Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good question. I'd read them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't read the whole thread, but I like what I've seen so far.

Are there any books that give more details about the Mandalorians?
Start with Hard Contact by Karen Traviss.
Then continue with Triple Zero, True Colors, Order 66, and Imperial Commando by the same author.
None of it is canon anymore, but it’s probably the closest you’ll get to more depth on Mandalorians.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can you expand on that? Because I was always under the impression that Boba (and subsequently Jango) Fett was a Mandalorian. I get that there was a line in the Clone Wars dismissing Jango, but if the President disavowed a US citizen for one reasone or another, that person doesn't stop being an American, does it?
Is "Mandalorian" an ethnicity or a religion? Aren't people from Mandalore Mandalorian? Dutchess Satine, Fen Rau, Sabine Wren, everyone else that was introduced in the Clone Wars and Rebels Mandalorian epidodes?
Or is there just no clear cut definition and we'll all find out during this series?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jango was/is mandalorian but not recognized my their government. It's like you were Catholic and the pope excommunicated you.
Can you expand on that? Because I was always under the impression that Boba (and subsequently Jango) Fett was a Mandalorian. I get that there was a line in the Clone Wars dismissing Jango, but if the President disavowed a US citizen for one reasone or another, that person doesn't stop being an American, does it?
Is "Mandalorian" an ethnicity or a religion? Aren't people from Mandalore Mandalorian? Dutchess Satine, Fen Rau, Sabine Wren, everyone else that was introduced in the Clone Wars and Rebels Mandalorian epidodes?
Or is there just no clear cut definition and we'll all find out during this series?
Boba is nothing more than a clone of guy who was a Mandalorian.

Boba wasn't raised in Mandalorian culture; Jango didn't raise Boba as a Mandalorian.

"Mandalorian" in its current state in the SW universe is mostly a culture and way of life.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The Mandalorians originally before absorbing others into their culture https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Taung Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
[img]https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/40985303-4A20-4029-B555-D4FE509D20BB_jpeg-1169039.JPG" />
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
George Lucas says Jango Fett is not Mandalorian.

DAVE FILONI: Is Jango Fett A Mandalorian?
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I collected all the artwork off the Twitter feed along with some off the Disney+ website and made a album. Today they released the original artwork of the credit photos save one that don't have that plastered over look.

The Mandalorian Gallery

Full view of this photo.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I collected all the artwork off the Twitter feed along with some off the Disney+ website and made a album. Today they released the original artwork of the credit photos save one that don't have that plastered over look.

The Mandalorian Gallery

Full view of this photo.
https://files.catbox.moe/0ryozk.png
View Quote
examples from gallery
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPw08Bimr0Y
View Quote
Even in that explanation he’s still wrong as the pre clone wars Madolorians weren’t human as per 1995 Dark Horse comics that he is referencing in that video Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Boba wasn't raised in Mandalorian culture; Jango didn't raise Boba as a Mandalorian.

"Mandalorian" in its current state in the SW universe is mostly a culture and way of life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jango was/is mandalorian but not recognized my their government. It's like you were Catholic and the pope excommunicated you.

If you cloned an Italian guy, you’d have another Italian. Right?

But, point taken. It’s more of a way of life. And from the subsequent replies, Mandalorians weren’t originally human.

Just seems a little unnecessary to exclude the most recognizable wearers of Mando armor from the cool guy club. But I have faith in Filoni so I’ll just kick back and enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Even in that explanation he’s still wrong as the pre clone wars Madolorians weren’t human https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/AC6E661A-8D85-48F1-9E64-E7810673AA9F_jpeg-1169035.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPw08Bimr0Y
Even in that explanation he’s still wrong as the pre clone wars Madolorians weren’t human https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/AC6E661A-8D85-48F1-9E64-E7810673AA9F_jpeg-1169035.JPG
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You still have to rely on Legends, aka not canon, for that to work. There is absolutely nothing in current canon that supports your theory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Man-DeLorean Theory

Baby Yoda is Yoda

Remember Doc Brown from Back to the Future 3?

