Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 40
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trump was part of the swamp. His record of donations to numerous people show it. He even chided during the primary that elected officials can be bought and he did it. He hung out with the Clintons forever. Hell, during the 2016 election, when he was badmouthing Hillary, he had their portrait in his NY residence on the same shelf where he kept family pictures.

If the Clintons were truly my political rivals and enemy, I wouldn't keep their picture in my house, let alone next to pictures of my wife and kids.

What many here call the swamp, it actually is just politics. There are friendships and then there are temporary political conflicts and alliances. Look at Ginsburg and Scalia. Political rivals on the bench with polar opposite political views. Yet they were best of friends.

A lot of it is smoke and mirrors, it is a dog and pony show. In FL, the Republican Senate Pro Tempur and the Democrat Minority Chair hated each other publicly. In private, they fucked each other's brains out and had an affair behind their spouses.

At Trump's level, you socialize with those people. With the Bushes, Clintons, Obamas, etc.... that was his social circle. He never was an outsider. He was always part of it. And what happened was is some of the political alliances ended since they became political rivals.

He donated to Kalama Harris for Christ's sake back when she was the CA AG.

I can tell you this. I've been a Republican longer than Trump has and I'm not even in my 40s. I've also never donated a single penny to a Democrat, especially a gun grabbing one like Harris.
View Quote

Then why did the Swamp hate him so much???

I realize a lot of people in this thread have always hated Trump............the Swamp did also.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No @RDak, most of those 75 million Americans didn't want to drain the swamp, end corruption, or throw away the boots of oppression. All they wanted was their side in power so they can benefit from it all and direct the government wearing the boots of oppression to curb stomp people they don't like.

People are greedy and want the easy quick result.

They aren't Constitutionalists.
View Quote

You are painting with way too broad of a brush.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He is not a well man.

Off topic but just a tidbit of info.......allegedly his children are all estranged from him and do not talk to him, etc.  (Also allegedly this estrangement situation existed before the election.)
View Quote

He clearly is not well, and I don’t have a hard time at all believing his entire family has disowned him.

Which makes it all the more frustrating.

Trump should have distanced himself from Wood and called him on his nonsense immediately. But Wood was one of the few public figures still allied with the president, so he unfortunately was allowed his platform. We should still have a republican senate, but because of that nut job, we don’t.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He clearly is not well, and I don’t have a hard time at all believing his entire family has disowned him.

Trump should have distanced himself from Wood and called him on his nonsense immediately. But Wood was one of the few public figures still allied with the president, so he unfortunately was allowed his platform. We should still have a republican senate, but because of that nut job, we don’t.
View Quote

And it sucks!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I realize a lot of people in this thread have always hated Trump............the Swamp did also.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump was part of the swamp. His record of donations to numerous people show it. He even chided during the primary that elected officials can be bought and he did it. He hung out with the Clintons forever. Hell, during the 2016 election, when he was badmouthing Hillary, he had their portrait in his NY residence on the same shelf where he kept family pictures.

If the Clintons were truly my political rivals and enemy, I wouldn't keep their picture in my house, let alone next to pictures of my wife and kids.

What many here call the swamp, it actually is just politics. There are friendships and then there are temporary political conflicts and alliances. Look at Ginsburg and Scalia. Political rivals on the bench with polar opposite political views. Yet they were best of friends.

A lot of it is smoke and mirrors, it is a dog and pony show. In FL, the Republican Senate Pro Tempur and the Democrat Minority Chair hated each other publicly. In private, they fucked each other's brains out and had an affair behind their spouses.

At Trump's level, you socialize with those people. With the Bushes, Clintons, Obamas, etc.... that was his social circle. He never was an outsider. He was always part of it. And what happened was is some of the political alliances ended since they became political rivals.

I can tell you this. I've been a Republican longer than Trump has and I'm not even in my 40s. I've also never donated a single penny to a Democrat, especially a gun grabbing one like Harris.

It's a brilliant act these nevertrumpers have.

"We care about government corruption, fraud, waste and abuse but Trump, he has always been a grifter, fraudster and a cheat. How can he be worthy of support?"

Most of their hate of Trump is either dreamed up in their heads or fed to them through the fake news antennas.

"He's the swamp."

Lol, that is literally lol funny. It is also a major form of projection to distract from the actual swamp.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"We care about government corruption, fraud, waste and abuse but Trump, he has always been a grifter, fraudster and a cheat. How can he be worthy of support?"

Most of their hate of Trump is either dreamed up in their heads or fed to them through the fake news antennas.

"He's the swamp."

