BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:46:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

100% interested in the s2k coming back as well..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they came out with a new S-2000, I'd consider it. Same for a NSX type R. For 50 K, I'd raid my bank account so fast they'd think I robbed it.

100% interested in the s2k coming back as well..

Buy a cayman or boxster. New Honda sucks.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 4:34:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Lol that’s stupid.

I’d rather have that crazy GR Corolla.

At least it starts at mid 30k.
View Quote

Not a chance in the world you see one of those in the mid 30s
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 4:54:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The price of that econo shitbox is absurd.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 5:58:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Civic Type R is goofy looking
View Quote

My mind stops here. I really don't care what it can do.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 6:11:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm taking money out of my 401k to buy it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 6:35:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll keep my $3000 Miata. Nope, doesn't go like stink but OTOH, 40-50K stays in my bank account.
View Quote

The problem is that $3,000 miatas are now selling for $6,000 plus now these days.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 6:41:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The problem is that $3,000 miatas are now selling for $6,000 plus now these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll keep my $3000 Miata. Nope, doesn't go like stink but OTOH, 40-50K stays in my bank account.

Nah, they are still cheap for the older gens, you just have to take your time looking. Mine [93] had 32K on the Odo when I bought it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 6:52:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Meh, paid $42k for a used Type R two years ago.  BAT had a yellow FK8 sell for $102k last year.  

Could have bought 2 type R’s for what I paid for my 911 and the Porsche really ain't a better car.  Owning and driving both, the Type R is a fantastic performance bargain.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Type R’s are fun cars. They scoot and have room for the family (until you end up with 3 kids like me). I enjoyed mine and the ditched it for the Raptor when our 3rd was in the way.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The only shitshow that comes attached to Type R’s is that they’re tire eaters. Regardless of the alignment they will eat the inside edge of your tires within 15k miles like clockwork.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Elantra N is looking better and better to me
View Quote

It's a better car.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#11]
$50k is the new $30k.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#12]
CTRs are cool cars. And Honda will sell every one they make, because they never make close to enough to meet actual demand.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
CTRs are cool cars. And Honda will sell every one they make, because they never make close to enough to meet actual demand.
View Quote

Those aren't CTRs

This is a CTR

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Meh, paid $42k for a used Type R two years ago.  

View Quote

We can all complain about the pricing of a Civic Type R, but name a car that's as fun to drive, in a similar price range, that holds its value as well.  I can't.  Paid $37k for mine new, could sell it today with 25,000 miles on it for the same amount.  Or more.

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#15]
are you in high school and wear skinny jeans
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#16]
For a regular civic, that's insane.

For type R jerks?  They'll pay it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A rational consumer's worst enemy is every other irrational consumer with money to spend.
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/capReference-550.jpg

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We can all complain about the pricing of a Civic Type R, but name a car that's as fun to drive, in a similar price range, that holds its value as well.  I can't.  Paid $37k for mine new, could sell it today with 25,000 miles on it for the same amount.  Or more.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much every car made in the last 5 years has held its value well.  That isn't specific to the Type R.  Pre-covid they were depreciating like any other car.  Post-covid the insane car market just did what it did.

After 5 years of driving I sold my Focus RS to Carmax for a couple grand less than I paid for it.  That is with a significant accident involving frame damage in its history.  Carmax then sold it for more than it cost new.  Market is crazy for almost any car right now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Wrong.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Pretty much every car made in the last 5 years has held its value well.  That isn't specific to the Type R.  Pre-covid they were depreciating like any other car.  Post-covid the insane car market just did what it did.

After 5 years of driving I sold my Focus RS to Carmax for a couple grand less than I paid for it.  That is with a significant accident involving frame damage in its history.  Carmax then sold it for more than it cost new.  Market is crazy for almost any car right now.
View Quote

I figured that insane pricing was over by now, but I just checked, and it's not!  Crazy.  Prior to Covid, CTRs were selling over sticker price, even 2 year old cars.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wrong.
View All Quotes

Bro, that is THE CTR
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Bro, that is THE CTR
View Quote

They’re both CTR’s. Hence…wrong.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I figured that insane pricing was over by now, but I just checked, and it's not!  Crazy.  Prior to Covid, CTRs were selling over sticker price, even 2 year old cars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cargurus has a nice little tool for checking the price trends for a car.  It's what I used to verify I wasn't completely crazy before posting lol.  It's only limitation is they only have data going back to 2011 or so (when their site launched).  I think they basically just keep a history of the prices people put on the car when selling.  Not perfect, since a lot of dealers don't advertise the ADMs they ask for.

Heres the page for the Type R: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/price-trends/Honda-Civic-Type-R-d2568

You'll probably have to set the start date to something like 2016 to catch the beginning of Type R production.  But its a neat little tool, I use it to track the value of my cars from time to time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Impressive cars and the new generation has toned down the appearance a bit. I just have no interest in a FWD car at that price range. I'd rather sacrifice the 10/10 performance at the track for a lot more fun in the winter with AWD which is when I'm typically driving cars over taking the bikes anyways.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I think I'll stick with my goofy looking little monster.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Golf R isn’t tarted up like anime fap bait.

