Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got more tickets when I had a radar detector than all the time I haven’t, or it’s because I was young. I’m blaming the radar detector though, because it’s 2024 and everything is something else’s fault.

Anyway, most of the cops here don’t have radar, and when they do traffic they use a laser gun… Which are fun to play with if you do a ride along.
View Quote

Laser is stationary only and is much easier to defeat if you spend the money. Between a good detector and Waze you'll limit your negative encounters greatly.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Radar detectors are still a thing?  I don't think I've seen one since the 1990's.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I’m an adult, I don’t need a speed limit sign to tell me what’s safe. I also treat red lights as stop signs when I can safely see traffic from all directions and no cars are coming. Free will
View Quote

Yeah, that is not adult behavior or attitude.  It is childish
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's truly wonderful. Annoying that this "free state" let's all cops roll like this, but wonderful that we have the tech to defeat them.
View Quote

The Millersville police pull people over on the highway (I65) in their stretch north of Goodlettsville.

Never seen locals enforcing on interstates before.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I love my V1. I really need to upgrade to the latest hardware one of these days.
View Quote

I like my V1G2. Downside is you need to be bluetoothed to a phone to take advantage of JBV1 (android) or V1 Driver (on apple, and not quite as useful).
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You just know this guy is left lane camper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
if you just drive the speed limit, you wouldn't need one. And we'd all be safer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Speed limits are arbitrary numbers the sociopaths in legislatures come up with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
if you just drive the speed limit, you wouldn't need one. And we'd all be safer.

I drive the speed limit AND keep right except to pass.  Your assumption is gratuitous.

Speed limits are arbitrary numbers the sociopaths in legislatures come up with.

Agreed!  Around here, all the 55 speed limits on country roads are being dropped to 45.  Traffic is light.  The cars are more capable and safer than ever.  That leaves only two possibilities - asshole do-gooders that think they're saving children, or revenue generation.  I say it's both.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Uniden master race checking in....R3

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ATTN ALL R8 and R4 USERS:

GET THE R8 COMPANION APP  (separate app for R4)

It's a huge level-up in functionality and filtering.  There is a thread on rdforums or somewhere where the app developer gives recommended R8 settings and the best usage model for it.   The app also works well with a different R8 in different vehicles.

https://crackedpixel.com/uniden-r8

View Quote

If you go deep into your settings there's not a lot you can't do yourself with just the detector. There's some filtering, muting, improved lockouts and a few other things that are nice but it's not necessarily a must.

V1Driver vs. Radar Companion

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m an adult, I don’t need a speed limit sign to tell me what’s safe. I also treat red lights as stop signs when I can safely see traffic from all directions and no cars are coming. Free will

I have a brain and eyes that work well. Zero traffic coming from any direction, nothing obstructing your vision, but you need an electronic light to give you permission? Lol
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
drive the speed limit
View Quote

At least around where I live, the speed limit is at best a polite suggestion, maybe a minimum.

Traffic cruises at 20 over on the interstate or more. Driving the Speed limit? You're a rolling road hazard.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:  if you just drive the speed limit, you wouldn't need one. And we'd all be safer
View Quote
If you would just turn in all your full capacity magazines we would all be safer .
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#17]
GD costing me money.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
GD costing me money.
View Quote

Today's the last day for the eBay deal so don't wait on it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, being a child is following bullshit laws that are implemented by demonic scumbags that don't abide by those same laws.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yup, VA has by far the most militant traffic enforcement I've encountered on the east coast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If caught in Virginia, it's a 90 dollar fine....and they DO NOT take the detector.....well worth the risk, IMO....

AoD

Word.

Yup, VA has by far the most militant traffic enforcement I've encountered on the east coast.

I agree

I avoid going more than nine mph over the speed limit when driving in VA. They are absolute traffic nazis.

