Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:25:26 AM EDT
[#1]
liquid egg whites.

Put them in anything raw...  They just taste a little salty... Thats the secret weapon...

That and not worrying so much about protein unless your goal is specifically to put muscle on...
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:30:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Page.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:30:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Page!
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:41:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By darktide:
That and not worrying so much about protein unless your goal is specifically to put muscle on...
View Quote

I was wondering if you could expand on this point.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:03:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MrKasab:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

what about protein intake when trying to stay the same size and/or cutting also?  

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:31:39 AM EDT
[#6]
liquid egg whites.

Put them in anything raw...  They just taste a little salty... Thats the secret weapon...

View Quote

but but what about those horrible chicken diseases?
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bakkbakk:

what about protein intake when trying to stay the same size and/or cutting also?  

View All Quotes

Book I read said between .8-1 was where you want to be.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:06:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#8]
I'm between .8-1 with what I eat now. I'm consuming 2,400-2,500 galleries a day to get that. Some say at least 1g+ and I have to change up a bit to get there. Or just intake more calories.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:
I'm between .8-1 with what I eat now. I'm consuming 2,400-2,500 galleries a day to get that. Some say at least 1g+ and I have to change up a bit to get there. Or just intake more calories.
View Quote

1g is the standard to make sure you don't lose much muscle mass.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:53:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#10]
Has anybody seen this movie?

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Like art museum galleries or photobucket galleries?
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MeatBag:

If you put two "L"s in calories, my iPotato autofucks the word to galleries. I don't think there is any protein in digital images. But there are in gifs, but they taste like shit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

View All Quotes

can you believe ive been doing this for 20 years and still asking questions.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#14]
liquid egg whites.

Put them in anything raw...  They just taste a little salty... Thats the secret weapon..

View Quote

Thanks for the secret weapon. I have 30 chickens, 5 turkeys, and 4 ninja ducks. I have a crazy amount of eggs.

I am looking to put a little muscle on. I know 5x5 is strength building and not body building. But I'm a skinny fuck, with a bit of a spare tire. I put a shameful upper body selfie up maybe 10 pages ago. Don't go looking for it. Trust me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#15]

What are you talking about. I exercise all the time. And I was on a pretty strict diet before Cola Warrior.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
i hate to be the guy who says diet and lack of exercise,  but that.

I know I don't do those.

Try it.  TRT/HRT is a lifelong commitment.

It's not going to take you from 278 to 900 though.  900 feels pleasant.  

What are you talking about. I exercise all the time. And I was on a pretty strict diet before Cola Warrior.

I agree that diet and lack of exercise is to blame for a lot of the problems people have.

More just pointing out that I still don't think diet an exercise is going to get you...or me...from in the shitter to being a Titan.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#16]

I agree that diet and lack of exercise is to blame for a lot of the problems people have.

More just pointing out that I still don't think diet an exercise is going to get you...or me...from in the shitter to being a Titan.
View All Quotes
i hate to be the guy who says diet and lack of exercise,  but that.

I know I don't do those.

Try it.  TRT/HRT is a lifelong commitment.

It's not going to take you from 278 to 900 though.  900 feels pleasant.  

Nope.

I think I may have been this way my whole life. I don't ever remember feeling awesome.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By cowboy:

Aren't you rocking like 2100?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pumbaajk:
900 is good.

1200 was a bit much. just getting started

315 or whatever I was, was "dying in slow motion" to quote a fellow member in the big T thread. Good luck telling my doctor that though. He gave me Prozac.

Fify.

Aren't you rocking like 2100?

No. I'm at 900ish now.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SCW:

Downsides?  Besides growing hair on your teeth and crying when someone wins a car on The Price is Right?
View All Quotes
So what does 2,100 do for/ to you?

Makes you awesome.

Downsides?  Besides growing hair on your teeth and crying when someone wins a car on The Price is Right?

No crying here...only crying to be done is after the wife receives a good pounding and she finally admits she likes it good and hard.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Nope.

I think I may have been this way my whole life. I don't ever remember feeling awesome.
View All Quotes

Nope.

I think you're awesome.  Need to go take another anti-e.  

You were likely awesome in your early to mid-twenties.  We're just so dumb at that age that you don't realize it.  

Are you going to do TRT?  There's something to be said for being 36, a lot wiser and having the ability to out work a horse.

I went from waking up and counting the hours until I could go back to bed, to waking up and smiling at the sun knowing that I was going to suck every single moment out of the day.

The ability to work out harder and better was secondary to hoping the day I died came quick.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Studies say 0.8 -1 for muscle.    The dogma is 1g per pound for natural and slightly less is a go for enhanced individuals.

If your goals are weight loss, you're trying keto. etc... Less is fine  somewhere in the line of 0.6-0.8.     Gotta be careful with too much protein if very low carb or trying to be ketotoc"

Building muscle...  You need enough protein, the problem is protein likely is limiting the intake of other macros.

