User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A 1911. Just because they look nice. But I once bought a gun just because it looked cool, and then I never shot it. It was hammerless Ruger SP101 with a 2.25" barrel. I saw a pic of one with black Badger Custom boot grips (not mine, but exactly like this) and decided I needed it. Got the same grips and put them on. Said to myself "Wow, that's a sexy ass gun. It would look neat in a photo laying on a nice wooden desk, next to a lit cigar and glass of whiskey."

Then I remembered I don't have a nice wood desk, I don't smoke cigars, and I don't drink. I figure it wouldn't look as cool sitting on a cheap wooden table, next to a lit Newport and a plastic cup of Coke.

Sold the grips in the EE. Still have the SP101 and it's still unfired. A reminder to myself to not buy guns based on looks.
View Quote

You should have taken the photo anyways. With the cup of coke and a Newport.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A 1911. Just because they look nice. But I once bought a gun just because it looked cool, and then I never shot it. It was hammerless Ruger SP101 with a 2.25" barrel. I saw a pic of one with black Badger Custom boot grips (not mine, but exactly like this) and decided I needed it. Got the same grips and put them on. Said to myself "Wow, that's a sexy ass gun. It would look neat in a photo laying on a nice wooden desk, next to a lit cigar and glass of whiskey."

Then I remembered I don't have a nice wood desk, I don't smoke cigars, and I don't drink. I figure it wouldn't look as cool sitting on a cheap wooden table, next to a lit Newport and a plastic cup of Coke.

Sold the grips in the EE. Still have the SP101 and it's still unfired. A reminder to myself to not buy guns based on looks.

I know. I'm mad that I didn't.

And ever since looking at pics to find the one I linked to in my post....I want to get the same grips again.

Note to self: No, NY_Shooter, no! Don't do it. You're smarter than that. (I'm really not.)
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
KelTec KSG
View Quote

KelTec PLR16
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
KelTec KSG
View Quote

I wouldn’t mind a RDB (I think that is the downward ejecting 5.56 bull pup).

I am cross-dominant and shoot both right and left handed.  I think a rifle that could switch back and forth would be fun.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Ruger Jager rifle.

$8,000 of uselessness but i want it
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Stoner 63. It just looks neat.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Desert eagle in .50. All the more cost for Ammo with marginal gains over .44.

Sxs 12. O/U is better and I have zero use for a sxs. But reasons.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Judge
Shockwave

Because my state considers both to be SBS and won’t let me have them
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#11]
SxS field grade 500 NE

More affordable
CZ 550 375H&H
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Swedish K that takes Glock mags.

I’ve been researching how to make this happen for a few months. Hopefully I can make it a reality someday.
View Quote

Why? The regular 36 round stick mags are among the best mags ever made, and the legacy Suomi mags and drums are pretty decent too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have no explanation, but for some reason I've wanted a Tec 9 or a Mac 10 or 11 lately. I have no idea why.
View Quote

I would like a modernized and improved Tec 9 with a folding shoulder stock like the original prototype.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'll go first, I have always wanted a modernized version of a Lemat.  Big revolver with a shotgun in the middle, maybe .44 mag around 20ga...  or .22 around .410.  It is dumb, I have no use for it, it would probably suck to shoot, and if it was made correctly it would almost have to be a NFA item, but I just thing the concept is cool.  

As a runner up, I have always lusted after some of the old skool drillings, a shotgun or two over centerfire rifle.  I am not a hunter and have no use for this either, but its cool...

So whatcha want?
View Quote

I’ve always wanted a Lemat, Patterson, Sharps, Hammer shotgun, Howdha, original Colt peacemaker, Browning superposed, Thompson machine gun, and the list goes on.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Rossi Ranch Hand in .44mag...because...Tallahassee.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#16]
A Sharps 1874 like the one in Quigley Down Under.  

It would probably destroy what's left of my shoulder but the ammo is so expensive that I wouldn't be able to shoot it very often anyway. Win-win. Or is it lose-lose?
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Always wanted a SxS 8ga shotgun.
View Quote

My Dad has one. Black powder, it's now a wall hanger.

I do remember him shooting it at the range once when I was a kid. It took about 15 minutes for the cloud of smoke to clear
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Really want the keltec CMR30 for no other reason than I think it looks cool.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I had to google that.

"B&T developed the VP9 in response to requests from Swiss veterinarians that required a very quiet firearm for dispatching sick cattle or game injured along the motorway without disturbing the other animals or residence in the area. That is why VP9 stands for Veterinary Pistol 9mm."

Interesting.
View Quote

He must be getting into law enforcement.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm a sucker for guns that are styled 'differently'.  Kriss Vector, Chiappa Rhino, FN FS2000.  Not really stupid but they're still my list of wants.  The stupid ones are USFA Zip .22 and Taurus Curve.  They're the rejects I'd buy if found for dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#22]
A BFR short cylinder in .500 JRH because big bore is big and I have absolutely zero, none, nada practical use for one.

ETA: Wow post #12000. Should I buy that BFR?
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#23]
This was, for me, the Kel-Tec SU-16D9, which I bought. Plastic fantastic AR-15-alike, but it's SO light weight. They just need to do one more revision to the (unserialized) E lower to give it an AR-style selector, and it'd be perfect-ish.