1. We know nothing of Yoda's origins, beyond his age.

2. The force balances itself - Baby Yoda born at the same time as Anakin (yin/yang).

3. Time travel exists in Star Wars universe (see Star Wars Rebels).

4. To protect Baby Yoda (and the timeline), Baby Yoda will end up being sent back in time hundreds of years.

5. None of the above violates any continuity in the other movies or TV series.
You still have to rely on Legends, aka not canon, for that to work. There is absolutely nothing in current canon that supports your theory.
Star Wars Rebels is canon.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Yup
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Why have people allowed a very simple story to become so fucking convoluted and confusing over all these years?!?

At the root of it, Star Wars is a good vs evil tale - and one of the "little guy" overcoming great adversity to make a real difference in his world. It's a story everyone should be able to appreciate and identify with.

Then, came the shit-show, merchandise-selling, kiddie-appealing prequels and the horrendous recent episodes with the SJW bullshit crammed down our throats with Mary Sue, et al.

The Madalorian, good or bad overall, is a welcome change - thus far. It's got it's comedic scenes and all, but it's got grit too. I'm enjoying it because it's reminiscent of the original trilogy - when shit was simple, like the basic formula.

I hope they keep with that basic premise and I'm hopefully optimistic they will.

As always, YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why have people allowed a very simple story to become so fucking convoluted and confusing over all these years?!?

At the root of it, Star Wars is a good vs evil tale - and one of the "little guy" overcoming great adversity to make a real difference in his world. It's a story everyone should be able to appreciate and identify with.

Then, came the shit-show, merchandise-selling, kiddie-appealing prequels and the horrendous recent episodes with the SJW bullshit crammed down our throats with Mary Sue, et al.

The Madalorian, good or bad overall, is a welcome change - thus far. It's got it's comedic scenes and all, but it's got grit too. I'm enjoying it because it's reminiscent of the original trilogy - when shit was simple, like the basic formula.

I hope they keep with that basic premise and I'm hopefully optimistic they will.

As always, YMMV.
View Quote
I’d say it’s because Lucas really only cared about telling the story of Anakin but the success of Star Wars overwhelmed and eclipsed him like people wanting to know more about Bobba  Fett which Lucas could give a shit about. Lucas sold his creation and lost control of it
Lucasfilm President Responds to George Lucas' Disappointment of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:09:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

As always, YMMV.
View Quote
WRONG

The Sith are the good guys. Luke and his friends are terrorists.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:27:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Then continue with Triple Zero, True Colors, Order 66, and Imperial Commando by the same author.
None of it is canon anymore, but it’s probably the closest you’ll get to more depth on Mandalorians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't read the whole thread, but I like what I've seen so far.

Are there any books that give more details about the Mandalorians?
and they're all terrible stories written terribly by a terrible person, besides being non-canon.  Save your time.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:31:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We knew back when ESB came out that Fett's armor was Mandalorian, but he wasn't
View Quote
I was really into the Star Wars EU books and character guides stuff before the prequels came out, and IIRC wasn't the original EU backstory behind Boba Fett that he was an exiled/disgraced Mandalorian cop named Jaster Mereel?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:49:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Well as my kid said Stormtroopers continue to be the Star Trek red shirts. They’ve been nerfed since 1977. The majority of nerd channels don’t like the short times per episode and I agree. 50 minutes would be standard, an hour is probably too much to ask but less than 40 is a drawback. Even though the thread includes spoilers now, I’ll save further comments till everyone else has seen #3 Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:39:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well as my kid said Stormtroopers continue to be the Star Trek red shirts. They’ve been nerfed since 1977. The majority of nerd channels don’t like the short times per episode and I agree. 50 minutes would be standard, an hour is probably too much to ask but less than 40 is a drawback. Even though the thread includes spoilers now, I’ll save further comments till everyone else has seen #3 http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/43000000/The-Mandalorian-Chapter-2-The-Child-star-wars-43099690-540-270.gif https://media1.tenor.com/images/4ba582dc1560ec5bec4b80eb1a1d7cb5/tenor.gif?itemid=15572788https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/4740E363-5288-4E63-ACF2-A7CD96E06E2F_jpeg-1169467.JPG
View Quote
I agree about the length.  This latest one shows a runtime of 38 minutes, but it's 1:38 until the recap and opening credits are done, then there's 5 minutes of credits at the end - it barely makes 30 minutes.  I think the 2nd episode was only 26 minutes of actual, new show.

