Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 1:38:51 AM EDT
[#1]
The Mexican pizza was about the only thing me and the wife would eat from Taco Bell.

Pup n Taco was awesome until Taco Bell bought them.

Link Posted: 11/3/2020 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I got news for you
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, but as long as they still have the double decker taco.

I got news for you

Link Posted: 11/3/2020 1:47:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I got news for you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, but as long as they still have the double decker taco.

I got news for you
I think that was the joke.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 1:53:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Their Mexican Pizza was my go-to meal at Taco Bell.  No reason to go there now.  Sooooo long, Taco Bell........
View Quote
Buy extras and freeze them.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:04:33 AM EDT
[#5]
The new beef burrito on the dollar menu sucks. It's all rice, hardly any beef.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:08:05 AM EDT
[#6]
FTB.  They recently ditched their green sauce.  I have been getting bean burritos with green sauce and extra cheese and onions for almost 50 friggin years.  They offered two kinds of sauce you could get on burritos and such - red or green.  Now, TB is like Henry Ford: "They can get any sauce they want as long as it's red."
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:08:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Taco Bell has announced that, starting November 5, it will phase out a handful of menu items as part of what it calls a "streamlining" process in order to make way for some new items. So while diners can look forward to trying the Chicken Chipotle Melt ("featuring marinated all-white meat grilled chicken, creamy chipotle sauce, and cheddar cheese rolled and melted together"), Dragonfruit Freeze ("a tropical frozen beverage swirled with a burst of dragonfruit flavor") and, in certain areas of the country, a new, spicier Green Sauce featuring "flavors of fire roasted green chilies, pureed jalapeno and hatch green chiles" and a test-run of the returning Quesalupa, they can say adios to Shredded Chicken, Pico de Gallo and  dare we say it?  Mexican Pizza.

The Pico de Gallo will be replaced by fresh diced tomatoes, but it is probably safe to say nothing will replace Mexican Pizza in its fans' hearts. They've taken to social media to express their grief.

"You have broken my heart," one Twitter account sadly declared.

"Removing the #MexicanPizza is not cool," wrote another.

"Why would you do this to us???" yet another howled.

Amidst the many memes, threats never to eat at Taco Bell again and calls for a boycott, someone has taken action, starting an online petition to Save the Mexican Pizza. In just a few days, it has been signed by more than 44,500 people  and is rapidly gathering more.

I mean, yeah, a lot of people are upset, angry and in denial.

Taco Bell seems to have anticipated the outcry, at least to some degree, but says it's making the move for the good of the planet.

"We know some fans may be sad to see this one go, we are too," the chain wrote in a press release explaining the menu changes. "One silver lining of saying goodbye to the Mexican Pizza that might help you rest easy is that removing it from our menus helps us work towards our commitment to leave a lighter footprint on our planet. Currently, Mexican Pizza packaging accounts for over 7 million pounds of paperboard material per year in the U.S."

Another silver lining is that you can always DIY a pizza like Taco Bell's at home. Here's a recipe. You're welcome.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/news/taco-bell-mexican-pizza-discontinued-petition

That was my favorite item on their menu, I hope Taco Cabana opens up here.

View Quote

Only in Clownworld caused by commie motherfuckers does the Mexican pizza cause climate change.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:08:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You can probably still get one if it was only dropped once and nobody else saw it happen.
View Quote

5 second rule.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:23:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

5 second rule.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can probably still get one if it was only dropped once and nobody else saw it happen.

5 second rule.
Cinco segundos
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:28:38 AM EDT
[#10]
$5 for a crunch wrap now, just on its own.

The crunch wrap box with a drink and taco used to be $5 total.

No thanks.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:32:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I dropped Taco Bell a long tine ago. About everything they sell gives me the Hershey Squirts.  Plus TB always seem to be manned by the rejects from other fast food joints.
View Quote
Me too, but mostly just because I got tired of eating shit. It's cheap and tastes as good as food that cheap can, but I'll be damned if that ground beef isn't like 90% filler. I'll go to chipotle once every week or two but that's about it. Usually just make my own food now.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:35:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Mexican pizza is one of the few fast food items I really like.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:37:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Their tomatoes are worse than cardboard.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:42:01 AM EDT
[#14]
But how will my spouse get constipation relief then? Do we need a prescription?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:42:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Mexican Pizza is about the only reason I still ate there.

But I haven't eaten TB since I chomped down on what tasted like a wad of paper in my taco meat
View Quote

Tampon wrapper
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:43:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bring back the chili cheese burrito everywhere!!!  There is no location near me that serves it.
View Quote
First they renamed it from Chilito (Little Dick) to Chili Cheese Burrito, now they just did away with it?

Those and Grilled Stuffed Steak Burritos were all I ate from there.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:49:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
First they renamed it from Chilito (Little Dick) to Chili Cheese Burrito, now they just did away with it?

