would have loved this step.
View Quote
Indeed.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 7:21:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#26]

Oh yeah. Also Pad testing of the Starship Mk1's tanks is going on literally rn until 8pm central time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:

Worship

I'm just glad I'm alive to see these advances, and at the same time sad because I don't have a personal FTL ship to explore

Just the fact that I might be alive to see man colonize another planet is enough to make me happy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#27]
SpaceX Starship Mk1’s most important tests yet could begin just hours from now

"SpaceX’s South Texas Starship Mk1 prototype is on the verge of kicking off a critical period of ground tests, ranging from tank pressurization and propellant loading to the rocket’s first triple-Raptor engine static fire. The campaign could begin soon – perhaps as soon as later today  (18 November 2019), in fact."
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#28]
"Today (Nov. 18), NASA announced the selection of SpaceX, Blue Origin, Sierra Nevada Corp., Ceres Robotics and Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems, Inc. to join its Commercial Lunar Payload Services program (CLPS). The five companies can now vie to deliver robotic payloads to the lunar surface for NASA, helping to pave the way for the return of astronauts to the moon by 2024..."

https://www.space.com/nasa-picks-spacex-blue-origin-private-moon-lander-companies.html
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like pressurization testing is being conducted..

Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like pressurization testing is being conducted..

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/assets/48895.0/1594928.jpg
View Quote
Does it look like a failed test :(
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
Completely accurate. Wait until SpaceX starts using the Starship platform for asteroid mining. There are reports of nearby asteroids that are unimaginably valuable. I see them hauling these materials back to the Lagrange points between Earth and the moon. Some construction will be done in these areas. Other materials will be brought back to Earth and the colonies.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:46:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#32]
Interesting activity right now. They appear to be spraying it with something. Hopefully not soapy water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkPyUUOT1dg

Live! 24/7 SpaceX Boca Chica Starship Construction and Launch Facility

They said probably nitrogen decontaminating and checking for micro fractures.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 2:40:43 AM EDT
[#33]
"Today (Nov. 18), NASA announced the selection of SpaceX, Blue Origin, Sierra Nevada Corp., Ceres Robotics and Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems, Inc. to join its Commercial Lunar Payload Services program (CLPS). The five companies can now vie to deliver robotic payloads to the lunar surface for NASA, helping to pave the way for the return of astronauts to the moon by 2024..."

https://www.space.com/nasa-picks-spacex-blue-origin-private-moon-lander-companies.html
View Quote
They should give it to SpaceX. I mean they should be there a year ahead of NASA minimum. And that assumes NASA does not get its budget cut by Congress - which seems fairly likely actually.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By j0eschm0:
I know we love to shit on musk, but damn if SpaceX hasn't been a fucking miracle.
View Quote
who shits on musk?

Dudes a real life Tony Stark/Bruce Wayne, without lame plot armor.  Dude is a goddam legend
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#37]
In the future, you will be posting on his backbone and your cell traffic will be routed over it too.
View All Quotes

We're posting right now.
In the future, you will be posting on his backbone and your cell traffic will be routed over it too.
That sounds good to you?
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By geoint:

who shits on musk?
View Quote
You're on Arf.

Musk is smart and rich, of course most people here hate him and celebrate each failure
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Universal cell coverage sounds damn good.
View All Quotes

That sounds good to you?
Universal cell coverage sounds damn good.
Monopolies sound bad to me.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
Good thing One Web and Amazon are putting up competing constellations then.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:

Good!
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#43]
I do not worship Musk or idolize him.
Nor do I follow false gods and prophets.
I do appreciate his vision and what he is accomplishing.
Been following the Space Program since the earlier 1960's, with my Dad.
Inspired me to get get involved in technology and and electronics, which led to a fantastic career.
Having said that, when is lift off test hop?
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By hdhogman:
I do not worship Musk or idolize him.
Nor do I follow false gods and prophets.
I do appreciate his vision and what he is accomplishing.
Been following the Space Program since the earlier 1960's, with my Dad.
Inspired me to get get involved in technology and and electronics, which led to a fantastic career.
Having said that, when is lift off test hop?
View Quote
Supposed to be in December last we been told a month ago.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#45]
The veil will be pierced, the frontier opened, and someone's illusions will be shattered.

Tick, tock.  The time for humanity to leave the cradle approaches.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#46]
It is going to be the biggest thing to happen to humanity thus far.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#47]
It just failed the pressure test and blew the top off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d8l_0w2VKM
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 5:41:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KonamiCode] [#50]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

View Quote
https://twitter.com/NASASpaceflight/status/1197265917589303296?s=20
Page / 471
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top