ETA: 30 minute episodes at 8 episodes for the season really sucks.  Make it 18-20 episodes in the season and the length can be forgiven.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 6:01:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Just watched episode 3.   Daaaaaaaamn.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Episode 3 spoiler review.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Just watched ep 3. I am entirely hooked.

The infiltration scene was just perfect. Loved the closer look into how the Mandos interact in the forge. The vibro blades were a nice touch, at first I thought the actors hands were just shaking.

Does he still have no signet?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I’ve heard criticisms of the length before. I personally don’t (won’t - haven’t watched it yet and likely won’t ‘til after Christmas) have a problem with that.

Why? Because I want them to tell the story they have in the arc without any padding for time or rushing to fit an artificially preconceived XX minute expectation. We want an hour or 47-50 minute show because it fits into our schedule better or because of reductions for commercials...

I’m really enjoying the sci-fi Dust shorts on YouTube... They vary wildly in length, some 5 minutes, some 25+. All that matters is the story.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Just watched it. This has been the best episode yet. I have cautious optimism for the future of the franchise once this train wreck of a trilogy is over with.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I’ve heard criticisms of the length before. I personally don’t (won’t - haven’t watched it yet and likely won’t ‘til after Christmas) have a problem with that.

Why? Because I want them to tell the story they have in the arc without any padding for time or rushing to fit an artificially preconceived XX minute expectation. We want an hour or 47-50 minute show because it fits into our schedule better or because of reductions for commercials...

I’m really enjoying the sci-fi Dust shorts on YouTube... They vary wildly in length, some 5 minutes, some 25+. All that matters is the story.
View Quote
This. While I'd obviously like to have a longer show, I want the director to make it good. And whatever length makes the show good is fine by me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The infiltration scene was just perfect. Loved the closer look into how the Mandos interact in the forge. The vibro blades were a nice touch, at first I thought the actors hands were just shaking.

View Quote
I agree. I thought the ending battle was really cool.

The end where he's flying , the little hands come up, he unscrews the shifter knob and gives it to the child.

I thought that was great!
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#29]
This is the way.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The end where he's flying , the little hands come up and he unscrews the shifter knob and gives it to the child.

I thought that was great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The end where he's flying , the little hands come up and he unscrews the shifter knob and gives it to the child.

I thought that was great.
The show’s got a lot of heart. Really reminds me of Firefly.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This is the way.
View Quote
This is the way.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Its impressive that the mando characters seemed to convey emotion even without facial expressions...
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#33]
How do you not ever take your helmet off?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How do you not ever take your helmet off?
View Quote
Shhhhhhh.

Don’t overthink it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Still have yet to watch this show. What are the chances it's awesome for a few seasons, then ends up culminating into a steaming pile of shit, when the writers are unable to tie loose ends together?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#36]
That third episode was fantastic!
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:42:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is the way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the way.
This is the way.
This is the way.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Episode 3 has been the best one yet.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Still have yet to watch this show. What are the chances it's awesome for a few seasons, then ends up culminating into a steaming pile of shit, when the writers are unable to tie loose ends together?
View Quote
Just loosen up and enjoy the damn show. It's awesome, and the best thing to happen to Star Wars since Rogue One, and I'm nearing the point of ranking it above that even.

Great series.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just loosen up and enjoy the damn show. It's awesome, and the best thing to happen to Star Wars since Rogue One, and I'm nearing the point of ranking it above that even.

Great series.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great series.
Episode 3 should nudge it above Rogue One if you havent already seen it
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Great series.
View Quote
I loosened up and watched Lost, Dexter, and Game of Thrones. Can't help but be justifiably jaded at this point.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Episode 3 directed by Deborah Chow. Hmm.
Havent seen her other stuff but she did good work on ep 3

Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Seeing the other mandalorians in action was cool.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#46]
short ep again, maybe 30ish minutes, not counting previously on/end credits

seems to fit with what someone said, they are all going to be short for showing on abc next year
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Hnnng

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Good show so far. I'm enjoying it.  The end of the last episode didn't really go as I'd have imagined though.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Best episode so far.
-Crispy storm trooper was great.
-The helmet rule is IMO is more of a sign that you have never lost a fight or been forced to remove his helmet (because that would start a fight).
-Seeing the HUD inside the helmet was awesome
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top