View Quote

The cashier at the local TB that has them said that franchises have to pay extra to get the chili. There was a site with a map (chilicheese.org) but it's offline now.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:54:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bring back the chili cheese burrito everywhere!!!  There is no location near me that serves it.

All the Chilitos w/ sour cream I could eat was my price for playing designated driver back in the day.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 3:00:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The Yo quero Taco Bell Chihuahua is turning over in his grave.
View Quote

Well, his bones at least...I heard he went into a Chihuahua burrito.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 3:02:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The new beef burrito on the dollar menu sucks. It's all rice, hardly any beef.
View Quote

Throw in a leathery, dog-chew-toy-of-a-tortilla, and you've pretty much described every "burrito" ever made.

Fuckin' nasty shit.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 3:17:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 3:38:25 AM EDT
[#22]
If Del Taco has any type of intelligent marketing they would introduce a Mexican Pizza.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 3:59:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Taco Bell too expensive for shit food. Mexican pizza is like $6
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 5:06:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Preach!
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 5:19:44 AM EDT
[#25]
They going to focus on $7 basic bean burritos now?

You know, for the environment.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 5:21:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
FTB.  They recently ditched their green sauce.  I have been getting bean burritos with green sauce and extra cheese and onions for almost 50 friggin years.  They offered two kinds of sauce you could get on burritos and such - red or green.  Now, TB is like Henry Ford: "They can get any sauce they want as long as it's red."
View Quote

God dammit this. Bring the fucking green sauce back.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 5:21:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
First Taco Bell got rid of the loaded potato griller. Then the beef frito burrito. The only thing left is chicken quesarito and I bet that will be gone soon at this pace. When i get a fast food craving I’ve been going to Arby’s lately. Sorry TB.
View Quote

You forgot the double-decker taco. May we hang our heads in disappointment together.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 5:48:11 AM EDT
[#28]
It was the last decent thing they had.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:10:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Taco Bell has sucked for a while now.

I always liked their chicken soft tacos, whether they were shredded or diced, but they have really skimped on the ingredients. Not only that, a few years ago they actually tried to charge me for extra.....lettuce.

Now when I am in the mood I just makes clones at home using good ingredients and top in with fire sauce that I buy from the store.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:16:14 AM EDT
[#30]
At this rate they'll never win the restaurant wars.
That's what I was most looking forwards to.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:18:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

But I haven't eaten TB since I chomped down on what tasted like a wad of paper in my taco meat
View Quote

Probably was dried jizz.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:09:06 AM EDT
[#32]
I gave up TBell up a while ago. It had its place when it was cheap. Cheap shitty "food" I can deal with. But now the price-to-shittiness ratio has gotten so out of hand I can't bring myself to do it anymore.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#33]
The consultants they hired to make menu decisions over the last few years were idiots.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:28:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Damn, I always got the Mexican Pizza along with the rest of the meal, it was like an appetizer or dessert.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#35]
They were dead to me when they got rid of the mexi melt. Like wtf you still have all the ingredients. What's the point or removing it... fuckers

Taking pico off the ingredients list is pants on head retarded too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#36]
The 5 layer burrito and doritos locos tacos are the only things left worth a damn and they are expensive. Wtf happened to the nacho fries box? Best deal in a long time.

Now we have this grilled cheese burrito bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#38]
You know they wouldn't discontinue it off they sold well. Y'all bitching but you didn't buy enough of them
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#39]
No Chilito, no care.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Hadley ever eat there, but when I do it's for the Mexican Pizza.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:21:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Bring back the chili cheese burrito Taco Bell!!!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Ok I thought it was just me regarding their prices. It definitely is more expensive now.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#43]
I really went to TB for one item, a chicken quesadilla add potatoes. With no potatoes on the menu, I will not return.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#44]
I like Del Taco, the problem is that the closest one to my house is 60 miles away.   There is one near where I work but they pissed me off.  I wanted to try the chorizo breakfast burrito and I tried 3 times.  Everytime I went there I got the story "We're doing the end of day right now so it will be 20 to 30 minutes for a burrito."
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#45]
That's kind of sad, I loved those when I was a kid.

When I worked at a Mexican restaurant we would copy Taco Bell items, but with good ingredients.  The pizza was always awesome.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The Yo quero Taco Bell Chihuahua is turning over in his grave.
View Quote

Wait! What? That dog is dead?!? NO!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ok I thought it was just me regarding their prices. It definitely is more expensive now.
View Quote
Agreed and the posts have also convinced me that their quality sucks now too.   I thought maybe it was just the couple Taco Bells near me.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I till miss the Encharito
View Quote

Me too. Back in the day you could get it with green sauce.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#49]
I never had their Mexican Pizza so I will not miss it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#50]
They have destroyed the value menu like they have destroyed so many tender tummies on ARFCOM.

For the first time in a long time, my local taco casa has taco Tuesday again although the crunchy tacos are $1.29 instead of 99 cents but they put about $0.50 worth of cheese on top
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top