Lol, that is literally lol funny. It is also a major form of projection to distract from the actual swamp.
View Quote

They are going to hate him forever.......I do admit that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I love this thread so much
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Would you ever donate to the very people you'd be likely running against? I don't give my money to BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS NOW. They are my rivals. Truimp donated to Harris, the Clintons, etc..
View Quote

Well Trump is gone and now we have Potato and Artichoke as our "leaders".

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

"He's the swamp."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"He's the swamp."

I can't believe you'd even show your face around here at this point.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I addressed three direct statements you made verbatim, in quotes. The only person dodging is you.

You could regain an ounce of credibility by admitting you were duped. Or, just keep doubling down on your nonsense, trying to justify the unjustifiable, and throwing your sophomoric insults at those of us who have actually been correct since the beginning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except he's making "points" to statements I never made as usual. It's also a weird flex to seemingly vouch for every NT on this forum. But hey, he's saying things you like so feel free to internet high 5 each other.  

I addressed three direct statements you made verbatim, in quotes. The only person dodging is you.

You could regain an ounce of credibility by admitting you were duped. Or, just keep doubling down on your nonsense, trying to justify the unjustifiable, and throwing your sophomoric insults at those of us who have actually been correct since the beginning.

Now you resort to creating some fake narrative where I "can't admit I was duped" because you just got called out for putting words into my mouth. You really are bad at this.

It's pretty clear the Kraken was a bluff. Was that clear enough for you? I've never stated otherwise. Instead of acting like a child who "MUST DA WIN INTERNET ARGUMENT!" Try having a shred of integrity and keep things honest.

If you want to lump yourself in with the underscore Share Blue crowd that's ON YOU. My posts were aimed at them (clearly if you have any reading comprehension skills) and went beyond this Powell story yet YOU somehow took offense.

I've stated numerous times that there is a distinction between someone being critical of Trump (GOOD) and someone who seems to only exist on this forum to shit on Trump (BAD) yet every thread like this the mouth breathers say "derrrr if you say anything bad about Trump you get called a commie" even though no one said that. Ever.

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I can't believe you'd even show your face around here at this point.
View Quote

Why?

He wanted Potato and Artichoke to lose?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Possibly but I don't agree in the end.  He is a pretty confident guy and I do believe he thought/hoped he might be able to at least neutralize the Swamp.

He found out that he couldn't.

I don't know if any one man can.  But I sure as fuck can't blame him for trying and revealing in no uncertain terms how deep the Swamp is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump never gave a shit about the swamp.  He played you using words and phrases that elicited an emotional reaction from you.

Possibly but I don't agree in the end.  He is a pretty confident guy and I do believe he thought/hoped he might be able to at least neutralize the Swamp.

He found out that he couldn't.

I don't know if any one man can.  But I sure as fuck can't blame him for trying and revealing in no uncertain terms how deep the Swamp is.

I think one of Trump's biggest failures was not going down the list of govt. employees and firing nearly everyone he had the authority to fire. Also surrounding himself with people like Jared Kushner. He didn't have the political savvy to know who was bad and who was good. I really believe he had good intentions but was sabotaged every step of the way. It's not possible to drain the swamp. It's filled top to bottom with snakes and shit water.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Again. I voted for Trump. I didn't want Biden in office because he was the shittier guy and would do even worse.
View Quote

I will say this for the BILLIONTH time.......it is ALWAYS the lesser of two evils..........ALWAYS!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think one of Trump's biggest failures was not going down the list of govt. employees and firing nearly everyone he had the authority to fire. Also surrounding himself with people like Jared Kushner. He didn't have the political savvy to know who was bad and who was good. I really believe he had good intentions but was sabotaged every step of the way. It's not possible to drain the swamp. It's filled top to bottom with snakes and shit water.
View Quote

Agreed.......he should have least done more of that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I wanted them to lose and I can still admit that Trump as our only option was a shitty one. He wasn't a god to be worshipped like some here do. He was a shitty guy running for office that was less shitty than the other shitty guy.
View Quote

I wasn't asking you.

Of course Trump had flaws.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
And look where that has gotten us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will say this for the BILLIONTH time.......it is ALWAYS the lesser of two evils..........ALWAYS!!!
And look where that has gotten us.

It will remain that way long after we are dust in the wind.........it is ALWAYS the lesser of two evils.

No one will ever be perfect in all of our eyes..........no one.

Seriously and with all due respect you are venturing a bit into Lin Wood territory if you think otherwise, even a little bit.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Now you resort to creating some fake narrative where I "can't admit I was duped" because you just got called out for putting words into my mouth. You really are bad at this.

It's pretty clear the Kraken was a bluff. Was that clear enough for you? I've never stated otherwise. Instead of acting like a child who "MUST DA WIN INTERNET ARGUMENT!" Try having a shred of integrity and keep things honest.

