Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I couldn't sleep last night and one of the times I was wandering around the house trying to stay out of the fridge I realized the new episode had dropped.

Watching it with the kids this morning was a lot more fun, I don't nit-pick and the corny sorta-clever parts, like bad-shooting scouts, was a big hit.  It's a good show, but with little kids it's a GREAT show.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I battle myself with my nitpicking trying to rationalize what’s worth nitpicking over but other than a couple scenes the ships in the show haven’t been CGI’d well. Hopefully they work on that. The Witcher show is firing their CGI and getting a new company for season 2
I couldn't sleep last night and one of the times I was wandering around the house trying to stay out of the fridge I realized the new episode had dropped.

Watching it with the kids this morning was a lot more fun, I don't nit-pick and the corny sorta-clever parts, like bad-shooting scouts, was a big hit.  It's a good show, but with little kids it's a GREAT show.
My daughter got upset when Baby Yoda was picked up by the Scout Troopers. She was really, really happy when IG-11 rescued him. She got very upset and had to go into her room when IG-11 got out of the boat and started walking through the lava. She looked at me and with tears in her eyes and asked, 'Why?' I explained why and she just looked at the TV and said, 'I can't watch. I'm done.'

She had the same reaction in Rogue One when K2SO was killed.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is something that I forgot until the last episode, but Mando's family was apparently killed by Separatist droids? Wonder what planet he's from.
View Quote
Good question.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is the darksaber just a standard lightsaber with a black blade? It looked like it had some curve, and the shape of a real blade. Like it's a beskar sword, with a sheath of lightsaber energy around it.
View Quote
It's a lightsaber. It's literally an artifact at this point as it was crafted by the first Mandalorian Jedi millennia before.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Baby Yoda receiving official foundling status
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is something that I forgot until the last episode, but Mando's family was apparently killed by Separatist droids? Wonder what planet he's from.
Good question.
You know I was wondering that too and then I saw the architecture of the buildings from the overhead shot and it looked sort of like Naboo. Or at least the architecture was very Nabooish
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
See, I was under the impression he's looking for BY species, not for the Jedi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Excellent episode.  I have to change my mind and declare ep 8 the best of the series.

Did they save money by just using footage of mando from the GOT’s fight vs the mountain?

Gina’s cara was great.  I miss quill and IG.

Really well done first season and I’m really glad mando will be traveling the galaxy looking for Jedi.
I’m not sure. Need to watch again.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You know I was wondering that too and then I saw the architecture of the buildings from the overhead shot and it looked sort of like Naboo. Or at least the architecture was very Nabooish
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good question.
The biggest question is when did Death Watch clash with the separatists? They were aligned with Dooku.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The biggest question is when did Death Watch clash with the separatists? They were aligned with Dooku.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good question.
That's a good question too
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm not sure. Need to watch again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Excellent episode.  I have to change my mind and declare ep 8 the best of the series.

Did they save money by just using footage of mando from the GOT's fight vs the mountain?

Gina's cara was great.  I miss quill and IG.

Really well done first season and I'm really glad mando will be traveling the galaxy looking for Jedi.
I'm not sure. Need to watch again.
Could be taken either way I think, due to Mando's misunderstanding of the leaders abbreviated explanation.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Imagine a one off 40 min episode in the every day life of a stormtrooper directed by Waititi. I would watch it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Scout Troopers were like a scene out of the Family Guy Star Wars episodes
LOL very true.
Imagine a one off 40 min episode in the every day life of a stormtrooper directed by Waititi. I would watch it.
It would be better than 98%+ of all content available today.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It would be better than 98%+ of all content available today.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
He’ll have as much luck either way, hopefully he won’t bump into Rey. Disney needs to keep the trilogy crap far away from this show
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is the darksaber just a standard lightsaber with a black blade? It looked like it had some curve, and the shape of a real blade. Like it’s a beskar sword, with a sheath of lightsaber energy around it.
View Quote
It’s different than all other lightsabers. It also requires more to use {properly} from the wielder. It also makes sounds different than the others. Filloni probably assumes everyone has watched Clone Wars animated and Rebels animated
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#17]
The two scout troopers’ voices were incredibly familiar, but I couldn’t place them. Anyone know?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It’s different than all other lightsabers. It also requires more to use {properly} from the wielded. It also makes sounds different than the others. Filloni probably assumes everyone has watched Clone Wars animated and Rebels animated
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the darksaber just a standard lightsaber with a black blade? It looked like it had some curve, and the shape of a real blade. Like it’s a beskar sword, with a sheath of lightsaber energy around it.
It’s different than all other lightsabers. It also requires more to use {properly} from the wielded. It also makes sounds different than the others. Filloni probably assumes everyone has watched Clone Wars animated and Rebels animated
I’ll get around to watching them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:07:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The two scout troopers’ voices were incredibly familiar, but I couldn’t place them. Anyone know?
View Quote
Adam Pally and Jason Sudeikis played two bike scout troopers in "Chapter 8: Redemption
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Compare binge show threads like the Expanse or Witcher with 73 pages of the Mandalorian and people painting BY on buildings. Weekly release is the past and the future Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It’s different than all other lightsabers. It also requires more to use {properly} from the wielder. It also makes sounds different than the others. Filloni probably assumes everyone has watched Clone Wars animated and Rebels animated
View Quote
and if they haven't, this may drive traffic towards watching them.  Especially all the Gen Xers whose kids (like my son) are patiently explaining to them the history of the Mandalorians and the Darksaber.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Adam Pally and Jason Sudeikis played two bike scout troopers in "Chapter 8: Redemption
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Huh. Well, I’ve seen we’re the millers, but I have no idea who #2 was. His voice sounded most familiar, must be a coincidence.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
They were, but Dooku betrayed them at some point. It would make sense for that scene to have occurred in the latter part of the Clone Wars.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Uncredited on IMDB, maybe they are in the credits at the end of the episode.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The Scout Troopers were like a scene out of the Family Guy Star Wars episodes
View Quote
They should really get Seth McFarlane to write some episodes.  That was the best writing I’ve seen this season.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Baby Yoda's most powerful force ability is feels.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My daughter got upset when Baby Yoda was picked up by the Scout Troopers. She was really, really happy when IG-11 rescued him. She got very upset and had to go into her room when IG-11 got out of the boat and started walking through the lava. She looked at me and with tears in her eyes and asked, 'Why?' I explained why and she just looked at the TV and said, 'I can't watch. I'm done.'