Civic R will sell all they have at $54k+ to kids of rich parents.

Pass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Golf R is up there also

Golf R isn’t tarted up like anime fap bait.

Civic R will sell all they have at $54k+ to kids of rich parents.

Pass.

Yes, and Subie WRX too
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clapped out air cooled 911.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't know anything about them. Are they fast? Hopped up motor? Looking at the Golf R they are obviously are made to compete with eachother. I'm a huge AWD fan so I'd go that way if I were in the market but they are all too spendy for me.
View Quote

Look at Nordschleife lap records and where the CTR lands.

That being said, the new MSRP is already too high and the dealer markups are absolutely insane. Keeping my FK8 but if I were buying something it'd be a GR Corolla.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
44,000 dollars! Add 1,000 dollars for destination. 3,000 to 4,000 for taxes. My dealership is asking 5,000 dollars ADM. 53,000 dollars for a Civic? It’s an awesome car but is it 53,000 dollars awesome? Holy shit!
View Quote

So 53 grand to basically be the fastest retard in the Special Olympics.  Brilliant!  
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The only shitshow that comes attached to Type R’s is that they’re tire eaters. Regardless of the alignment they will eat the inside edge of your tires within 15k miles like clockwork.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/68132DE0-E31C-459C-8800-7D6F30202C62_jpe-2578676.JPG
View Quote

Par for the course with the OEM tires. It's not the car.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So 53 grand to basically be the fastest retard in the Special Olympics.  Brilliant!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
44,000 dollars! Add 1,000 dollars for destination. 3,000 to 4,000 for taxes. My dealership is asking 5,000 dollars ADM. 53,000 dollars for a Civic? It’s an awesome car but is it 53,000 dollars awesome? Holy shit!

Glad you left out the word retarded, lol!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bro, that is THE CTR

lmao...you must think Miami University of Ohio and Miami Unversity of Florida are both "The University of Miami"

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

lmao...you must think Miami University of Ohio and Miami Unversity of Florida are both "The University of Miami"
View Quote

You could argue that Ohio is just Florida but with snow sometimes so yes?
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
lol

To expand on my LOL: $54,000 gets you into real performance car territory.
View Quote

Yep.  2023 2SS Camaro with an A10 and MRC.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really couldn't imagine living in a worst state that Ohio TBH
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Inflation/dollar devaluation.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would much rather live in Ohio, than La, Ms, Al, or Fl, or any State below the humidity line.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks, but I think I'll keep my 2022 Corolla SE with a 6 speed manual. Bought @ MSRP with no dealer add ons. $27K OTD.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Holy shit that's ugly.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think you mean "worse", and imagine NJ, NY, MA, MD, CT, or CA.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Wanna keep expanding? Watcha buying?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

To expand on my LOL: $54,000 gets you into real performance car territory.
Wanna keep expanding? Watcha buying?

Used C7 would be my pick for the money.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I would much rather live in Ohio, than La, Ms, Al, or Fl, or any State below the humidity line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No rusty trucks here
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#46]
What kind of dumbass would spend $50,000 on a Honda for their high schooler?
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What kind of dumbass would spend $50,000 on a Honda for their high schooler?
View Quote

People who $50k is nothing?
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those 964s went nuts for pricing.  993, too.  Interestingly, the Civic Type R outperforms all of them minus a GT2, GT3 RS, or possibly the GT3.  Nurburging times for the Civic Type R were what got me thinking about (and eventually) buying one.  

Faster around the Nurburgring than an M3, 996 GT3, Aston Martin, R8, F430, 360 Challenge Stradale, etc. etc. etc.  Not 100% sure I believe it (supposedly, a stock car on street tires), but they have it on video.  Gotta be true, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Those 964s went nuts for pricing.  993, too.  Interestingly, the Civic Type R outperforms all of them minus a GT2, GT3 RS, or possibly the GT3.  Nurburging times for the Civic Type R were what got me thinking about (and eventually) buying one.  

Faster around the Nurburgring than an M3, 996 GT3, Aston Martin, R8, F430, 360 Challenge Stradale, etc. etc. etc.  Not 100% sure I believe it (supposedly, a stock car on street tires), but they have it on video.  Gotta be true, right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$50k still gets you a good “driver quality” SC or 3.2 Carrera. I don’t equate “fun to drive” with Nurburgring lap times, for an everyday car on public roads I think the coronation is inverse if anything( it also isn’t fair to compare times from 2022 with those from 20 years ago, tire technology has come a long long way in that time and I suspect a lot of those cars on your list would be much faster on whatever tire the Civic was running(Cup 2 R most likely )). As far as holding value a 911 is as safe a place as any to spend your money on a car. All that being said I like the Civic and I’m glad Honda is continuing to make it, regardless of price, I’m glad they brought back the Integra too. Not too many drivers cars being made these days at any price point.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#50]
I think the Type R is OK, but I'm not paying that much for one.
They won't even let you test drive them.
Anyway, I'm kind of kicking myself in the ass for not buying a WRX STI a few years ago.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top