If you want to lump yourself in with the underscore Share Blue crowd that's ON YOU. My posts were aimed at them (clearly if you have any reading comprehension skills) and went beyond this Powell story yet YOU somehow took offense.

I've stated numerous times that there is a distinction between someone being critical of Trump (GOOD) and someone who seems to only exist on this forum to shit on Trump (BAD) yet every thread like this the mouth breathers say "derrrr if you say anything bad about Trump you get called a commie" even though no one said that. Ever.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except he's making "points" to statements I never made as usual. It's also a weird flex to seemingly vouch for every NT on this forum. But hey, he's saying things you like so feel free to internet high 5 each other.  

"Bluff" implies it being a deliberate move in the furtherance of a broader strategy.  Good luck peddling that bill of goods.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@RDak, I'm not looking for the perfect candidate. I'm looking for a group of voters that are Constitutionalists and will keep the pressure on elected officials and hold them to their word. Power flows from the people,until the people aactually threaten the greatest thing an elected official holds dare, their office. They will not do what they promised. The key to this is to aactually vote the bastards out of office.

A guy campaigns on being pro-gun but does anti-gun stuff? Out he goes! And that sends a message to the other shitbags in office.

Instead, we keep voting them into office and they keep promising to be pro-gun but do anti-gun stuff.
View Quote

Fair enough.

Off topic but do you think Lin Wood will be somewhat institutionalized some time in his life?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Perfect? No. But we can actually start to hold elected people accountable. But until apathy is swept away. It won't happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will remain that way long after we are dust in the end.........it is ALWAYS the lesser of two evils.

Seriously and with all due respect you are venturing a bit into Lin Wood territory if you think otherwise, even a little bit.
Perfect? No. But we can actually start to hold elected people accountable. But until apathy is swept away. It won't happen.

You go ahead and keep waiting for that perfect candidate. Meanwhile the left shows up on voting day and gives us people like Harris and AOC.

Great plan.

It's not that your "idea" is bad it's that it isn't grounded in reality. The rest of us realize this.

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You go ahead and keep waiting for that perfect candidate. Meanwhile the left shows up on voting day and gives us people like Harris and AOC.

Great plan.

It's not that your "idea" is bad it's that it isn't grounded in reality. The rest of us realize this.

View Quote

What do you think about term limits?

I think it might be time for it.....too many entrenched "fiefdoms".
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He clearly is not well, and I don't have a hard time at all believing his entire family has disowned him.

Trump should have distanced himself from Wood and called him on his nonsense immediately. But Wood was one of the few public figures still allied with the president, so he unfortunately was allowed his platform. We should still have a republican senate, but because of that nut job, we don't.
View Quote
Well, Wood said Trump didn't lose legitimately, so that was good enough for Trump.  As has been pointed out before, all you have to do to gain favor with Trump is massage his ego.  Conversely, this also explains why he had such a terrible job getting things done.  Once you stop kissing up to him, you're out the door.  Remember when he said he knew more about ISIS than his generals?  Why would he make a jack ass statement like that?  And he did that crap a lot.  He was a veritable expert on EVERYTHING, and he wasn't afraid to do so, all the while putting others down.  He made negative comments in public about Dr. Fauci.  I'm no fan of Fauci, but what did he hope to gain by bad mouthing him in public?  Anyone who's been a leader of any organization knows you praise your people in public and chide them in private.  If you have to take the blame in public to protect your troops, you do it.  If you've ever had to sit through a leadership course or read a book on the topic, you know this is pretty basic.  Despite all the good work he did, he was still an arrogant blow hard who lucked into his circumstances.  I understand he brought so many of his family members into his inner circle because he felt he couldn't trust other people in D.C.  Fine.  But if you don't treat subordinates like crap, you can earn their trust.  You don't just pin chevrons on someone and they instantly become trustworthy and respected.  It's never worked that way.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Dude is nuttier than squirrel turds after a week long all you can eat buffet at the Planter's peanut factory.

He's going to be a danger to himself or others at some point. So yeah, they should get the embroidered straitjacket and crocheted padded walls ready for him.
View Quote

That's where I am at.......he is just too far "out there".

That "squirrel turd" analogy was pretty good!!

ETA:  Here would be my reaction to Wood if I was ever in a room with him and he was bloviating.........

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
@RDak, California has term limits. It does nothing to stop corruption.
View Quote

So does Michigan......but it is good overall IMHO.

Good point on corruption though, with politicians it will always be there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Close, but you are missing the critical issue. Trump was a hanger on.  He was not in the high class social circle.  Hence, his look at me, look at me, I'm the greatest demeanor.  

Jamaica Queens, not Manhattan.  2nd rate prep school.   Went to Fordham and then transferred to UPenn.  Lied about graduating at the top of his class, and falsely suggested he was associated with Wharton.  