Keep in mind I don't like carbs if overall health is the goal.....  Well, refined carbs.   For those looking to build muscle, perform well in certain sports carbs are likely beneficial .  

My current feelings are a bit biased though.  I'm slaughtering bodyweight.  I'm indiscriminately dropping weight. I can barely bench 275x3 right now, but weigh 222 and can't use a damn bit of leg drive. I'm tracking no macros, just eating eggs, nuts, fas, butter, veggies, green,  as much and as often as I want.   So about 13lbs off in the last month...
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Has anybody seen this movie?

https://youtu.be/OeqyILT-H-4
View Quote

I will never tell someone they can not do something to their body. If it's his goal to be 350lbs at 8% body fat, go for it. But when you have some health problems down the road from true abuse, don't try to get the government to ban substances for your fuck ups and ruin it for everyone.

If you look at Arnold, Stallone, / the entire cast of the expendables movies, they are all 60+ and are strong and ripped as fuck. They all are using some form of enhancement and are not dead from all the warnings we were told as kids about steroid usage. Roid rage is a mythical term used to scare people. If you're a dick/asshole before, you're just a bigger dick/asshole during. It doesn't take calm and mild behavior and turn you into a pissed off Hulk ready to smash shit just because.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#22]

You were likely awesome in your early to mid-twenties.  We're just so dumb at that age that you don't realize it.  

Are you going to do TRT?  There's something to be said for being 36, a lot wiser and having the ability to out work a horse.

I went from waking up and counting the hours until I could go back to bed, to waking up and smiling at the sun knowing that I was going to suck every single moment out of the day.

The ability to work out harder and better was secondary to hoping the day I died came quick.
View Quote

Yes, I am taking the gel right now until I can get to another Dr for the injections.

In college I remember going to the gym and never really getting any stronger or putting on muscle. Of course like you said I was dumb and didn't have any sort of programing. I would just do what I saw in the back of some workout mag.

I have always just felt weak no matter what I do.

Seriously I have been lifting hard core for 3 years and can't squat 300#s yet.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Nope.

I became a better person and a better father. I actually had the energy to do stuff with my kid vs just wanting to sleep and him going up to mommy asking her why I didn't want to play with him.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Yes, I am taking the gel right now until I can get to another Dr for the injections.

In college I remember going to the gym and never really getting any stronger or putting on muscle. Of course like you said I was dumb and didn't have any sort of programing. I would just do what I saw in the back of some workout mag.

View All Quotes

You might have just found your solution to your answer. Just took three long years and a lot of blood and sweat...
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:33:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#25]

View All Quotes

I was the same way in college.

If you haven't, do what I said earlier in the thread.  Google a compounding pharmacy in your area, call them up and ask them what doctors are treating TRT with injections.  They will tell you.  I went down that path at one point and then finally went online years ago.  It's only lately that I've been using an actual TRT clinic.

I feel better using the clinic.  The online place was basically treating me like a cash annuity.  They knew I would be sending them $700 every 5-6 months.  They screwed up my stuff so much and sent me the wrong meds on so many occasions that I finally went to a clinic.  Granted I now have a real doctor looking at my blood work and changing my dose but I honestly feel better at 900 than I did at 1500.  My hematocrit was also high and once I got that taken care of it seemed a lot of other issues went away.

ETA:  Typing with one hand is hard
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#26]

I was the same way in college.

If you haven't, do what I said earlier in the thread.  Google a compounding pharmacy in your area, call them up and ask them what doctors are treating TRT with injections.  They will tell you.  I went down that path at one point and then finally went online years ago.  It's only lately that I've been using an actual TRT clinic.

I feel better using the clinic.  The online place was basically treating me like a cash annuity.  They knew I would be sending them $700 every 5-6 months.  They screwed up my stuff so much and sent me the wrong meds on so many occasions that I finally went to a clinic.  Granted I now have a real doctor looking at my blood work and changing my dose but I honestly feel better at 900 than I did at 1500.  My hematocrit was also high and once I got that taken care of it seemed a lot of other issues went away.

ETA:  Typing with one hand is hard
View Quote

The clinic I was at is referring me to a specialist. Hopefully he will listen to me. If not I will go the rout of of going to the pharmacy.

I want to keep using the same clinic I am going to to do lab work as it's only $15 no matter how much stuff I get done and how long I argue with the Dr. The Dr that I have been seeing is only temporary maybe the next Dr there will listen and I won't have to keep going to specialist for refills. Because I like money and I am sure they will be more than $15.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Hank:
Next
View All Quotes
Next

Page

Post whore.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Post whore.  
View All Quotes
Next

Page

Post whore.  