Also, the area surrounding Asheville is patrolled by packs of unmarked SUVs that will pounce on anyone 11 mph or more over the limit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No, being a child is following bullshit laws that are implemented by demonic scumbags that don't abide by those same laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s always funny to see how many people out there are willing to operate like robots and completely abandon their autonomy because of their blind allegiance to government rules & regulations
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:  Wife and I are happy with our Radenso DS-1's.
We learned back in the 80's, how to tell where RADAR was, when it was just a front antenna.
If Radenso ever stops sucking the .mil money cock long enough to get Theia into the wild, I'll buy one of them.Jay
View Quote

Pictures of wife not loading .
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:  drive the speed limit
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sure, right after everyone else decides to drive the speed limit. I’ll also turn all my guns in once everyone else does. We’ll all be safer afterwards, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, right after everyone else decides to drive the speed limit. I’ll also turn all my guns in once everyone else does. We’ll all be safer afterwards, right?

Yep good call.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm an adult, I don't need a speed limit sign to tell me what's safe. I also treat red lights as stop signs when I can safely see traffic from all directions and no cars are coming. Free will
View Quote
So then, when grandma is doing 30mph on the highway because that's the speed she feels is safe because she's an adult, that's OK with you? Or the 18 year old adult doing 120mph? And everything in between all on the same road.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So then, when grandma is doing 30mph on the highway because that's the speed she feels is safe because she's an adult, that's OK with you? Or the 18 year old adult doing 120mph? And everything in between all on the same road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm an adult, I don't need a speed limit sign to tell me what's safe. I also treat red lights as stop signs when I can safely see traffic from all directions and no cars are coming. Free will

Yes, we should definitely compare two extreme ends of the spectrum and leave no room for rational thought anywhere in between
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I know this is a joke... BUT around here if you aren't pushing 35-50 in the 25 mph zones you have all the locals riding your ass.  Giant straight roads at 25mph and the people that drive them daily have figured out a better speed.
View Quote

There's a 35mph road I take to/from work that even the cops will ride your ass if you're not doing 50+
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Left lane karen
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

“News at 10: Florida man leaves trail of chain collisions behind him while dipping and diving down I-4  during harried commute”

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#33]
*laughs in LIDAR*
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I used to run a radar detector all the time when I was younger. Now, in conjunction with Waze, I go about 5mph over and just go with the flow. Once you start going 10+ over, your tension goes up and you arrive what? A few minutes earlier? Just not worth it to me most of the time anymore. It also helps that the speed limits in Texas are pretty high in most places.
View Quote

Yep, driving like an asshole just doesn’t add up.

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Is it worth upgrading from my R7?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah, sovereign citizen, this guy.

Am I being detained?

I am traveling!

I have my license right here that I drew with my crayon.

I dont need a license plate when I travel!

??
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Speed limits are merely suggestions.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
*laughs in LIDAR*
View Quote

It's easier to defeat.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
-Tacitus
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
-Tacitus
View Quote

The drive the speed limit crowd would clutch their pearls and have a coronary if they went to anywhere abroad other than Europe and a few other countries.

I still laugh at the Clarkson story where he got pulled over in Italy driving a Lambo because the cop wanted to scold him for driving too slow.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#42]
OG V1 gang checking in.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
OG V1 gang checking in.
View Quote

Fuck, I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of this one in the thread.

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#44]
They aren’t the miracle people are making them out to be. On the interstate is about the only useful place. If you are on a curvy road they will get you with instant on.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They aren’t the miracle people are making them out to be. On the interstate is about the only useful place. If you are on a curvy road they will get you with instant on.
View Quote

I don't find that to be true at all, maybe with a poorly performing detector. There are plenty of times where I've gotten blips of a cop turning his radar on sometime before I see them. State patrol often drives around with there's on, and I get hits on winding roads 1/2mile or more out. If you're out on an empty road and they use IO then yeah, you're boned, but that's not often the case since there's not much point in doing traffic enforcement on a road without any.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
*laughs in LIDAR*
View Quote

Laughs in Lidatek.

Jay
(RADAR/LIDAR Instructor, among other things)
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Be careful if you ever drive through Virginia.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top