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I battle myself with my nitpicking trying to rationalize what's worth nitpicking over but other than a couple scenes the ships in the show haven't been CGI'd well. Hopefully they work on that. The Witcher show is firing their CGI and getting a new company for season 2

IG-11 will forever be remembered.  Best nanny droid ever.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
IG-11 will forever be remembered.  Best nanny droid ever.
View Quote
IG was a reflection of Kuille’s patient reprogramming who Mando respected and trusted, really a testimony to Nick Nolte’s character Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Baby Yoda's most powerful force ability is feels.
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/685/766/06c.gif
There it is.  Mah feels.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is something straight out of the comics.

Giancarlo Esposito being the ruthless motherfucker he is.

Greef doing shoots had me like

Mando finally got his jetpack.

Scout Troopers

Baby Yoda

I can't love this show enough.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/B97CA8B1-8588-4F00-815D-E51834EB5C26_png-1210661.JPG
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
He’ll have as much luck either way, hopefully he won’t bump into Rey. Disney needs to keep the trilogy crap far away from this show https://preview.redd.it/6dfm0c4ebo541.jpg?auto=webp&s=845a54daabe9d0511d69784e86e134303b4b689a
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’ll have as much luck either way, hopefully he won’t bump into Rey. Disney needs to keep the trilogy crap far away from this show https://preview.redd.it/6dfm0c4ebo541.jpg?auto=webp&s=845a54daabe9d0511d69784e86e134303b4b689a
Considering the time frame, wouldn't it be more likely that if he went searching for the Jedi he would come across Luke and his new academy.

I hope he just goes searching for the species so we can keep all the old characters away from this.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Omg.  What a show!!!! That it all!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#34]
The interaction between the two storm troopers at the beginning seemed out of place and makes me roll my eyes.

Also, some things didn’t make sense. One minutes, there are tons of storm troopers. The next minute a “flame trooper?” shows up, acting like some kind of badass, and goes in solo?

Plot based character decisions drive me nuts also. The Mandalorian armorer stays behind to face certain death (or not, because storm troopers are inept) so that she can scrounge armor? How was she the only Mandalorian to stay behind on the planet and survive? We see a pile of helmets and armor, but she somehow survived the empire... ok..

There are some really good things about the show, and some really bad things.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The interaction between the two storm troopers at the beginning seemed out of place and makes me roll my eyes.

--SNIP---

There are some really good things about the show, and some really bad things.
View Quote
I kind of see what you are saying, but if you have ever been around a platoon, it is not out of context. At all...

For me, at least, the scene actually heightened the realism, and was hilarious to boot.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Considering the time frame, wouldn't it be more likely that if he went searching for the Jedi he would come across Luke and his new academy.

I hope he just goes searching for the species so we can keep all the old characters away from this.
View Quote
Probably but they’d have to CGI Hamill like crazy
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I never want to see another show with a Skywalker character.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
This... the Skywalker family should be wiped from the universe
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Also, some things didn’t make sense. One minutes, there are tons of storm troopers. The next minute a “flame trooper?” shows up, acting like some kind of badass, and goes in solo?  
View Quote
Would you want to go into close quarters with a walking bomb? Those troopers may be smarter than we think.,

The scouts scene bothered me at first, but when I thought about it I realized how brilliant it was.
And I was happy to see IG-11 show up.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’m good with that.
Heck, I’d be fine if theres no mention of Jedi or Sith at all for now.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Episode 8.... my review....
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is something straight out of the comics.

Giancarlo Esposito being the ruthless motherfucker he is.

Greef doing shoots had me like

Mando finally got his jetpack.

Scout Troopers

Baby Yoda

I can't love this show enough.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
While The Moff is still alive I would imagine his ability too hunt the baby is severely restricted.
View Quote
more bounty hunters or from the clone wars cartoon the sith inquisidors? may have misspelled can't remember
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#44]
"creed"?  and then cut to carl wethers?

and the 'scum and villany' line.... perfect.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Was kinda expecting the bounty/nurse droid to be a sidekick for next season...
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

There it is.  Mah feels.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#47]
episode directed by adolph hitler
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
That was the single most perfect portrayal of the military ever to be put to film.  It was absolutely brilliant and not at all out of place.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Wow great last episodes. That is Star Wars.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup, over and over. That's my dream episode. NO Skywalkers.
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top