I'm in.  Gotta keep that 1.2 (or whatever) posts per day average somehow.

Actually I was at .75 or so for the first several years on this site, been a chatty Cathy for the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Actually I was at .75 or so for the first several years on this site, been a chatty Cathy for the last couple of years.
View All Quotes
Next

Page

Post whore.  

Have you seen Hell on Wheels yet?

The guy that plays Cullen would make a perfect Lan for the movies.

Wife and daughter are out of town.  Busted shoulder so I'm getting lots of Netflix and Chill.  Power watched the first two seasons of Hell on Wheels.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:24:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#33]

View All Quotes
Next

Page

Post whore.  

I'm only at 8 posts per day.

Hank is only 6.8 per day. I guess I'm the whore here.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Next

Page

Post whore.  

That's because you spend time in that hell hole called GD.

I try to limit myself so the madness doesn't consume me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#36]
And I've been here seven years longer than click
View Quote

That just means you're an old whore.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Wife and daughter are out of town.  Busted shoulder so I'm getting lots of Netflix and Chill.  Power watched the first two seasons of Hell on Wheels.
View All Quotes
Next

Page

Post whore.  

Haven't seen it, but I'm in a hotel for the rest of the week and the contractor doesn't even have questions anymore about the design, so I'm bored out of my gourd.  I'll take a look.

Have you finished the books yet?

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

I've been here a year longer and have 16,000 posts or so less.  But it took me about three years to find GD, I was a tech forum info-vacuum for a long time.  Now there are only a few of the gun forums that I spend much time in.  AR General is almost a waste of time anymore, you can get more info from GD.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Haven't seen it, but I'm in a hotel for the rest of the week and the contractor doesn't even have questions anymore about the design, so I'm bored out of my gourd.  I'll take a look.

View All Quotes

No, haven't finished yet.

I think I'm about 25% of the way through book 4 now.  They are all in Tear.  He proclaimed himself "The Dragon Reborn" and took Calindor in the previous book.  They all got attacked by forsaken, Rand's attack coming from the mirror.  Girls are questioning the Dark Ajah although two have been cut off from the light.

I fly back and forth to Seattle every week so I get about 8 total hours of uninterrupted reading time.  On the flight out they had Avengers 2 playing which I watched.

I'm trying to figure out how to read more.  With my arm in a sling, waist high is just far enough away that I can't read so I miss out on bedtime reading as well.

Perrin is my favorite character.  The world should have more Perrin's and Samwise's.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#41]

I think I'm about 25% of the way through book 4 now.  They are all in Tear.  He proclaimed himself "The Dragon Reborn" and took Calindor in the previous book.  They all got attacked by forsaken, Rand's attack coming from the mirror.  Girls are questioning the Dark Ajah although two have been cut off from the light.

I fly back and forth to Seattle every week so I get about 8 total hours of uninterrupted reading time.  On the flight out they had Avengers 2 playing which I watched.

I'm trying to figure out how to read more.  With my arm in a sling, waist high is just far enough away that I can't read so I miss out on bedtime reading as well.

Perrin is my favorite character.  The world should have more Perrin's and Samwise's.
View All Quotes

What happened to your shoulder?  Travel to Seattle every week sounds awful, but here I am in Wisconsin where I do two weeks on, two weeks off.  Long ways from Utah and the family.  And a terrible idea when you suddenly go from 80yo T levels to 25yo T levels to be 1500 miles from home for two week.  

Perrin is my favorite character.  Get audio books, I listen to the entire series every few years and it takes me a few weeks, A friend of mine got them and got nothing done at work or home for over a month.  his wife was ready to kill me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Today's shop gym temp brought to me by the California sun.

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:33:53 PM EDT
[#43]

Experienced whore, whippersnapper.
View All Quotes

I've been on Arfcom for seven years now... We need some fresh meat around here. Place smells of old whores.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#44]

http://i61.tinypic.com/r70yva.jpg
View Quote

It was 100+ here today with 85% humidity.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#45]

I've been on Arfcom for seven years now... We need some fresh meat around here. Place smells of old whores.
View All Quotes

Ugh.  It seems like every time I read something really remarkably stupid in GD I scroll up a bit and... sure enough, 2013 or 2014.  

We need less 'fresh meat'.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#47]

Yep. We're in the 100s, heat index in the 120s.
View All Quotes

107 in the shade is pretty warm. But humidity is the debble. You can keep that hell.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Ugh.  It seems like every time I read something really remarkably stupid in GD I scroll up a bit and... sure enough, 2013 or 2014.  

View All Quotes

Dec 2012 to mid 2014 was not a great time for sure... Here is to hoping the 2016ers are solid... Probably dreaming the unachievable there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:08:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#49]
Double.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I was in West Texas all week for work. Right around 100 and very pleasant compared to the humidity of East Texas.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top