He is handing out money because he desperately wants to be in the social circle.  Best he can do is crazy old cranks, and other hanger-ons like the Clintons or Harris or people like Epstein.  

How many billionaires are fucking around with reality TV nonsense?   Look at the CEO's of the Fortune 100.  That crew.  Are they running around pimping cheap vodka or claiming some shit ass $14 a bottle wine is "world class?"  F no.  Are they hoping their names appear in the gossip columns or adopting an alias to get their name in the paper?   No.  

Instead, they are making money, as opposed to trying to make themselves famous.  

Trump is not about ego, unless we are talking a fragile ego.  He is all about a massive inferiority complex.   That's why he is so thin skinned, and demands to be praised.  That's why he has adopted this phony tough guy routine.  It reflects weakness, not strength.                  
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Close, but you are missing the critical issue. Trump was a hanger on.  He was not in the high class social circle.  Hence, his look at me, look at me, I'm the greatest demeanor.  

Jamaica Queens, not Manhattan.  2nd rate prep school.   Went to Fordham and then transferred to UPenn.  Lied about graduating at the top of his class, and falsely suggested he was associated with Wharton.  

He is handing out money because he desperately wants to be in the social circle.  Best he can do is crazy old cranks, and other hanger-ons like the Clintons or Harris or people like Epstein.  

How many billionaires are fucking around with reality TV nonsense?   Look at the CEO's of the Fortune 100.  That crew.  Are they running around pimping cheap vodka or claiming some shit ass $14 a bottle wine is "world class?"  F no.  Are they hoping their names appear in the gossip columns or adopting an alias to get their name in the paper?   No.  

Trump is not about ego, unless we are talking a fragile ego.  He is all about a massive inferiority complex.   That's why he is so thin skinned, and demands to be praised.  That's why he has adopted this phony tough guy routine.  It reflects weakness, not strength.                  
View Quote
I'll still take him in a heartbeat over Potato and Artichoke though.

Ten billion times better than those dumbass clowns.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Where the fuck did I say perfect candidate? The left gets what they want because they show up and vote. I ssid our biggest issue is voter apathy and you just proved me right.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will remain that way long after we are dust in the end.........it is ALWAYS the lesser of two evils.

Great plan.

Where the fuck did I say perfect candidate? The left gets what they want because they show up and vote. I ssid our biggest issue is voter apathy and you just proved me right.

Are you kidding? Rdak literally has been spelling it out to you in crayon that it is always a choice of the lesser evils and you can't seem to accept that this is your reality.

I vote for the best candidate in the primary.
I vote against the democrat in the general.

What should I change? Please tell me. You go on and on but never offer a solution. You just continue with the head in clouds idealistic rabble rabble.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Agreed. Which is why what Lin Wood did in Georgia is beyond reprehensible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, that has to happen if we want ANY chance.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great plan.

Term limits would be great.

1) Spending too much time in DC can turn anyone Swamp.

2) Too many hacks get reelected simply because morons recognize the name.

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit, Mitch "The Turtle" McConnell blocked Trump's Bumpstock ban in the Senate and said No Mr. President, we're not touching gun control. So Trump, being blocked by those meanies in the Legislature that oh just hate him, decided to bypass Congress altogether and do it himself.

So he was the da bestest, smartest, MAGAyest d00d ever and showed those meanies that he can do what he wants as the God Emperor!

Let's face it.....Trump hoped and thought he might be able to get rid of the Swamp.

In the end, the Swamp chewed him up and spit him out.

What would you have done to defeat the Swamp?

If you have a viable plan, write a book and make a billion dollars.

Have your will already notarized and in the hands of an honest lawyer though because you will disappear in short order if that book reveals a viable plan.

Trump never gave a shit about the swamp.  He played you using words and phrases that elicited an emotional reaction from you.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, that has to happen if we want ANY chance.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Heartbreaking and infuriating.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Term limits would be great.

1) Spending too much time in DC can turn anyone Swamp.

2) Too many hacks get reelected simply because morons recognize the name.

View Quote
Yup, I think you are right.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing but a facade meant to manipulate the masses.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Nothing but a facade meant to manipulate the masses.
View Quote

There is always some of that.....that will always be a part of politics.

A classic example right now before our eyes is how dumbasses like Potato and Artichoke could ever remotely have any chance of becoming the heads of the Executive Branch.

We are in the Twilight Zone in that regard.

Think about it......"Potato and Artichoke" is a very apropos description of the leaders of this current Administration.......it fucking sucks and is mind boggling.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#50]
So your saying 4 years of constant  attack from the left aimed at Trump was all part of the show.  Bull...  I realize Trump  was not perfect but look at what we have had in the past and what we have now.
Page / 40
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top