Otherwise, I'm running out of time in my life for stupid guns. Alas.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A BFR short cylinder in .500 JRH because big bore is big and I have absolutely zero, none, nada practical use for one.

ETA: Wow post #12000. Should I buy that BFR?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2021 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I am cross-dominant and shoot both right and left handed.  I think a rifle that could switch back and forth would be fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
KelTec KSG

My son has an RDB and it's a great shooter. Surprisingly, great trigger too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Webley-Fosbery semiautomatic revolver.
View Quote

You got something against Miles Archer?
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I kinda want a Glock 45 even though it is an 80's design that has never fixed the ergo issues...  Why?  I don't know, that is why I haven't gotten one yet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This. In .38 S&W.

Because I just do.

Picture stolen from the thread of the guy that got one for $100.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24748/pistol_jpg-2083669.JPG
View Quote

I’ve got a NIB 2nd Model (1888) but it’s a .38 Safety.

I want a six pound cannon with a carriage.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Maxim 9
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Desert Eagle in .44 Mag or .50 AE

Just because it's an iconic, big, heavy, high recoiling gun.
View Quote
One thing that impressed the hell out of me about the DE is the fact that they don't, in fact, have a lot of recoil.  Loud noises, and large fireballs yes, but not a lot of recoil.  If you want recoil, get one of the Thompson Center Encore guns with a barrel in a suitably stupid caliber.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Colt 1860 by Uberti. Just over $300.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Delisle Carbine.

Just because.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
One thing that impressed the hell out of me about the DE is the fact that they don't, in fact, have a lot of recoil.  Loud noises, and large fireballs yes, but not a lot of recoil.  If you want recoil, get one of the Thompson Center Encore guns with a barrel in a suitably stupid caliber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a 12" Contender in .45-70. It's worse to shoot than the sawed off 12 gauge I posted above.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I have a 12" Contender in .45-70. It's worse to shoot than the sawed off 12 gauge I posted above.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In before someone brags about having one in .50 BMG
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I just picked up a Shockwave last week to fulfill my “stupid but want it anyway” gun need.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#36]
FAMAS.  Because reasons.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1587095316660-489.gif

Same here. I want one even longer and more bawdy. I dont know why. I am not even into flintlocks or muzzle loaders
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1524/1342/products/on8017__1.jpg?v=1600046386
View All Quotes

James Madison’s home has a small museum where you buy tickets for the tour.  There is a brace of pistols in there that are the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen. I’m not into them either but these were top notch.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

James Madison’s home has a small museum where you buy tickets for the tour.  There is a brace of pistols in there that are the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen. I’m not into them either but these were top notch.
View Quote

That sounds awesome. A friend of mine is into old flintlock pistols of any style. He has a collection with alot of replicas and non functional wall hangers just because of how nice looking they are.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This. In .38 S&W.

Because I just do.

Picture stolen from the thread of the guy that got one for $100.
Attachment Attached File
View Quote

I just got one of those, an H&R top-break in .38 S&W, for free!  
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Liberator
Attachment Attached File
View Quote

Scheels in The Colony, Texas, recently had one of those available for sale in its display case
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Cut down Remington M11 whippet. Form came back in may, still waiting on the smith to call me to pickup.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Same here. I want one even longer and more bawdy. I dont know why. I am not even into flintlocks or muzzle loaders
View Quote

Mine was dug out of the ground. I don't recommend shooting it.

Link Posted: 9/9/2021 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I do have the phone number of the owner of the Encore pistol in .600 Nitro Express. He said to call if I ever want to shoot it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well, I do have the phone number of the owner of the Encore pistol in .600 Nitro Express. He said to call if I ever want to shoot it.
View Quote

Piccolo, in a panic, drops his ten-foot pole and flees.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#46]

Costs an arm and a leg too, but I want 'cause big caliber go bang, bang very far away.  And because semi-auto shoot fast.  7mm Rem Mag would be my preference.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Tec-9, because '80s action movies.
S&W 1917, because WWII movies
Webley, because WWII movies and original CoD
Colt SAA, because westerns
Lahti L-39, because 20mm
Long Branch Enfield .303, because Enfield
French Dueling pistol set, because you never know when dueling may come back in fashion and you want to be able to participate with style

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Mine was dug out of the ground. I don't recommend shooting it.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81535/flintlock_2__2_-422934.jpg

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'll go first, I have always wanted a modernized version of a Lemat.  Big revolver with a shotgun in the middle, maybe .44 mag around 20ga...  or .22 around .410.  It is dumb, I have no use for it, it would probably suck to shoot, and if it was made correctly it would almost have to be a NFA item, but I just thing the concept is cool.  

As a runner up, I have always lusted after some of the old skool drillings, a shotgun or two over centerfire rifle.  I am not a hunter and have no use for this either, but its cool...

So whatcha want?
View Quote

Martini-Henry.  Just a cool, classic rifle.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2021 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Kel-Tec P50...

Why?  No practical reason.  Just for fun.

Attachment Attached File

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top